Israel/Hamas going at it

1,670,948 Views | 9829 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by aggiehawg
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't think IDF goes in Gaza as well. At least not full scale. They don't want a war as much as Hamas and Iran do. They will bomb certain targets until they declare that Hamas as essentially been destroyed and unable to operate.
Teslag
AG
The IDF knows they won't get Hamas with air strikes. They'll go in.
Ferg
When done they need to move everyone out of the southern half mile or so of Gaza and occupy it so they can detect any future tunnels into Egypt.
Rossticus
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

. . . said:

Quote:

"I'm not suggesting that Hamas deliberately did it," the president said at Ramstein Air Base in Germany en route back to Washington after visiting Israel earlier in the day.

"It's that old thing: Gotta learn how to shoot straight," Biden went on.

"It's not the first time that Hamas has launched something that didn't function very well."

No way he said that. Gotta be some AI deepfake.

I hate Biden as much as anyone but that's pretty funny. I'm sure he didn't intend for it to be funny, but still.
Johnny Park!
IDF must go in. They have no choice.

They cannot negotiate with Hamas. Therefore the invasion is inevitable.

From there it's the ayatollahs move.
aggiehawg
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I don't think IDF goes in Gaza as well. At least not full scale. They don't want a war as much as Hamas and Iran do. They will bomb certain targets until they declare that Hamas as essentially been destroyed and unable to operate.
Not so sure about that.

This was not the usual lobbing some rockets type of attack. Hamas murdered over 1300 Israeli civilians including small children and and a few actual soldiers. In an undeclared war, which Hamas cannot do because they are not a state actor.

We invaded Afghanistan, a country, because they would not hand over Bin Laden after 9/11.

Gaza is too controlled by Hamas and will not turn over their terrorists either. Is there even a choice there?

I fervenlty wished the people in Gaza had chosen a differnt path but they did not.
Robert L. Peters
BQ78 said:

They can't afford to half ass this event, they will be going in and destroying Hamas as an effective organization for decades and if they ever do come back , it won't be in Gaza. Anything less and Israel jeopardizes their future existence, at worst or keeps suffering attacks for a hundred years, at best.

Yep. This will be bad. Israel has no other choice. If they don't, kiss it good bye.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
CDUB98
AG
I think the IDF has to go in, and hard. This one finally broke the last thread of Israel's patience.

Opinion, of course, but I simply cannot see them backing off. I believe they are being very methodically in their plan and knew from day 1 that the PR tide would turn quickly.

We will all know in a few days which way this one looks to be headed.
Bunk Moreland
The fact that they haven't gone in already tells me they're being hamstrung (by the US).

And that's a shame. I don't wish devastation on the Palestinian people who have no role in this, but Israel must respond and Hamas must be rooted out. Right now I get the sense that we're in a situation where Israel is being courted by multiple bidders on how expensive a price it would be for them NOT to go in, and they're listening.

If they really meant it they would have started moving by now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

The IDF and Israel is quickly reaching a point at which they have to do one of two things: demobilize the troops and send reservists back to their civilian jobs, or go in to Gaza and solve the problem. Make no mistake, calling up 300,000 reservists on orders is going to have economic repercussions for Israel. Politically, I can't see how they don't go in and deal with Hamas in the the only language that Hamas knows how to communicate, violence. Not dealing with Hamas after 10/7/2023 would be political death given how the country has reacted to some of the changes happening in their government.

Israel has little choice other than to go in, imo.
rathAG05
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

The fact that they haven't gone in already tells me they're being hamstrung (by the US).

And that's a shame. I don't wish devastation on the Palestinian people who have no role in this, but Israel must respond and Hamas must be rooted out. Right now I get the sense that we're in a situation where Israel is being courted by multiple bidders on how expensive a price it would be for them NOT to go in, and they're listening.

That is a pretty foolish theory. I feel equally as confident that the opposite of what you said is actually happening.
2wealfth Man
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

maybe they don't do things on your timetable
Bunk Moreland
I pray you guys are right but imo it feels like diplomatic situations are stepping in to limit or deter an invasion of Gaza.
TheBonifaceOption
jabberwalkie09 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

The IDF and Israel is quickly reaching a point at which they have to do one of two things: demobilize the troops and send reservists back to their civilian jobs, or go in to Gaza and solve the problem. Make no mistake, calling up 300,000 reservists on orders is going to have economic repercussions for Israel. Politically, I can't see how they don't go in and deal with Hamas in the the only language that Hamas knows how to communicate, violence. Not dealing with Hamas after 10/7/2023 would be political death given how the country has reacted to some of the changes happening in their government.

They probably will, but its not gonna be pretty. Troops are very green. Gaza has had decades to prepare. The weather has been favoring Gaza. All those intangibles that slant battles have been working against Israel.
aggiehawg
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I pray you guys are right but imo it feels like diplomatic situations are stepping in to limit or deter an invasion of Gaza.
Two strike carrier groups in the region, say different.
Cliff.Booth
I've also been surprised they haven't gone in yet, but I think it is a reminder of their professionalism. It would have been very easy given what Hamas did to roll in quickly just to lay down some hate, but I am guessing their brass and intelligence people knew this type of campaign on the scale it will have to be will need study and preparation and can't be done haphazardly. I believe it starts pretty soon and the systematic nature of the work helps make sense of this two week build up.
Slackjaw62
BQ78 said:

They can't afford to half ass this event, they will be going in and destroying Hamas as an effective organization for decades and if they ever do come back , it won't be in Gaza. Anything less and Israel jeopardizes their future existence, at worst or keeps suffering attacks for a hundred years, at best.
To the extent that Hamas is (or was) an effective organization, I doubt that there is much in Gaza to destroy that would affect that meaningfully. The people who bankrolled the recent invasion are in Tehran, and the leaders of Hamas are in Qatar. I don't see a military solution for the problem, barring a far more widespread regional war.

Sure, Israel can invade Gaza, destroy weapons caches and blow up all the Hamas tunnels they can find, but they won't eliminate the future supply of terrorists.
The Artist Formerly Known as Yokel
Johnny Park!
There is no diplomatic solution this time.

Israel must eradicate an existential threat.

If Iran or proxies jump in, then so do we.

It might have to be go-time - nuclear Iran in the near changes the calculus considerably. This topic is my guess why Biden really traveled to Tel Aviv.
GE
AG
Slackjaw62 said:

BQ78 said:

To the extent that Hamas is (or was) an effective organization, I doubt that there is much in Gaza to destroy that would affect that meaningfully. The people who bankrolled the recent invasion are in Tehran, and the leaders of Hamas are in Qatar. I don't see a military solution for the problem, barring a far more widespread regional war.

Sure, Israel can invade Gaza, destroy weapons caches and blow up all the Hamas tunnels they can find, but they won't eliminate the future supply of terrorists.
They will change the governance of Gaza.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Refuge.

Either with us or against us. They have made their choices.
JayHowdy!
Cliff.Booth said:

I've also been surprised they haven't gone in yet, but I think it is a reminder of their professionalism. It would have been very easy given what Hamas did to roll in quickly just to lay down some hate, but I am guessing their brass and intelligence people knew this type of campaign on the scale it will have to be will need study and preparation and can't be done haphazardly. I believe it starts pretty soon and the systematic nature of the work helps make sense of this two week build up.

By professionalism you mean diplomacy. They had to hit the brakes for Biden to make an appearance. I give Israel 24-48 Hrs to go in. The longer they wait, the more moral justification of the operation deteriorates. They must move now or the media takes over.
Cliff.Booth
No, I don't, I mean professionalism in tactical preparedness. I think they likely told Joe they weren't going in until at least [redacted]. I think you underestimate how pissed they are and how much resolve they possess right now to do what needs to be done, period. They knew of course the leftist media wouldn't do them any favors.
aTmAg
AG
Agreed. They have to completely destroy Hamas. Any half measures will ensure that the likes of Hezbollah will join all the way in. While the destruction of Hamas will make Iran proxies think twice about suiciding themselves doing Iran's bidding.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

They probably will, but it's not gonna be pretty. Troops are very green. Gaza has had decades to prepare. The weather has been favoring Gaza. All those intangibles that slant battles have been working against Israel.

Whoever thought this was going to be pretty or have a happy ending, either doesn't have realistic expectations or hasn't been paying attention to other recent conflicts from the last 20 or so years where urban warfare happened. The way this has been setup, it's a cordoned off area already and having people move south, gives me Second Battle of Falujah vibes. I'd guess rhat the reason they are trying to push people south is because the IDF is basically going to say "we've warned you, if you're between [here] and [here] we cannot guarantee your safety among declared combatants, Hamas."
Ag87H2O
AG
aggiehawg said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Not so sure about that.

This was not the usual lobbing some rockets type of attack. Hamas murdered over 1300 Israeli civilians including small children and and a few actual soldiers. In an undeclared war, which Hamas cannot do because they are not a state actor.

We invaded Afghanistan, a country, because they would not hand over Bin Laden after 9/11.

Gaza is too controlled by Hamas and will not turn over their terrorists either. Is there even a choice there?

I fervenlty wished the people in Gaza had chosen a differnt path but they did not.
Politically, Netanyahu doesn't have a choice. At some point he's going to have to answer for the intelligence failures. He can't afford for there to be another failure in the severity and success of the response. Nothing short of the complete destruction of Hamas will be acceptable.
RGLAG85
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

I'm convinced that all of these bleeding hearts that want humanitarian aid for Gaza don't give a crap that most of it will end up in Hammas' hands. All they care about is that it's "compassionate" and feels good.
Sadly, I think it's more nefarious than that.
Joes
RGLAG85 said:

I'm convinced that all of these bleeding hearts that want humanitarian aid for Gaza don't give a crap that most of it will end up in Hammas' hands. All they care about is that it's "compassionate" and feels good.

Yep. Me too.
deddog
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

More likely it's because you have to call up reservists
, prepare for war on multiple fronts, gather as much intelligence as you can, and every day you wait, is a day reservists can train.
Also Israel has gotta be unnerved that they were caught unawares. What else do they not know ? They had a lot of trouble with Hezbollah the last time there was a war.

This has very little to do with the US
buzzardb267
AG
According to Weather Channel, they have two weeks of good weather ahead. Little chance of rain and partly cloudy or sunny days. Could be soon....
"ROGER - OUT"
infinity ag
People from that part will always fight. Always have, always will. I just hope they don't spread their ways everywhere else.

It's best if they are cordoned off in the ME and don't go anywhere else.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Slackjaw62 said:

BQ78 said:

Yeah but this time is different
dmart90
AG
At Heathrow and BBC news is on. They are slowly walking back their belief that Israel hit the hospital. Their analysis of the video evidence aligns with a misfired rocket. Expert weapons analysis, while not conclusive, states the crater and damage do not match Israeli weapons. But they won't state it unequivocally, they say an independent investigation is required to make that call.
bthotugigem05
AG
Hamas are not idiots. They will ditch their weapons, blend in with the rest of the refugees in the south of Gaza, and Israel will invade mostly empty settlements, with some true believers lying in wait, forcing them to go building by building like Iraqis in Fallujah.

Going into Gaza is an ugly business, no matter what.
12th Man Stan Account
AG

Quote:

The IDF say they destroyed terror infrastructure in the Gaza Strip and killed terror operatives, including senior members of different terror organizations, including the head of the military branch of the "Popular Resistance Committees" in Rafah

During the fighting, numerous Hamas terror operatives belonging to the "Nukbha" forces, who led the barbaric invasion of the communities surrounding the Gaza Strip, were targeted. More than ten terrorists were targeted in a precision aerial strike.

IDF fighter jets, based on ISA intelligence, struck the head of the military branch of the "Popular Resistance Committees" terror organization in Rafah, Rafat Harb Hussein Abu Hilal.
Old Sarge
AG
Joes said:

RGLAG85 said:

Yep. Me too.

If the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) is involved in the "humanitarian effort", rest assured that Hamas is getting help in their genocidal fight.
"Green" is the new RED.
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.