John's Hopkins diversity "hit list"

8,503 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by SeMgCo87
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12950961/amp/Johns-Hopkins-Medicine-DEI-chief-brands-whites-males-Christians-ENGLISH-speakers-privileged-letter.html

Captain Pablo
AG
And the walk back

AFTER it went viral

https://wfxl.com/news/nation-world/johns-hopkins-walks-back-diversity-email-accusing-straight-white-christian-males-of-privilege

And the fallout? Nothing to see here I'm sure
C@LAg
Captain Pablo said:

And the walk back

AFTER it went viral

https://wfxl.com/news/nation-world/johns-hopkins-walks-back-diversity-email-accusing-straight-white-christian-males-of-privilege

that's not a walkback.

that's a "oops we got caught/. we will keep it on the downlow going forward so you do not hear about it".

but that sounds like a harassment and discrimination lawsuit from any white person that is interested in pursuing it.
C@LAg
"The January edition of the monthly newsletter from the Johns Hopkins Medicine Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity used language that contradicts the values of Johns Hopkins as an institution," they said. "Dr. Sherita Golden, Johns Hopkins Medicine's Chief Diversity Officer, has sincerely acknowledged this mistake and retracted the language used in the message."

So if your own freaking DEI officer cannot identify what is considered problematic language, why the hell do you have a DEI officer.
C@LAg
Captain Pablo said:

And the walk back

AFTER it went viral

she's black or so other minority.

there will be no fallout.
RoadkillBBQ
Privilege is being born in the United States. Yes, some folks have a harder road but the road is there nonetheless. It all depends on what road you choose to travel. Everything else is just an excuse. And unfortunately way too many in society love excuses.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
It is scary how the people that push DEI don't know that it is evil and wrong.

Does this remind you of something in history?
RebelE91
AG
Interesting how they didn't list being born and raised in a nuclear family with a mom and a dad.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
The Chicken Ranch said:

i did nazi that coming
MD1993
AG
Paying racist communist to spread hatred and racism.
Sea Speed
AG
Wtf is owning class people? Are they trying to say the middle class is the class of people who owned slaves?
ValleyRatAg
AG
My wife shared with me a month ago something from John's Hopkins saying red meat was a massive cause of inflammation and we should all avoid it at all costs.

I just used this to show her that an institution which was a respected bastion of medical truth and research is now using that public trust to push an agenda and not science regardless of the truth.

She's not a liberal or anything just wants us to eat healthy and take care of ourselves. Problem is she still wants to rely on "trusted", "proven" experts.
Beerosch
AG
How are companies not getting sued for this? If a straight, white, Christian male were to get let go from there and there was circumstantial evidence he was discriminated against, it seems like stuff like this would make a discrimination case a slam dunk.
MouthBQ98
AG
Many of the expert intellectual class are now ideologically possessed and their expertise is in implementation of neo marxist critical theories ideology and all of its various iterations into institutions. They will deceive themselves and eachother collectively that there is a moral imperative to put the political dogma ahead of objective truth or fact where they may conflict, and they do it. Their work output becomes contaminated with falsehoods and then they reference each other as sources for information, compounding the problem and fixing it into place.

It is very much how Ronald Reagan one put it. They know so much that isn't so. And many of those are naive about it. They really believe the validity of the pseudo intellectual garbage they have learned, and are all the more possessed because it is often intuitive self affirming. It is what they would wish to be true, so they never doubt it.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Oh look

It's a list of who Dems want to put in camps
AndAg
AG
I'm assuming it's people who own their own homes, but who knows for sure.
TacosaurusRex
ValleyRatAg said:

My wife shared with me a month ago something from John's Hopkins saying red meat was a massive cause of inflammation and we should all avoid it at all costs.

I just used this to show her that an institution which was a respected bastion of medical truth and research is now using that public trust to push an agenda and not science regardless of the truth.

She's not a liberal or anything just wants us to eat healthy and take care of ourselves. Problem is she still wants to rely on "trusted", "proven" experts.

If covid didn't shake her trust in the "experts," DEI sure as hell won't.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
TChaney
zephyr88
AG
Well, this "priviledged" white, able-bodied, heterosexual, cisgendered Christian owning class male on the upper end of being middle-aged has been at work since 6AM this morning.

DEI can suck it.
CDUB98
AG
Commie *******s .
DrEvazanPhD
The Chicken Ranch said:

I don't think they care. As long as "they getting theirs" now, they're happy
Philip J Fry
AG
Sea Speed said:

Wtf is owning class people? Are they trying to say the middle class is the class of people who owned slaves?

You will own nothing and like it. As in, owning a car or a house.
dreyOO
The least diverse position in the world is the chief DEI officer in an organization. They're always the same color and usually a woman.

Now why is that? No other underrepresented races deserve a shot at that role? I wish Elon would release these numbers and shame their own racist behaviors.

ETA: and I don't think that role should even exist. But since it's such an easy target, why the hell hasn't anyone run the numbers and banged on the drum to show the incredible hypocrisy. Pisses me off rooting for the Generals.
Muktheduck
Beerosch said:

How are companies not getting sued for this? If a straight, white, Christian male were to get let go from there and there was circumstantial evidence he was discriminated against, it seems like stuff like this would make a discrimination case a slam dunk.

Straight white men have fewer rights than most other classes. You see, their invisible, intangible privilege justifies denying them equal treatment under the law
aggieforester05
AG
I can't imagine there are many people who don't make that privilege list. Handicapped, gay/trans, brown, old or young but not middle aged, non Christian, renter, etc. How many people actually meet all of that criteria? It might be dozens, ridiculous.
Rapier108
Won't be long until they start to openly advocate for denying all care to anyone who doesn't check enough of their DEI boxes, which would mean few white people would be allowed medical care.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TexAgs91
AG
If John's Hopkins wants to apologize then they should fire their Grand Wizard
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
HollywoodBQ
AG
ValleyRatAg said:

Didn't she learn anything from the Scamdemic?
HollywoodBQ
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Sea Speed said:

You will own nothing and like it. As in, owning a car or a house.
Probably the opposite of the permanent renter class we have in California.

I think it's over 50% now.
YellowPot_97
AG
Sweet! 9 for 9
jejdag
Was not too long ago that there was a thread (either here or the H&F board) about the Carnivore diet. I remember reading that one of the benefits of it was easing of inflammation, so which is it?
I guess we might as well all be our own doctors if we get to pick our own theory to get behind. They can't both be right, right?
HollywoodBQ
AG
I just love being a 9/9 on that list.

Especially since it was "unearned"

I was born on an island where Spanish is the primary language and grew up in a country where Arabic is the primary language.

Luckily I was hatched with the English module already installed.
Cromagnum
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Wow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12950961/amp/Johns-Hopkins-Medicine-DEI-chief-brands-whites-males-Christians-ENGLISH-speakers-privileged-letter.html

I am every last one of those, and in today's world, each one seems to be it's own disqualifier for job opportunities. Who's privileged again?

ETA: I also like how the diversity officer at every company is always a black woman with a chip on her shoulder.
Rapier108
Captain Pablo said:

Wow

These people just have to make everything about race; and they've put the pedal to the floor ever since St. Floyd of Fentanyl ODed. They can't see the hypocrisy of the fact that they are being given everything, mostly as a way to buy votes for the Democrat Party.

Privilege is wearing $200 sneakers when you've never had a job.

Privilege is wearing $300 Beats headphones while living on public assistance.

Privilege is having a smartphone with a data plan for which you receive no bill.

Privilege is living in public subsided housing where you don't have a utility bill and where rising property taxes, rents, and energy costs have absolutely no effect on the amount of food you can put on the table.

Privilege is having free health insurance for you and your family that is paid for by working people who can't afford insurance for their own families.

Privilege is having multiple national organizations promoting and protecting your race that's subsidized by federal tax dollars.

Privilege is having access to a national college fund that supports only your race.

Privilege is having multiple television networks that supports only your race.

Privilege is having the ability to march and protest against anything that triggers you, without worrying about calling out of work and the consequences that accompany such.

Privilege is having as many children as you want, regardless of your employment status, and be able to send them off to daycare or school that you don't pay for.

Still waiting for this "privilege" I'm supposed to have.

And Dr. King's dream of a nation where people are judged by their character rather than their skin color has been turned into a smoldering pile of rubble by the modern day left.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Funny when those in power don't think they have to be careful in how they say things, then the inevitable non walk back walk back or lame non apology statement.

Sheep go Baaaa in support. We have flown way past Idiocracy.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.