Signature block pronouns

8,959 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by aggiejayrod
rgleml
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it normal to include preferred pronouns in an email signature block? The sender's name is Martha and she said she is a "she/her". I was surprised. I thought it was a guy.
Rapier108
I see it every so often from companies I deal with.

Generally it is women who do it and the occasional wokester who will also put a bunch of flag crap in there as well.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
bigjag19
AG
Becoming more common, especially amongst large public corporations
kb2001
AG
It's not normal, people who do that are not normal
ttu_85
Wow. So glad to be retired and not have to deal with that garbage. Thoughts and prayers to those that have to navigate those idiotic constantly changing waters.
Psycho Bunny
I go by psycho and bunny. I would appreciate it, if y'all would respect my pronouns.
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
TexAgs91
AG
It's a dumb idea, so naturally, it catches on
Fight! Fight! Fight!
rgleml
AG
It has been a long time since I took English grammar, but I think psycho and bunny are nouns.
Psycho Bunny
rgleml said:

It has been a long time since I took English grammar, but I think psycho and bunny are nouns.
It's 2024 English grammar is racist
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
rgleml
AG
Ha ha, that's good.
torrid
AG
Me and Smith & Wesson
NoahAg
I don't see it much in my world.

/he/me/boss/super boss/champ
El Gallo Blanco
I work for a large corporation and only see it occasionally...almost always from the outside legal/paralegal...but occasionally from inside the firm. I think most are just useful idiots with good intentions, albeit misguided. But occasionally I'll look the person up and they look like true believers...walking red flags that say "run far away, do not procreate with me".

If you have pronouns, I am going to drop what I am doing and look you up, every time. I have NEVER seen a regular looking man use pronouns...shocker.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
I have recently noticed a lot of openings around town for Directors of HR, top of the heap jobs.
I have to wonder if all of this mental illness coddling has something to do with it.
Probably talented & fully experienced Gen-X / Boomers who refuse to kiss the rainbow ring.
dallasiteinsa02
It is really helpful when they do it on their resume.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Corporate equivalent of having a 'no fear' sticker on the back of your truck but for portly women and gays.
heavens11
AG
Whenever I'm on a large zoom call (say over 200 attendees), I'll skim through the pages and count up the number of people who have prounouns listed. It's typically between 3 and 4%. I bit higher if it's all IT staff than a broader mix of attendees. I have not noticed it increasing at all and have only been in one meeting where anyone listed anything that didn't match their "appearance". That was someone who appeared female and had she/zhe listed
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I could see that with many names used these days.
Ag87H2O
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

I could see that with many names used these days.
Helpful in culling the list of applicants. Stay far away.
Hondo.
It's the modern-day aol.com email address. Everyone knows what it says about the sender.
agwrestler
AG
Rapier108 said:

I see it every so often from companies I deal with.

Generally it is women who do it and the occasional wokester who will also put a bunch of flag crap in there as well.

Attention hoars.
annie88
AG
ttu_85 said:

Wow. So glad to be retired and not have to deal with that garbage. Thoughts and prayers to those that have to navigate those idiotic constantly changing waters.

Me too.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Bazooka Joe
AG
I got reprimanded by HR for putting Lick/Balls down for my preferred pronouns. I thought it would be inclusive.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
bigjag19
AG
Had a friend working at Rice a few years ago who wanted to put it as a preferred.

Was told that's offensive.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Only if you want to virtue signal to everyone you are in contact with professionally.
Evanhue
AG
It's the same as riding around with a Beto sticker on your car. It tells the world that you're a dumbass.
Aggie95
AG
How selfish does one have to be to expect me to remember their pronouns?
I'm not memorizing that *****..just be happy that I try to remember your name.
AggieVictor10
AG
Pronouns
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
The inclusion of pronouns in a signature helps me know I need to be succinct in all business communications with that person because they/them are likely to be sensitive snowflakes.
Sid Farkas
AG
kb2001 said:

When I see that in an email, I immediately imagine that person fully vaxxed and wearing three masks.
bmks270
AG
I see it on linked in more in the millenial or zoomers demographic.
eric76
AG
kb2001 said:

I have wondered if sometimes it might be required by a woke employer.
lj801
rgleml said:

If a man can identify as a woman or vice versa, I think a noun can identify as a pronoun. It is new grammar, sort of like new math.
Commander Gorn
AG
It's similar to a Covid mask. Not so much about wanting to be safe or anything, but rather as a way to show your allegiance to the liberal machine
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.