Climate change protestors [violence]

9,462 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Old Army Metal
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CDUB98 said:

CardiffGiant said:

As much as I can't stand these road blocking POS protesters that's a bad shoot=murder. Terrible, unnecessary and doesn't help anything. As we tell our kids, two wrongs don't make it right.
This is where I'm at.

I understand the guy's frustration, but one cannot just go around offing people who are not a direct threat to your life. That's called murder.
On the other hand, standing in front of a guy who is clearly agitated and holding a gun, and swinging at him with a big stick is probably not the best choice either. When you are already breaking the law and a guy with a gun stands in front of you telling you to knock it off, you bear some responsibility if you square up to him instead of clearing the road.
BCG Disciple
AG
Guy looks like Steve Wozniak.
Bucketrunner
captkirk said:

Most people just want to be left alone. If you persist in not leaving them alone, bad things will eventually transpire.
Nanomachines son
Nanomachines son
Muy said:

CardiffGiant said:

As much as I can't stand these road blocking POS protesters that's a bad shoot=murder. Terrible, unnecessary and doesn't help anything. As we tell our kids, two wrongs don't make it right.

Agree a society will completely collapse if this happens more and more. Maybe if the police would arrest these protestors everytime (aka "do their jobs"), we wouldn't see law-abiding citizens snap.

Yep. The police are protecting the protestors blocking roads at the expense of normal people trying to get to work. If the police are unwilling to do their jobs, this will begin happening more and more.
txags92
AG
Nanomachines son said:

Muy said:

CardiffGiant said:

Agree a society will completely collapse if this happens more and more. Maybe if the police would arrest these protestors everytime (aka "do their jobs"), we wouldn't see law-abiding citizens snap.

Yep. The police are protecting the protestors blocking roads at the expense of normal people trying to get to work. If the police are unwilling to do their jobs, this will begin happening more and more.
No different from truck thieves in San Antonio and catalytic converter thieves in Houston getting shot. If the police stop doing their job because the DAs won't prosecute the cases, vigilante justice will prevail. If this happened in the US, I would refuse to convict if I were on the jury.
Cromagnum
AG
captkirk
AG
Whirligigs said:

Acceptable casualties
The sign-up sheet for next weeks let's block traffic protest just got a lot shorter
HarleySpoon
AG
CDUB98 said:

Oh, dear lord. Two completely different situations based on the motive behind them.

Of course different situations with different motives…..but both the protestor and the cyclists are putting their lives in the hands of a number of folks that have little to live for….that they have just highly irritated. Why take that chance with your life? Too many folks that will hit you and worry about the consequences later.
D-Fens
Cowboy Curtis said:

The older I get the more and more I sympathize with Michael Douglas's character in Falling Down

Robert L. Peters
D-Fens said:

Cowboy Curtis said:

The older I get the more and more I sympathize with Michael Douglas's character in Falling Down

User name CONFIRMED
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
agracer
AG
Bird Poo said:

Meh. We used to be okay with shooting communists.
"When asked how it felt to take human life"

"I wouldn't know, I've only killed communists."
Rafa Gan-Ganowicz
BQ_90
AG
ac04 said:

is that hop
agracer
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

aggielatoo
The D said:

So what about the Trump crazies? Do want them to stop what they are doing?
aggielatoo
fixer
How'd he get his Glock to eject so well?
usmcbrooks
Paging Greta The Gremlin.
doubledog
Somehow this is Trump's fault.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
Who knew the old man could sing and play guitar (sell easy.com commercial )!
Nanomachines son

Really good post about the situation and he's right. If the cops had done their job and removed the protestors from the road then those people would still be alive. As the economy gets worse, you're going to see this occur more often as people have less to lose. These performative protests by leftists have always annoyed people but were tolerated by normal people who had something to lose. Take this away and make cops protect the protestors and you're going to have people begin to view them as agents of the state and they will be absolutely targeted.
Nanomachines son
All that said, here is the real story about the shooter and the protestors. Turns out the media is, once again, lying about everything.

There is a lot more as well.
txags92
AG
Nanomachines son said:

All that said, here is the real story about the shooter and the protestors. Turns out the media is, once again, lying about

(snip)

There is a lot more as well.
Interesting that they bring up Glencore, because I found that part about Canada not having the capability to produce copper to be a bit unbelievable. Turns out there is only one copper smelter in Canada and one copper refinery in Canada…both owned by a Glencore.
DTP02
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Nice.

Dude, you're celebrating cold-blooded murder.

These protests that block traffic are annoying and even dangerous, and the police need to arrest them or otherwise make them disperse. But the reality is that this dude killed two people for the crime of getting in his way. That's indefensible.
Old Army Metal
AG
Being a public nuisance is not, IIRC, punishable by the death penalty.
Predmid
AG
that paints an entirely different picture of the situation. holy *****
Hungry Ojos
Old Army Metal said:

Why do liberals constantly speak in hyperbolic histrionics?

Good Lord, literally no one has claimed otherwise.
Old Army Metal
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Old Army Metal said:

Why do liberals constantly speak in hyperbolic histrionics?

Good Lord, literally no one has claimed otherwise.

Only the dozens of people on this thread expressing their support for murdering protestors, or liberals in general.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.