"Snow White" actress has crocodile tears over backlash

12,086 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ag with kids
Deputy Travis Junior
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is by far the best post on the thread. Grand ****ing slam
C@LAg
BadMoonRisin said:

How so? Im not doubting you, Im just genuinely curious.

I would think that mass media was as popular back in those days, at least now compared to social media.

A young star or starlet saying a dumb thing that goes viral on social media these days could spell a multi-million dollar loss for the company that employs them. Wouldn't think the impact would be as large in the early 1900s.
If you are really interested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_system_(filmmaking)

Movie studios would select promising young actors and glamorise and create personas for them, often inventing new names and even new backgrounds.

Studio executives, public relations staffs, and agents worked together with the actor to create a star persona and cover up incidents or lifestyles that would damage the star's public image. It was common, for example, to arrange sham dates between single (male) stars and starlets to generate publicity. Tabloids and gossip columnists would be tipped off, and photographers would appear to capture the romantic moment. Tabloids reported star's drug use, drinking problems, divorce, or adultery.
Squadron7
AG
Hey…could be worse. They could have cast a dude.
Love Gun
**** Joe Biden
TX04Aggie
AG
I didnt know Greta Thunberg's mom was an alcoholic…
deddog
AG
i-miss-the-republic said:

Furlock Bones said:

What is funny and sad about what she said in that interview was one of the exact reasons the critical drinker was talking about with the strong female character sucks. Everything for the strong female character is a self actualization routine.

Critical Drinker is great. Tells it like it is with no BS. Highly recommend.
Wow, that was awesome!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Still have a hard time wrapping my head around around a 22 year old ****ting all over what is widely hailed as one of if not the greatest animated movies of all time, and the movie that literally started Walt Disney's feature length animation.
kalltamu
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Still have a hard time wrapping my head around around a 22 year old ****ting all over what is widely hailed as one of if not the greatest animated movies of all time, and the movie that literally started Walt Disney's feature length animation.

I don't disagree. The whole point in reboots, sequels, live action remakes most of the time is to capitalize on the existing fanbase for a movie or TV show. In what world does it make sense to crap on the inherent advantage a remake has.

A lot of people dislike the concept but the reason they just got through putting out the 10th Fast and Furious movie is because there is a built in fanbase that will buy a ticket no matter what. Same for Mission Impossible, James Bond, Rocky, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and however many others there are.

They can change things, modify parts of them, and even make them more "modern" but you don't crap on the previously successful movies that will be the basis for your movies success. Tom Cruise jumped out of a plane to do a promo for the seventh Mission Impossible movie to get the core fanbase hyped up to go buy a ticket.... he didn't crap on the earlier ones when he was trying to build upon the success of the earlier movies.

I really think someone needs to remind Disney and some of these actors and actresses.... if your movie doesn't make any money or your studio keeps losing money hand over fist you will be replaced by someone or something that does. The movie business and its participants are not immune to the effects of capitalism.

The question I won't be able to stop myself from asking is that even if this movie makes money... how much more could it have made with the exact same movie if this movie is marketed differently.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Might as well change it to "Who is the wokest of them all?"
HoustonAg2106
AG
BallerStaf2003
AG
Pretty much the exact definition of someone too woke.

She is so smug and unlikable. This movie is gonna tank like you all though Barbie would.
deddog
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Pretty much the exact definition of someone too woke.

She is so smug and unlikable. This movie is gonna tank like you all though Barbie would.

Barbie wasn't Disney. It also wasn't a reboot

Disney's lost almost a billion dollars because of their crappy woke reboots of classics ( there's a separate thread in this)
BlueSmoke
Nobody cares. Work Harder
EclipseAg
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Right .. the question is, did she do this on her own, and Iger and his minions are squirming in their seats? Or was she prepped with these types of message points, and Disney is actively trying to separate itself from past glories?

In a sane world, I would say she was a loose cannon and Iger is furious. But seeing what we've seen from Disney over the past 10 years or so, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was some grand plan to disassociate from Walt and his achievements.
2wealfth Man
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

your key point is 22 year old; probably been wokified from the womb. Her twitter (or X) handle has her preferred pronouns
FrioAg 00
AG
Well - she wanted to be part of rewriting the Snow White story.

Mission accomplished - she now has us all pulling for the witch, and hoping Prince Charming won't wake the b**** up with a kiss (maybe one of the non-dwarfs has a hot sister)

good nuggets
AG
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Nanomachines son said:

TheBonifaceOption said:

In what world is this attractive?

None of these women are attractive, at all. They aren't even average. I have never seen a woman in real life with wide set eyes. It's like they are purposely going after people with fetal alcohol syndrome or something.

flakrat
AG
So what did she say about the original? The typical woke and everything is racist garbage?
Tergdor
AG
agent-maroon said:

FCBlitz said:

Nanomachines son said:

TheBonifaceOption said:

None of these women are attractive, at all. They aren't even average. I have never seen a woman in real life with wide set eyes. It's like they are purposely going after people with fetal alcohol syndrome or something.

The upper right hand one is super attractive. She is in Queens Gambit and Peaky Blinders and is a knockout in both.
Anya Taylor-Joy. Did a google image search and didn't find any pics that I found attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess

She usually looks worse in pictures. I would call her attractive, but not conventionally attractive.

It helps that she's very good at acting. She grows on you, I guess.
ts5641
This is the kind of actor we will have now and in the future. Gen Z'ers with massive narcissism and woke ideology. It's going to make movie going so much fun.
Cromagnum
AG
sleepybeagle said:

Nanomachines son said:

TheBonifaceOption said:

I like to segment overall beauty to 4 attributes. Some girls may have all 4 qualities, some excel at just one or two.

Prettiness - Outward overall appearance: face, figure, hair
Cuteness - Childlike, youthful, delicateness
Sexiness - Attractive alluring qualities that pull you to them.
Attractiveness - Ineffable quality's of interest, that is personality, intelligence, femininity, athletic ability, etc...

I too see how someone would find Zegler pretty, but I do not find her sexy or attractive at all.

Well, those 3 women have none of those 4 categories.
Bag
AG

SuhrThang
Dat forehead be too big!
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
KC Aggie
AG
It's a trap!
"Morons. I've got morons on my team."
A Net Full of Jello
AG
flakrat said:

So what did she say about the original? The typical woke and everything is racist garbage?
She said that it's no longer 1938 and the movie needs to move with the times. Snow White doesn't want to fall in love and instead if pursuing being the leader her dad pushed her to be. She said that in the original, Snow White is saved by a prince who stalked her (seriously, where did she get that from?) and in this one, there is no saving prince. "Snow White wont be dreaming of true love or be saved by her stalker. That's weird." - or something along those lines.

She said there is a man in the film, but she suspects he will end up on the cutting room floor instead of the finished product.

Instead of "who's the fairest one of all" the question has apparently become "Who will be the most just of all" which makes no sense. If the queen was really worried that Snow White was going to be more just, simply change how you rule. At least being vain and jealous of Snow White's beauty made sense of her actions (though I admit to often wondering why she didn't just change her looks to be more attractive since she could change herself ugly, but that's a discussion for another time).

"Really, what's important is she finds her voice." Which is weird because Snow White was never the silent type. She had the good sense to run away, which is more than can be said for Cinderella. And she knew she needed to earn her keep at the dwarf's cottage so she worked hard there, all while being gentle and kind.

And then, as she was on the picket line during this strike that few Americans actually care about, she said that if she had to stand around for hours in a princess dress, she should be paid for ever second it is streamed online. Because, you know, standing around in a dress getting paid millions deserves even more money than she was originally paid (as her contract stated) and her comments aren't at all tone-deaf in a society where many Americans are having to cut their budget in numerous ways just to feed their family.
Carlo4
AG
Nailed it. I bet someone out there loves the new Snow White.

hunter2012
AG
Ag with kids
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

Normally I'd say I need to see the T&A first, but...

Nah...
C@LAg
agent-maroon
AG

Apologies if this is the wrong thread or if TA has already dealt with this, but as bad as the casting & portrayal of Snow White is with Ziegler - and make no mistake it IS bad - the casting of the seven dwarfs appears to be much, much worse. Wokeness on flamboyant display with this clown parade.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Iowaggie
AG
agent-maroon said:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread or if TA has already dealt with this, but as bad as the casting & portrayal of Snow White is with Ziegler - and make no mistake it IS bad - the casting of the seven dwarfs appears to be much, much worse. Wokeness on flamboyant display with this clown parade.

Representation is important. This crew represents Portland and San Francisco.

Iowaggie
AG
So Disney exec did reach out to her:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Haha; is that the same guy who did the woke progressive and white supremecist share the same values and became BFFs skit?
Ag with kids
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Haha; is that the same guy who did the woke progressive and white supremecist share the same values and became BFFs skit?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.