Round rock isd

15,065 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BadMoonRisin
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Teachers are mandatory reporters when they suspect abuse. They should be mandatory reporters when it comes to a kid being so mentally unwell they want to cut their tits/dicks off.
And just who is it the teacher mandatorily reports suspected abuse to? The parent (who may well be the abuser), or administrators trained for just this thing?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
BadMoonRisin said:

Teachers are mandatory reporters when they suspect abuse. They should be mandatory reporters when it comes to a kid being so mentally unwell they want to cut their tits/dicks off.

Why don't the parents already know?
rich1232
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I'd agree with that line of questioning...

Why do you, Mrs. Teacher, have such knowledge? What questions were you asking? What lessons were you teaching? What stories were you sharing? Why did my kid feel comfortable talking about this subject to you and only you?

Those are important questions indeed.

Is (female's student name) here today?

Student-I'm here, I go by (generally male name).

Don't over complicate it, sometimes the simple answer is the answer.
nai06
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Mandatory reporting means calling DFPS, not the parents.
Tanya 93
Prexys Moon said:

nai06 said:

I'll preface this by saying I fully understand this is anecdotal:

I had a gay student once and her girlfriend was outed her girlfriend's parents by someone at the school

When her girlfriend's parents found out they beat the **** out her. The two kids made a suicide pact and my student slit her wrist in the class after mine.

My student survived and was placed into a psychiatric treatment facility. I hope she is doing okay today but I honestly don't know. She had a full ride scholarship but after the suicide attempt, she never came back to my campus and all of her teachers and staff were threatened with disciplinary and legal action if we had any contact with her outside of school (she was 18 when this happened).

I guess my point is that this sort of thing isn't always as simple as it looks on the surface. People (especially kids) aren't rational when it comes to their emotions and actions. This is a topic that is deeply personal and sensitive to both parents and student and something teachers are given zero training on. If a student comes out as trans or nonbinary at school, I don't believe it's the teachers place to make that call home.

oh ffs. give me a break. The parent has a right to know, period. The schools need to stick to teaching basics instead of helping kids change their sex.

If a teacher thinks the kid will be physically beaten, do the parents still need to kno
BadMoonRisin
AG
Tanya. Yes. Parents need to know whats going on with their children.

You supposing that they will be beaten is not an excuse. Parents need to know what's going on with their children. Especially if their children are only "non-binary" at school. Because that's where this is going. "You're a girl at school, but a boy at home".

You know, grooming behavior.

This wasnt a problem 10 years ago.
Tanya 93
BadMoonRisin said:

You supposing that they will be beaten is not an excuse. Parents need to know what's going on with their children. Especially if their children are only "non-binary" at school. Because that's where this is going. "You're a girl at school, but a boy at home".

Sorry not sorry that I don't think kids should be beaten.

And you are nuts if you think it won't happen
JB99
AG
B-1 83 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

And just who is it the teacher mandatorily reports suspected abuse to? The parent (who may well be the abuser), or administrators trained for just this thing?

They are provided training on how to report things and handle different situations
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

If that's your belief, then why leave kids in the hands of their parents at all? If parents can't be trusted to raise their kids, then they shouldn't have the responsibility to do so, right? Just have the government raise them.
B-1 83
AG
JB99 said:

B-1 83 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

They are provided training on how to report things and handle different situations
I'm sitting across the table from two teachers that say not only "No!", but "Hell no!" they wouldn't call a parent about the subject matter in the OP. Both agree that it goes up the line, and they are not trained to handle any parental response to the teacher discussing a student's sexuality or "gender confusion". Abuse is another ballgame, and it goes directly to CPS via a report form.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
B-1 83 said:

JB99 said:

B-1 83 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

I'm sitting across the table from two teachers that say not only "No!", but "Hell no!" they wouldn't call a parent about the subject matter in the OP. Both agree that it goes up the line, and they are not trained to handle any parental response to the teacher discussing a student's sexuality or "gender confusion". Abuse is another ballgame, and it goes directly to CPS via a report form.

So they agree they are not trained to handle any parental response. Do they agree they are not trained to handle any response to a student making the claims in the first place?

It just seems insane to me that some teachers think they are well trained enough to console the student about the issue, but not well trained enough to tell the parents they did so.
TxAgPreacher
S
Old McDonald said:

based
Woe to those who call good evil, and evil good.
TxAgPreacher
S
mjschiller said:

Have Austin hippies moved to Round Rock.
Liberalism is cancer.

It spreads.
B-1 83
AG
I have no doubt there are those who think that, and there lies part of the problem.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Definitely Not A Cop said:

B-1 83 said:

JB99 said:

B-1 83 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

So they agree they are not trained to handle any parental response. Do they agree they are not trained to handle any response to a student making the claims in the first place?

It just seems insane to me that some teachers think they are well trained enough to console the student about the issue, but not well trained enough to tell the parents they did so.

May teachers, I'd say 90%, have no clue how to handle this and will admit it and we send it up the line.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
B-1 83 said:

I have no doubt there are those who think that, and there lies part of the problem.

Totally. That's my big gripe with how schools like RRISD have been handling these situations, is that it empowers those types at the expense of the parent. It should be completely reversed.
Who?mikejones!
B-1 83 said:

JB99 said:

B-1 83 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

So, are they trained enough to simply start calling the student by a new name and pronoun?
B-1 83
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

B-1 83 said:

JB99 said:

B-1 83 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

So, are they trained enough to simply start calling the student by a new name and pronoun?
Only if they're an English teacher…..
JB99
AG
B-1 83 said:

JB99 said:

B-1 83 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

They are not supposed to respond. They are supposed to report and refer any questions to the school counselor.

Example:

Your son Johnny approached me after class and asked that he be called Sally and his new pronoun was she. Just letting you know. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school counselor." Not ****ing hard.
Prexys Moon
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

If that's your belief, then why leave kids in the hands of their parents at all? If parents can't be trusted to raise their kids, then they shouldn't have the responsibility to do so, right? Just have the government raise them.
that's the leftist endgame. it takes a village. the government can raise them better than their evil narrow minded parents. They really believe that.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6313652632112

Prexys Moon
AG
TxAgPreacher said:

mjschiller said:

Liberalism is cancer.

It spreads.
and it's so obvious how it's spreading out from the leftist hellhole of Austin. Places like RR and Georgetown used to be small typical Texas towns. Now they are filling quickly with idiot feel good leftists. Even Fredericksburg is getting there. Went to enchanted rock a few months ago and saw more than one family with little kids, in masks, going up the rock. Utter insanity.
Prexys Moon
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

If you are conservative and in Round Rock, time to consider a move to Georgetown or even further out to try and keep those areas conservative. Or, move to College Station and keep Aggieland red.
Georgetown is going down the liberal ****pipe as well. Get further out.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

This trans idiocy has no basis in science or logic. It's purely a moral panic driven by social media and kids desire to be special when they are just average.

The LGBTQRSTUV+ is just a gay form of religion. Religion has no place in our schools, or so I have been told. Keep it out of schools.

amercer
AG
THE PARENTS NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!?!?!juan11111!!!!?!?

(Or how about not being ****ty parents and taking some responsibility for what's going on in your kids life instead of expecting other people to monitor it for you)
BadMoonRisin
AG
amercer said:

THE PARENTS NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!!?!?!juan11111!!!!?!?

(Or how about not being ****ty parents and taking some responsibility for what's going on in your kids life instead of expecting other people to monitor it for you)
This idiocy is white-liberal-woman driven. The parents know whats going on because they are the ones that are creating it. The insistence on the district having a policy on NOT telling parents is worrying.

It means that it's the teachers that are doing the grooming, and keeping secrets from parents is not a good look, no matter how "progressive" you think you are being.
EX TEXASEX
mjschiller said:

I am sure it is a mixture of People's Republic of Austin and Cali marxist lib scum
mustang1234
mjschiller said:

yes
Ags4DaWin
Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

It is sad you think teachers are deserving of more trust than parents when it comes to knowing about what their children are going through.

Additionally that kind of attitude is what is wrong with the current educational system and the erosion of parents rights.

Brainwashed Marxist, flawed teachers do not deserve more trust regarding the well being of their children than parents.
Tanya 93
Ags4DaWin said:

Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

It is sad you think teachers are deserving of more trust than parents when it comes to knowing about what their children are going through.

Additionally that kind of attitude is what is wrong with the current educational system and the erosion of parents rights.

Brainwashed Marxist, flawed teachers do not deserve more trust regarding the well being of their children than parents.

If you only knew how many times I reported parents, you would understand why I would not involve myself in telling parents their kids believe they are trans.
B-1 83
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

If you only knew how many times I reported parents, you would understand why I would not involve myself in telling parents their kids believe they are trans.
Quit your whining, teacher! You're just an overpaid babysitter, and it's just a phone call like "Your kid didn't turn in their homework"!!!!!!
Ags4DaWin
Tanya 93 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Just because some parents are bad does not mean the majority of parents are bad and don't deserve the chance to be good parents.

I am not going to get into what you reported the parents for. Because that's not my place.

However ur anecdotal evidence means that you are operating on a skewed sample size.

Additionally an adult telling a child to keep a secret from their parents is the first sign of grooming and abuse and that is what the schools are doing here.
Tanya 93
Ags4DaWin said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Just because some parents are bad does not mean the majority of parents are bad and don't deserve the chance to be good parents.

I am not going to get into what you reported the parents for. Because that's not my place.

However ur anecdotal evidence means that you are operating on a skewed sample size.

Additionally an adult telling to keep a secret from their parents is the first sign of grooming and abuse.

Over 40 calls and kids with broken ribs and black eyes and starved over a weekend?
You make choices to protect kids from an overworked and underpaid system.
ShaggySLC
Where is that? Is that normal for districts?
taxpreparer
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Tanya 93 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Additionally an adult telling to keep a secret from their parents is the first sign of grooming and abuse.

Over 40 calls and kids with broken ribs and black eyes and starved over a weekend?
You make choices to protect kids from an overworked and underpaid system.

Should we counter this with the number of stories of teachers of both sexes having sex with their students? Until a parent is found to be abusive, they should be informed of their child's abnormal behavior.
Who?mikejones!
Pre-crime. Nice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.