BOW they're going after Ice Cube....

8,800 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadMoonRisin
TxTarpon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All that toxic masculinity.

LarryElder
P.H. Dexippus said:

LarryElder said:

https://spinditty.com/genres/Ice-Cube-Exposed

His whole stchick in his music that he was from the streets

He absolutely did grow up in the burbs how is that not true ?
Is the movie Friday about life in "the burbs" or "the streets", in your expert opinion?

Is Woodland Hills California a. suburb your expert opinion ? That's all I stated and showed proof
atmtws
AG
Charlie Conway
LarryElder said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

LarryElder said:

Is the movie Friday about life in "the burbs" or "the streets", in your expert opinion?

Is Woodland Hills California a. suburb your expert opinion ? That's all I stated and showed proof
you're already in a hole man, stop ****ing digging already
Serious Lee
explain to us like we're 10, how ice cube is a grifter? cause he didnt grow up a gangster?
deddog
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

deddog said:

LarryElder said:

Cube grew up rich in the suburbs talk about a grifter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cube#Early_life

Quote:

Ice Cube was born O'Shea Jackson in Los Angeles on June 15, 1969, the son of hospital clerk and custodian Doris and machinist and UCLA groundskeeper Hosea Jackson

He was bused 40 miles to the suburban school from his home in a high-crime neighborhood

Did you mean "grew up rich" compared to black people ?
Joe, is this you?
He is simply displaying the overt racism that inhabits all liberals. Basically, "He ain't black cause he ain't hood." If you stop for a second and understand what he's implying, it might be the most overtly racist thing I've ever heard.
It's a troll.
C minus troll.
Nothing intelligent or noteworthy. And definitely nothing clever or subtle.
Squadron7
AG
Almost time for a new sock, Larry.
NoahAg
LarryElder said:

Dude, two pages in and you still won't admit you're wrong?
White, racist, progressive leftists are the worst.
AGHouston11
AG
Larry Elder did a whole show on it a couple of years ago. ICE plays the grew up in Compton and how tough his high school was. He has it in his music etc about the hard life etc.

The difference is Larry Elder actually did. Ice did not.

He did a side by side of how they grew up.
rab79
AG
he accomplished his mission
Dimebag Darrell
LarryElder said:

What are you talking about? He was BUSSED 30+ MILES TO AND FROM HIS TINY HOME IN SOUTH CENTRAL LA.

That garbage link just keeps citing a working class 2-parent household as some sort of diss. Back then, you still had a much higher % of black kids growing up with fathers than you see today. It's kind of what Boyz N Tha Hood is about actually...the importance of fathers and strong male role models in the black community.
Dimebag Darrell
Hungry Ojos said:

deddog said:

LarryElder said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cube#Early_life

Quote:

Ice Cube was born O'Shea Jackson in Los Angeles on June 15, 1969, the son of hospital clerk and custodian Doris and machinist and UCLA groundskeeper Hosea Jackson

He was bused 40 miles to the suburban school from his home in a high-crime neighborhood

Did you mean "grew up rich" compared to black people ?
Joe, is this you?
He is simply displaying the overt racism that inhabits all liberals. Basically, "He ain't black cause he ain't hood." If you stop for a second and understand what he's implying, it might be the most overtly racist thing I've ever heard.
"He's one of them "loser blacks" because he had a hard working mother and father who actually cared about him enough to get him out of the South Central LA schools. And worst of all, he's one of them "free thinkin" blacks that we can't control!"
Dimebag Darrell
LarryElder said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

LarryElder said:

You said he "grew up" there. He just went to school there...30-40 miles from his lower class home in a much more dangerous area. Not sure why I am wasting my time with you, this is absurd. How old are you?
NoahAg
Brittmoore Car Club said:

LarryElder said:

P.H. Dexippus said:

LarryElder said:

You said he "grew up" there. He just went to school there...30-40 miles from his lower class home in a much more dangerous area. Not sure why I am wasting my time with you, this is absurd. How old are you?
No kidding. I'm sure there's a lot that Cube and I would disagree on. But claiming he grew up rich is a weird, false accusation. And I'm not even sure how that would be an insult.

But I agree, there is certainly a contingent of race baiters who would charge that Cube is "less black" b/c he had two involved, hard working parents.
Dimebag Darrell
AGHouston11 said:

Larry Elder did a whole show on it a couple of years ago. ICE plays the grew up in Compton and how tough his high school was. He has it in his music etc about the hard life etc.

I remember when Larry Elder had sort of a feud with him after Cube (who seems to be more red pilled nowadays) came out against Trump or something. The main difference was HS if I remember correctly?

Larry Elder grew up in Compton, and Ice Cube grew up very nearby in another South Central neighborhood called Westmont....basically in Inglewood, and close to South Gate, Lynwood, Hawthorne...all rough gang-infested places in the 90's. I like Larry Elder, but it seems silly to split hairs when you're talking about neighboring neighborhoods filled with crime and violence and small homes in South Central LA.

Cube tells stories on Joe Rogan of his upbringing...being harassed by cops when he and his childhood friends were just riding around on bikes etc...friends getting shot to death in gang violence etc.

Maybe Compton is slightly rougher than where he grew up, but to act like he was rich/privileged or say that he "grew up in the burbs" is simply extremely dishonest.
Squadron7
AG
As long as we all remember that if you didn't come from the poorest of the poor, and from the roughest most crime ridden areas, or don't adhere 100% to whatever the narrative of the day is emanating from our esteemed Victim Studies departments, then you are just not to be considered authentically black by the LarryElders (this week's sock) both here on TexAgs and in the world beyond.
leachfan

LarryElder said:

Huh? Here is his childhood home in South Central LA. He got bussed to one of the nicer schools from what I remember...but I am pretty sure he grew up very working class.

I mean, I get that you feel the urge to white knight for Dylan Mulvaney, but these homes are probably like 1,000-1,500 SF max.
Well his privilege is apparent with all the maintained lawns and such.
Dimebag Darrell
Super rich and privileged upbringing. Everyone on here is jealous and wishes the same for their children.

AGHouston11
AG

AGHouston11 said:

I remember when Larry Elder had sort of a feud with him after Cube (who seems to be more red pilled nowadays) came out against Trump or something. The main difference was HS if I remember correctly?

Larry Elder grew up in Compton, and Ice Cube grew up very nearby in another South Central neighborhood called Westmont....basically in Inglewood, and close to South Gate, Lynwood, Hawthorne...all rough gang-infested places in the 90's. I like Larry Elder, but it seems silly to split hairs when you're talking about neighboring neighborhoods filled with crime and violence and small homes in South Central LA.

Cube tells stories on Joe Rogan of his upbringing...being harassed by cops when he and his childhood friends were just riding around on bikes etc...friends getting shot to death in gang violence etc.

Maybe Compton is slightly rougher than where he grew up, but to act like he was rich/privileged or say that he "grew up in the burbs" is simply extremely dishonest.

Except Ice Cubes song is ………. "Straight out of COMPTON"
DargelSkout
AG
AGHouston11 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Correction, that was NWA's song.
Dimebag Darrell
AGHouston11 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Because 3 of the main dudes in his group (one of which was already a rising star with a solo album) were...from Compton...and he basically grew up across the 105 from Compton and hung around there a lot. I guess "Straight out of Compton, Westmont, and Dallas!" didn't have quite the same ring to it.
AGHouston11
AG

AGHouston11 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Because 3 of the main dudes in his group (one of which was already a rising star with a solo album) were...from Compton...and he basically grew up across the 105 from Compton and hung around there a lot. I guess "Straight out of Compton, Westmont, and Dallas!" didn't have quite the same ring to it.

I'm not knocking him on his recent turn of events and finally waking up.

But for many many years the real version of his story wasn't really a known thing by most. Him going to a nice school wasn't something he was advertising!

He's played that very well and used it to his advantage.
He's also in the past said a lot of not so great things.
e=mc2
AG
I grew up poor in Amarillo. Does that mean I'm not white anymore?
Dimebag Darrell
AGHouston11 said:

AGHouston11 said:

AGHouston11 said:

I'm not knocking him on his recent turn of events and finally waking up.

But for many many years the real version of his story wasn't really a known thing by most. Him going to a nice school wasn't something he was advertising!

He's played that very well and used it to his advantage.
He's also in the past said a lot of not so great things.
Yeah, it would have been weird to rap about being bussed from the ghetto to a fancy white school. Would have been similar to Phil Anselmo of Pantera doing a heavy metal song about his love for Baskin Robbins or puppy dogs or something. Edginess sells in certain genres.

That being said, the movie "Straight Outta Compton" portrays this. Him getting on his bus at his preppy Woodland Hills High school and going back to the reality of his South Central neighborhood.
Urban Ag
AG
Cube is my black Mike Leach.

And I really miss Mike Leach.

In my top 10 to drink beer with.
Ags4DaWin

CrackerJackAg said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Yep. Listened to that episode the other day and concluded they about to come hard after Ice Cube.

He went off on covid vaccine and dumping a movie because they were going to force hime to take it.

He went hard on the NBA trying to black ball his 3on3 league.

It's a good episode and worth the listen.
Hearing Rogan tell Cube that, per Douglas Murray, obsession with gender and gender confusion is usually basically the canary in the coal mine for civilizations on the verge of collapse is something I never thought I would witness in my life. I don't know why, but that part of the convo made me chuckle and pinch myself...as someone who was hiding Ice Cube's cassette tapes from my mom back in the 90's.

Yep, gender confusion is why civilizations fall.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. No civilization has ever fallen for that reason. Hell, it's probably hardly ever existed before on any meaningful level.

If only the damn Byzantines & Persians wouldn't have been so focused on battling for gender identity they could've taken out the Arabs. So stupid….
It's not "why". It is a sign that things have gotten too easy and men/society has grown too weak when we have to make up such "struggles"...to the point of openly pushing outright lunacy like Dylan Mulvaney...a sick caricature of a 13 year old girl. Breast removal and chemical castration for minors. Civilizations often become very warped near the end of their cycles.

The "canary in the coal mine" was just a marker...or a sign...of something much worse. HTH, lib.

It's an indication that a society has gotten to the point where it is so decadent and insulated from. The realities of existence that the people no longer realize how dangerous and imperfect the world outside of their civilization is and how much strength was needed to build it.

When you can go so far culturally as to deny the basic reality of what is a man and a woman then the detachment from reality is to such a level that at the first sign of adversity the civilization either collapses entirely and is taken over by another or it descends into chaos and anarchy.

The world trends towards entropy. It requires alot of strength, forthright thinking, and vigilance to bring order to that chaos. When a civilization becomes so decadent and self absorbed they no longer maintain vigilance to look out for the external and internal wolves that want to devour, that civilization will be preyed upon.

Anyone who doubts this REALLY should go read about the cultural norms of ancient Rome right before it began to splinter and fall. Same goes for Babylon.
richardag
pdc093 said:

Subj line correction: NOW they're coming after Ice Cube...

In an odd way in my warped mind Bow also works
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Urban Ag
AG
Excellent historical perspective.

If anyone doubts this, go over the Entertainment Board and read the thread on The Sound of Freedom.

The lefties are literally arguing against the film because the character portrayed, who has dedicated his life to freeing young people from human trafficking/sex slavery, doesn't do "fighting human trafficking the right way". It's about the most disingenuous thing I have ever seen on this site. They double down. Triple down. A guy that works to free kids from the sex trade industry is hated because he happens to be conservative. Unreal.
samurai_science
AGHouston11 said:

This is true
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
LarryElder said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

LarryElder said:

Next you're going to try and convince me that Madonna was not, in fact, a virgin.

You take political and cultural direction from her too?

You seem completely lost.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG

LarryElder said:

What are you talking about? He was BUSSED 30+ MILES TO AND FROM HIS TINY HOME IN SOUTH CENTRAL LA.

That garbage link just keeps citing a working class 2-parent household as some sort of diss. Back then, you still had a much higher % of black kids growing up with fathers than you see today. It's kind of what Boyz N Tha Hood is about actually...the importance of fathers and strong male role models in the black community.

YOU MEAN HE WAS JUST ACTING GANGSTER FOR THAT ROLE IN THE MOVIE??? AND YOU BELIEVED THAT GRIFTER??!!
LarryElder
Wow looks like I was right of course I was
LarryElder
Squadron7 said:

Almost time for a new sock, Larry.

Why cause you simp for cube ?
LarryElder
AGHouston11 said:

Yep of course that's why i posted the truth on page 1 for some reason that was met with animosity and being called a white liberal really odd
Ag87H2O
AG
LarryElder said:

"Cube grew up rich in the suburbs talk about a grifter."

You forgot something.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.