If Israel ends up expelling the Palestinians from Gaza

9,437 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by BillYeoman
SirDippinDots
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are all casting absentee ballots in Atlanta.
DallasAg 94
rednecked
AG
lot's of space in Antarctica. Seems like no one would mind if they made some of it their homeland

SouthTex99
AG
Spartacus
This
HumpitPuryear
AG
C@LAg said:

biden will bus all 3 million whatever to the US.

Fine if he wants to try and bus them. But we all need to be in the streets and ungovernable if he tries flying them here.
YouBet
AG
UTExan said:

Cleansing the area of Hamas and insisting on a new democratic process would help. The more peace there is, the more trade and employment opportunities you have in Israel. Put monsters in power again? No food, fuel, water, etc.
Problem with that is that we already (reportedly) have one senior Hamas official laying out how Hamas pursued this strategy as cover for planning their Jihad against Israel.

Peace is pointless unless you reboot the whole culture and purge them of their religion. And that will never happen.
fullback44
AG
aggiez03 said:

Hopefully, 6 feet under if they support Hamas.

The rest of them should come together and create a functional society like Israel and Eqypt their two neighbors have.
Yes the Gaza Strip needs leaders similar to the West Bank leaders so that the radical Hamas type culture can be expelled from that society.. those Gaza Strip kids have zero chance of leading normal lives if Hamas is brain washing them from day one …. as for Hamas itself, I think your seeing what's going to happen to them now, Israel isn't stopping till they are red mist

So Control Alt Delete then Control Alt Delete one more time
Donghorn
I don’t start threads, I end them…
Dan Scott
AG
If Israel blows the crap out of Gaza, anybody still there will be pissed off at Israel. In the old days, anybody left would be killed or slaved. We don't do that anymore. It's going to take a Japan style occupation. Unlike Iraq, Israel shouldn't fire the Hamas military and leave them on their own to insurgence. Give them jobs and funding to rebuild with a watchful eye.
Muy
AG
Wherever those locusts go, the conditions of their new environment will become exactly as it is in Gaza. They simply can't be a part of a thriving community.
Dan Scott
AG
Also Arab countries need to get involved. These are their people and they are rich. Fix your gdamn neighborhood. It's been 75 effing years, Israel ain't going away.
rgag12
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Israel doesn't want to expel them from Gaza. It wants them to stay there and be peaceful neighbors, if they are willing to do so. It wants to expel the Hamas ideology from Gaza.

In a perfect world that would happen. However if the people in Gaza and the West Bank remain where they are they will always try to "reclaim" the land that they think was taken from them. You can get rid of Hammas but another organization with the same goals will take its place.

There are only two solutions, both Israel can't do without significant cooperation from the international community and/or without gaining long-term international scorn.

1. Relocate the Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza and repopulate those areas with Jews. Countries aren't going to sign up for taking millions of people so that Israel can repopulate.

2.Outlaw any mention of Palestine, annex the West Bank/Gaza, and force a culture change. This solution would take many years and would encounter a lot of resistance, but over the course of a couple generations it would be successful. However the scorn from the international community would be intense as a forced culture change doesn't sit right in a post-modern world.
aggie93
AG
eric76 said:

Rapier108 said:

No one wants them and for good reason.
That's what I understand.

Nobody wants them and nobody really wants to go to war to help them.

Some time after Obama was elected, he went on a state visit to Saudi Arabia and met with the King of Saudi Arabia. When they sat down for a talk about Saudi Arabia's issues, Obama just wanted to talk about the Palestinians. The King of Saudi Arabia was reported taken by surprise because Palestinian issues were far down his list of concerns and he couldn't understand how a President of the United States could be so ignorant about the Middle East to think that they were of any real concern.

At least, that's the way I remember it.

While the other countries in the Middle East may give them lip service, they really aren't that much of a concern to them. None of them are going to want the Palestinians to become refugees in their countries.
Yep, most Americans don't understand how the ME works at all. It was actually something Trump understood very well to his credit and I think DeSantis also does. Trump was probably a little too Pro Saudi, DeSantis is on the edge of too Pro Israel. They are the best options in terms of countries to have as allies in the region but make no mistake, both of them will always put their own interests first just like most countries not called the US (so many Americans are so naive and arrogant they can't understand this).

The Palestinians are the lowest tier among Arabs and Arabs are fundamentally tribal and have a very different value set than we do. I was actually watching "Lawrence of Arabia" the other night again and it unintentionally expresses this very well if unintentionally so. I would encourage people to watch it and think in terms of how the region operated prior to oil being discovered and as the Colonial period was coming to an end. There is very much of a ranking order among tribes and in general they hate each other and love to fight, they certainly don't give a damn about another tribe being killed unless it benefits or hurts them in some way. There is no magic solution that will fix it in more than a temporary way.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
halfastros81
AG
It would be foolhardy to allow them to reoccupy Gaza. It needs to be a part of Israel and defended as such by Israel.

The overwhelming majority of the people that lived in Gaza were programmed from birth to hate Israel and Jews and by association America and Americans. They aren't going to change.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
rednecked said:

lot's of space in Antarctica. Seems like no one would mind if they made some of it their homeland

The penguins will mind.
#FJB
MouthBQ98
AG
They could do it in the not jackass way of getting an education, jetting a job or creating a business, and buying their way back into a part of "Palestine". But that takes actual effort and planning and work and is constructive instead of destructive.
BlueSmoke
With their benefactors - Iran
Nobody cares. Work Harder
SockStilkings
BonfireNerd04 said:

Where should they be resettled? Egypt is closest, but is refusing refugees due to "security concerns" (and they're not wrong).
I believe the issues with Egypt run a bit deeper than just not wanting the refugees. In the minds of Islam, all Muslims are most certainly not created equally.
SockStilkings
aggie93 said:

Yep, most Americans don't understand how the ME works at all. It was actually something Trump understood very well to his credit and I think DeSantis also does. Trump was probably a little too Pro Saudi, DeSantis is on the edge of too Pro Israel. They are the best options in terms of countries to have as allies in the region but make no mistake, both of them will always put their own interests first just like most countries not called the US (so many Americans are so naive and arrogant they can't understand this).

The Palestinians are the lowest tier among Arabs and Arabs are fundamentally tribal and have a very different value set than we do. I was actually watching "Lawrence of Arabia" the other night again and it unintentionally expresses this very well if unintentionally so. I would encourage people to watch it and think in terms of how the region operated prior to oil being discovered and as the Colonial period was coming to an end. There is very much of a ranking order among tribes and in general they hate each other and love to fight, they certainly don't give a damn about another tribe being killed unless it benefits or hurts them in some way. There is no magic solution that will fix it in more than a temporary way.
Very good observations and information in your post and agree with the overall takes.

The nomadic tribal nature of the peoples of the region and even extending into Central Asia makes permanent solutions an ongoing, permanent problem.

The Brits deserve a lot of credit for the lingering effects of the colonialism, folks like Lawrence of Arabia and a drawing of maps / borders with little regard to the peoples within those countries.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
samurai_science said:

UTExan said:

Cleansing the area of Hamas and insisting on a new democratic process would help. The more peace there is, the more trade and employment opportunities you have in Israel. Put monsters in power again? No food, fuel, water, etc.
That has never worked, it was tried

Rule of Acquisition #34: War is good for business
Rule of Acquisition #35: Peace is good for business
texag84
AG
Iran is the answer to their resettlement.
aggie93
AG
texag84 said:

Iran is the answer to their resettlement.
Ideally yes, realistically no. Look at a map. To get to Iran you have to go through Jordan or Syria and then Iraq to get to Iran. I mean I guess you would try a mass shipping of people but Egypt isn't likely to let you go through the Suez so you would have to go to the Gulf of Aqaba. No easy path and you have to get the other Arab countries to cooperate.

Of course fundamentally Iran is Shia and Palestine is Sunni and they don't get along either. Persians think of Arabs as beneath them and Palestinians are the lowest of the Arabs.

Theoretically you could force it but that's all, theoretically. Iran is using the Palestinians because its cheap to do so and relatively low risk. They know it is unlikely anyone has the balls to attack Iran proper, unless your name is Alexander that's unlikely to go well for you.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Opalka
AG
EVA3 said:

suburban cowboy said:

Kill em all.

I agree except you should have stopped here.
Sounds more like the Mad King in Game of Thrones.
Bucketrunner
Kenneth_2003 said:

Send them to purgatory and let God and Satan sort it all out.
rednecked
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

rednecked said:

The penguins will mind.
Deputy Travis Junior
Abbot is organizing flights to NYC as we speak
carl spacklers hat
Dan Scott said:

If Israel blows the crap out of Gaza, anybody still there will be pissed off at Israel. In the old days, anybody left would be killed or slaved. We don't do that anymore. It's going to take a Japan style occupation. Unlike Iraq, Israel shouldn't fire the Hamas military and leave them on their own to insurgence. Give them jobs and funding to rebuild with a watchful eye.
I think you missed the part where Israel said they are going to eradicate Hamas. That doesn't mean people who have been brainwashed from birth to hate Jews to the point of wanting to kill them all should be left to do anything post-annihilation. Every member of Hamas should be put to the sword. You think you can rehabilitate them? Your take is very nave and dangerous.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
LMCane
aggie93 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

This is a tough take, but not all Palestinians are Muslim. Some are Christian. This complicates the issue but a blanket order is not that great. I would hope their security forces have backgrounds on everyone, but who knows.

Something like 59% of Palestinians voted for Hamas. Just like not everyone voted for Biden, can't paint a wide brush. This is on Israel to sort out, and it's clear Egypt doesn't trust them. But can't sweep everyone out. Because of where we are as a nation.
There are very few Christians in Palestine. Unfortunately any way you slice it a lot of innocent people are caught in the crossfire of this and that's the choice of Hamas and the Palestinians. Israel has to do whatever it needs to do.
there are more Arab Christians inside Israel today than there are Christians in Gaza.

if you were Christian- would you want to live under Hamas?!?!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Hell
ABATTBQ11
AG
annie88 said:

Something like 59% of Palestinians voted for Hamas.

They vote for Hamas?

I am not versed in Palestinian affairs. How does this work? You vote for terrorists?

hamas is a political party with a militant wing. Think Nazis and brown shirts. hamas runs the gaza strip, while the West Bank is controlled by a different and more moderate palestinian party, Fatah. Fatah technically won the last election, but hamas wouldn't recognize them and essentially usurped gaza where they had majority support.
Dimebag Darrell
Donghorn said:

False flag?

And every conservative I know is saying THEY should respond harshly to Palestine. Not that WE should do anything.

What a dumbass tweet. You posted that in mocking fashion right? To show us what braindead idiocy is out there floatin around?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
mjschiller said:

Iran and Lebanon
That just kicks the can down the road. Then you move Hamas from Israel's southern border to their northern.
K2Ag97
All human life has value.

All human life can be redeemed.
BlueSmoke
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

rednecked said:

The penguins will mind.
Polar bears won't......
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.