Round rock isd

14,022 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by BadMoonRisin
Agthatbuilds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This deserves its own thread

RRisd thinks it knows better than you. Time to remove this mistress beating super from here though I have little hope of the voter doing anything.

This is the same school district where last year they sent home a girl for saying she was uncomfortable with a guy changing in her locker room, btw.
Rapier108
They also love to send their police officers to arrest parents who disagree with them.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Old McDonald
based
dreyOO
Old McDonald said:

based
in evil
inconvenient truth
The state thanks you for your contribution. You've done your job breeder, we'll take it from here.
Jack Squat 83
AG
I guess our state leg didn't get around to adopting a version or copy of the FL Parental Bill of Rights?

If not, when is the next special session? You can't give these leftists an inch, especially since they're coming at the normal folk fast and furiously, emboldened by the whacks currently running the Fed level. When you have the power you better fight fire with fire, like yesterday.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Round Rock ISD school board meetings.

Bob Lee
AG
We're being compelled to fund this. We really need a voucher system.
mjschiller
AG
Have Austin hippies moved to Round Rock.
Marvin J. Schiller
Jack Squat 83
AG
Unless they are continuing to send the SS after the disobedient, MAGA, white-supremacist, bigoted parents then those folks need to raise a major stink, who knows it might make a difference:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/california-school-board-member-parental-rights-policy-gender-identity-parents-voices-being-heard#&_intcmp=fnhpriver_15

ETA: yea I know it's Fox, but I'm thinking CNN/MSNBC/ABC weren't going to inform us about this.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Captain Pablo
AG
Didn't RRISD voters have an opportunity to throw a bunch of liberals off the school board recently, and failed to do so?

So yeah, they voted for this
ts5641
Cannot stress enough how important it is to be involved in these ISD board elections. Get involved and vet the candidates. This is how we stop this. Get enough conservative board members and they'll fire any clown like this superintendent.
B-1 83
AG
It's a teacher's job to teach. It's not their job to inform parents about their kid's sexuality one way or another……. Can't have it both ways.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
BMX Bandit
B-1 83 said:

It's a teacher's job to teach. It's not their job to inform parents about their kid's sexuality one way or another……. Can't have it both ways.

With all due respect, what a load of BS

You can "have it both ways". Working with parents to help a child in no way impairs the ability to teach. And yes, a trans child does need help.
Agthatbuilds
Is that a joke?
Agthatbuilds
Yes. We did.

I did vote against all the progressive candidates.

Iirc, the right leaning ones banded together but also has some candidates that would be clearly hard for many to vote for. A little too much, is how I guess I'd describe it. I personally still voted for that block.

But, we're too close to austin. We've been overrun with democrats. I dont think we will be winning any school board elections any time soon.
Danimal
AG
Well said 83
The Banned
B-1 83 said:

How far are we willing to go with this? Teacher can't tell a parent their kid is pregnant? Teacher can't tell the parent the kid has depressed/suicidal thoughts? Teacher can't tell a parent when is befriending the wrong kind of kids (drugs, gangs, whatever)?
Bobaloo
"Where liberalism flourishes, misery follows." -Rush Limbaugh
doubledog
B-1 83 said:

If a teacher sees signs of abuse, they are obliged to report it.
If a teacher sees evidence of a serious (mental) illness that has been left untreated, they are obliged to report it.

agent-maroon
AG
doubledog said:

B-1 83 said:

If a teacher sees evidence of a serious (mental) illness that has been left untreated, they are obliged to report it.
Frame it in the context of possible abuse suspicions due to a change in behavior and report it. Met your obligation to report and transferred that obligation to the professionals who deal with these sort of issues as their primary responsibility.

ETA - I don't think a teacher making a direct contact with the parent(s) is a good idea. Having a talk with the student's counselor would be a better place to start. It's possible that the student "comes out" to every teacher they have just to gauge their response and/or manipulate them. A counselor would be more likely to have some insight for that particular student. If that isn't a productive conversation maybe then a call to the abuse hotline would be in order. Everything in the context of concern for the student as they have issues of some kind that will most likely need some support.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FTAG 2000
AG
B-1 83 said:

The problem is some of these teachers and administrators are grooming and brainwashing the children. If only they were just teaching.
Fat Black Swan
AG
inconvenient truth said:

The state thanks you for your contribution. You've done your job breeder, we'll take it from here.
doubledog
agent-maroon said:

doubledog said:

B-1 83 said:

Frame it in the context of possible abuse suspicions due to a change in behavior and report it. Met your obligation to report and transferred that obligation to the professionals who deal with these sort of issues as their primary responsibility.

ETA - I don't think a teacher making a direct contact with the parent(s) is a good idea. Having a talk with the student's counselor would be a better place to start. It's possible that the student "comes out" to every teacher they have just to gauge their response and/or manipulate them. A counselor would be more likely to have some insight for that particular student. If that isn't a productive conversation maybe then a call to the abuse hotline would be in order. Everything in the context of concern for the student as they have issues of some kind that will most likely need some support.
This.. Thank you...
frenchtoast
Wouldn't most parents have a clue that this was going on with their child without having to hear about it from a teacher?
BallerStaf2003
AG
This is crazy to me.
Mule_lx
AG
I was going to say that we needed more context and to lower your pitchforks. The don't tell another staff member bothers me though.

If this was teacher training, I agree. Not a teacher role or responsibility. They're not trained and have no experience. They don't have any clue about the home life. I believe a teacher should be free to discuss it with a counselor though.

Counselors and trained and experienced. They have access to much more info about the kid and their home life. The counselor should make the call not the teacher.
TAMU1990
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. We did.

Iirc, the right leaning ones banded together but also has some candidates that would be clearly hard for many to vote for. A little too much, is how I guess I'd describe it. I personally still voted for that block.

But, we're too close to austin. We've been overrun with democrats. I dont think we will be winning any school board elections any time soon.

I grew up in Williamson county and it's sad what has happened to RR and to the west. Hutto is holding on barely. The east side is still somewhat safe until Samsung makes Taylor/Thrall/ Granger etc explode.

Liberals have infected Williamson county because they don't make enough money to live in Travis county. Too bad we can't send them back. I remember the days when if you committed a crime in Williamson it was automatic maximum sentences or the death penalty.
Logos Stick
I thought that was illegal?
B-1 83
AG
agent-maroon said:

doubledog said:

B-1 83 said:

I can go with this, but it is NOT the teacher's job to contact parents either way about a child's sexuality. There are people paid to do that. The same folks that scream about teachers being overpaid baby sitters that anyone could do their jobs are now saying the teacher should meet with parents about a child's sexuality and be a counselor too……..fascinating.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Logos Stick
B-1 83 said:

I agree, but making a policy that prevents teachers from doing so is wrong imo. It is a mental illness. If the kid was depressed - mental illness - and contemplating suicide, should teachers be prevented from discussing that with parents?
TAMU1990
AG
frenchtoast said:

Wouldn't most parents have a clue that this was going on with their child without having to hear about it from a teacher?

Not if the teacher is pushing it in school and the kids are participating because it's a fad. That obviously is a wide range of behavior. There are kids who only dress differently at school because teachers keep clothing at school for the kids to change into. And yes, this is happening.
BMX Bandit
No, that's not what people are saying, and I suspect you know that

If a teacher is concerned about a student because they are trying to be transgender, having a policy that the teacher cannot contact the parent is absolutely asinine.
SuhrThang
I always heard that "Those who can, DO, Those who can't, TEACH"
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
ttu_85
Agthatbuilds said:

Yes. We did.

RR used to be nice but its been declining for a long time. My kids graduated in the late 00's and even then I had to watch what was being taught.

Unfortunately I have to agree RR is a lost cause. The new battle ground is the Georgetown-Liberty Hill area.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.