Watching the Weather Channel at hotel breakfast today with family

6,333 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Martin Q. Blank
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since there's been more extreme rainfall events in the northeast US this year….. is obviously more definitive proof of global climate change.

Fortunately, I was there to translate to my kids that narrative is bs.
ts5641
Literally every weather phenomenon now is said to be caused by climate change. They're just going to force feed it down our throats until every millennial or Gen Z'er takes it by faith like a religion.
FrankK
AG
beanbean
It's a strong El Nino right now. That's why it's wet.
Bazooka Joe
AG
ts5641 said:

Literally every weather phenomenon now is said to be caused by climate change. They're just going to force feed it down our throats until every millennial or Gen Z'er takes it by faith like a religion.

Just saying it's raining doesn't pay the bills.
LOYAL AG
AG
And like everything else the lefts believes today they'll have moved on to tomorrow's crisis by time we find out it isn't true and they won't have the first clue that they were always wrong and we were always right. I wish we didn't have to take liberals seriously because the truth is they aren't serious people.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Win At Life
AG
beanbean said:

Caused by gas lawn mowers, dugh!
Rapier108
It is no better on many local TV stations as well.

Every time Shel is on KBTX, he spews climate change propaganda. He even has "climate change is real" on all of his social media profiles.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
HollywoodBQ
AG
Aston04 said:

Since there's been more extreme rainfall events in the northeast US this year….. is obviously more definitive proof of global climate change.

You need to teach your kids about the 1900 Storm that hit Galveston.

And if you can afford it some day, you need to take them to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and take them to the Breakfast Creek Hotel (referenced by Midnight Oil in the song Dreamworld).

It's a nice little pub which provides the opportunity to drink XXXX beer out of a wooden keg but, it also has a wall marked with the year and height/depth of every time the pub has flooded since 1891.

If you know history prior to the invention of social media, you're far less susceptible to buying in to this climate change nonsense.

Otherwise, modern media is - pix or it didn't happen.
WBBQ74
AG
Or go a few centuries back and visit Passau in Germany on the Danube River and see some old watermarks on buildings that date back to the 1500s.

Facts are stubborn things. The current climate change BS is just that. Watermelons.
Aston04
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Aston04 said:

You need to teach your kids about the 1900 Storm that hit Galveston.

And if you can afford it some day, you need to take them to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and take them to the Breakfast Creek Hotel (referenced by Midnight Oil in the song Dreamworld).

It's a nice little pub which provides the opportunity to drink XXXX beer out of a wooden keg but, it also has a wall marked with the year and height/depth of every time the pub has flooded since 1891.

If you know history prior to the invention of social media, you're far less susceptible to buying in to this climate change nonsense.

Otherwise, modern media is - pix or it didn't happen.

Literally, the phrase "this is fake news" came out of my mouth as we were sitting there eating breakfast.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Kenneth_2003
AG
The Weather Channel... The same folks that broadcast in a hurricane acting like they can barely stand up, whole locals calmly walk through the live shot.
TRIDENT
AG
I prefer the Mexican weather these days.

HollywoodBQ
AG
WBBQ74 said:

Or go a few centuries back and visit Passau in Germany on the Danube River and see some old watermarks on buildings that date back to the 1500s.

Facts are stubborn things. The current climate change BS is just that. Watermelons.
I was lucky enough as a kid to take a train along The Rhine when it was in a 500 year flood in 1978.
JohnLA762
AG
Now THATS what I call climate change!
aggie93
AG
ts5641 said:

Actually we are at the point where the better strategy is to keep punching through until they start to wake up and realize "You know, they said the world was going to end in 12 years and that was 12 years ago and everything is basically the same". It's a gradual process and some true believers will never let it go but many will eventually realize that the government can't be trusted and constantly lies to them.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Waffledynamics
AG
It's part of an ideology that needs to be countered. Unfortunately, they have the easy route since they took over the schools, but good for you for telling your kids the right things.

If your logic of determining weather from climate is based on political convenience, you aren't sincere.
Biz Ag
AG
Ironically, one of the co-founders of the Weather Channel, John Coleman, called global warming "the greatest scam in history."
milner79
Win At Life said:

beanbean said:

Caused by gas lawn mowers, dugh!

Tanya 93
First real snow hopefully tomorrow
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

The Weather Channel... The same folks that broadcast in a hurricane acting like they can barely stand up, whole locals calmly walk through the live shot.
Visualize fake news...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Shoefly!
AG
beanbean said:

Oh Yeah blame it on the Mexican's!
C@LAg
Shoefly! said:

beanbean said:

Oh Yeah blame it on the Mexican's!
No. El Nino is Jesus

So this is all His fault.
UTExan
I am sure the earth has NEVER experienced climate change previously. /s
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
whoop1995
AG

Massive flooding!
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1980, 1984, 1990, 2004, 2008, 2010
DallasAg 94
OPAG
AG

Just watch this:

Absolutely destroys the who climate scam

Just like the Covid scam and the soon coming Alien scam.

techno-ag
AG

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

doubledog
Rapier108 said:

Every time Shel is on KBTX, he spews climate change propaganda. He even has "climate change is real" on all of his social media profiles.
Our local weather reports are hit and miss on their forecasts.
Yet "(man-made) Climate Change is Real" is believable.

Buford T. Justice
AG
Same as everything else these days.
The news isn't the news per se, it's a business platform that is to generate $$$. The best way to generate money is to have scared people tubing in to get their daily dose of the fear factor.

Yet, while it is being spoon fed to them, they miss that point about the record high temp being recorded in 1905.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
TexasAggiesWin
S
Using historical averages for day-to-day weather is completely useless (just like in sports)... however, 'news' channels like the Weather Channel and the MSM use this as 'proof' that climate change is real. So ridiculous
Ciboag96
You think this is bad, you should have seen Texas 10,000 years ago. BRRRRRRRRRRR
deddog
AG
Rapier108 said:

Libs know climate change as well as they know science or the constitution.
LOYAL AG
AG
No such thing as local news anymore. They all owned by one of a handful of corporations that obviously exercise significant editorial control over what is reported and how.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.