Israel/Hamas going at it

1,665,514 Views | 9812 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by AlaskanAg99
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TH36 said:

I wonder if the F-35 will get its first work. If I'm not mistaken, Israel owns a few already? Ali Bubba's gunna get a precision drop right up the ass.

Doubtful, much. It might sled drop some guided bombs on them up high from across the border but stealth doesn't really do much here, it's not like Hamas has a sophisticated network of radars/S400's. The Gaza Strip is tiny, just also incredibly dense population-wise.

The interesting 'warfare' aspect would be (a) the massive overwhelming of the iron dome/david's sling (magic wand) air defense systems (in conjunction with drones/rockets from the Hezbollah folks up north who have already taken out two radar stations in preparation), and (b) the evolution of Hamas/Iranian drones/apps/control systems vs. the Israeli tanks/armor etc. Their tunnel networks etc. will have a lot more camera's etc. in them this time too for their folks to 'pop up' behind the Israeli's when they go in, and the latter won't be able to 'control the night' as well as they did last time. Just my two cents.
Ag with kids
AG
Zergling Rush said:

Nice that their braggadocio gives Israel intel to help with the AAR...
Anti-taxxer
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

will25u said:

Must be nice having a president who works on Saturdays.

And is in possession of his cognitive abilities.
Ghost Mech
This might be that patriot you are talking about.

Ghost Mech
1st I've seen of this. No indication when it happened. Give it a 24 hour rule.

Ghost Mech
Agvet12
AG
First glance is that's not Al Amin given the dome design, and the location / space around it
No Spin Ag
Anti-taxxer said:

The Porkchop Express said:

will25u said:

Must be nice having a president who works on Saturdays.

And is in possession of his cognitive abilities.

Well, he is a "young" geriatric after all.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Joes
CaptTex said:

That video of that woman really bothers me, I have never seen something like that, not even in movies. She is in complete shock and desperately hoping someone will save her. Markets are going to suck on Monday, tons of useless rhetoric from politicians and here we are in the US watching college football and eating more food than we need. The rest of the world looks like that video, and in the age of technology it doesnt take much to see it, not sure why people here think we have problems, cause we don't compared to these folks.
I'd feel safer walking through Gaza on most days than through Detroit or south Chicago or south Dallas.

I admit, I don't mean to single you out because I know your reaction is common, but the whole thing with video or pictures affecting people really bugs me. Things are just as real whether you see them or not, it drives me crazy that humans are so emotionally and visually driven that if they read an article that says a woman was assaulted and raped it's generally "Oh man, that's terrible.." but if you actually see video then it's "We've got to do something!!!!!"

About 165,000 people die every single day. Right now, this very minute, you're not seeing it, but someone is screaming for their life while being eaten alive by an alligator, and someone else is slowly drowning in a pool, and someone else is being slowly tortured to death by a serial killer in a basement that no one will ever find, and someone else just got stabbed to death by gang member, and someone else just died alone of a heart attack in their apartment. 165,000 times a day. You can't process it all or even a tiny portion of it.

The fact that humans react differently whether we actually see it or not tells me it's all ultimately about selfishness. All of that suffering and dying and misery is still going on whether, as you say, we're having a good time at a ball game or not, so I guess my point is we shouldn't act like it's only real when we have to see it. This very second there are 1000 things worse than that video happening to people that you'll never even know about, all just as real.

one safe place
JobSecurity said:

For those of us with only surface level knowledge of this whole thing, how would an Israeli war against 'gaza' work in reality? Is victory even achievable or will this turn into a situation like us trying to stabilize Afghanistan?
Probably play out like Ukraine: U.S. money to Ukraine, U.S. money to Israel. We have a guy who has no problem handing out money.
Ags4DaWin
one safe place said:

JobSecurity said:

For those of us with only surface level knowledge of this whole thing, how would an Israeli war against 'gaza' work in reality? Is victory even achievable or will this turn into a situation like us trying to stabilize Afghanistan?
Probably play out like Ukraine: U.S. money to Ukraine, U.S. money to Israel. We have a guy who has no problem handing out taxpayer money As long as 10% of it comes back to his bank account

FIFY
Waffledynamics
AG
If anyone wants an updater to check, LiveUAMap has an Israel-Palestine map as well. Looks like it's getting frequent updates.

https://israelpalestine.liveuamap.com/
FTAG 2000
AG
Zergling Rush said:

Feel like I saw this previously from a earthquake somewhere, maybe Turkey or India.
Waffledynamics
AG
JobSecurity said:

If you mean tactically/strategically, I would guess it would contrast with the Ukraine war because Israel would largely be targeting insurgents/terrorists hiding among the civilian populations. I don't know much about the Palestinians or Hamas, but I somehow doubt they have the level of mechanization that would make it a peer-peer conflict.
Sid Farkas
AG
one safe place said:

JobSecurity said:

Probably play out like Ukraine: U.S. money to Ukraine, U.S. money to Israel. We have a guy who has no problem handing out money.
Take out the terrorist leadership, kill the supply chain of war materials, and punish Iran for being the puppet master.
dmart90
AG
No way that's real. The walled city of Jerusalem is tiny. So much of value would be destroyed if that was attempted.
WestTexAg12
AG
Zergling Rush said:

Not even close to looking like the Al Amin mosque. The Al Amin has a blue dome and much more populated/constructed surrounding structures.
AG512
AG
Who made this guy board police?
Ag with kids
AG
will25u said:

Just ****ing perfect.

I wonder how much Biden will pay Hamas to release them?
TXAG 05
AG
dmart90 said:

No way that's real. The walled city of Jerusalem is tiny. So much of value would be destroyed if that was attempted.

If this is real, this mosque is in Gaza, not Jerusalem.
RangerRick9211
AG
Joes said:

CaptTex said:

That video of that woman really bothers me, I have never seen something like that, not even in movies. She is in complete shock and desperately hoping someone will save her. Markets are going to suck on Monday, tons of useless rhetoric from politicians and here we are in the US watching college football and eating more food than we need. The rest of the world looks like that video, and in the age of technology it doesnt take much to see it, not sure why people here think we have problems, cause we don't compared to these folks.
I'd feel safer walking through Gaza on most days than through Detroit or south Chicago or south Dallas.

I admit, I don't mean to single you out because I know your reaction is common, but the whole thing with video or pictures affecting people really bugs me. Things are just as real whether you see them or not, it drives me crazy that humans are so emotionally and visually driven that if they read an article that says a woman was assaulted and raped it's generally "Oh man, that's terrible.." but if you actually see video then it's "We've got to do something!!!!!"

About 165,000 people die every single day. Right now, this very minute, you're not seeing it, but someone is screaming for their life while being eaten alive by an alligator, and someone else is slowly drowning in a pool, and someone else is being slowly tortured to death by a serial killer in a basement that no one will ever find, and someone else just got stabbed to death by gang member, and someone else just died alone of a heart attack in their apartment. 165,000 times a day. You can't process it all or even a tiny portion of it.

The fact that humans react differently whether we actually see it or not tells me it's all ultimately about selfishness. All of that suffering and dying and misery is still going on whether, as you say, we're having a good time at a ball game or not, so I guess my point is we shouldn't act like it's only real when we have to see it. This very second there are 1000 things worse than that video happening to people that you'll never even know about, all just as real.

Yeah, ask any woman in the US if she'd feel safer in Gaza or Dallas. That's certainly a hot take.

By your argument I shouldn't get the feels watching the jumpers on 9/11 because I'm selfish? Ok.
halfastros81
AG
Direct result of the current pos administration run by Obama imo. Cause and effect are clear. They do exactly the worst thing possible with regard to every policy they enact. They feed off instability. How rank and file Americans can't see this is beyond me.

I wouldn't blame Israel for going scorched earth on Hamas nor even Iran honestly but hopefully they do so quietly and selectively by measured assassinations and surgical strikes rather than some sort of massive response that kills a bunch of innocents . Unfortunately tho Hamas uses innocents as shields counting on the Israelis to not go scorched earth so in that event I guess you just have to do what you have to do.

I wonder if Iran's leadership is vulnerable . Are they in bunkers or are they so clueless that they sit around in their palace and drink tea. Take them out and Iran would be ripe for change I feel. Maybe I'm the one that's clueless , I dunno.

I also have to wonder how long before the funding provided by our administration results in more terror on American soil
Cyprian
AG
Ag with kids said:

will25u said:

Just ****ing perfect.

I wonder how much Biden will pay Hamas to release them?

Depends on how much Obama tells him to....
AG512
AG
sts7049 said:

so naive. Lol
87IE
AG
YouBet said:

Perfect opportunity to round up people and deport them. I would put them on a plane, strap a parachute to their back, and push them out over the ME somewhere.
Parachutes are expensive... why waste them
Ghost Mech
It's a self organizing collective. Jump on in.
nortex97
AG
Good video. I meant to put it on this thread.

TacosaurusRex
mosdefn14 said:

Somebody watched the new Top Gun

Or that the Israeli's did it with a pair of F-16's in 1981 to the Iraqi nuclear facility. Nothing in Hollywood is original.
RangerRick9211
AG
fka ftc said:

If you are an "American" living within the vicinity of Gaza or attending a music festival near the border with Gaza, you are assuming a very hire level of risk in your actions.

Also, many times the classification of victims as "Americans" often refers to a foreign person who at some point and through some mechanism, attained US citizenship.

IMO, someone born and raised in the US who was on a trip to the Holy Land visiting safer locales who happens to get caught up in this is one thing. The children of an Israeli businessman who returned to Israel 20 years ago with those children who happen to be American citizens but are also Israeli citizens who were raised substantially are their lives as Israeli citizens are more "technically" Americans.

Some may say there is no difference and I get that. But I think there should be some consideration for passport holders vs someone born a raised in the United States.

Hersh Golberg-Palin, born and raised in Berkeley, CA is still missing.

Professor Ilan Troen's daughter, born and raised in Boston, but married and had moved to Israel was killed with her husband in their home as they shielded their 6 year old.

Are they American enough for you?
agent-maroon
AG
87IE said:

YouBet said:

Perfect opportunity to round up people and deport them. I would put them on a plane, strap a parachute to their back, and push them out over the ME somewhere.
Parachutes are expensive... why waste them
This. And is "ME" the abbreviation for the "Mediterranean" or is that a typo?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jt2hunt
AG
600 plus dead…
TommyBrady
AG
ME = Middle East
Joes
RangerRick9211 said:

Joes said:

CaptTex said:

Yeah, ask any woman in the US if she'd feel safer in Gaza or Dallas. That's certainly a hot take.

By your argument I shouldn't get the feels watching the jumpers on 9/11 because I'm selfish? Ok.
I'm saying if you value those lives more than someone you didn't see get killed by terrorists then yeah, the video has distorted your perception and raised their value just by the fact that you saw it. It's not taking away from the 911 horror to acknowledge that some random tourist in Indonesia who got beheaded by a terrorist that you never saw or knew about does not get the same level of empathy yet are no less deserving. So yeah, people elevate misery when they have to see it and can more easily dismiss it when they don't. "Out of sight, out of mind" is real.
halfastros81
AG
Middle East I suspect
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks. It was poorly attempted sarcasm.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.