Climate change protestors [violence]

9,451 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Old Army Metal
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EMY92 said:

Sums up my feelings on it.
Kozmozag
I see more of that coming for activist. People are being squeezed.
GiggityAg01
AG
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Hopefully the guy gets off.
bonfarr
AG
We just need to start deploying the scoops from Soylent Green to combat these road blockers.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
textar4404
Jason Aldean soon to release new song.

"Try that on a Panama street"
oldcrow91
AG
SirDippinDots said:

Hopefully this did not cause further delays on the road.

He is a hero. F those people blocking the roads.

Didn't watch video yet but…
If somebody closes the door and refuses to let me leave, that's kidnapping. I don't really see much difference if I can't back up in traffic and go another way. They are purposely restraining me.
Muy
AG
CardiffGiant said:

As much as I can't stand these road blocking POS protesters that's a bad shoot=murder. Terrible, unnecessary and doesn't help anything. As we tell our kids, two wrongs don't make it right.

Agree a society will completely collapse if this happens more and more. Maybe if the police would arrest these protestors everytime (aka "do their jobs"), we wouldn't see law-abiding citizens snap.
No Spin Ag
oldcrow91 said:

SirDippinDots said:

Hopefully this did not cause further delays on the road.

He is a hero. F those people blocking the roads.

Didn't watch video yet but…
If somebody closes the door and refuses to let me leave, that's kidnapping. I don't really see much difference if I can't back up in traffic and go another way. They are purposely restraining me.

And if their laws support your example that man is going to live the rest of his life feeling good about what he did. If the laws don't, he'll likely die in prison. If that's the case, I'm sure he thought that out when he got his gun and went out there and figured shooting a few of them would be worth it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
BCG Disciple
AG
For those claiming murder, this is an obviously bias story and there is no video of the actual shooting to know the circumstances leading up to it. And I don't know Panamanian laws. Was he removing obstructions from the road when he was attacked?

Just because the left wants to go viral with this doesn't make it accurate.
aTm2004
AG
Oh no. Anyway…
SirDippinDots
Muy said:

CardiffGiant said:

As much as I can't stand these road blocking POS protesters that's a bad shoot=murder. Terrible, unnecessary and doesn't help anything. As we tell our kids, two wrongs don't make it right.

Agree a society will completely collapse if this happens more and more. Maybe if the police would arrest these protestors everytime (aka "do their jobs"), we wouldn't see law-abiding citizens snap.

Exactly and it will do some good. If enough of those idiots are shot it will discourage others.
Who?mikejones!
There is video and its in Panama.

Hogties
AG

Robert L. Peters
He's just another victim of the culture war and the collapse of western civilization. He will be a distant memory for all of us in 2 months…maybe a follow up post when he's sentenced. But he will die in a panama prison because he couldn't control himself. Tough **** for all involved..I'll keep my head down in this insane time.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
MouthBQ98
AG
Is it murder if the ecoterrorists block an ambulance from a timely arrival at a hospital with the traffic jam they create?
agsalaska
AG
BCG Disciple said:

For those claiming murder, this is an obviously bias story and there is no video of the actual shooting to know the circumstances leading up to it. And I don't know Panamanian laws. Was he removing obstructions from the road when he was attacked?

FrankK
AG
Sailor
What if his wife had a stroke or heart attack and he was taking her to the hospital and the protestors blocked the road causing her to die?
CheeseSndwch

Needs more Van Halen.
CDUB98
AG
CardiffGiant said:

This is where I'm at.

I understand the guy's frustration, but one cannot just go around offing people who are not a direct threat to your life. That's called murder.
ttu_85
Robert L. Peters said:

He's just another victim of the culture war and the collapse of western civilization. He will be a distant memory for all of us in 2 months…maybe a follow up post when he's sentenced. But he will die in a panama prison because he couldn't control himself. Tough **** for all involved..I'll keep my head down in this insane time.
Oh yeah thats the answer.

Suppose this scenario: Just imagine if more of people setting on their ass in traffic got out of their cars and started helping the old man remove the trash from the highway. Its very likely the communist, oh I mean climate change protesters would have backed down.

Wa-la no one gets shot and the road reopened. Problem solved. At worst its also possible some fist may have been thrown but highly unlikey 2 would get shot.

Keeping your head down solves absolutely nothing. In fact makes things worse in the long run. When the body gets cancer its best to remove it. Preferably peacefully.
Ciboag96
I'm afraid you're gonna see more of this as people grow beyond frustrated with not only the protesters lack of care with peoples daily lives, but also the lack of our police force doing anything about it. The police should be stopping us immediately, but they're being ordered not to so people are gonna push back hard.
CDUB98
AG
Do take note that this was in England where gun laws are extremely strict. How did this guy, an American at that, get a gun lawfully there?
rgag12
AG
CDUB98 said:

Do take note that this was in England where gun laws are extremely strict. How did this guy, an American at that, get a gun lawfully there?

He didn't, because this all took place in Panama
Phatbob
AG
rgag12 said:

CDUB98 said:

He didn't, because this all took place in Panama
Wow, that makes it even more confusing. How did an American get a gun into England to shoot someone in Panama? That means we need WAAAY more gun laws to cover this.
CDUB98
AG
Not reading the article gets me again.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Lawlessness met lawlessness

If these morons would stay off the roads, nothing bad will happen to them there
Hungry Ojos
Maroon Dawn said:

Lawlessness met lawlessness

If these morons would stay off the roads, nothing bad will happen to them there

This is the way I look at it too.
HarleySpoon
AG
I do not understand how these protesters fail to realize that eventually some person with already little to live for is going to snap.

Same with bikers blocking traffic on narrow, winding highways here in the USA. Folks with little to lose are going to say "f it" and claim it was a careless accident. Why put your life in the hands of folks with so little to live for? Congratulations on being lawfully correct.
BigRobSA
agsalaska said:

BCG Disciple said:

Good shoot.
Moral High Horse
We need less of that and more of this:

You're blocking the road and the consequences need to reflect that.
aTm2004
AG
agsalaska said:

BCG Disciple said:

Teachers on strike? They took their job so seriously that a couple were willing to give their lives to teach an important lesson on not being a moron. #respect
CDUB98
AG
Oh, dear lord. Two completely different situations based on the motive behind them.
TexAg1987

Quote:

Road blocks set up by protesters have caused up to $80 million in daily losses to businesses, according to Panama's association of company executives, with schools closed nationwide for over a week and more than 150,000 medical appointments missed.

Quote:

However, if he is convicted, the 77-year-old could be sentences to house arrest and not jail time on account of his age, according to local reports.

A little context. Not condoning it but setting the scene.

This had been happening for 3 weeks.

Doesn't look like the punishment could be too harsh. Being a lawyer, he may have known that.

Protesters making people angry who have no ability to change the outcome. Eventually someone is going to crack. I would have expected someone to just drive thru the blockade at full speed first, but whatever.

Go protest at the government and leave the people alone.

TJaggie14
AG
ac04 said:

Looks like Santa put him on the naughty list.... permanently
-or-
Merry Christmas you filthy animal
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.