Israel/Hamas going at it

1,668,812 Views | 9815 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Brother Shamus
ChemAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think he's saying it looks like it was a false flag operation.
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks for the reply. Can see that now when I click the X/twitter link.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BBRex
AG
Wouldn't "false flag" imply that Hamas hit the hospital (well, the parking lot next to it) on purpose to create an incident to blame on Israel? In this case, it was more a matter of a weapons malfunction that accidentally caused the rocket to veer off course.
txags92
AG
agent-maroon said:

Rossticus said:

Pardon me if I'm being thick, but could you explain what the specific concern is with the missing documentation and munition debris?
I think he is saying that the Palestinians cleaned up all the debris from their rocket so you couldn't tell it was friendly fire. Normally you would find pieces of the munition, but somebody went around and cleaned it all up to get rid of them
Catag94
AG
That's what I take from it too.

Has anyone ever validated the number of casualties from this incident? I find it hard to believe 50 were killed from the morning video that was posted, let alone 500 plus or minus.
No Spin Ag
Faustus said:

No Spin Ag said:

I haven't followed this thread in a while, but does anyone know if the women in the IDF will be on the front lines when Israel goes into Gaza?

I ask because I know they're required to serve like the men, and they can always be seen in social media clips wearing their uniforms, without or without a weapon.
Wiki had cites on point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_Israel_Defense_Forces

Quote:

Clause 16A of the Israeli Defense Service Law requires that all conscripted female combat soldiers serve active-duty for 2 years and 4 months, and in reserve until the age of 38. Each year, 1,500 female soldiers are drafted into the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). Women were employed in full combat roles during the 19471949 Palestine War; incidents involving the abuse of female soldiers' corpses by Arab troops led to the Israeli cabinet's decision to withdraw women from frontline combat until 2000, when the Caracal Battalion was raised.

In 2014, the IDF appointed Oshrat Bacher as the first female commander of a combat battalion.

The most notable combat option for women is the light-infantry Caracal Battalion, in which women comprise 70 percent of the troop strength. There are two other mixed-sex infantry battalions: the Lions of Jordan Battalion and the Bardelas Battalion.[citation needed] The Oketz, an IDF canine unit, also drafts women as combat soldiers. Women are also allowed to join the Combat Intelligence Collection Corps, and to serve as search-and-rescue personnel in the IDF's Home Front Command. Women are allowed to serve as tank crews in the Border Defense Array, composed of units that guard the borders of Israel with Egypt and Jordan.

Despite being officially classified as combat soldiers, women in combat roles are not explicitly deployed into combat situations. They are expected to respond in the event a combat situation does erupt, but are not deployed to areas where there is a high risk of combat. The three mixed-sex infantry battalions and female-crewed tanks are deployed to border patrol duties and security duties in the Jordan Valley, and female soldiers are barred from joining the frontline combat brigades that are deployed in the event of war.

Thanks.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
nortex97
AG

Raiderjay
IDF has been pounding northern Gaza pretty heavy for past several hours
Anubus
45-70Ag said:

I wonder if they sent any submarines.
aezmvp
They have a decent number of nuclear boats that would be out there. My guess is they will generally have 2-3 out in the Indian Ocean including a boomer on deterrence patrol and a couple of HKs.
Faustus
NM
TH36
What could possibly go wrong with the US, China, and Russia (Syria) all operating in the same general area with a bunch of pissed off Muslims and Jews mixed in…
JB99
AG
Is Hezbollah supported by the Lebanese government?
aggiehawg
AG
JB99 said:

Yes and no. Complicated.
zephyr88
AG
JB99 said:

Not sure if you meant this as a rhetorical, but yes and they have been since the mid-90's.
sam callahan
I've been out of pocket a couple of days - there isn't anyone still honestly questioning that the "hospital attack" wasn't done by Hamas is there?

lying terrorist supporters don't count
JB99
AG
zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

Not sure if you meant this as a rhetorical, but yes and they have been since the mid-90's.

I guess what I'm asking is if Israel declares war on Hezbollah does that imply they are at war with Lebanon? Is Hezbollah a military wing of Lebanon? I've heard they are more alligned with Iran but I don't claim to really understand it. I mean if Lebanon allows them to station themselves in their country I would think that would make them complicit in whatever they do.
YouBet
AG
JB99 said:

zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

I guess what I'm asking is if Israel declares war on Hezbollah does that imply they are at war with Lebanon? Is Hezbollah a military wing of Lebanon? I've heard they are more alligned with Iran but I don't claim to really understand it. I mean if Lebanon allows them to station themselves in their country I would think that would make them complicit in whatever they do.

They don't really have an option unless they want to have a civil war with one side backed by Iran. And then watch their entire country be annihilated.
txags92
AG
JB99 said:

zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

Hezbollah is a militia that is a proxy for Iran. They are part of the Lebanese government in that they have about 1/3 of the seats in their parliament and formed a coalition with a Christian party to govern the country. They are more powerful than the Lebanese army and operate outside of the control of the Lebanese government. They will do what Iran tells them and nobody in Lebanon is powerful enough to tell them not to.
zephyr88
AG
JB99 said:

zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

Aggiehawg said it very eloquently... Yes/No/Complicated.

Hezbollah aka the Party of God (Allah) is a unifier of radical Islam.

Israel is like the nice house in the middle of the hood.

At the end of the day, if Hazbollah, while residing in Lebanon (complacent landlord) while being funded by Iran (daddy), decides to kick this up a notch, it will be their muslim brothers who join arms against Israel. Israel, in turn, will be supported by the Christian nations of Europe and the West. With Russia and China on the sidelines, this is a bit of a tinderbox at the moment.
JB99
AG
zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

At the end of the day, if Hazbollah, while residing in Lebanon (complacent landlord) while being funded by Iran (daddy), decides to kick this up a notch, it will be their muslim brothers who join arms against Israel. Israel, in turn, will be supported by the Christian nations of Europe and the West. With Russia and China on the sidelines, this is a bit of a tinderbox at the moment.

Thanks for explaining. Sounds like Lebanon has no say in the matter.
zephyr88
AG
JB99 said:

zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

Thanks for explaining. Sounds like Lebanon has no say in the matter.
Lebanon is no friend of Israel, Lebanon is no friend of America...and sure as hell, Iran is in the same boat.
BQ_90
AG
Hazbollah and Hamas are all funded by other muslin counties mostly Iran, but Qatar and others, so they don't have to directly fight Israel
FCBlitz
BQ_90 said:

Hazbollah and Hamas are all funded by other muslin counties mostly Iran, but Qatar and others, so they don't have to directly fight Israel
in addition to H&H there are prob another 10 factions. There is always a bunch more groups.
BQ_90
AG
FCBlitz said:

BQ_90 said:

in addition to H&H there are prob another 10 factions. There is always a bunch more groups.

Cause Jordan and Egypt doesn't really want one unified group cause they could easily go after them
TommyBrady
AG
Part of the delay for ground invasion is that U.S. is moving troops and assets to beef up capabilities in Middle East. Syrian and Iraqi bases are getting prepared for more attacks and we are moving more unmanned assets into the region as well.
nortex97
AG
Have you seen anything to indicate as much?

A lot of propaganda though…

UAS Ag
JB99 said:

zephyr88 said:

JB99 said:

We did use that reasoning to go into Afghanistan to get AQ. So, perhaps Israel will use the same reasoning. Although the Afghan "government" was more nebulous than Lebanon's is...
aezmvp
Oh hey a bomb took out a building. What do these people think? I guess they all think it's Fortnite or something. Ridiculous. Hamas invaded, committed atrocities against civilians and attacked bases. Well guess what? The reverse kind of sucks. Too freaking bad.
ttu_85
aezmvp said:

Oh hey a bomb took out a building. What do these people think? I guess they all think it's Fortnite or something. Ridiculous. Hamas invaded, committed atrocities against civilians and attacked bases. Well guess what? The reverse kind of sucks. Too freaking bad.
Yep. You live by the sword ...And you can damn well die by it. F* Hamas
Ag87H2O
AG
nortex97 said:

Sadly, this is the way. Israel cannot let the world forget, or worse, deny what happened on October 7th.

Hamas has to be ended as a viable terrorist threat.
Who?mikejones!

Looks like Israel is being proactive with hezbollah
Catag94
AG
Ag87H2O said:

nortex97 said:

Sadly, this is the way. Israel cannot let the world forget, or worse, deny what happened on October 7th.

This should be interesting. I wonder how many will view and report on what they see.
GasPasser97
AG
Probably poorly attended, because it will harm the narrative.
txags92
AG
Catag94 said:

Ag87H2O said:

nortex97 said:

This should be interesting. I wonder how many will view and report on what they see.
They will go and watch, then wait to see what Hamas' response is and they will run with that and ignore what they saw with their own eyes.
First Page Last Page
Page 175 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.