Trump campaign works with the left to take out rivals

15,571 Views | 342 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by ts5641
Aggie Apotheosis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dems want Trump to be the Republican candidate so of course they will work with him until he's officially the nominee.

The fact that the Supreme Court will be hearing an abortion case in the summer of 2024 and Trump is the presumed Republican nominee? Dems can't believe their luck.

We're headed for a landslide of epic proportions, folks. It won't be pretty.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Again you make up a bunch of stuff instead of just responding with facts. I don't have any intention of debating someone who isn't interested in being honest and factual. Have a nice day.
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

texagbeliever said:

Are you not going to answer? What do moderates support that aligns with Trump more than DeSantis?
Trump is a fighter. Outsider. Not a clean cut perfect wife, perfect children, perfect Christian politician. Rural Americans know that they are looked down on for shopping at dollar tree and walmart. They can't buy a reasonably priced truck because of bureaucrats in urban areas finding them evil. Trump talks like them. He sees a kettle he calls it black. Trump might have an Ivy league degree but you would much rather grab a beer with him then most other people. That is his likability. Yes there is a group that doesn't like him for all of those things.

Look at the Oliver Anthony song. I'd wager $50 Oliver likely would vote for Trump over DeSantis if asked. Just is hitting a different note than the Urban/Suburban college educated crowd normally hears.

DeSantis literally grew up blue collar, trump didn't. He just pretends to be.

So again, what does trump have that moderates are keying into that DeSantis doesn't have?
I answered your question. You don't like it, doesn't mean i feel obliged to answer it differently.

How about you now answer my question. How come DeSantis is not polling better if he is clearly the better candidate for moderates and conservatives?

You have the following assumptions:
1. DeSantis resonates better with moderates
2. Desantis resonates better with conservatives
3. DeSantis doesn't have baggage of Trump
4. Trump has high disapproval
5. DeSantis is a proven fighter

So let's hear it. There must be some flaw I'm missing or your assumptions you keep asserting as facts aren't true in the real world.
Because you are dealing with a subset of the entire population that includes the entirety of Trumps rabid base. It's the same reason Trump has such large disapprovals in the general, but not in the primary. At this point Jesus wouldn't get the approval of a large amount of this subset since he doesn't live at Mar-a Lago
fka ftc
Jesus lives in Trump's heart at M-A-L and walks with him daily on the beach. There is even a poem about it.

Science Denier
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Science Denier said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

SHE
IS
NOT
ON
TRUMP'S
TEAM

VERY
FAKE
NEWS

Shills for trump, lies about his opponents, gets meetings with him, etc
LOL, that is a rather large population. Lots of people meet with trump and post on X.

TDS has a strange definition of "on his team".

The level of obtuseness it takes to think that Loomer isn't doing exactly what Trump is telling her to do is both sad and impressive at the same time.
OK. Show me. Talk about Trumpers lying. She's not on staff, not affiliated with the campaign in any way except she posts on X.

There is nothing in the article that says any info changed hands, only that Loomer talks to him occasionally.

What do you have that shows Loomer is doing what Trump wants? Nothing but TDS induced mental gymnastics.
Phatbob
AG
Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

SHE
IS
NOT
ON
TRUMP'S
TEAM

VERY
FAKE
NEWS

LOL, that is a rather large population. Lots of people meet with trump and post on X.

The level of obtuseness it takes to think that Loomer isn't doing exactly what Trump is telling her to do is both sad and impressive at the same time.
OK. Show me. Talk about Trumpers lying. She's not on staff, not affiliated with the campaign in any way except she posts on X.

There is nothing in the article that says any info changed hands, only that Loomer talks to him occasionally.

What do you have that shows Loomer is doing what Trump wants? Nothing but TDS induced mental gymnastics.
Your inability to read the actual text of the articles being discussed constantly amazes me.
J. Walter Weatherman
Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

SHE
IS
NOT
ON
TRUMP'S
TEAM

VERY
FAKE
NEWS

Like I said, you can wait until they release a signed contract between the two of them or you can use common sense to see that she and others like Bruesewitz are mouthpieces for the worst parts of his campaign, especially since Trump is scared to get back on twitter himself. Up to you.
texagbeliever
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

Are you not going to answer? What do moderates support that aligns with Trump more than DeSantis?
Trump is a fighter. Outsider. Not a clean cut perfect wife, perfect children, perfect Christian politician. Rural Americans know that they are looked down on for shopping at dollar tree and walmart. They can't buy a reasonably priced truck because of bureaucrats in urban areas finding them evil. Trump talks like them. He sees a kettle he calls it black. Trump might have an Ivy league degree but you would much rather grab a beer with him then most other people. That is his likability. Yes there is a group that doesn't like him for all of those things.

Look at the Oliver Anthony song. I'd wager $50 Oliver likely would vote for Trump over DeSantis if asked. Just is hitting a different note than the Urban/Suburban college educated crowd normally hears.

So again, what does trump have that moderates are keying into that DeSantis doesn't have?
I answered your question. You don't like it, doesn't mean i feel obliged to answer it differently.

How about you now answer my question. How come DeSantis is not polling better if he is clearly the better candidate for moderates and conservatives?

So let's hear it. There must be some flaw I'm missing or your assumptions you keep asserting as facts aren't true in the real world.
Because you are dealing with a subset of the entire population that includes the entirety of Trumps rabid base. It's the same reason Trump has such large disapprovals in the general, but not in the primary. At this point Jesus wouldn't get the approval of a large amount of this subset since he doesn't live at Mar-a Lago
How big is that subset? 20% of Republicans, 30%?

Almost sounds like it is then inevitable that Trump will win the primary if he has such an insane floor. Especially since it doesn't look like DeSantis can eat into the Pence, Christie voters. So your efforts, and those of the DeSantis pumpers is just to set yourselves up for one big I told you so. Cool.

Oh and I'm curious is this rabid base stupid or ignorant? Just want to know why DeSantis hasn't been able to win them over. I mean do they even know that DeSantis won his governor race in Florida by 20 points!!!
Science Denier
AG

texagbeliever said:

He fights just as much as trump, except he's recently much more successful at it. Trump has a literal supermodel for a wife, not sure what that point is about. DeSantis literally grew up blue collar, trump didn't. He just pretends to be.

So again, what do moderates support that aligns with trump more than DeSantis?
Trump's policies favor America first. He drew support from Unions, historically very pro democrat.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signs anti-union bill into law, calling it 'paycheck protection'
While he tried to aim it at Teachers, the bill hits many more than just teachers. That won't go well with the group that loves Trump.

He got more votes than any republican in history. That's proof he aligns with moderates. Can't do that in a national election without pulling massive amounts of moderates across the line.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Phatbob said:

This is not just "out-campaigning". This is an outright stated goal of permanent destruction. We are constantly told on this board that we should not be disparaging Trump when we point out his shortcomings, because he might be the nominee. There is 1 person in this race who is out to destroy conservatives. Again, I get sick of people pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
Makes him look like a mole, doesn't it?
Science Denier
AG
Phatbob said:

Science Denier said:

Science Denier said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

SHE
IS
NOT
ON
TRUMP'S
TEAM

VERY
FAKE
NEWS

Your inability to read the actual text of the articles being discussed constantly amazes me.
You mean, the texts that says
Quote:

Trump campaign not hiring far-right activist Laura Loomer
And
Quote:

The Trump campaign is not hiring Laura Loomer, a far-right activist with a history of making incendiary anti-Muslim comments, an official confirmed to The Hill.
And
Quote:

In a post responding to the news that she was not being hired, Loomer accused Trump aides of leaking conversations to the press to discredit her and to undermine the former president.

Seems clear to me, by actually reading the actual text of the article. How do you actually read that?
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

texagbeliever said:

How big is that subset? 20% of Republicans, 30%?

Almost sounds like it is then inevitable that Trump will win the primary if he has such an insane floor. Especially since it doesn't look like DeSantis can eat into the Pence, Christie voters. So your efforts, and those of the DeSantis pumpers is just to set yourselves up for one big I told you so. Cool.

Oh and I'm curious is this rabid base stupid or ignorant? Just want to know why DeSantis hasn't been able to win them over. I mean do they even know that DeSantis won his governor race in Florida by 20 points!!!
Why did they vote in Fetterman in PA? People make poor choices all the time, I couldn't begin to tell you why. The Trump supporters I personally know absolutely are creepy about it and only believe anything if it comes through his propaganda. I know that may not be a representative sample, though, as there are people like that for just about everything.

I do not think it is inevitable for Trump to get the nomination, but he definitely has an advantage from the beginning, which is where we are now. We will see if that advantage can get him past 50% of his own party...
LMCane
cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

cevans_40 said:

Phatbob said:

Quote:

And naturally, you believe him
They don't just quote him, they quote the Trump camp as well.
The member of Trumps camp that doesn't have a name?

I think she has a name:

So this photo means she is part of his camp?
joe crombie

Quote:

He got more votes than any republican in history. That's proof he aligns with moderates. Can't do that in a national election without pulling massive amounts of moderates across the line.
I don't think he pulled moderates. If anything he turns off moderates. He pulls in new voters who love the Trump Show but also costs the GOP places like Arizona and Georgia. Has he actually helped the GOP in elections post 16? I'd argue he has done more harm and people who don't like him are never going to vote for him. So I doubt there will be much change in 24.
LMCane
Trump is now indicted in four jurisdictions facing over 100 felonies.

at the SAME TIME, according to Loomer, Trump spent FIVE HOURS with her this past weekend when he could have been campaigning.

but sure, she has nothing to do with his team.
Phatbob
AG

Quote:

Filipkowski said he is in contact with far-right activist Laura Loomer and people affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign. It's not to boost Trump (whom he has been agitating against since the 2020 campaign) but to upend their mutual enemy: DeSantis.

The article directly says something you claimed it doesn't say.

Quote:

"I'm probably the top anti-DeSantis person on Twitter. So if [rivals] have something anti-DeSantis that they want to get into the mainstream, they'll send it to me," Filipkowski said, without disclosing the name of anyone on the Trump campaign he's worked with. The Trump campaign declined to comment.

How hard is it to deny something like that? It takes 2 seconds to deny it if it didn't happen. I get it, that isn't proof, but also leaves just the word of Filipkowski and Pro Trump Loomer, whom Trump considers important enough to meet with individually.
joe crombie
Loomer has had ****** plastic surgery. Why?

She looked fine pre surgery.

The truth is though Trump is all about Trump. His values have aligned with GOP values but don't kid yourself. Trump would sell the rest of American to the arabs, chicomms, norks, and russkies if he could be king of manhattan. Anyone who doesn't think Trump holds Trump as no. 1 and everything else is last place, is in denial. The only thing that will keep him from burning down the GOP in the general if he fails to get the nom, is convincing him it is in his best interest for a GOP win even if it is not him (and it really is).
Phatbob
AG
Ron beats Don said:

Why do crazy people do anything?
Science Denier
AG
Phatbob said:

Quote:

Filipkowski said he is in contact with far-right activist Laura Loomer and people affiliated with Donald Trump's campaign. It's not to boost Trump (whom he has been agitating against since the 2020 campaign) but to upend their mutual enemy: DeSantis.

Quote:

"I'm probably the top anti-DeSantis person on Twitter. So if [rivals] have something anti-DeSantis that they want to get into the mainstream, they'll send it to me," Filipkowski said, without disclosing the name of anyone on the Trump campaign he's worked with. The Trump campaign declined to comment.

How hard is it to deny something like that? It takes 2 seconds to deny it if it didn't happen. I get it, that isn't proof, but also leaves just the word of Filipkowski and Pro Trump Loomer, whom Trump considers important enough to meet with individually.

LMAO!!

OK. Loomer doesn't want DeSantis to win. AND she met with Trump.

I do agree with your actual fact that you posted,
Quote:

I get it, that isn't proof,
Let me ask something else. Was the Trump campaign actually asked to comment?
Phatbob
AG
Science Denier said:

Phatbob said:

Quote:

Quote:

LMAO!!

Quote:

For someone who reposts anti-Desantis attack pieces by Media Matters, you have an awfully selective standard for believing articles.
joe crombie
Phatbob said:

Ron beats Don said:

Why do crazy people do anything?
True. She is a wingnut grifter but still she was reasonably attractive before. I hadn't seen her in a long time.
Science Denier
AG
Phatbob said:

Science Denier said:

Phatbob said:

Quote:

Quote:

LMAO!!

Quote:

For someone who reposts anti-Desantis attack articles by Media Matters, you have an awfully selective standard for believing articles.
I believe actual facts. I post actual facts. You know, facts like Trump didn't put this chick on his team. Verifiable facts.

Or facts that DeSantis overturned the will of the people in modifying their bill to take away border patrol and MLB players benefits of the states minimum wage law. And that MLB gave him lots of campaign contributions. You know, verifiable facts. I also agree with the facts that those were consistent with the federal minimum wage guidelines, but Florida voted to ignore those in the bill that they put together and voted overwhelmingly yes to.

I believe that Loomer calls this dude occasionally. I never stated anything contrary. That's a fact verified in the article.

But none of the other wild TDS induced imagination posted in this thread are real.
ttu_85
Funky Winkerbean said:

Well, if Mr Flipkowski the admitted troll said it, it has to be true. TDS has ruined you.
All the Trumpers have left is "TDS" this "TDS" that. That **** is beyond old and stupid. Get some new material.

Trump brought on this recent backlash from the right by not being a team player. That jackass only cares for himself and the cult is too blind to see it.
Phatbob
AG
It's a verified fact that you repost Media Matters articles and have selective perception based on your TDS.
The Banned
texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

The irony of course is Trump has lived a truly privileged and elite lifestyle his entire life. DeSantis is pure middle class and spent 20 years paying off college loans.

I understand how people get manipulated to think Trump can relate to them and cares about them but neither is true. Perception is reality though for many and it's a little sad. Trump would have made a great Roman Emperor with bread and circuses to distract the mob.
So what. Trump clearly can relate and resonate with middle class Americans. That isn't debatable. I can relate with people who aren't my same race, religion and socio economic status. I posses this thing called empathy. Trump is either the greatest actor of all time (30 year running gig) or he also is very gifted in empathy.

Note on Trump's likeability. He is referenced in many sitcoms. Michael Scott has a "You're fired" joke in the office. Trump is in Home Alone 2. If he wasn't generally liked or seen positively he wouldn't have kept being written into shows as references. Now that of course stopped post 2015.

Trump is a salesman. You've been sold. Not until you work on a sales team (primarily transactional business vs repeat customers) do you realize just how good salesman can be at hiding their contempt for their customer.

Think bud light. Until 6 months ago, that was a working man's beer. Now look at them. Bud light didn't change. They just finally stopped lying about who they are.

Desantis literally lived the life most of us on this board did. he is one of the few, if not only, politicians that didn't massively enrich themselves while in DC when he, unlike trump, had every incentive to do so.

But these are all emotional back and forths. The real argument should be policy and future outlook. Trump with 4 years fighting every indictment on the planet and who knows how many other bs schemes the Dems come up with after failing to drain the swamp, or desantis who has absolutely crushed some-ism and the dens, create a conservative safe haven for people to flee to for refuge from their blue state.
Science Denier
AG
Phatbob said:

It's a verified fact that you repost Media Matters articles and have selective perception based on your TDS.
I post articles from all over, not just MM. If they are factual, I post.

I know those with TDS hate certain facts, but I can't help that. Facts are facts.
Tanya 93
Strange how 35 year old songs are completely relevant right now.

Phatbob
AG
Science Denier said:

Phatbob said:

I know those with TDS hate certain facts, but I can't help that. Facts are facts.
Except for facts in this article, not those facts?
Texas velvet maestro
when it comes to Floridian Indian Leg-Wrestling, I got Loomer over Wasserman-schultz.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
ttu_85 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Well, if Mr Flipkowski the admitted troll said it, it has to be true. TDS has ruined you.
All the Trumpers have left is "TDS" this "TDS" that. That **** is beyond old and stupid. Get some new material.

Trump brought this on this recent backlash from the right by not being a team player. That jackass only cares for himself and the cult is too blind to see.

Thanks. I'm glad you were able to bring ad hom attacks. Your depth is impressive.
texagbeliever
The Banned said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

The irony of course is Trump has lived a truly privileged and elite lifestyle his entire life. DeSantis is pure middle class and spent 20 years paying off college loans.

I understand how people get manipulated to think Trump can relate to them and cares about them but neither is true. Perception is reality though for many and it's a little sad. Trump would have made a great Roman Emperor with bread and circuses to distract the mob.
So what. Trump clearly can relate and resonate with middle class Americans. That isn't debatable. I can relate with people who aren't my same race, religion and socio economic status. I posses this thing called empathy. Trump is either the greatest actor of all time (30 year running gig) or he also is very gifted in empathy.

Note on Trump's likeability. He is referenced in many sitcoms. Michael Scott has a "You're fired" joke in the office. Trump is in Home Alone 2. If he wasn't generally liked or seen positively he wouldn't have kept being written into shows as references. Now that of course stopped post 2015.

Trump is a salesman. You've been sold. Not until you work on a sales team (primarily transactional business vs repeat customers) do you realize just how good salesman can be at hiding their contempt for their customer.

Think bud light. Until 6 months ago, that was a working man's beer. Now look at them. Bud light didn't change. They just finally stopped lying about who they are.

Desantis literally lived the life most of us on this board did. he is one of the few, if not only, politicians that didn't massively enrich themselves while in DC when he, unlike trump, had every incentive to do so.

But these are all emotional back and forths. The real argument should be policy and future outlook. Trump with 4 years fighting every indictment on the planet and who knows how many other bs schemes the Dems come up with after failing to drain the swamp, or desantis who has absolutely crushed some-ism and the dens, create a conservative safe haven for people to flee to for refuge from their blue state.
Yeah Trump clearly is just conning me. That is why he was: spied on by Obama post election, censored by social media, hoaxes brought against him by DOJ & FBI, hoaxes brought against his closest allies (Flynn and Stone), impeached under bogus accusations, and now under several indictments with the left hellbent on having him put in jail for the crime of being on the right. But yeah I see he is really just out that making big money and getting a big laugh all at my expense. The FACTS don't support Trump being this profiteering con-man unless you do some crazy 34-D chess.

Why is Trump doing any of this if he doesn't actually care about the fate of Americans? It makes zero sense. He is poorer. His family is target numero uno. He could have easily of been on the winning left side but instead he put a giant target on his back when he ran against Clinton. You'd have to think he is the dumbest person on the planet to justify believing he is just conning Americans. Or you ignore all the facts that don't fit your moral disposition of the guy because he is crude, and not suitable for church.
Science Denier
AG
The Banned said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

1. People have been going to Florida to retire for decades, well before DeSantis landed there. It's a retirement place. They have always attracted alot of the US population. Since older people tend to vote conservative, it's always been a place where more conservatives move.

2. More people are moving to Texas than Florida. I wouldn't say Abbott is "crushing it".
Aggie Apotheosis
texagbeliever said:

The Banned said:

texagbeliever said:

aggie93 said:

texagbeliever said:

Why is Trump doing any of this if he doesn't actually care about the fate of Americans?

First time around it was to increase the value/awareness of his brand. He was as surprised as anybody that he won, particularly after the "grabbing women by their vaginas" tape came out.

Second time around it's because he scared of going to jail.
Jeeper79
AG
I feel like so much of what MAGA calls TDS is really just clarity, and the real TDS is coming from inside the MAGA camp.
Science Denier
AG
Phatbob said:

Science Denier said:

Phatbob said:

Except for facts in this article, not those facts?
Uh, I agree with the fact in this article. And I stated exactly thaqt.

Loomer occasional talks to this lib. Neither want DeSantis to win.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.