Florida Inflation twice that of our nation

7,055 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dimebag Darrell
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PA24 said:

If Ron loses the Republican primary to Trump, he will always be known as that guy. If he loses Florida's primary, oh boy, means we all backed a bigly loser.
The biggest loser in the end will be your orange god king, and the entire country.

Your god will die in prison, and we'll be stuck with eternal Democrat rule because of people like you.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Phatbob
AG
PA24 said:

If Ron loses the Republican primary to Trump, he will always be known as that guy. If he loses Florida's primary, oh boy, means we all backed a bigly loser.

C@LAg
just reminding everyone PA24 is a troll poster who pumps Trump even though he does not care about Trump and has even stated likely will not vote for him.

stop giving him the pathetic attention he so desperately craves.

geoag58
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

geoag58 said:

rgag12 said:

LarryElder said:

rgag12 said:

You realize your savior spent trillions of dollars in a couple months that set off inflation throughout the world, yes?

He did or congress?

I wasn't aware congress could sign its own laws, interesting constitutional development

What should he have done based on the lies Trump and the rest of us were being fed at the time?

When Trump is back in office I would be okay if Trump declared marshall law long enough to hang anyone who was feeding/promoting lies about china/fraudcii virus.

This is truly deranged.

People knowingly told lies to damage Trump politically when he tried to promote treatments which were proven effective. Those lies caused thousands of people to needlessly die. And you want people with blood on their hands to get away with murder?
The Kraken
AG
Reminds me of a political billboard I saw last year in Ft Bend County where the GOP candidate for County Judge cited high inflation as a reason to vote out the Democrat incumbent. Now there were many reasons to vote for the Republican, but I'm not sure how you can tie high inflation to a County Judge....or a Governor for that matter.
Squadron7
AG
It looks like Iowa's governor just became Trump's newest worst person in the world for having the audacity to stay neutral in a GOP primary.
FCBlitz
PA24 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/10/economy/florida-inflation-hotspot-regional/index.html

Don't think killing the golden goose (Disney) helps them.

Golden Goose.. you really believe RD was even able to pluck a feather off that golden goose?

Really?
geoag58
AG
LMCane said:

geoag58 said:

rgag12 said:

LarryElder said:

rgag12 said:

You realize your savior spent trillions of dollars in a couple months that set off inflation throughout the world, yes?

He did or congress?

I wasn't aware congress could sign its own laws, interesting constitutional development

What should he have done based on the lies Trump and the rest of us were being fed at the time?

When Trump is back in office I would be okay if Trump declared marshall law long enough to hang anyone who was feeding/promoting lies about china/fraudcii virus.

LOL again with the "Marshall law" (sic.) and being against the Fraudci Virus- the same Fraudci given near dictatorial powers by one Donald Trump.

typical troll job to make the Republicans look like idiots.

well done!

Fraudcii was cleary working against Trump from the beginning and lied about his part in the research that produced the virus. Anything Trump did his last ten months in office to promote therapeutics to fight chinavirus was wrong according to leftist scum. Thousands more died and suffered because of the lies from the left. Why are you trying to rewrite history.?
Pizza
C@LAg said:

just reminding everyone PA24 is a troll poster who pumps Trump even though he does not care about Trump and has even stated likely will not vote for him.

Pizza
Rapier108 said:

PA24 said:

The biggest loser in the end will be your orange god king, and the entire country.

Your god will die in prison, and we'll be stuck with eternal Democrat rule because of people like you.

Lol! You need some TDS help.

Bigly
lbcshort
And, the home insurance rates are through the roof (no pun intended)!
YouBet
AG
This is a dumb gotcha thread.
halfastros81
AG
Nobody want's to go there…. It's too crowded.

ts5641
Trumpsters get all excited every time they think they have a gotcha moment on DeSantis.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
geoag58 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

geoag58 said:

rgag12 said:

LarryElder said:

rgag12 said:

He did or congress?

This is truly deranged.

People knowingly told lies to damage Trump politically when he tried to promote treatments which were proven effective. Those lies caused thousands of people to needlessly die. And you want people with blood on their hands to get away with murder?

Where did I say that?

I just said that wanting Trump to declare martial law so that he can hang people that pushed the fraud is ludicrous, deranged, and par for the course for anyone still delusional enough to support Trump.
Phatbob
AG
Squadron7 said:

It looks like Iowa's governor just became Trump's newest worst person in the world for having the audacity to stay neutral in a GOP primary.
Before very long, there won't be a single Republican governor that Trump won't have said that Newsome is better than, which will be super awkward when he replaces Biden on the Dem side (or not, given how much Trumpers don't care about what he said in the past).
No Spin Ag
ts5641 said:

Trumpsters get all excited every time they think they have a gotcha moment on DeSantis.

They seem to get more excited about owning one of their own (DeSantis) than even the other side. That's what makes it so disturbing and bring about the cult vibes
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rapier108
No Spin Ag said:

ts5641 said:

They seem to get more excited about owning one of their own (DeSantis) than even the other side. That's what makes it so disturbing and bring about the cult vibes
As I've said before, all they care about is winning the primary and destroying DeSantis forever.

They know Trump will lose the general election (they're already blaming it on cheating because that is how Cult45 goes), so they want one last victory of winning the primary and destroying someone they hate more than they hate any Democrat.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
No Spin Ag said:

ts5641 said:

Science Denier
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

How dare DeSantis make the state so attractive to the rest of the US that housing can't keep up with it.

Must be because he punished Disney, somehow.

Let me know what Mother Jones take is on this.
Florida has always been a state with a huge number of people moving to. It's a large rettirement destination.

A google of the top 10 retirement spots in the US gives me the following
Quote:

These are the top 10 retirement spots in the U.S.
  • 1. Sarasota, Florida.
  • 2. Naples, Florida
  • 3. Daytona Beach, Florida
  • 4. Melbourne, Florida
  • 5. Lancaster, Pennsylvania
  • 6. Tampa, Florida
  • 7. Fort Myers, Florida
  • 8. Port St. Lucie, Florida
  • 9. Ann Arbor, Michigan
  • 10. Pensacola, Florida

People have been retiring and moving to Florida well before DeSantis was governor. This was the case even when it was blue/purple. DeSantis did nothing to make this happen.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
REEEE
richardag
Bubblez said:

Not Coach Jimbo said:

Lots of old people with money

+ a bunch of people cashing out of their liberal hell holes (selling a home at 3x its worth)

+ an economy that didn't shut down and is performing strong

= X

Solve for X.
So inflation is good when you need to prop up a red state politician?
Who the hell said inflation is good. People are explaining the how.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
richardag
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Phatbob said:

Bubblez said:

Not Coach Jimbo said:

Lots of old people with money

+ a bunch of people cashing out of their liberal hell holes (selling a home at 3x its worth)

+ an economy that didn't shut down and is performing strong

= X

Solve for X.
So inflation is good when you need to prop up a red state politician?
No need to prop up something that isn't controlled by the governor. Go away and let the adults talk
"He should have banned people with brains and money from leaving decaying hellhole coastal blue cities for his state!"
They are indeed trying to
California Exit Tax & Wealth Tax: What Is it & How it Applies to You
Gavin Newsom wants to tax Californians AFTER they've moved out of state

I recommend no one vote for any Democratic Party candidate at any leve of government and reconsider your voting preferences immediately.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
richardag
C@LAg said:

I suspect there may be more posters doing this exact bull**** here and elsewhere.
Opalka
AG
Well, not only is inflation high in FL, but now Farmers Insurance is pulling out of FL. Gee, I thought this only happened in states like California! I guess insurance companies have pulled out of Louisiana too. Hmmmm, what could it be......politics, like some of you claimed when it was Cali? Nope, looks like you were wrong yet again. Now what's DeSantis going to do to fix this? He's good at dividing and hating on groups of people, but how is he at solving real problems and bringing people together. Not very good at all, obviously.
Logos Stick
It's not his job to fix it. It's the free market. HTH
Logos Stick
Also, PEOPLE are fleeing Cali and New York in droves for southern states including Florida.

I'm sorry your state lost.
ttu_85
Rapier108 said:

This thread is a perfect example of why the vast majority of the population hates Cult45.
No kidding that bunch post with an average intellect of 7th graders. Embarrassing.
Actual Talking Thermos

"Everyone wants to move there because it's so awesome, driving up real estate prices...if only no one wanted to live there and homes were super cheap" is hardly the political "gotcha" you seem to think it is.
So then NYC, LA, and San Francisco are probably the best governed cities in the country, right?
ttu_85
Opalka said:

Well, not only is inflation high in FL, but now Farmers Insurance is pulling out of FL. Gee, I thought this only happened in states like California! I guess insurance companies have pulled out of Louisiana too. Hmmmm, what could it be......politics, like some of you claimed when it was Cali? Nope, looks like you were wrong yet again. Now what's DeSantis going to do to fix this? He's good at dividing and hating on groups of people, but how is he at solving real problems and bringing people together. Not very good at all, obviously.
What a pathetic joke.

Your ilk cares nothing about pulling people together. Biden and the rhetoric of the radical left has this country more divided than anytime since 1865.

What a hypocritical post. This cant be voted down enough.
ttu_85
Actual Talking Thermos said:

"Everyone wants to move there because it's so awesome, driving up real estate prices...if only no one wanted to live there and homes were super cheap" is hardly the political "gotcha" you seem to think it is.
So then NYC, LA, and San Francisco are probably the best governed cities in the country, right?
Uh maybe you should look at recent TRENDS. Cali actually became great in the 50's, 60's, and 70's while it was a solid Red state. Since it went hard blue its begun its decline. Same with NY and Ill.
pagerman @ work
AG
PA24 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/10/economy/florida-inflation-hotspot-regional/index.html

Don't think killing the golden goose (Disney) helps them.

And Trump increased the budget 82% in 4 years; a sum that most liberals can only dream about. And that was while shutting down the economy a killing economic growth.

How much money did Desantis print as governor of Florida that would be driving inflation in that state, since (to quote the great Milton Friedman "Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon in the sense that it is and can be produced only by a more rapid increase in the quantity of money than in output."? Oh that's right, states can't print money, but the federal government can.

There's also this tidbit from Mr. Friedman to consider: "Significant changes in the growth rate of money supply, even small ones, impact the financial markets first. Then, they impact changes in the real economy, usually in six to nine months, but in a range of three to 18 months. Usually in about two years in the US, they correlate with changes in the rate of inflation or deflation."

So Trump blows up the budget in 2020 by 50% and in 2021 to the surprise of absolutely no one that is paying attention's surprise, inflation goes from 1.4% in 2020 to 7% in 2021, and 6.5% in 2022. Then Biden's dumb ass continues spending at an astronomical (but still smaller than Trump) rate so inflation continues to be a problem.

Inflation in Florida (and the rest of the US) isn't happening if the federal government (led by the toddler in chief) doesn't absolutely lose it's freaking mind with spending in 2020 & 2021.
aggiepaintrain
AG
The Dims was Trump as nominee

come on people
geoag58
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

geoag58 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

geoag58 said:

rgag12 said:

LarryElder said:

rgag12 said:

He did or congress?

This is truly deranged.

Where did I say that?

I just said that wanting Trump to declare martial law so that he can hang people that pushed the fraud is ludicrous, deranged, and par for the course for anyone still delusional enough to support Trump.

And people that lived through the lies of the left that continue to this day and say to themselves everything is just peachy are stupid beyond belief and are in for a rude awakening.
Actual Talking Thermos
ttu_85 said:

Actual Talking Thermos said:

Uh maybe you should look at recent TRENDS. Cali actually became great in the 50's, 60's, and 70's while it was a solid Red state. Since it went hard blue its begun its decline. Same with NY and Ill.
No, that can't be right, housing prices are sky-high in those places, and we already established that the most expensive place to live is the best governed and most desirable place to live.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.