Allen Outlets Shooting- Bodycam

10,209 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ogre09
TxAgLaw03RW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Allen PD released the bodycam for the responding officer:

Enviroag02
AG
Wow
Ag87H2O
AG
Impressive. To go from talking to kids to grabbing the rifle and charging into the fire, that cop didn't hesitate other than to stop for a second to assess and catch his breath. Very brave man.
FortWorthAg
AG
True hero!
Bird Poo
AG
That cop is a hero.
rgag12
AG
Unfortunate and unlucky that the perp was running and gunning the opposite direction that this cop was coming from. Could've ended this a couple minutes earlier.

On the flip side good thing there was a cop on-site
Gunny456
AG
Long arm of the law. Good going.
spud1910
AG
Definitely a hero. True courage.
Texmid
AG
Too bad that cop wasn't in Uvalde. Brave man and great shots under pressure.
HarryJ33tamu
I know it seems he was moving slow at some points but he covered a lot of ground and had no idea exactly where the perp was. The perps shots echoed in between buildings. I imagine that cop is a big ol boy. He was huffin and puffin. Hero
Bird Poo
AG
Is there a way to extend appreciation to this particular officer?
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Wow
BG Knocc Out
HarryJ33tamu said:

I know it seems he was moving slow at some points but he covered a lot of ground and had no idea exactly where the perp was. The perps shots echoed in between buildings. I imagine that cop is a big ol boy. He was huffin and puffin. Hero

I had to remind myself of this. There was a hit job on a local rapper/gangster in River Oaks in broad daylight during rush hour a few months ago involving automatic weapon (presumably Glock w/ switch) that we heard from half a block away. With it happening between two large buildings and across the street from a retail center, it was virtually impossible to determine which exact direction it was coming from. I also thought it sounded like potentially 150+ rds being fired, but I think there only turned out to be like 50-70 recovered casings. It was also a more unfamiliar sound than I am used to. My whole life i have only been around gunfire at the range or wide open land. It's a completely different ballgame in a more urban environment.

I do wish there were more stringent physical fitness requirements for LEO's though. Not saying this guy is overweight or was moving slow, but so many cops seem to range from obese to borderline morbidly obese. In a situation like this where minutes and seconds count...being fit can save the lives of others.
Madman
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

HarryJ33tamu said:

I had to remind myself of this. There was a hit job on a local rapper/gangster in River Oaks in broad daylight during rush hour a few months ago involving automatic weapon (presumably Glock w/ switch) that we heard from half a block away. With it happening between two large buildings and across the street from a retail center, it was virtually impossible to determine which exact direction it was coming from. I also thought it sounded like potentially 150+ rds being fired, but I think there only turned out to be like 50-70 recovered casings. It was also a more unfamiliar sound than I am used to. My whole life i have only been around gunfire at the range or wide open land. It's a completely different ballgame in a more urban environment.

I do wish there were more stringent physical fitness requirements for LEO's though. Not saying this guy is overweight or was moving slow, but so many cops seem to range from obese to borderline morbidly obese. In a situation like this where minutes and seconds count...being fit can save the lives of others.
Fat cops can't run but they can take down big guys. Something a 150lb triathlete might not be able to do.
BourbonAg
AG
That was incredible.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
That man is a hero!

It brings tears to my eyes to watch videos like this and see the bravery that officers like this show.
BourbonAg
AG
Also, that much adrenaline would exhaust anyone pretty quickly.
BigHitterDaLama
NM

appreciate the comments on the location
Sid Farkas
AG
This is how men behave. Boys need to be encouraged to develop their masculinity to grow up to be like this. Too bad our society is trying to erase masculinity.

That said, this officer was sucking wind. He (and all officers) would be served to focus on distance running as part of their overall ongoing physical fitness routine.
beanbean
I wonder how far away the officer was when he hit the shooter?
Swan Song
AG
Think those were victims
Garrelli 5000
AG
Those were his first victims in front of H&M.
Staff - take out the trash.
BigHitterDaLama
Garrelli 5000 said:

Those were his first victims in front of H&M.
Gotcha. Thank you guys.
Wheatables02
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

Just curious.......the shooter here in the released video is in front of a Fatburger. The original released pics had him in front of the H&M as below. Which is it?

This is the family that was murdered plus one other individual. The shooter was taken down by fat burger. You can see the officer pass this location in the video and tell them help is coming. That broke my heart.

If you want better Officers, demand that they get paid more from your cities and get better benefits. They are leaving every agency and they can't fill these positions. Agencies are lowering standards so the quality is only going to get worse.
Dad
AG
They should reward acts of bravery like this. I don't just mean with a medal.
BigHitterDaLama
Wheatables02 said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

Just curious.......the shooter here in the released video is in front of a Fatburger. The original released pics had him in front of the H&M as below. Which is it?

This is the family that was murdered plus one other individual. The shooter was taken down by fat burger. You can see the officer pass this location in the video and tell them help is coming. That broke my heart.

If you want better Officers, demand that they get paid more from your cities and get better benefits. They are leaving every agency and they can't fill these positions. Agencies are lowering standards so the quality is only going to get worse.
Thank you. So much of this happening, I can't keep it straight on fatalities, etc.
UTExan
HarryJ33tamu said:

Don't forget that between body armor, radio, weapons and ammo he is probably packing an additional 25 lbs.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
Lake08
How many people died?
Terrible
LarryElder
couldnt make out anything in that video.
IndividualFreedom
Helluva shot. got that sum beech. I wonder why he didn't drive further. Probably better to be on foot during a gun fight. I do not remember the bad guy. Please don't post the name, but was it another tran knee democrat type?
C@LAg
IndividualFreedom said:

Helluva shot. got that sum beech. I wonder why he didn't drive further. Probably better to be on foot during a gun fight. I do not remember the bad guy. Please don't post the name, but was it another tran knee democrat type?
echoing gun shots maybe made it sound closer?
beanbean
IndividualFreedom said:

A mexican kid.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
You could hear he was concerned about being mistaken as the shooter by other LEO. So glad there wasn't friendly fire. I can't imagine what would happen if an armed good Samaritan had responded.
jabberwalkie09
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

Just spitballing but the parking lot looked pretty congested, which is the norm for the area iirc. No guarantee that driving would have gotten him there any faster than huffing it all the way there. Looking at the map it looks like he basically ran from one side of the outlet mall to the other.

Tough to judge how long the shots were but they did the job.
TJaggie14
AG
beanbean said:

IndividualFreedom said:

A mexican kid.

Classic Mexican white supremacist
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.