Watching the Weather Channel at hotel breakfast today with family

6,335 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Martin Q. Blank
AggDogg61
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How was the breakfast waffles at the hotel?
rausr
AG
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Every damn morning news cast has a veiled reference to "climate change"

'It has been a lot hotter now then it used to be but we all now why"

Sub hot for windy, rainy, snowy, hurricaney and you can use it every day.

And they effin do.

The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
AggieVictor10
AG
TRIDENT said:

I prefer the Mexican weather these days.

Yanet
harleyds2
AG
Breaky Creek Hotel in Brisbane is Awesome!..Hollywood nails it. I lived outside of Brisbane 3 years. Go check the flood marks as he says…Amazing Beer
Mowdy Ag
AG
aggie93 said:

Actually we are at the point where the better strategy is to keep punching through until they start to wake up and realize "You know, they said the world was going to end in 12 years and that was 12 years ago and everything is basically the same". It's a gradual process and some true believers will never let it go but many will eventually realize that the government can't be trusted and constantly lies to them.

Unfortunately I am now convinced that most people are unable to remember anything that happened in their lives before they woke up this morning.
texsn95
AG
"Atmospheric rivers"
William K. Klingaman
How much damage does the Weather Channel do to the environment? That's a lot of people, energy used, vehicles etc. If they all killed themselves I bet it would lower carbon emissions.
Aggie Jurist
AG
The Weather Channel is as grifty as any other. They want to maximize the drama of weather so that more people will tune in.

BTW, they are owned by Byron Allen, the grifting former comedian who spends his time suing companies that don't buy enough advertising on his networks - alleging they are racists. Do yourself a favor - find your weather elsewhere.
LGB
CyclingAg82
AG
FrankK said:

But I thought weather and climate were different.
One thing I've noticed about these climate change zealots / fools, is that they use either weather or climate interchangeably to conveniently suit whatever bullsh*t argument they are trying to make.
Kenneth_2003
AG
LOYAL AG said:

No such thing as local news anymore. They all owned by one of a handful of corporations that obviously exercise significant editorial control over what is reported and how.
I noticed this big time recently... First job out of college I moved to S. Texas. Just to keep up with things going on in the area, I started following some of the local, Corpus Christi, TV stations on social media. Fast forward to 2017, changed jobs and moved back to Houston. So started following the Houston stations.

Much to my surprise when the exact same posts are showing up. All of that non-local crap that your "local" news puts out is pushed by their parent company. If you're still on social media you'll see it. A wild headline about some crazy story, but only when you click the link do you realize wait, that story is from across the country!

Tenga broadcasting, based on my observation is the worst. Followed by whomever owns KBTX.
SW AG80
AG
Win At Life said:

beanbean said:

It's a strong El Nino right now. That's why it's wet.
Caused by gas lawn mowers, dugh!
And cow farts.
GeorgiAg
AG
There wasn't threads like these until the 2000s.

Proof climate change is real.
LOYAL AG
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

LOYAL AG said:

No such thing as local news anymore. They all owned by one of a handful of corporations that obviously exercise significant editorial control over what is reported and how.
I noticed this big time recently... First job out of college I moved to S. Texas. Just to keep up with things going on in the area, I started following some of the local, Corpus Christi, TV stations on social media. Fast forward to 2017, changed jobs and moved back to Houston. So started following the Houston stations.

Much to my surprise when the exact same posts are showing up. All of that non-local crap that your "local" news puts out is pushed by their parent company. If you're still on social media you'll see it. A wild headline about some crazy story, but only when you click the link do you realize wait, that story is from across the country!

Tenga broadcasting, based on my observation is the worst. Followed by whomever owns KBTX.

Every once in awhile someone will make a video showing "local" news broadcasts all saying the exact same thing on whatever topic they're discussing. It's always a crisis like climate change or something that must happen to save our democracy. The videos start with one station so you can clearly understand what's being said then it'll be two, then four, etc til there's 50+ of them all saying the exact same thing.

It's incredibly clear that "news" has become the propaganda arm of the political establishment. My 20-something year old kids don't pay attention to what we used to call the news but my 70-something mother can't come to grips with the fact that she's being lied to constantly. The other day she called me a conspiracy theorist which made me laugh and remind her that she believed in Trump-Russia, that Hunter's laptop wasn't real, that Kyle Rittenhouse shot black people and that Covid happened naturally but at least the vaccine would save us all. Not sure she appreciated that much. Boomers don't know what to do with the fact that an institution they grew up trusting has been compromised but it's obvious.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
aggie93
AG
Mowdy Ag said:

aggie93 said:

Actually we are at the point where the better strategy is to keep punching through until they start to wake up and realize "You know, they said the world was going to end in 12 years and that was 12 years ago and everything is basically the same". It's a gradual process and some true believers will never let it go but many will eventually realize that the government can't be trusted and constantly lies to them.

Unfortunately I am now convinced that most people are unable to remember anything that happened in their lives before they woke up this morning.
I will admit this is hard to argue with. It's amazing how many people have forgotten everything about Covid and BLM riots for instance.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Coog97
LOYAL AG said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Every once in awhile someone will make a video showing "local" news broadcasts all saying the exact same thing on whatever topic they're discussing. It's always a crisis like climate change or something that must happen to save our democracy. The videos start with one station so you can clearly understand what's being said then it'll be two, then four, etc til there's 50+ of them all saying the exact same thing.

It's incredibly clear that "news" has become the propaganda arm of the political establishment. My 20-something year old kids don't pay attention to what we used to call the news but my 70-something mother can't come to grips with the fact that she's being lied to constantly. The other day she called me a conspiracy theorist which made me laugh and remind her that she believed in Trump-Russia, that Hunter's laptop wasn't real, that Kyle Rittenhouse shot black people and that Covid happened naturally but at least the vaccine would save us all. Not sure she appreciated that much. Boomers don't know what to do with the fact that an institution they grew up trusting has been compromised but it's obvious.
Local newscast producers pulling copy directly from the AP wire or CNN Newsource, copy + paste to "write" their scripts.
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
LOYAL AG
AG
Coog97 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Local newscast producers pulling copy directly from the AP wire or CNN Newsource, copy + paste to "write" their scripts.

Or corporate ownership exercising editorial control so that the approved message is all that's heard. Big corporations are on the same team as big government so the idea that they would coordinate to control the narrative isn't at all far fetched.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
zephyr88
AG
Rains too much... climate change
Rains too little... climate change

Snows too much... climate change
Snows too little... climate change

Too many hurricanes... climate change
Not as many hurricanes... climate change

blah, blah, blah...

EllisCoAg
AG
I love it when the rain fall is the 2nd most since 1940 or 50, so climate change then too??
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
techno-ag
AG
EllisCoAg said:

I love it when the rain fall is the 2nd most since 1940 or 50, so climate change then too??
What about the Ice Age? Climate change then too… but without cars! Amazing.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Tanya 93
I got my snow flurries!

Twirled around in the parking lot catching snowflakes with my tongue

May not be as good as January flakes, but still satisfying
Tanya 93
AggDogg61 said:

How was the breakfast waffles at the hotel?

Were
Kenneth_2003
AG
No doubt it's difficult to process. Loss of trust in any medium is not an easy pill to swallow.

If you have FB... Show her KHOU 11 CBS out of Houston and KIII 3 from Corpus Christi. You'll see the exact same posts on both of their pages. Sure there is some local stuff like the weather that is specific to each page, but A LOT of their content is identical. Tenga maintains and manages a significant portion of their pages. I'm sure it's similar for other Tenga Broadcasting owned affiliates. It was just these two where I noticed it.
Martin Q. Blank

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.