Here Comes Hurricane Idalia

9,631 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by aggie93
Swan Song
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Friendswood TX says Hi, where half the homes flooded.

Harvey's high damage totals were due to the flooding, not the damage at landfall.
LMCane
hawk1689 said:

Can we stop referring to these as emergencies and just call them "living on the gulf coast of Florida"?
it would be interesting statistics to see how many hurricanes hit the Gulf Coast

versus how many hit the Atlantic Coast in the last 200 years.
LMCane
Independence H-D
Opalka said:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has sent 640 personnel to the area who are "prepared to respond if requested to do so," the White House said on Tuesday. It has deployed six Incident Management Assistance Teams, nine Urban Search and Rescue Teams and three Disaster Survivor Assistance Strike Teams. The Army Corps of Engineers has a team to fill shelter, food and energy needs, in conjunction with the American Red Cross.

Street Fighter
AG
Opalka said:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has sent 640 personnel to the area who are "prepared to respond if requested to do so," the White House said on Tuesday. It has deployed six Incident Management Assistance Teams, nine Urban Search and Rescue Teams and three Disaster Survivor Assistance Strike Teams. The Army Corps of Engineers has a team to fill shelter, food and energy needs, in conjunction with the American Red Cross.

Would be better if they stayed out of this; they're almost completely useless other than spending tax payer money.
Independence H-D
Street Fighter said:

Opalka said:

Would be better if they stayed out of this; they're almost completely useless other than spending tax payer money.

Agree that .gov generally sucks. In this case, these are teams of highly trained, highly motivated people who are some of the best in the world at what they do.
Independence H-D
Independence H-D said:

Street Fighter said:

Opalka said:

Agree that .gov generally sucks. In this case, these are teams of highly trained, highly motivated people who are some of the best in the world at what they do.

Also, TX-TF1 is also known as Texas A&M Task Force 1. These guys deploy from College Station and are affiliated with the Texas A&M University System.
aggie93
AG
Dan Scott said:

DeSantis had a press conference at 6:30 local time. He stuck to the script, let his expert team do the talking, took a few question but didn't make himself the story.
He already has everyone in place and is ready to go, just executing the plan now.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Also, TX-TF1 is also known as Texas A&M Task Force 1. These guys deploy from College Station and are affiliated with the Texas A&M University System.
Have they been activated?
Independence H-D
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Have they been activated?

aggiehawg
AG
Thanks.
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
IIIHorn

Hurricane name choices should be limited to Wendy & Gale.

GeorgiAg
AG
Cameras are still down at my place on the Georgia coast. Last image I got was at 1pm ET. Power must be out.
GeorgiAg
AG
IIIHorn said:

Hurricane name choices should be limited to Wendy & Gale.

Hurricane Blowjob.
Hurricane Breezy
Hurricane, Rock you like a -
GeorgiAg
AG
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG

Ronald Reagan
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What is next to his nose?
drewser95
AG
Shadow. Light is coming from his right.
aggie93
AG
Essentially an almost Cat 4 Hurricane hits Florida and DeSantis will have everything up and running by the weekend. Unreal.

Ronald Reagan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.