Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,271 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
Swollen Thumb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
heavily intoxtricated said:

If Israel was serious, they would have already started obliterating things. It's very clear that Israel is scared of other players stepping in and will not do much in retaliation. I hope I'm wrong. I hope they do. But if something like that was coming, it would have already come heavy and without warning.

They have been obliterating things. A lot of things. Pay attention.
Nitro Power
AG
I think what they are doing is taking out primary targets of known terrorist locations via bombs / middles. Once that is done I think they will go in with boots on the ground and kill every remaining terrorist that didn't get killed in the air strikes.

Plus my understanding is communications are out in Gaza, so the reality of what is going on at ground zero might not be known for a while.
ShotOver
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

heavily intoxtricated said:

If Israel was serious, they would have already started obliterating things. It's very clear that Israel is scared of other players stepping in and will not do much in retaliation. I hope I'm wrong. I hope they do. But if something like that was coming, it would have already come heavy and without warning.

They have been obliterating things. A lot of things. Pay attention.

Good.
45-70Ag
AG
45-70Ag
AG
45-70Ag
AG
will25u
45-70Ag said:

If they are using smoke, then likely the ground game is about to or has already started.
will25u
TxSquarebody
45-70Ag said:

The way it's scattered, more likely a munitions supply containing phosphorus was hit. Either way, if I'm Israel, I don't give a crap about a rule book. Fight to win.
Who?mikejones!
nortex97 said:

It was one general suggesting they do so, not an official request or anything, I believe.

Besides, the Egyptians have no interest in letting a mass of them in. Even the arab muslim countries know these are a population of human detritus, dependent on UN/American $$$ welfare for their subsistence, and incapable of contributing to society.

The Gaza Strip baby boom over the past 70 years is due to…UN subsidies for kids there, and they have nothing to do but procure/produce more.

Hamas has only run it into the ground over the past 15 years by every conceivable metric, since the Israeli's abandoned it to them. It's gone from 190K in 1948 to over 5 million today.

No, it was specific. It was blasted out via radio, text, phone calls and Hamas instructions were that the message should be ignored

ABATTBQ11
AG
will25u said:

Gonna turn gaza into a concentration camp
45-70Ag
AG
45-70Ag
AG
In terms of percentage of population, Israel losing a thousand or more citizens to the events on Saturday is the equivalent of us losing 40,000 on 9/11.
MouthBQ98
AG
Idiotic propaganda. Those are IR flares dropped by low flying aircraft to decoy potential MANPADS. They just haven't burned out yet due to the low altitude.

WP looks nothing like that.
flashplayer
AG
45-70Ag said:

In terms of percentage of population, Israel losing a thousand or more citizens to the events on Saturday is the equivalent of us losing 40,000 on 9/11.

Yep. Over 10x as deadly to them as 9/11 and people are hand wringing that they've already taken it too far. I won't shed a tear if there's not a single living Muslim in Gaza when they're done.
Who?mikejones!
ABATTBQ11
AG
flashplayer said:

45-70Ag said:

Yep. Over 10x as deadly to them as 9/11 and people are hand wringing that they've already taken it too far. I won't shed a tear if there's not a single living Muslim in Gaza when they're done.

I used to think there were good palestinians and have some regret when bystanders or civilians got killed in Israeli reprisals, but after this I wouldn't care if Israel gassed them.
fka ftc
TAMUallen said:

flashplayer said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The problem is that many are launched in the middle of densely packed residential neighborhoods, so not always easy to hit back.
I don't think the Israelis will give a rat's patootie about that now.

Here is another issue I have. Between Gaza, Hexbollah attacking from Lebanon and the Syrian border, in an attempt to overwhelm the Iron Dome and other similar systems, at some point the Israelis will be running low with armaments for those systems. At that point what happens? Does Israeli command take a big gulp and say, "F*** it all," and launch a nuke?

I honestly don't understand why they don't go ahead and drop a nuke on Gaza just to deter further f***ery from the other actors and Iran. That would stop this crap in a heartbeat. Nukes aren't much of a deterrent if no one believes you're going to use them.

Because even though justified, they'd become the villain of the world. It'd serve to generate more hatred from Muslims worldwide and have nation states likely shifting to endorse or become fundamentalists eager to crusade against Israel
Wait, I have been told repeatedly that the Quran and Muslim Imams preach death to Israel all day everyday so how could it get any worse if a nuke or similar WMD was used?
will25u
fka ftc
Agthatbuilds said:

Sandbags like dollars is fungible.
nortex97
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

nortex97 said:

It was one general suggesting they do so, not an official request or anything, I believe.

Besides, the Egyptians have no interest in letting a mass of them in. Even the arab muslim countries know these are a population of human detritus, dependent on UN/American $$$ welfare for their subsistence, and incapable of contributing to society.

The Gaza Strip baby boom over the past 70 years is due to…UN subsidies for kids there, and they have nothing to do but procure/produce more.

Hamas has only run it into the ground over the past 15 years by every conceivable metric, since the Israeli's abandoned it to them. It's gone from 190K in 1948 to over 5 million today.

No, it was specific. It was blasted out via radio, text, phone calls and Hamas instructions were that the message should be ignored

Ok but that wasn't to get them to leave the strip entirely, just the building(s) the IDF was about to take down, which Hamas had used. The claim had been that the IDF requested the population to leave to go to Egypt which I think is false but is based on this general's tweet etc:

That the IDF is trying, even now, to avoid civilian deaths is remarkable.
japantiger
S
BQRyno said:

I'm teaching Exodus at church right now, and we are two chapters away from this. Had no idea you were a world class hunter AND Old Testament scholar!

History repeats itself... and not in a good way, especially when you ignore God.
BULL
AG
What's REALLY something to think about......is how many terrorist organizations have come across our open borders for at least a year. Guarantee you they have a stupid amount of people in the general population now.
45-70Ag
AG

If there's ever been a group who deserves to be told to shut the hell up, the chicoms are that group.
fka ftc
Unfortunately, with Biden and the Dems in office the world respects and listens to China more now than at any other time in recent history.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BULL said:

What's REALLY something to think about......is how many terrorist organizations have come across our open borders for at least a year. Guarantee you they have a stupid amount of people in the general population now.

One of my greatest fears is something exactly like this happening here. It wouldn't be hard to overload and stretch local PD in big cities, much less small towns. Most people aren't armed when out and about, either
JobSecurity
AG

Bag
AG
45-70Ag said:

well, it was only a matter of time before the ruskies retaliated against the fins for nordstream, the real popcorn moment is if/when they decide to blow up **** in the gom
ABATTBQ11
AG
will25u said:

Anything that happens in gaza is fair game. White phosphorus, chlorine, sarin, nukes... don't care anymore.
will25u

45-70Ag
AG
will25u said:

This is rape of Nanking type of stuff. When Israel is done, Hamas and Palestinians need to exist only in hell.
Joes
Wrec86 Ag said:

I don't think leveling the Gaza Strip to rubble and killing all men, women and children is the right answer.

Is it the emotional response? Sure, but I will never support that kind of indiscriminate killing of innocent lives.

Before anyone asks - I have no idea how to solve the problem - it's far too complicated for me to figure out. But if Israel just decides to wipe out an entire region of all civilians, that won't solve any problems in the long term. Do you think the rest of the Arab world is just going to sit by?

Christians/Jews vs Muslims/Communism would make for a really nasty World War.
I'm amazed that so many (not you, but others here) are flat out expecting exactly that to be the case. That Israeli tanks and troops are going to just go in and kill every man, woman, and child they see until no one is left alive. That's just silly.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Not to derail, but I have two questions.

1. What is the "iron dome"? Can someone explain this to me like I'm a five year old?

2. Is Jerusalem relatively untouched by the attacks?
CheeseSndwch
YouBet said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

YouBet said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

YouBet said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

This is their Pearl Harbor. We dropped two atomic bombs on population centers.

I don't think they are thinking months/years. They are thinking never again.

Sure, I'm just saying I don't have quite as much respect for the stability of Hamas as some seem to. Their own citizens will throw them out if their lives get too miserable. And they certainly have no ability to meaningfully resist the Israeli military, which would win a direct conflict with literally any other nation in the Middle East strictly on the basis of air superiority alone.
Maybe living in the stone age after Israel bombs them back to it will finally be that trigger. We can hope.

Honestly they could just shut off the supply of power and water they provide for a few weeks and that will probably do the trick.

Most people don't realize that virtually all electricity and something like 80% of Palestine's water is controlled directly by and at the mercy of Israel. They could literally flip a switch today and send them back to a Stone Age society without doing anything else.
They've already done that. But I'm not sure how you just do that while your enemy is still attacking you and has proclaimed they are going to escalate.

I'm obviously not claiming they just do that, I'm saying that by doing that they've already set the wheels in motion. Apart from anything else, limited access to resources quickly takes the resolve of an uncommitted populace when they know a better alternative is available to them. And a large percentage of their society only loosely supports Hamas at most. Many downright hate them.
If there is a population that can power on without resources, it's the muslims. No one does it better.

And how do we know genpop doesn't like Hamas? And does it matter if they don't? They still all want Israel destroyed and wiped from the map regardless of which political faction is in charge - PLO, Hamas...irrelevant.

Electricity cut, water cut, any remaining infrastructure is a legitimate military target, and presumably outside humanitarian aid will not be permitted any time soon.

It's a modern day siege and I'm curious to see how long it takes until we see the first cholera outbreak in Gaza.
RK
AG
israel is going through their deck of cards a lot more quickly than we did, thus far.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.