If Israel ends up expelling the Palestinians from Gaza

9,410 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by BillYeoman
BonfireNerd04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where should they be resettled? Egypt is closest, but is refusing refugees due to "security concerns" (and they're not wrong).
flashplayer
AG
I vote China. They're allies, after all.
aggiez03
AG
Hopefully, 6 feet under if they support Hamas.

The rest of them should come together and create a functional society like Israel and Eqypt their two neighbors have.
suburban cowboy
AG
Kill em all.

Ones that escape can assimilate into another culture.
Rapier108
No one wants them and for good reason.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
C@LAg
biden will bus all 3 million whatever to the US.
flashplayer
AG
C@LAg said:

I think sending them on a bus from Gaza to the US is something we can all get behind.
EVA3
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Kill em all.

I agree except you should have stopped here.
Loren Visser
send them to Iran
If the pay's right, and it's legal, I'll do it...Well, if the pay's right, I'll do it.
Claverack
Antarctica…naked.
AlaskanAg99
AG
This is a tough take, but not all Palestinians are Muslim. Some are Christian. This complicates the issue but a blanket order is not that great. I would hope their security forces have backgrounds on everyone, but who knows.

Something like 59% of Palestinians voted for Hamas. Just like not everyone voted for Biden, can't paint a wide brush. This is on Israel to sort out, and it's clear Egypt doesn't trust them. But can't sweep everyone out. Because of where we are as a nation.
UTExan
Cleansing the area of Hamas and insisting on a new democratic process would help. The more peace there is, the more trade and employment opportunities you have in Israel. Put monsters in power again? No food, fuel, water, etc.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
45-70Ag
AG
Iran
aggie93
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

This is a tough take, but not all Palestinians are Muslim. Some are Christian. This complicates the issue but a blanket order is not that great. I would hope their security forces have backgrounds on everyone, but who knows.

Something like 59% of Palestinians voted for Hamas. Just like not everyone voted for Biden, can't paint a wide brush. This is on Israel to sort out, and it's clear Egypt doesn't trust them. But can't sweep everyone out. Because of where we are as a nation.
There are very few Christians in Palestine. Unfortunately any way you slice it a lot of innocent people are caught in the crossfire of this and that's the choice of Hamas and the Palestinians. Israel has to do whatever it needs to do.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
samurai_science
UTExan said:

Cleansing the area of Hamas and insisting on a new democratic process would help. The more peace there is, the more trade and employment opportunities you have in Israel. Put monsters in power again? No food, fuel, water, etc.
That has never worked, it was tried
TAMUallen
AG
flashplayer said:

I vote China. They're allies, after all.

Uyghurs lol
TexAgs91
AG
C@LAg said:

oh damn... you're right
eric76
AG
Rapier108 said:

No one wants them and for good reason.
That's what I understand.

Nobody wants them and nobody really wants to go to war to help them.

Some time after Obama was elected, he went on a state visit to Saudi Arabia and met with the King of Saudi Arabia. When they sat down for a talk about Saudi Arabia's issues, Obama just wanted to talk about the Palestinians. The King of Saudi Arabia was reported taken by surprise because Palestinian issues were far down his list of concerns and he couldn't understand how a President of the United States could be so ignorant about the Middle East to think that they were of any real concern.

At least, that's the way I remember it.

While the other countries in the Middle East may give them lip service, they really aren't that much of a concern to them. None of them are going to want the Palestinians to become refugees in their countries.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
eric76
AG
aggie93 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

There are very few Christians in Palestine. Unfortunately any way you slice it a lot of innocent people are caught in the crossfire of this and that's the choice of Hamas and the Palestinians. Israel has to do whatever it needs to do.
There are supposedly quite a few Christians in the area, but many of the Christians in the Palestine have generally fled and the percentage of Christians has declined by quite a bit.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
mjschiller
AG
Iran and Lebanon
Marvin J. Schiller
Faustus
The Palestinian Christians kind of blend in by necessity in the territories, but hate Israel reflexively too. Being Christian doesn't make them any less nationalistic or proud to be Palestinian. It's not like we're talking southern baptist Christians gazing rapturously at Israel. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and any other Sunni extremists will never pick the Christians to be on their terrorist team in the WB and Gaza, so that makes them safe.

As far as numbers in the strip, this Catholic site pegs it at less than 1,100 out of more than two million, so more than dozens of them. That's down from 2-3k in 2010 according to wiki's cite.

https://www.pillarcatholic.com/p/palestine-christians-have-no-margin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_Strip#Demographics

(Pillarcatholic quote)
Quote:

. . . There are almost 1,100 Palestinian Christians living in the Gaza Strip a small minority among the region's population of more than 2 million. In 2017, there were approximately 47,000 Christians living in the West Bank, and more than 100,000 living in Israel. . . .
Flavius Agximus
AG
It would be one of the greatest days in modern history.
96AgGrad
AG
annie88
AG
Something like 59% of Palestinians voted for Hamas.

They vote for Hamas?

I am not versed in Palestinian affairs. How does this work? You vote for terrorists?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Faustus
annie88 said:

Something like 59% of Palestinians voted for Hamas.

They vote for Hamas?

I am not versed in Palestinian affairs. How does this work? You vote for terrorists?
Kind of like how the IRA had the terrorist and political (Sinn Fein) wings, but more Muslim than Catholic and less of a facade between the two wings.
LMCane
BonfireNerd04 said:

Where should they be resettled? Egypt is closest, but is refusing refugees due to "security concerns" (and they're not wrong).
there is not going to be a mass expulsion

currently the IDF is literally making more efforts to save Palestinian civilians than their own terrorist government of Hamas.

the IDF is dropping leaflets, calling on their cell phones and posting to media where Palestinian civilians should go so that they are not injured in crossfire.

their overlord masters of Hamas- instead of helping their OWN civilians seek safety instead forbids them to leave and Hamas refuses to open their terror tunnels to shelter their own citizens.

this is another prime example of the difference between Israeli and Palestinian society.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Send them to purgatory and let God and Satan sort it all out.
AggieVictor10
AG
EVA3 said:

suburban cowboy said:

Kill em all.

I agree except you should have stopped here.

Unsurprising take.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

FK/brain worm 2024
Get Off My Lawn
Pallets of cash to Iran should be considered a down payment for the Palestinian relocation.
Get Off My Lawn
Although I am curious how the world would respond if Israel just nuked em…. No take-backsies. No waffling. Just an immediate and decisive removal of a terroristic people.
DarkBrandon01
AG
the bahamas
fc2112
Arab world can take them in the same way Israel took in all the expelled Jews when the Arabs kicked them out.

Country or territory - 1948 Jewish population - Most recent estimates
Morocco - 250,000 - 2,100 (2019)
Algeria - 140,000 - 50 (2014)
Tunisia - 50,000 - 1,000 (2019)
Libya - 35,000 - 0 (2014)
Iraq - 135,000 - 0 (2014)
Egypt - 75,000 - 100 (2019)
Yemen and Aden - 53,000 - 50 (2016)
Syria - 15,000 - 100 (2019)
Lebanon - 5,000 - 100 (2012)
Afghanistan - 5,000 - 0 (2021)
Saudi Arabia - Unknown - 0 (2020)
Bangladesh - Unknown - 75 (2012)
Iran - 65,232 - 8,300 (2019)
Pakistan - 2,000 - 900 (2017)
GordonWood
AG
St. Helena hasn't had any business in a while.
MouthBQ98
AG
Israel doesn't want to expel them from Gaza. It wants them to stay there and be peaceful neighbors, if they are willing to do so. It wants to expel the Hamas ideology from Gaza.
doubledog
You could bus them to the west bank, but I do not think even the Palestine Authority wants their own people.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.