BOW they're going after Ice Cube....

8,963 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadMoonRisin
Fall92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tell me you never watched Straight Outta Compton (or listened to it), without telling me you never watched Straight Outta Compton.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Urban Ag
AG
LarryElder said:

AGHouston11 said:

Larry Elder did a whole show on it a couple of years ago. ICE plays the grew up in Compton and how tough his high school was. He has it in his music etc about the hard life etc.

The difference is Larry Elder actually did. Ice did not.

He did a side by side of how they grew up.

Yep of course that's why i posted the truth on page 1 for some reason that was met with animosity and being called a white liberal really odd
You're a white guy, most likely out in the suburbs, claiming Cube is not street enough.

LMFAO

maverick2076
Zachary Klement said:

LarryElder said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Cube alleges that the NBA has blackballed him with the tv networks and the advertisers. Says they are trying to kill his off-season start-up basketball league.

My question is ...

Does this coordinated attack on a black-owned business run afoul of the NBA, networks, and major advertisers position on DEI?

And if not, why not?
yes the NBA is worried about an obscure 3 on 3 league...yall believe this?
I could definitely see them making a concerted effort to keep it off the air.

I think because of the time period they play, it would directly compete with the WNBA which the NBA subsidizes...Cube said they play at different times, but if someone has the itch to scratch to watch hoops, they would probably tune in to this over the WNBA. It could also impact summer league viewership I would assume.

If someone wants to watch hoops, they'll watch Space Jam over the WNBA.
Squadron7
AG
So, to review:

Ice Cube is not to be listened to because he didn't have the actual hard scrabble background that Larry Elder, who is not to be listened to, did.
Whirligigs
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

CrackerJackAg said:

Brittmoore Car Club said:

Yep. Listened to that episode the other day and concluded they about to come hard after Ice Cube.

He went off on covid vaccine and dumping a movie because they were going to force hime to take it.

He went hard on the NBA trying to black ball his 3on3 league.

It's a good episode and worth the listen.
Hearing Rogan tell Cube that, per Douglas Murray, obsession with gender and gender confusion is usually basically the canary in the coal mine for civilizations on the verge of collapse is something I never thought I would witness in my life. I don't know why, but that part of the convo made me chuckle and pinch myself...as someone who was hiding Ice Cube's cassette tapes from my mom back in the 90's.

Yep, gender confusion is why civilizations fall.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. No civilization has ever fallen for that reason. Hell, it's probably hardly ever existed before on any meaningful level.

If only the damn Byzantines & Persians wouldn't have been so focused on battling for gender identity they could've taken out the Arabs. So stupid….

Think harder. I'll give you a hint…

:large

We're not at hard times yet.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

Yep. Listened to that episode the other day and concluded they about to come hard after Ice Cube.

He went off on covid vaccine and dumping a movie because they were going to force hime to take it.

Hearing Rogan tell Cube that, per Douglas Murray, obsession with gender and gender confusion is usually basically the canary in the coal mine for civilizations on the verge of collapse is something I never thought I would witness in my life. I don't know why, but that part of the convo made me chuckle and pinch myself...as someone who was hiding Ice Cube's cassette tapes from my mom back in the 90's.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. No civilization has ever fallen for that reason. Hell, it's probably hardly ever existed before on any meaningful level.

If only the damn Byzantines & Persians wouldn't have been so focused on battling for gender identity they could've taken out the Arabs. So stupid….

Canaries dying isn't what causes all of your miners to die. You are mistaken about this.
_mpaul
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

No one said anything about causation. The canary didn't cause the build-up of poisonous gas.

Having listened to him frequently, I'm pretty confident Douglas Murray is a whole lot smarter than you. And for that matter, me. But keep thinking you've got it all figured it out.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
_mpaul
AG
Squadron7 said:

So, to review:

Ice Cube is not to be listened to because he didn't have the actual hard scrabble background that Larry Elder, who is not to be listened to, did.
So is Ice Cube now the double-black face of white supremacy? Hard to keep up.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hilarious that the guy deleted the original tweet.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Didn't Larry Elder run for mayor of LA and got run out of town for being racist?
_mpaul
AG

Didn't Larry Elder run for mayor of LA and got run out of town for being racist?
He ran for CA Governor and got called the black face of white supremacy by the LA Times.
13B
Whirligigs said:

CrackerJackAg said:

Think harder. I'll give you a hint…

:large

We're not at hard times yet.
The weak are sure trying to get us there in a hurry. We certainly aren't better off than we were 5 years ago.
13B

AGHouston11 said:

AGHouston11 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Larry Elder did a whole show on it a couple of years ago. ICE plays the grew up in Compton and how tough his high school was. He has it in his music etc about the hard life etc.

I remember when Larry Elder had sort of a feud with him after Cube (who seems to be more red pilled nowadays) came out against Trump or something. The main difference was HS if I remember correctly?

Larry Elder grew up in Compton, and Ice Cube grew up very nearby in another South Central neighborhood called Westmont....basically in Inglewood, and close to South Gate, Lynwood, Hawthorne...all rough gang-infested places in the 90's. I like Larry Elder, but it seems silly to split hairs when you're talking about neighboring neighborhoods filled with crime and violence and small homes in South Central LA.

Cube tells stories on Joe Rogan of his upbringing...being harassed by cops when he and his childhood friends were just riding around on bikes etc...friends getting shot to death in gang violence etc.

Maybe Compton is slightly rougher than where he grew up, but to act like he was rich/privileged or say that he "grew up in the burbs" is simply extremely dishonest.

Except Ice Cubes song is ………. "Straight out of COMPTON"

Because 3 of the main dudes in his group (one of which was already a rising star with a solo album) were...from Compton...and he basically grew up across the 105 from Compton and hung around there a lot. I guess "Straight out of Compton, Westmont, and Dallas!" didn't have quite the same ring to it.

I'm not knocking him on his recent turn of events and finally waking up.

But for many many years the real version of his story wasn't really a known thing by most. Him going to a nice school wasn't something he was advertising!

He's played that very well and used it to his advantage.
He's also in the past said a lot of not so great things.
Yeah, it would have been weird to rap about being bussed from the ghetto to a fancy white school. Would have been similar to Phil Anselmo of Pantera doing a heavy metal song about his love for Baskin Robbins or puppy dogs or something. Edginess sells in certain genres.

That being said, the movie "Straight Outta Compton" portrays this. Him getting on his bus at his preppy Woodland Hills High school and going back to the reality of his South Central neighborhood.
Will Smith sort of pulled it off.
AGHouston11
AG
_mpaul said:

He ran for CA Governor and got called the black face of white supremacy by the LA Times.

It was during his run for governor when he made the show contrasting his growing up compared to Ice Cube. He was not trashing Cube. He was pointing out what he actually overcome to get where he is at now.

He did contrast his differences in political view points at the time vs Cube.

California after getting a recall vote re-elected Newsome over Elder. They voted for a rich leftist white guy over a black guy that grew up in the hood and achieved. They deserve the S-hole they created in California. I just wished those that voted for it had to stay there.
_mpaul
AG
I'm not even really sure what we're talking about. No context in the OP, maybe because a **** was deleted?
aglaes
AG

LarryElder said:

Cube grew up rich in the suburbs talk about a grifter.
Huh? Here is his childhood home in South Central LA. He got bussed to one of the nicer schools from what I remember...but I am pretty sure he grew up very working class.

I mean, I get that you feel the urge to white knight for Dylan Mulvaney, but these homes are probably like 1,000-1,500 SF max.

Not exactly the ghetto though
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My grandma lived in Southern California and I swear the landscaping was amazing even in rougher neighborhoods compared to Texas. Trimmed lawns and blooming flowers on every shrub. I mean, not in the worst ghettos but definitely working class and up.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The weather is much nicer for gardening to be a hobby.
BillYeoman

LarryElder said:

Cube alleges that the NBA has blackballed him with the tv networks and the advertisers. Says they are trying to kill his off-season start-up basketball league.

My question is ...

Does this coordinated attack on a black-owned business run afoul of the NBA, networks, and major advertisers position on DEI?

And if not, why not?

Do I believe the NBA wants to keep it's monopoly on the sport and probably thinks it literally owns the sport of basketball?

Yes.

Only an idiot would disagree.
Boozer92
AG
I guess he isn't black enough for you since he had a dad at home.

Take your racist crap elsewhere
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

Now, who do ya love to hate?

Ice Cube

The ***** ya love to hate.

LarryElder
Boozer92 said:

I guess he isn't black enough for you since he had a dad at home.

Take your racist crap elsewhere

Larry elder says the same thing is he racist ?

Stfu
LarryElder
Urban Ag said:

LarryElder said:

AGHouston11 said:

Yep of course that's why i posted the truth on page 1 for some reason that was met with animosity and being called a white liberal really odd
You're a white guy, most likely out in the suburbs, claiming Cube is not street enough.

LMFAO

Lol yes only I say this I posted a link to an article that says the same
jonb02
AG

LarryElder said:

Huh? Here is his childhood home in South Central LA. He got bussed to one of the nicer schools from what I remember...but I am pretty sure he grew up very working class.

I mean, I get that you feel the urge to white knight for Dylan Mulvaney, but these homes are probably like 1,000-1,500 SF max.
I bet half of all posters on this thread couldn't afford this home today. That's what a $650k-$850k home?
91AggieLawyer
AG

I believe Ice Cube is worth $200MM...which certainly equates to FU money. He's a masculine no-nonsense dude who doesn't blindly trust or submit to authority and thinks the modern woke gay this trans that is out of control.

Basically, who TF did this clown think he was this whole time?

White liberal males are pathetic. Glad Cube t-bagged him for the world to see, instead of wasting his time backtracking or trying to explain himself. This is the way.

It may be slightly less than that, which, of course, is nothing to sneeze at. But as long as he's been around and with all the projects that SHOULD be paying him, $200 mil is chump change (as idiotic as that sounds). Hell, investing in the S&P 500 from his salary and royalties from Boyz/Hood alone should have gotten him half of that, even with spending a good amount for a lavish lifestyle. Where did it all go?

Gordon Ramsey, for example, is worth that or more and has been a thing for about half the time Cube has. Besides, Jay-Z is worth 5x that, basically from the same field (sans Hollywood) and it appears that he just made smarter investments.

I'm not worth anywhere near these guys, but whoever has been advising Cube since the early '90s hasn't done his job.
Dimebag Darrell
LarryElder said:

AGHouston11 said:

No, you posted outright lies. Nothing about where he grew up is "burbs". It's like saying someone who lives in 5th Ward but commutes and works in River Oaks is from River Oaks. Just some of the silliest stuff I've ever seen.

You know he's not the first poor black kid from the hood to be bussed to a better school across town right?

Crazy how you keep doubling down. It's weird. Smellin troll.
AndesAg92
AG
LarryElder said:

My question is ...

And if not, why not?

Larry Square clearly found Texags for the special interest forums and not sports.
Dimebag Darrell
91AggieLawyer said:

I believe Ice Cube is worth $200MM...which certainly equates to FU money. He's a masculine no-nonsense dude who doesn't blindly trust or submit to authority and thinks the modern woke gay this trans that is out of control.

Basically, who TF did this clown think he was this whole time?

White liberal males are pathetic. Glad Cube t-bagged him for the world to see, instead of wasting his time backtracking or trying to explain himself. This is the way.

It may be slightly less than that, which, of course, is nothing to sneeze at. But as long as he's been around and with all the projects that SHOULD be paying him, $200 mil is chump change (as idiotic as that sounds). Hell, investing in the S&P 500 from his salary and royalties from Boyz/Hood alone should have gotten him half of that, even with spending a good amount for a lavish lifestyle. Where did it all go?

Gordon Ramsey, for example, is worth that or more and has been a thing for about half the time Cube has. Besides, Jay-Z is worth 5x that, basically from the same field (sans Hollywood) and it appears that he just made smarter investments.

I'm not worth anywhere near these guys, but whoever has been advising Cube since the early '90s hasn't done his job.

Lol, my original info was off a bit, but net worth in 2021 was $130mm…$150mm in 2022..and currently $160mm. I think he's doing alright. And, during the pandemic he turned down a role that would have earned him probably much more than your entire net worth because he refused to get the jab. I've gotta respect that.

But yeah, he doesn't at all seem obsessed with money and fame like Jay Z and other psychopath Uber money obsessed elitists. Seems more grounded and devoted to family. Same spouse since 1992, which I find impressive. Maybe he's comfortable and it's glad to be growing his money, rather than squandering it and/or ending up dead or with a broken life like so many other rappers and rockers?

Cube with family

Jay z with marina abramovic being a demented liberal freak

BTW, Anthony Kiedis is worth less than Ice Cube and has a filthy mansion in Malibu and surfs almost daily. Cube only had a few successful albums 30+ years ago and much less touring and is still worth more. Keep in mind, Cube only made like $35k with NWA. But Anthony Kiedis, what a dumb loser!
jwhaby

AGHouston11 said:

I remember when Larry Elder had sort of a feud with him after Cube (who seems to be more red pilled nowadays) came out against Trump or something. The main difference was HS if I remember correctly?

Larry Elder grew up in Compton, and Ice Cube grew up very nearby in another South Central neighborhood called Westmont....basically in Inglewood, and close to South Gate, Lynwood, Hawthorne...all rough gang-infested places in the 90's. I like Larry Elder, but it seems silly to split hairs when you're talking about neighboring neighborhoods filled with crime and violence and small homes in South Central LA.

Cube tells stories on Joe Rogan of his upbringing...being harassed by cops when he and his childhood friends were just riding around on bikes etc...friends getting shot to death in gang violence etc.

Maybe Compton is slightly rougher than where he grew up, but to act like he was rich/privileged or say that he "grew up in the burbs" is simply extremely dishonest.

Westmont, about half way between Inglewood and Compton. Sounds lovely. I guess you have to grow up in the CBD to not be considered from the "burbs".
beerad12man
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

Eh, I don't agree that directly it's the issue. But, and maybe I'm reaching it, I equate it to the saying that tough times create strong men, strong men create easy times, easy times create weak people, weak people create tough times. "You are here" situation.

Gender confusion is a microcosm for the fact that we have had very easy times, and now are creating weak people. This would never be a thing in the 1800s migrating across the country, or 1940s during the wars. We have had way too many easy times the last few decades. Most people born in the last 40 years don't really know what tough times are. Covid was a walk in the park, yet look at how that affected our younger generations.

It's almost like the country was becoming too good, so now you have to create issues arbitrarily. Covid turning us into what it did was a clear-cut overreaction. Acted like it was small pox that spread to everyone. Now, men becoming women is one of those.
Garrelli 5000
AG
CrackerJackAg said:

Your reading comprehension doesn't lend much weight to the bolded.
Staff - take out the trash.
Dimebag Darrell
aglaes said:

LarryElder said:

Not exactly the ghetto though
It's like the neighborhood depicted in Friday and Boyz n Tha Hood pretty much. Maybe not the worst ghetto out there, but certainly "hood". Lot's of violence and gang activity, especially in the 90's. It's funny to me that people are trying to say Westmont, Inglewood etc. aren't "bad" just because Compton, right down the road was worse.

Maybe not ghetto, but I think we can probably all agree that he is not from "the suburbs" at this point. That was the dumbest claim I have ever seen on here.

BadMoonRisin
AG

LarryElder said:

Damn those yards tho. Nice.
TexasAGGIEinAR
LarryElder said:

My question is ...

And if not, why not?
Yes, I believe this. The NBA is tanking on ratings and revenue and China has them by the bag. Any interest that could be pivoted away from the NBA is a threat; major or minor. Makes perfect sense to me.
Dimebag Darrell
BadMoonRisin said:

LarryElder said:

Damn those yards tho. Nice.
Yep, I'm jealous...bermuda grass out here in the clay soil Houston burbs just ain't it.

It's funny, you can pull up his old home 2155 Van Wick St, Los Angeles, CA 90047 on Zillow...and apparently his dad still lives there. The place looks pretty clean...and I am sure most of those homes are $700-900k now. He still seems to have a solid relationship with his dad, so i am assuming he's the type to not want to take handouts maybe? Would be pretty d*ck if he never offered to help his parents move on up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.