Israel/Hamas going at it

1,660,656 Views | 9798 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Trigon Jin
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

YouBet said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

YouBet said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

This is their Pearl Harbor. We dropped two atomic bombs on population centers.

I don't think they are thinking months/years. They are thinking never again.

Sure, I'm just saying I don't have quite as much respect for the stability of Hamas as some seem to. Their own citizens will throw them out if their lives get too miserable. And they certainly have no ability to meaningfully resist the Israeli military, which would win a direct conflict with literally any other nation in the Middle East strictly on the basis of air superiority alone.
Maybe living in the stone age after Israel bombs them back to it will finally be that trigger. We can hope.

Honestly they could just shut off the supply of power and water they provide for a few weeks and that will probably do the trick.

Most people don't realize that virtually all electricity and something like 80% of Palestine's water is controlled directly by and at the mercy of Israel. They could literally flip a switch today and send them back to a Stone Age society without doing anything else.
They've already done that. But I'm not sure how you just do that while your enemy is still attacking you and has proclaimed they are going to escalate.

I'm obviously not claiming they just do that, I'm saying that by doing that they've already set the wheels in motion. Apart from anything else, limited access to resources quickly takes the resolve of an uncommitted populace when they know a better alternative is available to them. And a large percentage of their society only loosely supports Hamas at most. Many downright hate them.
If there is a population that can power on without resources, it's the muslims. No one does it better.

And how do we know genpop doesn't like Hamas? And does it matter if they don't? They still all want Israel destroyed and wiped from the map regardless of which political faction is in charge - PLO, Hamas...irrelevant.
4the_Record
Quote:

Because hamas was trying to screw around the Egyptian's so they wisely closed the border. You may be able to see a pattern forming with regard to hamas and their neighbor's reactions. Actions have consequences

Gotcha. My point is that Isreal doesn't control a significant area that could be used for egress. Or for ingress for that matter. All our friends from the DSA could easily fly over to Egypt and move through the Rafah crossing and directly support the Palatianians. This narrative that Palatianians have no choices, no support and no where to go solely because of the Israelis has always been problematic to me.
SHELTON@TAYLOR
The idea that there are people, likely from Texas, who have a connection to Texas A&M or they wouldnt be on this website, who can try and validate peace for this situation, or a cease fire, or any sympathy whatsoever for whats about to happen is the most disturbing thing I can read today, aside from what Hamas is actually doing. They wont get away with it this time, and I will watch and enjoy knowing that generations of humans will be devoid of these monsters
TAMUallen
AG
SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fullback44 said:

You could have this right … Hamas got in a street brawl with someone much bigger than them.. not sure anyone besides Iran wants to be connected to what just went down

This was strictly strategically ****ing stupid and driven purely by their hatred for Israel. This was isis level monstrosity, and the civilized world isn't going to care what happens from here. When you murder 1000 people and celebrate in the street while murdering even more hostages and broadcasting it to the world, most of the world is going to be ok with you being put down like an animal.
You drastically underestimate woke society and social media propoganda

I believe you overestimate it. Give us a World War and everything built on feelings and acceptance gets thrown out the window for the reality of the world being ruled by masculine strength of killing actual enemies to see who is best
BBRex
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

Quote:

we got that stability from winning total war

The stability came from America patrolling the global oceans to allow free and safe trade in exchange for international support against the Soviet Union. That's the story of the last 80 years. Our Navy made the world rich and more rich people means fewer people wanting to fight. That's asymmetric warfare of the 4D chess variety.

Quote:

To your second point, war isn't about kill ratios and slaughter, so those numbers don't matter. The question is did you achieve the goal that you set out to accomplish, whether it is national survival or some other geopolitical goal. If the answer is "no," how many you killed or how lopsided the kill ratio was doesn't matter.

There was no goal in Vietnam apart from "communism bad". America literally never adopted a formal end goal at any level of the government or military. We killed them and antagonized the Russians until Americans got too tired of it for it to be politically feasible to continue doing so.

That Navy was built to completely crush the Germans and Japanese. Which it did. After the war, the U.S. was really the only superpower that didn't have to rebuild. We had the luxury of using our resources to promote trade because of it. If you want to attribute that peace to global prosperity, sure. But you're ignoring the fact that we had to completely dominate Germany and Japan to get there.

And, yes, we had a goal in Vietnam: to keep a Western, non-Communist government in power. We backed a completely corrupt government that locals didn't support, and not even a staggering kill ratio in our favor could keep that government in power.
Touchscreen
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

This was strictly strategically ****ing stupid and driven purely by their hatred for Israel. This was isis level monstrosity, and the civilized world isn't going to care what happens from here. When you murder 1000 people and celebrate in the street while murdering even more hostages and broadcasting it to the world, most of the world is going to be ok with you being put down like an animal.
I hope you're right, but I'm not sure it's going to go down that way. From some of the coverage I saw today it looked like the news media is shifting focus from the slaughter of Israelis outside the Gaza Strip (that's now old news) to their tried and true "OMG! Look what the bad Israelis are doing to those poor Palestinian civilians!"
Infection_Ag11
AG
mike0305 said:

I'm more conflicted about supporting Israel than I am of Ukraine actually, surprising since I don't feel any ill towards Jewish and the ones I know are fantastic.

Bibi is a real **** & is trying his best to become a dictator. They don't treat christians well there. The oppression of Palestinians turns the stomach, even in the west bank where leadership has pushed for peace. Maybe this is inevitable given their situation, hard to judge.

I still support them cleaning house there, and Hamas needs to be wiped off the earth for what they did.

Still, zero chance of peace, it's depressing.

The mistreatment of Christian//westerners is largely isolated to the ultra orthodox community which is a small percentage of Israeli Jews. It's only about 10% of the Jewish population (and they treat other Jews badly as well for the record). American perception of Israel is very often of this hyper Jewish society when in reality the vast majority of Israeli Jews are somewhere between moderately and non-religious.

Bibi is trying to change a system that prevents anything from being done because their court ma have too much power. Imagine a world where the US Supreme Court could step in, regardless of whether a case had formally reached them, and declare any law or legislation invalid on the basis of a whim. That's how it's done in Israel.

Jews in Israel are the single largest employer of Palestinians anywhere inside or outside of Israel/Palestine and over a third of the population works in Israel every single day, so I think their oppression is a bit overblown. And again, Israel provides free electricity and water to Palestine.

Israel has their issues, and frankly I don't like how dishonest they are with us at times. They owe America for their continued existence and as repayment they spy on us, steal state secrets and egg on powers in the region to our detriment at times. But they are still far better than anything else from what is otherwise a miserable, tyrannical and barbaric part of the world.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SHELTON@TAYLOR
TAMUallen said:

SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fullback44 said:

You could have this right … Hamas got in a street brawl with someone much bigger than them.. not sure anyone besides Iran wants to be connected to what just went down

I believe you overestimate it. Give us a World War and everything built on feelings and acceptance gets thrown out the window for the reality of the world being ruled by masculine strength of killing actual enemies to see who is best
Youre mistaken. Your comments and your attitude date you. Thats not an insult, merely a reflection that you don't understand todays society and what drives it. Wait until the moguls of entertainment and media get involved and watch how fast Israel becomes the demon and not the darling. The good thing about Israel, is they dont give a ****
BBRex
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

mike0305 said:

I'm more conflicted about supporting Israel than I am of Ukraine actually, surprising since I don't feel any ill towards Jewish and the ones I know are fantastic.

Bibi is a real **** & is trying his best to become a dictator. They don't treat christians well there. The oppression of Palestinians turns the stomach, even in the west bank where leadership has pushed for peace. Maybe this is inevitable given their situation, hard to judge.

I still support them cleaning house there, and Hamas needs to be wiped off the earth for what they did.

Still, zero chance of peace, it's depressing.

The mistreatment of Christian//westerners is largely isolated to the ultra orthodox community which is a small percentage of Israeli Jews. It's only about 10% of the Jewish population (and they treat other Jews badly as well for the record). American perception of Israel is very often of this hyper Jewish society when in reality the vast majority of Israeli Jews are somewhere between moderately and non-religious.

Bibi is trying to change a system that prevents anything from being done because their court ma have too much power. Imagine a world where the US Supreme Court could step in, regardless of whether a case had formally reached them, and declare any law or legislation invalid on the basis of a whim. That's how it's done in Israel.

Jews in Israel are the single largest employer of Palestinians anywhere inside or outside of Israel/Palestine and over a third of the population works in Israel every single day, so I think their oppression is a bit overblown. And again, Israel provides free electricity and water to Palestine.

Israel has their issues, and frankly I don't like how dishonest they are with us at times. They owe America for their continued existence and as repayment they spy on us, steal state secrets and egg on powers in the region to our detriment at times. But they are still far better than anything else from what is otherwise a miserable, tyrannical and barbaric part of the world.

I agree with you here. I gotta get some sleep. Great conversation, even if we don't always agree.
TAMUallen
AG
SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

TAMUallen said:

SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fullback44 said:

Youre mistaken. Your comments and your attitude date you. Thats not an insult, merely a reflection that you don't understand todays society and what drives it. Wait until the moguls of entertainment and media get involved and watch how fast Israel becomes the demon and not the darling. The good thing about Israel, is they dont give a ****

Agree to disagree (out of curiosity where do you date me?!) I think your view is myopic and short sighted. Plus, you're completely ignoring who is prominent in media and entertainment.
SHELTON@TAYLOR
TAMUallen
AG
I'm honored to be an old man by mid 30s. Carry along youngin
SHELTON@TAYLOR
TAMUallen
AG
SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

TAMUallen said:

SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

TAMUallen said:

SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fullback44 said:

Agree to disagree (out of curiosity where do you date me?!) I think your view is myopic and short sighted. Plus, you're completely ignoring who is prominent in media and entertainment.
This isnt our first interaction, and you think like an old man.....and myopic is literally a term meaning short sighted. overkill. Im wasting time with you, I think ill choose not to

While synonyms theres a thing called emphasis especially for those who might not understand
japantiger
S
Wrec86 Ag said:

I don't think leveling the Gaza Strip to rubble and killing all men, women and children is the right answer.

Is it the emotional response? Sure, but I will never support that kind of indiscriminate killing of innocent lives.

Before anyone asks - I have no idea how to solve the problem - it's far too complicated for me to figure out. But if Israel just decides to wipe out an entire region of all civilians, that won't solve any problems in the long term. Do you think the rest of the Arab world is just going to sit by?

Christians/Jews vs Muslims/Communism would make for a really nasty World War.

We haven't had any trouble from the Germans or Japanese since we bombed the ever living hell out of them and leveled all their cities...worked pretty well...

"war is hell"
WT Sherman

Old May Banker
AG
Correct.

God told Israel a number of times how to deal with this.... Saul didn't listen.
YellowPot_97
AG
SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

TAMUallen said:

SHELTON@TAYLOR said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

fullback44 said:

Didn't Kayne just get cancelled for pointing out that the moguls of entertainment and media are Jews? I don't think you're going to hear much from Hollywood anytime soon.
Psycho Bunny
Hollywood would be better off not saying a word and keeping their trap shut.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Touchscreen said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

I hope you're right, but I'm not sure it's going to go down that way. From some of the coverage I saw today it looked like the news media is shifting focus from the slaughter of Israelis outside the Gaza Strip (that's now old news) to their tried and true "OMG! Look what the bad Israelis are doing to those poor Palestinian civilians!"

News media doesn't really matter. What matters is what governments actually do, and that's going to be a lot of nothing. Israel is going to do whatever they want and the powers that be will turn a blind eye even as liberal media cries about palestinians.
nortex97
AG
Man, 300+ responses on this thread since I signed off yesterday evening.

Israel did work overnight:

Quote:

Day 4: "The army's job was to ensure that Hamas would not have any military capability by the end of the conflict."

Summary:
- 704 people were killed and 3,900 were injured in an attack in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, the Palestinian Health Ministry said.

- More than 900 people have died on the Israeli side since the beginning of the conflict with Palestine. The number of wounded exceeds 2,400.

- Palestinian media reported that Israeli troops invaded the West Bank city of Nablus overnight. Now there are fierce battles there.

- The Israel Defense Forces said it carried out more than 200 strikes overnight against Hamas and Islamic Jihad targets in the Gaza Strip.

- The United States is increasing the supply of air defense systems, ammunition and other military assistance to Israel. The White House and Congress are discussing combining military aid to Israel and Ukraine.

Leftist narrative engineers cry about Elon allowing Hamas videos to be seen such that people don't feel sympathy for the evil terrorists, and the propaganda industry loses power. Not to be outdone, some Democrats laughably credit the attack's murderous success on Israel on Donald Trump.

Dishonest horrible people deny culpability:

Hamas caucus should continue to be called out/removed from office and all committees asap:

fixer
Yukon Cornelius said:

Israel is in a kill or be killed scenario. The logic of what's about to take place may escape us while we sit in luxury, comfort, security and abundance.
But for those who have had their family members raped to death and then their dead bodies raped again, recorded and shared probably aren't having trouble making a logical leap to leveling Gaza.
This is correct.

The current operation against Hamas is way too light in my opinion.

I'd be ensuring that even bacteria felt pain.
TXAG 05
AG
fixer said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Israel is in a kill or be killed scenario. The logic of what's about to take place may escape us while we sit in luxury, comfort, security and abundance.
But for those who have had their family members raped to death and then their dead bodies raped again, recorded and shared probably aren't having trouble making a logical leap to leveling Gaza.
This is correct.

I think they are getting all the pieces in place before raining down the wrath of God upon Gaza.
Tx_Aggie15
AG
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Wrec86 Ag said:

Nitro Power said:

They hide in schools mosque and hospitals. The only way to eradicate them is strike them where they are hiding. Those people hate Israel, so they aren't exactly innocent.

I'm sorry, I just can't get behind the logic that ends with you wanting to bomb mosques and schools, intentionally killing innocent people. Even if the young kids "hate Israel"
While you wring your hands the Israelis will take matters into theirs.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Hawk2007
fixer said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

This is correct.

I don't think you're going to get a full sense of the operation sitting in America --- up to and including being in classified spaces.

Local news and national media cannot even get local and national stories correct. I don't expect them to get foreign affairs stories or current operations right either.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
GAC06 said:

Nitro Power said:

One provoked and one not

And again, they were given warning to leave

And again, leave to where?
I say, "Swim mfers!"
Who?mikejones!
GAC06 said:

Nitro Power said:

Their problem

I agree but let's call it like it is. Telling them to leave is bs

They literally gave them a map of the locations to go to. They didn't just say leave.
will25u
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Check out I24 news. Israeli news site.
Nitro Power
AG
At what point are other countries going to learn this is something they don't want to get involved in.
heavily intoxtricated
If Israel was serious, they would have already started obliterating things. It's very clear that Israel is scared of other players stepping in and will not do much in retaliation. I hope I'm wrong. I hope they do. But if something like that was coming, it would have already come heavy and without warning.
45-70Ag
AG
nortex97
AG
It was one general suggesting they do so, not an official request or anything, I believe.

Besides, the Egyptians have no interest in letting a mass of them in. Even the arab muslim countries know these are a population of human detritus, dependent on UN/American $$$ welfare for their subsistence, and incapable of contributing to society.

The Gaza Strip baby boom over the past 70 years is due to…UN subsidies for kids there, and they have nothing to do but procure/produce more.

Hamas has only run it into the ground over the past 15 years by every conceivable metric, since the Israeli's abandoned it to them. It's gone from 190K in 1948 to over 5 million today.

agent-maroon
AG
Nitro Power said:

At what point are other countries going to learn this is something they don't want to get involved in.
This shouldn't have been needed to be said.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 280

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.