Allen Outlets Shooting- Bodycam

10,181 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ogre09
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was beautiful. Good to see the good cop's getting some attention.
SydB92
AG
Live in Allen, the mall crowded on weekends. I only visit mornings during the middle of the week. He went in the direction of the first shots but then while officer moved north, the shooter moved west. There is no cut through the middle of the area
CuriousAg
TJaggie14 said:

beanbean said:

IndividualFreedom said:

Helluva shot. got that sum beech. I wonder why he didn't drive further. Probably better to be on foot during a gun fight. I do not remember the bad guy. Please don't post the name, but was it another tran knee democrat type?
A mexican kid.

Classic Mexican white supremacist
Still don't understand their theory on this. Neo Nazi that killed other hispanic people?

Personally not buying it.

Cops a hero no question, but he was definitely gassed.
Charpie
AG
Texmid said:

Too bad that cop wasn't in Uvalde. Brave man and great shots under pressure.
Agreed.

Uvalde will never happen again. Cops will never hesitate in a mass shooting situation again.
schmellba99
AG
rgag12 said:

Unfortunate and unlucky that the perp was running and gunning the opposite direction that this cop was coming from. Could've ended this a couple minutes earlier.

On the flip side good thing there was a cop on-site
Good thing there was a cop on site. With a gun, who used it the way it needed to be used.
MavsAg
AG
What a freaking hero.

Couple thoughts:

1) How far was he from the perp when he got him? Seemed like a hell of a shot considering the circumstances.
2) I thought about driving as well, but I imagine it would be even more difficult to tell where the gunshots are coming from if you are in a vehicle.
3) Still haven't seen the trans killer body cam footage...
aggietony2010
AG
That's a man who correctly identified his calling to be a police officer and willingness to sacrifice for the public, unlike the many cowards at Uvalde who were there for either a pension or power.

And man, the old phrase "when seconds count the cops are minutes away" never rang so true. This guy was onsite, and it was still a good 4-5 minutes until the threat was neutralized. (That's not a commentary on the officers ability, but just that ultimately self-defense comes down to oneself and no one else)
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
God bless that officer!

Thank you, sir, for your service and bravery!
Fenrir
MavsAg said:

What a freaking hero.

Couple thoughts:

1) How far was he from the perp when he got him? Seemed like a hell of a shot considering the circumstances.
2) I thought about driving as well, but I imagine it would be even more difficult to tell where the gunshots are coming from if you are in a vehicle.
3) Still haven't seen the trans killer body cam footage...
Body cam was released very quickly. We haven't seen the "manifesto".
BG Knocc Out
IndividualFreedom said:

Helluva shot. got that sum beech. I wonder why he didn't drive further. Probably better to be on foot during a gun fight. I do not remember the bad guy. Please don't post the name, but was it another tran knee democrat type?
I think this was him? Clearly white supremacist.

fc2112
Wow, never stopped for hand sanitizer. What a bad ass.
techno-ag
AG
schmellba99 said:

rgag12 said:

Unfortunate and unlucky that the perp was running and gunning the opposite direction that this cop was coming from. Could've ended this a couple minutes earlier.

Good thing there was a cop on site. With a gun, who used it the way it needed to be used.
The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.
techno-ag
AG
techno-ag said:

schmellba99 said:

rgag12 said:

And the AR the cop used was great for the distance involved. Much better than his handgun.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Eso si, Que es
beanbean said:

I wonder how far away the officer was when he hit the shooter?
From video it looks like he took 106 steps from where he fired until he got to the shooter. Dang good shooting
zgolfz85
AG
Incredible police work. True hero. Bless this man
TAMUallen
AG
Has there been any other information ever released on this POS?

Or was the only thing that came out a liberal push against guns, a constant stream of how bad guns are and we need control and that was followed by this being a "white" Hispanic who had nazi ties?

I mean if he had nazi ties and committed mass murder doesn't that mean there are others around him who would need to be quickly apprehended?
TX_COWDOC
AG
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
beanbean
TAMUallen said:

Or was the only thing that came out a liberal push against guns, a constant stream of how bad guns are and we need control and that was followed by this being a "white" Hispanic who had nazi ties?

I mean if he had nazi ties and committed mass murder doesn't that mean there are others around him who would need to be quickly apprehended?
No not really. After the mexican white supremacist angle turned out to be a dud, the story just kind of went away.
MediAg13
AG
This video is impressive, he didn't even hesitate. Wish I could pay for his dinner and a beer.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
That's how it's done.
Athanasius
AG
That was not an easy few shots.

God bless him and others like him.
jograki
AG
Chills! That cop is a hero.
The Collective
AG
Pretty impressive.
Southlake
Great call to take the rifle. I wonder if this is the protocol or his judgement?

With all that adrenaline rushing, it's no doubt he was panting.

Super job.

I heard on the news (KTCK) that he doesn't want amy undue attention.
JSKolache
AG
I count 15 trigger pulls, good thing he had more than a 10 round mag

Rock n roll
TheCurl84
AG
That cop ran several hundred yards in pursuit of that perp, with all his gear on and his adrenaline going wild. Amazing.
10thYrSr
Southlake said:

Great call to take the rifle. I wonder if this is the protocol or his judgement?

With all that adrenaline rushing, it's no doubt he was panting.

Super job.

I heard on the news (KTCK) that he doesn't want amy undue attention.

That is exactly the type of men we need. Used to be common in the 30s and 40s. Men, raise your children to be like this man. Talking to children on how to be safe in one breath, and putting it all on the line in the next. This guy didn't even hesitate. This is the police I want looking after me.
RGLAG85
AG
Wow! Incredibly brave officer!

I wonder if, when he's running and hasn't reached to shooter yet, if he identified a citizen with his weapon out? You hear him shout at a, blurred out, standing person, "put your weapon on the ground, put your weapon on the ground". If so, he was even more disciplined to be able to distinguish the difference between a citizen and the shooter. This was long before he got to the shooter.
JB!98
AG
techno-ag said:

techno-ag said:

schmellba99 said:

rgag12 said:

And the AR the cop used was great for the distance involved. Much better than his handgun.
My thinking is that he could hear that the gunshots were different, louder than a handgun and opted for the rifle. Also, if you are going to get into a gun fight why not have 30 rounds (in this case 60 because he had two mags fixed together) with the ability to reach out and touch someone if needed. Notice the other officer showed up with a long gun also.

This is a guy that I want on the force. The way he moved and communicated while under extreme stress is really awesome. Makes me wonder if he was SWAT just pulling a regular patrol or former military. Just great execution.
LMCane
Enviroag02 said:

Wow

that guy is a hero-

but step number one should have been to get in his police car with the siren and high tail it around the mall

rather than try to jog on foot when he is not in great running shape
LMCane
Sid Farkas said:

This is how men behave. Boys need to be encouraged to develop their masculinity to grow up to be like this. Too bad our society is trying to erase masculinity.

That said, this officer was sucking wind. He (and all officers) would be served to focus on distance running as part of their overall ongoing physical fitness routine.
definitely this

I think it's also a regional issue

cops in the south seem to be much fatter than cops in the North from what I have seen

around the DC metro area they are mostly tall and thin in the suburbs (DC cops are notoriously fat and out of shape)

when I lived in Connecticut and Pennsylvania the cops were not obese
Alte Schule
Wheatables02 said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

Just curious.......the shooter here in the released video is in front of a Fatburger. The original released pics had him in front of the H&M as below. Which is it?

This is the family that was murdered plus one other individual. The shooter was taken down by fat burger. You can see the officer pass this location in the video and tell them help is coming. That broke my heart.

If you want better Officers, demand that they get paid more from your cities and get better benefits. They are leaving every agency and they can't fill these positions. Agencies are lowering standards so the quality is only going to get worse.
There are no law enforcement agencies in the State of Texas that are lowering their standards. Without exception, all commissioned law enforcement officers, that includes state, county and municipalities, are required to be certified by TCOLE the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement and their standards for certification have only increased over the years.
TAMUallen
AG
beanbean said:

TAMUallen said:

No not really. After the mexican white supremacist angle turned out to be a dud, the story just kind of went away.

Hope the project Veritas / James o keefe angles are working things like this hard. We have too many unexplained shootings that are promoted by the media then dropped. If we want to stop these shootings then they should last beyond a standard news cycle
LMCane
SydB92 said:

Live in Allen, the mall crowded on weekends. I only visit mornings during the middle of the week. He went in the direction of the first shots but then while officer moved north, the shooter moved west. There is no cut through the middle of the area
My parents moved to a 55+ community in Allen a year ago and my mom does the same thing you do, goes to that outlet mall in the mornings on weekdays.
InfantryAg
AG
LMCane said:

but step number one should have been to get in his police car with the siren and high tail it around the mall

rather than try to jog on foot when he is not in great running shape
No.

Maybe get in the car and drive closer, but lights and sirens make you a target.

If you don't know exactly where the shooter is you don't want to drive into him shooting at you. This cop only had a general direction where the shots were coming and didn't think he was gonna run as far as he had to.

You also have way less situational awareness in a car. If you don't have the location of the shooter, you need to be aware of any clues (shot direction, loudness, bystanders running etc)
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.