Do you think Republicans will lose control of the House?

2,353 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by BluHorseShu
hoopla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Do you think Republicans will lose control of the U.S. House in the 2024 election?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
If Trump is the nominee, yes. It will be a bloodbath of epic proportions.
GAC06
AG
Trump is election poison so if we're dumb enough to run him, we deserve the down ballot bloodbath
captkirk
AG
No
Htownag11
AG
There is no "if". Trump will be the Republican nominee. So all you bleeders need to come to grips with it.
captkirk
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

If Trump is the nominee, yes. It will be a bloodbath of epic proportions.
74 million votes
damiond
the left will likely cheat their way to another win
then tds folks will say they were right
oh no
AG
nothing has been done to fix the mass-mailed ez fraud banana republic elections, so yes.
captkirk
AG
oh no said:

nothing has been done to fix the mass-mailed ez fraud banana republic elections, so yes.
Not true
FL_Ag1998
AG
damiond said:

having Trump on the ballot will assure another Dem win, then trumpers will get to say "he was cheated again!" and prep themselves for Trump '28!

FIFY
oh no
AG
captkirk said:

oh no said:

Not true
ok, not enough has been done and nothing in certain swing states
Gigem314
AG
As long as GA, AZ, PA, NV, MI, WI, and other blue islands like Harris County continue having "issues" on election day...I always think there's a strong possibility the Republicans take losses - even with a Democrat administration during a recession where less than half the country trusts them on economic policies.
BluHorseShu
AG
damiond said:

This is always a great binary theory...Trump either wins, or the dems cheated....There are absolutely no other possibilities. CDS is alive and well.
oh no
AG
voters probably don't like massive spending and currency devaluation making every bill from groceries to rent to gas and power to skyrocket, new endless wars, a wide open border, crime sprees across every city, a woke military, tax and regulatory environments that discourage growth and investment, but mass-mailed ballots love those things and the pravda decimated talking point that worked last time will work gain: people were just voting against the other guys.
ChemEAg08
AG
BluHorseShu said:

damiond said:

This is always a great binary theory...Trump either wins, or the dems cheated....There are absolutely no other possibilities. CDS is alive and well.

txaggieacct85
AG
Htownag11 said:

There is no "if". Trump will be the Republican nominee. So all you bleeders need to come to grips with it.
you must be the same guy predicting A&M will win a natty every year
aggie93
AG
Htownag11 said:

Sorry but it's hard for some of us to just accept 4 more years of Democrat rule until we have to.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Ghost Mech
hoopla said:

Do you think Republicans will lose control of the U.S. House in the 2024 election?
More importantly, does it really matter if they do?
LMCane
hoopla said:

If Trump is the nominee..

100% guarantee that the GOP will lose the Presidency, lose the House, lose the Senate.

seriously, HOW MANY TIMES DOES TRUMP HAVE TO LOSE before this is not even a question anymore?

2016 lost to Clinton by 3 million in the popular vote
2018 crushed and lost the House
2020 crushed by Biden by 6 million votes and a huge electoral college loss
2020 lost the Senate
2020 lost the house
2021 lost the Senate
2022 lost the Senate again, barely won the House in a "red wave" that was the worst performance by the out of power opposition in 50 years
TheBonifaceOption
He lost the senate 3 times in a row...that must mean the GOP had the Senate twice in there.
Htownag11
AG
txaggieacct85 said:

Htownag11 said:

That is certainly true, but I view them as unrelated haha
TheBonifaceOption
txaggieacct85 said:

Htownag11 said:

Trump has quadruple the support of his next opponent. Trump has a basement number over 3 times the support of his next rival.

I hate to tell this to you, but it's almost a statistical impossibility for anyone else to get enough delegates unless it became a 3 way race before Iowa or God sent a lightning bolt at Trump.

Edit*

I checked the worst poll for Trump, Rasmussen, and Trump is 5x his next competitor (45 to 9). This idea that Iowa is going to put winds in the sails of someone is just a pipe dream.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

txaggieacct85 said:

Htownag11 said:

Trump has quadruple the support of his next opponent. Trump has a basement number over 3 times the support of his next rival.

I hate to tell this to you, but it's almost a statistical impossibility for anyone else to get enough delegates unless it became a 3 way race before Iowa or God sent a lightning bolt at Trump.

Edit*

I checked the worst poll for Trump, Rasmussen, and Trump is 5x his next competitor (45 to 9). This idea that Iowa is going to put winds in the sails of someone is just a pipe dream.

jja79
AG
Not sure if the question is serious. Of course they will. Democrats will have the house, senate and white house and complete the destruction of America. It's been a good run but it's over after November 2024.
Waffledynamics
AG
Htownag11 said:

Do you care more about Trump winning the primary or the general? Seems like him winning the primary, regardless of how many people he alienates, is the only thing Trump voters care about.
TheBonifaceOption
Man, i just checked Iowa, RDS is down from 26-30 range to 14-20 now. That could be upto half of his support has disappeared since April.

NH showing Trump over 50%

South Carolina is the first contest that has Trump not in the 48-51 range and that's because Haley is polling at 18% and Scott at 10%, leaving Trump to an abysmal 46%.

Just so we are clear that means if SC were to happen today, Trump would win every contest capturing the pledged delegates and a plurality of the at-large delegates as well.

Street Fighter
AG
Why does it matter; it's not like they don't do anything positive when they have the power anyway.
TheBonifaceOption
Waffledynamics said:

Htownag11 said:

Do you care more about Trump winning the primary or the general? Seems like him winning the primary, regardless of how many people he alienates, is the only thing Trump voters care about.

More like non Trump Republicans need to get with the program. Covid is over. Time to do the work.

The complaints of "all is lost" is the same crap 2016. Nut up or shut up.
cevans_40
AG
oh no said:

Yeah. Last time they just wanted to get rid of Trump. This time the will go ahead and fill out the rest of the ballot. Cheating will be at an all time high regardless of who's the candidate.
BigOil
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

BluHorseShu said:

damiond said:

I wonder if there's been a historical step-up for republican votes when the absentee votes arrived, given those had been mainly from the military.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Htownag11 said:

That is correct. They know he can't win the general. They know the Dems are begging the Repubs to nominate him again.

But Trump empowers them. Gives them a voice that's been missing. That's why they reference Jesus and use phrases like "proven warrior" and share memes about "he's the only one standing between us and them"'. It goes beyond a political affiliation at this point.

The only similarity I've ever seen to this is the Obama fascination. The "tingle up my leg" comments and the images that show him with the halo, or looking off into the distance with his chin raised. This is the exact same level of rock star groupie as then, it's just called MAGA and it's on the other side of the aisle.
aggieforester05
AG
BluHorseShu said:

damiond said:

The Democrats will cheat no matter the outcome of the election. They always have and they always will. Why wouldn't they? There are no institutions willing to hold them accountable and anyone who calls them out will be faced with frivolous lawsuits and criminal probes in hostile districts with no chance of a fair trail. This is what happens when you have a political party and media machine supported by people with no ethical or moral boundaries and a massive group of low information brain dead government charges.
fka ftc
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Htownag11 said:

That is correct. They know he can't win the general. They know the Dems are begging the Repubs to nominate him again.

But Trump empowers them. Gives them a voice that's been missing. That's why they reference Jesus and use phrases like "proven warrior" and share memes about "he's the only one standing between us and them"'. It goes beyond a political affiliation at this point.

The only similarity I've ever seen to this is the Obama fascination. The "tingle up my leg" comments and the images that show him with the halo, or looking off into the distance with his chin raised. This is the exact same level of rock star groupie as then, it's just called MAGA and it's on the other side of the aisle.

No matter how much you wish it true cause you otherwise cannot explain Trump's popularity, but NO ONE worships Trump, his supporters are not his acolytes, and he is a proven warrior and has suffered intense political persecution, particularly from weak-kneed supposed Rs and "conservatives" who just want a nice white guy from central casting to be POTUS and all will magically return to normal.

You use MAGA like it's a bad thing. Really, making America great is a bad thing? Look in the mirror if you want to understand what the problem with the R party is all about.
Htownag11
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Htownag11 said:

This isn't even about what I "care" about at all.

No one else has a chance.

I actually like Desantis quite a bit and think he has done a great job in Florida. But the lack of self awareness to think he had a chance running against Trump really makes me question his decision making.
Tea Party
Yes because "conservatives" are still willing and sometimes excited to vote for establishment R's in the primary. This is not a Trump v DeSantis comment but more down ballot.

Once the establishment R's get into the general, the small portion of conservatives with principles will have to choose to either enable the "conservatives" by voting establishment or vote third party. I'm of the opinion that with everything that has happened the past decade, the people that still vote establishment must not be enabled anymore and must either learn from their mistakes now before the election or learn from them after with consequences to America's economy and culture.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.