Trump campaign works with the left to take out rivals

15,472 Views | 342 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by ts5641
cevans_40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You TDS folks better hope he doesn't win the primary. You guys have married yourselves to Never Trumpers and will have to endure 4 more years of lunacy, in large part, due to your own actions. I just hope you are prepared to suffer in silence until 2028 because I don't want to hear your *****ing because its your own fault.
fka ftc
Preach.

CMs and 'Never Trumpers' never take responsibility for the fact that Trump did not have more support and more votes in 2020 because they thought Biden was better than Trump.

The nomination will be Trump's to either accept or give to his chosen candidate should he decide to bow out. If the Rs choose a different path, then its going to be a glorious 4 or 5 horse race for POTUS.

And thank God the Rs have the house as that is where the 2024 POTUS race is likely decided. Buckle up. Good chance no one gets to 270.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
When DeSantis wins, I wonder what Loomer and her ilk will do. They already have such TDS that they make up stories about DeSantis wife faking cancer. They are on record working with the left. It can only get more radical as they lose.
fka ftc
Definitely Not A Cop said:

When DeSantis wins, I wonder what Loomer and her ilk will do. They already have such TDS that they make up stories about DeSantis wife faking cancer. They are on record working with the left. It can only get more radical as they lose.
When DeSantis wins"... that's funny.

So far, the only win I am seeing for DeSantis at this point is Matt McConaughey already played him in this biopic movie about DeSanctis's campaign to date.

cevans_40
AG

Why do you care what one crazy ***** with less than zero authority does?
Phatbob
AG
cevans_40 said:

You TDS folks better hope he doesn't win the primary. You guys have married yourselves to Never Trumpers and will have to endure 4 more years of lunacy, in large part, due to your own actions. I just hope you are prepared to suffer in silence until 2028 because I don't want to hear your *****ing because its your own fault.
LOL, okay, so pointing out that the offering is a turd sandwich is the reason for the loss, not the... turd sandwich that people don't want to eat? Rationalize it however makes you feel best, I guess, but I keep hearing that if DeSantis can't win the primary, that's his own fault. Fine, and that may be true, but don't then turn around and blame anyone but Trump for his own losses.
cevans_40
AG
fka ftc said:

When DeSantis wins"... that's funny.

So far, the only win I am seeing for DeSantis at this point is Matt McConaughey already played him in this biopic movie about DeSanctis's campaign to date.

All because he, like the really smart folks on this board who never say anything controversial, is afraid to get out there and fight for what he wants.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
cevans_40 said:

Y'all wouldn't be preemptively assigning blame if you thought he could win.
The Banned
cevans_40 said:

This is nonsense. Outside of 2-3 posters, most everyone has said they'd hold their nose and vote for him
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
cevans_40 said:

I never said I cared, just wondered.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Microwave Onions said:

cevans_40 said:

Kinda like you're doing to Trump supporters if DeSantis doesn't win?
fka ftc
cevans_40 said:

All because he, like the really smart folks on this board who never say anything controversial, is afraid to get out there and fight for what he wants.
Agree.

His commitment to "decorum" that most people claim they want and criticize Trump for lack of is the attitude that has allowed the Dems to control things for the better part of the last 20 years.
TheEternalPessimist
Phatbob said:

This was posted in the R vs D thread, but I think it deserves it's own thread.
[url=https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/08/17/ron-filipkowski-desantis-trump-00110950][/url]
Politico

Quote:

Online, Filipkowski, a former Republican now devoted to trolling the GOP, is a different person altogether. He is a social media obsessive or savant, or both sharing an endless stream of photos, videos, political dirt and, at times, biting political commentary with the roughly 750,000 followers he has on X, sometimes blowing up a politician's comment or gaffe with attention. "The thing that I think is so unique about Ron's work is that he surfaces a lot of clips and photos that aren't things you can find by just watching cable news or YouTube streams," said Aaron Rupar (follower count: 884.7k), a liberal-leaning journalist known for quickly clipping political videos that go viral on X. "He's great at dredging things up from deeper social media sources that take a lot of work to find."

During the 2022 midterm election, he shared a video of Pennsylvania Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz talking about preparing a crudit platter that went viral and underscored voter concerns that the wealthy TV physician was out of touch. During the same cycle, he picked up on then-Senate candidate J.D. Vance telling Steve Bannon's War Room podcast he didn't "care what happens to Ukraine one way or another," a moment that previewed the shift in how Republicans view foreign conflicts. Days later, Vance's campaign issued a statement clarifying his comments. And earlier this year, when 2024 GOP presidential candidate and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis lashed out at a reporter during a trip to Jerusalem over a question about his time serving at Guantanamo Bay as a Navy lawyer, Filipkowski posted a clipped video of the moment that now has over 3.8 million views.

His tweets have sparked cable news segments and online battles with political operatives. Journalists have alerts turned on to catch the latest photo or obscure right-wing event he has uncovered. Even the campaigns he covers and political figures he loathes have warmed to him and even teamed up with him. Filipkowski said he is in contact with far-right activist Laura Loomer and people affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign. It's not to boost Trump (whom he has been agitating against since the 2020 campaign) but to upend their mutual enemy: DeSantis.

"I'm probably the top anti-DeSantis person on Twitter. So if [rivals] have something anti-DeSantis that they want to get into the mainstream, they'll send it to me," Filipkowski said, without disclosing the name of anyone on the Trump campaign he's worked with. The Trump campaign declined to comment.

Loomer said they speak occasionally. "He knows I'm a Trump loyalist, and I know he doesn't like Trump, and despite our differences, we have found common ground on making sure Ron DeSantis is never elected president of the United States, ever."
Does that sound like someone interested in making sure that the Democrats are not elected no matter what, or like someone who only cares about 1 thing... Trump.

I DONT CARE.

I AM STILL VOTING FOR DONALD JOHN TRUMP.
cevans_40
AG
Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

LOL, okay, so pointing out that the offering is a turd sandwich is the reason for the loss, not the... turd sandwich that people don't want to eat? Rationalize it however makes you feel best, I guess, but I keep hearing that if DeSantis can't win the primary, that's his own fault. Fine, and that may be true, but don't then turn around and blame anyone but Trump for his own losses.
I really hope DeSantis find his balls and wins the nomination. But that hasn't happened as of yet and you guys are just giddy because of no mean tweets. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but its gonna take some mean tweets to beat the left. Its unfortunately the only thing half the country understands. Just look around at the cesspool social media is and it will become ever-apparent that you have to get in the mud at some point.
cevans_40
AG

cevans_40 said:

I never said I cared, just wondered.
She fades into Bolivian like she deserves
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I know you are but what am I?
cevans_40
AG
Microwave Onions said:

cevans_40 said:

No one can win with a fractured party. Anyone who believes their candidate can is a fool.
J. Walter Weatherman

It's been said before, but DeSantis winning also removes any doubt that Trump was cheated in 2020. They'll have to come to grips with the fact that he lost because he's an unlikable unserious circus clown that most of the country hates, and that they've been tricked into going all in with him. Will be a rough wake up call for the biggest diehards, which is probably why it seems like the hardcore cultists like Loomer would absolutely rather Trump win the primary and lose the general than DeSantis win both.
fka ftc
cevans_40 said:

No one can win with a fractured party. Anyone who believes their candidate can is a fool.
Unless you fracture the field and send it to Congress to decide.

RFK, Jr and Trump both running as independents could really, really make things interesting. Hell, Manchin may decide to toss his hat in at that point.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I completely agree on that. Which is why I don't approve of so much Trump & Trump supporter fire (and money) being aimed at DeSantis and DeSantis supporters instead of at Biden and the corrupt D.C. media complex.
Phatbob
AG
cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

I really hope DeSantis find his balls and wins the nomination. But that hasn't happened as of yet and you guys are just giddy because of no mean tweets. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but its gonna take some mean tweets to beat the left. Its unfortunately the only thing half the country understands. Just look around at the cesspool social media is and it will become ever-apparent that you have to get in the mud at some point.
Yeah, it's going to take more than "mean tweets", as has become obvious. If Trump had the ability to deal with the repercussions of his "mean tweets", then I would agree with you. You can't be successful at the bull in the china shop game if you get stuck under the shelves you just knocked down. If there is a way to make that work, Trump hasn't found it.
fka ftc
J. Walter Weatherman said:

It's been said before, but DeSantis winning also removes any doubt that Trump was cheated in 2020. They'll have to come to grips with the fact that he lost because he's an unlikable unserious circus clown that most of the country hates, and that they've been tricked into going all in with him. Will be a rough wake up call for the biggest diehards, which is probably why it seems like the hardcore cultists like Loomer would absolutely rather Trump win the primary and lose the general than DeSantis win both.
Ehhh, its the Trump haterz who have been tricked into believing Trump is somehow evil, unhinged and ineffective.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

Cultist is worshipping the talking points of Rachel Maddow and destroying the R party in the process. All because some tweets are just so damn mean...
J. Walter Weatherman
fka ftc said:

Ehhh, its the Trump haterz who have been tricked into believing Trump is somehow evil, unhinged and ineffective.

Cultist is worshipping the talking points of Rachel Maddow and destroying the R party in the process. All because some tweets are just so damn mean...

So, what Trump has been doing to DeSantis because he dared to run against Dear Leader?
cevans_40
AG
Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Yeah, it's going to take more than "mean tweets", as has become obvious. If Trump had the ability to deal with the repercussions of his "mean tweets", then I would agree with you. You can't be successful at the bull in the china shop game if you get stuck under the shelves you just knocked down. If there is a way to make that work, Trump hasn't found it.
Are you special? Of course its gonna take more than mean tweets but at some point you are going to have to unashamedly ruffle some feathers. If for no other reason, to show the left you aren't afraid of them while also proving to the folks on the right that you aren't Mitt Romney and will actually fight for them. And Trump had it figured out pretty well. He badly mishandled Covid and fell victim to the greatest election theft ever launched. Something DeSantis will have to overcome should he be the choice.
cevans_40
AG

fka ftc said:

So, what Trump has been doing to DeSantis because he dared to run against Dear Leader?
This is what it looks like when you allow Trump to break you.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Quote:

I completely agree on that. Which is why I don't approve of so much Trump & Trump supporter fire (and money) being aimed at DeSantis and DeSantis supporters instead of at Biden and the corrupt D.C. media complex.

But it's ok to frequent message boards to try and shame Trump supporters? Hypocrisy much?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Quote:

I know you are but what am I?

12?
J. Walter Weatherman
cevans_40 said:

fka ftc said:

And this is what it looks like when you have no actual defense for Trump's antics. The "I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any support" quote is certainly proving true lately.
The Banned
fka ftc said:

1. Trump is using leftist talking points all the time against desantis.

2. It isn't "mean tweets" we don't like. It's ****ing ******ed tweets we don't like. Trump just comes across as unhinged
Funky Winkerbean
AG
DeSantis wants to take a sledgehammer to his opponents.
cevans_40
AG

cevans_40 said:

fka ftc said:

And this is what it looks like when you have no actual defense for Trump's antics. The "I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any support" quote is certainly proving true lately.
I don't give one single rats ass about his antics. I have stated multiple times , but I will do it once more for you slow types, that I hope DeSantis is the pick. But I am not going to spend every waking hour dragging Trump through the mud because it does no good and only weakens his chance to win the general should he win the primary. You have allowed his actions to break you because evidently you really care what others think of you. So carry on with your TDS and know that your efforts are greatly appreciated by those on the left.
cevans_40
AG
The Banned said:

fka ftc said:

2. It isn't "mean tweets" we don't like. It's ****ing ******ed tweets we don't like. Trump just comes across as unhinged
So don't vote for him. But could you please quit doing the work of the communist media for a while?
The Banned
Funky Winkerbean said:

DeSantis wants to take a sledgehammer to his opponents.

You aren't this stupid. You know that wasn't his campaign. You know it's referring to a debate tactic. You're pretending it's something it's not. It's a very stupid attempt at a gotcha
The Banned
cevans_40 said:

The Banned said:

fka ftc said:

So don't vote for him. But could you please quit doing the work of the communist media for a while?

As soon as trump and his followers quit doing the work of the communist media. We got here because of his antics. These are the seeds he sewed. I'd be happy for it all to stop.
J. Walter Weatherman
cevans_40 said:

cevans_40 said:

fka ftc said:

I don't give one single rats ass about his antics. I have stated multiple times , but I will do it once more for you slow types, that I hope DeSantis is the pick. But I am not going to spend every waking hour dragging Trump through the mud because it does no good and only weakens his chance to win the general should he win the primary. You have allowed his actions to break you because evidently you really care what others think of you. So carry on with your TDS and know that your efforts are greatly appreciated by those on the left.

Cool. Some of us understand that he's a guaranteed loser in the general since he's only doubled down on what made him lose 2020 and think it's important to continue to highlight that so that Republicans don't blow a winnable election.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.