Trump campaign works with the left to take out rivals

15,636 Views | 342 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by ts5641
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cevans_40 said:

Nope, its you and yours

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4154142-trump-refusal-to-sign-loyalty-pledge-puts-rnc-in-bind/amp/

Trump refusal to sign loyalty pledge puts RNC in bind

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4146259-desantis-signs-rnc-loyalty-pledge-ahead-of-first-primary-debate/amp/

DeSantis signs RNC loyalty pledge ahead of first primary debate
The Banned
cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

You TDS folks better hope he doesn't win the primary. You guys have married yourselves to Never Trumpers and will have to endure 4 more years of lunacy, in large part, due to your own actions. I just hope you are prepared to suffer in silence until 2028 because I don't want to hear your *****ing because its your own fault.
LOL, okay, so pointing out that the offering is a turd sandwich is the reason for the loss, not the... turd sandwich that people don't want to eat? Rationalize it however makes you feel best, I guess, but I keep hearing that if DeSantis can't win the primary, that's his own fault. Fine, and that may be true, but don't then turn around and blame anyone but Trump for his own losses.
If neverTrumpers or onlyTrumpers sit out the general election or vote for Biden because their guy didn't win the primary, then they are doing so with full knowledge that their decision will likely result in an incompetent, corrupt, and moronic Biden administration setting our national path forward for the next four years. They will bear a large part of the responsibility for that just as they did for the 2020 election. Once the primary is over, it's time for the infighting to end and for conservatives to come together to do everything possible to keep the scum bag Democrat from winning.

You may not like the other guy in the primary, but I can assure you that Republican administration will not negatively impact your life to anywhere near the extreme that another four years of this **** show will. It's time conservatives take personal responsibility at the ballot box and weigh their choices carefully in both the primary and the general. Vote your conscience in the primary and for your survival/lifestyle in the general. No one will ever have their perfect candidate if voting based on the issues alone.

I can't believe we have conservatives sitting back and doing nothing and letting Biden win because they either don't like Trump or only like Trump. This is the exact outcome the scum bag liberals want and playing their game is letting them win. Yes Trump should be the first one to cut this **** out.
It still is a sell. It's a much tougher sell to people in the "middle" who see both candidates as insane. Like it or not, on the right if you can't convince your ENTIRE base to vote for you, then you sure as hell aren't going to convince anyone else.
I'm not talking about self described moderates or independents, I'm talking about conservatives. Those that will not vote for Trump if he's the nominee are no better than those that will not vote for DeSantis if Trump is not the nominee. I'd much prefer DeSantis and think Trump is largely responsible for the division between Republicans right now. That being said, I'm sure as hell voting for him in the general if he wins the primary, because getting the Democrats out of the executive branch is paramount to our continued existence as a nation of rule and law. It is extremely foolish for any conservative to not show up to vote against the Democrats in the general election. If you can't galvanize the conservative base around one candidate in the general moderates and independents are irrelevant because you're going to lose anyway. This is exactly what the Democrats and their media sycophants want and why they're stoking the fire between Republican factions.
I know a lot of people will agree with you, but at this point, the favorite to be the nominee does not share your desire for unity. Or maybe he does and he just really sucks at it. Either way, the largest obstacle to unity is not the people he is hitting in the back of the head with a bat, it's him. As much as we might want it to not be true, party unity will never be possible with Trump, and it is his fault.
Nope, its you and yours

Trump publicly trashed desantis days before his governor election. Trump threatened to let out extremely embarrassing evidence against desantis if he tried to run. He and many of his supporters called "desanctimonious" disloyal before he even announced. And you think it's the desantis side that's harming party unity?
MalePTAPrez
Funky Winkerbean said:

Well, if Mr Flipkowski the admitted troll said it, it has to be true. TDS has ruined you.

I'm so sick of this board and comments like this about conservatives now having TDS.

Get over it. Everyone is TIRED of his **** and ready to move on. How hard is that for you to understand.

Non trump but also conservative voters understand (even if he were to somehow win the nomination or the general) that we will find ourselves in a similar situation in 2028 as we are now. A country divided and hyper partisanship.

I'm all for throwing haymakers at the dems but we need to beat them intelligently and find a new younger horse to lead us there.

It's really that simple.

Trump wins the primary? Sure. I'll vote for him. But I don't feel anywhere near confident he would win in the general election.

Mofo just needs to go fade into the sunset and enjoy the fruits of his biz labor. But we know that's not gonna happen.

I am very conservative fiscally. Mid 30s and enjoy some socially liberal oks joe Rogan-esq. but GT absolute FOH with telling fellow conservatives they have TDS.

I'm over it and many more will join me in that sentiment.
Im Gipper
3 posts in, and already:

Quote:

I'm so sick of this board
We look forward to your concern.

In moderation of course!

I'm Gipper
The Banned
MalePTAPrez said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Well, if Mr Flipkowski the admitted troll said it, it has to be true. TDS has ruined you.

I'm so sick of this board and comments like this about conservatives now having TDS.

Get over it. Everyone is TIRED of his **** and ready to move on. How hard is that for you to understand.

Non trump but also conservative voters understand (even if he were to somehow win the nomination or the general) that we will find ourselves in a similar situation in 2028 as we are now. A country divided and hyper partisanship.

I'm all for throwing haymakers at the dems but we need to beat them intelligently and find a new younger horse to lead us there.

It's really that simple.

Trump wins the primary? Sure. I'll vote for him. But I don't feel anywhere near confident he would win in the general election.

Mofo just needs to go fade into the sunset and enjoy the fruits of his biz labor. But we know that's not gonna happen.

I am very conservative fiscally. Mid 30s and enjoy some socially liberal oks joe Rogan-esq. but GT absolute FOH with telling fellow conservatives they have TDS.

I'm over it and many more will join me in that sentiment.

Yep
Phatbob
AG
Quote:

Nope, its you and yours

Well, maybe the party has finally started to have standards... I guess you are just going to have to deal with that.
RGLAG85
AG
Gigem314 said:

Phatbob said:

Gigem314 said:

Phatbob said:

This is not just "out-campaigning". This is an outright stated goal of permanent destruction. We are constantly told on this board that we should not be disparaging Trump when we point out his shortcomings, because he might be the nominee. There is 1 person in this race who is out to destroy conservatives. Again, I get sick of people pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
It's not permanent destruction. It's petty politics. I didn't care for Trump going after Ted Cruz in 2016 either...this is the equivalent of that. People shouldn't be surprised by this.

Permanent destruction is what you see the Dems attempting to by putting Trump in prison.
Look, I understand politics is a dirty game and you say things during a campaign that are just to win. But when the person who I'm supposed to be pissed off that he is being destroyed is also trying to destroy other conservatives, my "give a shyte" capacity goes down. Why would I support someone who is trying to destroy conservatives just because he has an R next to his name?
Again, you're misrepresenting what's happening. Trump isn't trying to put DeSantis in jail. Trump isn't trying to remove DeSantis from his current office. Trump is trying to attack the image of DeSantis so he can win the nomination. Huge difference from 'destroying' someone...or destroying conservatives as a whole. It's child's play compared to what Christie is trying to do to Trump.

You want to see real destruction of conservatives? See what the Democrats are doing. See what the establishment Republicans are doing by wagging their finger at conservative voters, telling us to temper our expectations, and pushing for us to go back to the way things were in the party prior to 2016.
Gigem314
AG

aggieforester05
AG
The Banned said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

You TDS folks better hope he doesn't win the primary. You guys have married yourselves to Never Trumpers and will have to endure 4 more years of lunacy, in large part, due to your own actions. I just hope you are prepared to suffer in silence until 2028 because I don't want to hear your *****ing because its your own fault.
LOL, okay, so pointing out that the offering is a turd sandwich is the reason for the loss, not the... turd sandwich that people don't want to eat? Rationalize it however makes you feel best, I guess, but I keep hearing that if DeSantis can't win the primary, that's his own fault. Fine, and that may be true, but don't then turn around and blame anyone but Trump for his own losses.
If neverTrumpers or onlyTrumpers sit out the general election or vote for Biden because their guy didn't win the primary, then they are doing so with full knowledge that their decision will likely result in an incompetent, corrupt, and moronic Biden administration setting our national path forward for the next four years. They will bear a large part of the responsibility for that just as they did for the 2020 election. Once the primary is over, it's time for the infighting to end and for conservatives to come together to do everything possible to keep the scum bag Democrat from winning.

You may not like the other guy in the primary, but I can assure you that Republican administration will not negatively impact your life to anywhere near the extreme that another four years of this **** show will. It's time conservatives take personal responsibility at the ballot box and weigh their choices carefully in both the primary and the general. Vote your conscience in the primary and for your survival/lifestyle in the general. No one will ever have their perfect candidate if voting based on the issues alone.

I can't believe we have conservatives sitting back and doing nothing and letting Biden win because they either don't like Trump or only like Trump. This is the exact outcome the scum bag liberals want and playing their game is letting them win. Yes Trump should be the first one to cut this **** out.
It still is a sell. It's a much tougher sell to people in the "middle" who see both candidates as insane. Like it or not, on the right if you can't convince your ENTIRE base to vote for you, then you sure as hell aren't going to convince anyone else.
I'm not talking about self described moderates or independents, I'm talking about conservatives. Those that will not vote for Trump if he's the nominee are no better than those that will not vote for DeSantis if Trump is not the nominee. I'd much prefer DeSantis and think Trump is largely responsible for the division between Republicans right now. That being said, I'm sure as hell voting for him in the general if he wins the primary, because getting the Democrats out of the executive branch is paramount to our continued existence as a nation of rule and law. It is extremely foolish for any conservative to not show up to vote against the Democrats in the general election. If you can't galvanize the conservative base around one candidate in the general moderates and independents are irrelevant because you're going to lose anyway. This is exactly what the Democrats and their media sycophants want and why they're stoking the fire between Republican factions.
I know a lot of people will agree with you, but at this point, the favorite to be the nominee does not share your desire for unity. Or maybe he does and he just really sucks at it. Either way, the largest obstacle to unity is not the people he is hitting in the back of the head with a bat, it's him. As much as we might want it to not be true, party unity will never be possible with Trump, and it is his fault.
Nope, its you and yours

Trump publicly trashed desantis days before his governor election. Trump threatened to let out extremely embarrassing evidence against desantis if he tried to run. He and many of his supporters called "desanctimonious" disloyal before he even announced. And you think it's the desantis side that's harming party unity?

Wrong as Trump may be for his needless attacks against DeSantis, if DeSantis supporters sit out the election, they will be just as responsible as Trump for losing. Even if you don't want a president Trump or a president DeSantis conversely a Republican cabinet and Republican judicial nominations are much preferable to the status quo even if they're totally incompetent. It would be hard for anybody to perform worse than the Biden administration and at least Republicans will have oversight even if overzealous. Democrats act with impunity and that is highly destructive.
Phatbob
AG
I assure you, it will not be because of DeSantis supporters. Trump has alienated way more than just them.
fka ftc
Phatbob said:

I assure you, it will not be because of DeSantis supporters. Trump has alienated way more than just them.
Fine then, it will be people who cannot grasp the depth and impact of Trump's accomplishments his first term and focus solely on mean / "fing returded" tweets and 'decorum'.

Trump's antics can piss me off as well from time to time, but he was more effective in bringing change to DC and shining light on the swampiness - even if he never "lock(ed) her up", spent too much money, made mistakes with COVID and surrounded himself with a few swamp critters.
Phatbob
AG
fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

Fine then, it will be people who cannot grasp the depth and impact of Trump's accomplishments his first term and focus solely on mean / "fing returded" tweets and 'decorum'.

Trump's antics can piss me off as well from time to time, but he was more effective in bringing change to DC and shining light on the swampiness - even if he never "lock(ed) her up", spent too much money, made mistakes with COVID and surrounded himself with a few swamp critters.
Then is it not Trump's job to convince that 60% of the country that will never vote for him to change their minds? How is he going to do that by doing the exact same thing he's been doing?
The Banned
fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

To be a good president, you need support. He has done his best to piss off just about every person that could be a helpful team mate, so he will have no support. Then he will cry about not getting any help. He's just a terrible leader. He's fine with his EOs and foreign policy but those are all things the next Dem can come in and change on day 1
fka ftc
Phatbob said:

fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

Then is it not Trump's job to convince that 60% of the country that will never vote for him to change their minds? How is he going to do that by doing the exact same thing he's been doing?
I think at this point you know what you are getting with Trump so what purpose does him spending time "convincing" people to like him? That's changing stripes on the tiger.

People need to change, not expect Trump to change.
The Banned
aggieforester05 said:

The Banned said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Nope, its you and yours

Wrong as Trump may be for his needless attacks against DeSantis, if DeSantis supporters sit out the election, they will be just as responsible as Trump for losing. Even if you don't want a president Trump or a president DeSantis conversely a Republican cabinet and Republican judicial nominations are much preferable to the status quo even if they're totally incompetent. It would be hard for anybody to perform worse than the Biden administration and at least Republicans will have oversight even if overzealous. Democrats act with impunity and that is highly destructive.

Which is why I'll vote for him if needed, for all the good it will do. You can scold conservatives who don't vote for him all you want but he has a very low favorability rate with the general populace. Those are the people that you'll need to blame when he inevitably loses
Phatbob
AG
fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

I think at this point you know what you are getting with Trump so what purpose does him spending time "convincing" people to like him? That's changing stripes on the tiger.

Are you expecting that to happen, or is this just a kamikaze thing? Why don't we go with something similar, but isn't a guaranteed loser? I don't understand this need to take the country down with the ship
fka ftc
I'm currently leaning more Vivek with each passing day but I have over 6 months left to make a decision.

As of today, Trump looks like the likely nominee. If he is, he gets my vote in the general. If you don't like the Country brought to you by Robert L. Peters aka Robin Ware aka Pedo Joe aka Cornpop's Defeater aka Brandon... then when it comes time to vote in November 2024 do all you can to get behind the R nominee.

I cannot make DeSantis do a better job campaigning and getting his message across any more than I can make Trump not say mean, dumb things on Twitter / Truth Social.
aggie93
AG
fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

2016 Trump isn't 2024 Trump. He's literally past life expectancy and is in physical and mental decline. Time always wins.

I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee but can understand why people wouldn't even if it causes Biden to win. It's not about "mean tweets" either. Trump handing over the government to Fauci and all the disaster it caused is one reason. Another is that he has shown he isn't about MAGA issues he is about himself, otherwise he would want to debate and talk about issues and accomplishments instead of lying about DeSantis who has actually done the things Trump talks about.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
fka ftc
aggie93 said:

2016 Trump isn't 2024 Trump. He's literally past life expectancy and is in physical and mental decline. Time always wins.

I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee but can understand why people wouldn't even if it causes Biden to win. It's not about "mean tweets" either. Trump handing over the government to Fauci and all the disaster it caused is one reason. Another is that he has shown he isn't about MAGA issues he is about himself, otherwise he would want to debate and talk about issues and accomplishments instead of lying about DeSantis who has actually done the things Trump talks about.
This is probably the biggest red herring folks toss out and it stinks like its been sweltering in a Bourbon Street gutter for a couple weeks.

First, he deferred to the individual states more than anything else. Fauci happened to be the supposed expert that you would expect someone like POTUS to listen to. If you want to show us where he had a panel of experts and only chose to listen to Fauci above all other voices, let's see that evidence.
aggie93
AG
annie88 said:

We need a figurative night of the long knives for many of these corrupt Democrats, prosecutors and judges in this country.
If only there was a candidate out there who had fired Soros prosecutors.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
fka ftc said:

aggie93 said:

This is probably the biggest red herring folks toss out and it stinks like its been sweltering in a Bourbon Street gutter for a couple weeks.

First, he deferred to the individual states more than anything else. Fauci happened to be the supposed expert that you would expect someone like POTUS to listen to. If you want to show us where he had a panel of experts and only chose to listen to Fauci above all other voices, let's see that evidence.
It is the fact that he allowed that much control to be placed in a person like Fauci to begin with. This is why his populism, the thing that was a strength for him before, got us all in a crap ton of trouble. Someone with more conservative principles is way less likely to have Fauci, or anyone else like him, to have that much influence on our freedoms.
cevans_40
AG
The Banned said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Nope, its you and yours

I am here saying I will vote for whomever gets the nomination and you are sticking to your Never Trump mindset and yet somehow I am harming party unity?
Phatbob
AG
cevans_40 said:

The Banned said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Nope, its you and yours

I am here saying I will vote for whomever gets the nomination and you are sticking to your Never Trump mindset and yet somehow I am harming party unity?
Yep, you and yours
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Phatbob said:

fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

fka ftc said:

Phatbob said:

Are you expecting that to happen, or is this just a kamikaze thing? Why don't we go with something similar, but isn't a guaranteed loser? I don't understand this need to take the country down with the ship

You and the rest of the country must be held to a higher standard than the guy wanting to be the leader of the free world. Rather than supporting the guy who holds everyone to the same standard as he does himself. That's just how politics work. And then you get to act surprised why 80% of our leadership is a parasitic relationship on the belly of the populace.
cevans_40
AG
Phatbob said:

fka ftc said:

aggie93 said:

It is the fact that he allowed that much control to be placed in a person like Fauci to begin with. This is why his populism, the thing that was a strength for him before, got us all in a crap ton of trouble. Someone with more conservative principles is way less likely to have Fauci, or anyone else like him, to have that much influence on our freedoms.
Covid was a massive fail by Trump and many others (DeSantis included). Biden just made it worse.
Phatbob
AG
cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

fka ftc said:

aggie93 said:

Covid was a massive fail by Trump and many others (DeSantis included). Biden just made it worse.
No argument there, but why is it that if we are going to hold the people responsible for the some of the worst trampling of freedoms we have experienced in the US, Trump gets away scott free?
MalePTAPrez
Im Gipper said:

3 posts in, and already:

Quote:

In moderation of course!

So I'm a CM for not supporting trump and had to get a new handle?

You guys are insufferable.
fka ftc
MalePTAPrez said:

Im Gipper said:

3 posts in, and already:

Quote:

In moderation of course!

Anytime someone says "you guys", might as well hang a lib or CM sign around your neck / username.

Yes, not supporting Trump in the general election would lead someone to believe you have not found the red pill yet, may never find it.
The Banned
cevans_40 said:

The Banned said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

aggieforester05 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Nope, its you and yours

I ask again: can you freaking read? I've said multiple times I'll vote for trump if he's the nominee.
fka ftc
The Banned said:

I ask again: can you freaking read? I've said multiple times I'll vote for trump if he's the nominee.
"We are going to need you to sign the pledge before any further debate on this." - signed the RNC
BigRobSA
fka ftc said:

MalePTAPrez said:

Im Gipper said:

3 posts in, and already:

Quote:

In moderation of course!

Anytime someone says "you guys", might as well hang a lib or CM sign around your neck / username.

Yes, not supporting Trump in the general election would lead someone to believe you have not found the red pill yet, may never find it.

Why is voting for a liberal, like Trump, the milestone for being "red pilled"?

He spent so much even Obama blushed, is anti-2a, pro jobs programs, etc.

I'm conservative, why would I vote for a liberal?
fka ftc
BigRobSA said:

I know calling Trump a liberal is essentially a past time for you. If Trump is the most conservative on the ballot, would you vote for him? Or would you just write in BigRobSA 4 Prez on your ballot?

the anti-2a bit is a red herring. Not sure what you are getting at with pro jobs programs, and any discussion on spending needs to begin after removing the COVID funds.
Charpie
AG
BigRobSA said:

fka ftc said:

MalePTAPrez said:

Im Gipper said:

3 posts in, and already:

Quote:

In moderation of course!

That's my primo
Science Denier
AG
fka ftc said:

BigRobSA said:

I know calling Trump a liberal is essentially a past time for you. If Trump is the most conservative on the ballot, would you vote for him? Or would you just write in BigRobSA 4 Prez on your ballot?

the anti-2a bit is a red herring. Not sure what you are getting at with pro jobs programs, and any discussion on spending needs to begin after removing the COVID funds.

He's rather vote for a conservative like Biden. He thinks the wall wasn't about protecting our border. I mean, Border Patrol was begging for it but that doesn't matter.

The border walk was a jobs program.

I've already show. Wast Trump did for the 2A, but 20+ years ago, Trump wasn't pro 2A, so he recent actions don't matter. He's anti 2A.

Reality is he's got massive TDS and can't get past it.

The Banned
fka ftc said:

BigRobSA said:

You used red pill, brother. Not him. Trump is the black pill. Most every trump supporter ends up admitting, in some form or fashion, that this is all for show and the Dems will win no matter what we do. Text book black pill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.