Cracker Barrel

10,038 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
LarryElder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
People actually eat a Cracker Barrell? Haven't been to one in 20 plus years. LOL poor people
TXAGBQ76
AG
wow, that's pretty strange diet you been consuming evidently?!
Loquacious Lunchbox
"We take no pleasure in reporting that Cracker Barrel has fallen" is such a perfect sendup of overdramatic anti-woke reactionaries. Right now the entire writer's room over at The Onion are like Salieri cursing Mozart for having genius he could only dream of.
CanyonAg77
AG
TxTarpon said:

Gay Amish?
Rocky Rider
AG
Odd how some people are so desperate for attention that they feel if they aren't continually celebrated there's something wrong with the world.
dreyOO
Idiotic.

Cracker Barrel's in one of those niche spaces where the less they change, the better. That's why their patrons showed up in the first place.
Quantum Entanglement
An alternative place to eat breakfast

https://m.facebook.com/lovetuttifruttimontrose/videos/breakfast-at-tutti-frutti-3407-montrose-blvd-houston-tx-77006%EF%B8%8F%EF%B8%8F%EF%B8%8F%EF%B8%8F/334123551741022/
sam callahan
They have been floundering for a good while and now desperate for a new footing. Food quality has consistently gone down over the last 2 decades, their wait staff appear to mostly be Waffle House rejects and they are hoping they can booze you up so you don't notice.
Mowdy Ag
AG
45-70Ag said:

akm91 said:

45-70Ag said:

I don't know why, but my kids love that place. I use to think when they were young it was due to that damn gift shop but they don't even pay attention to that anymore.

When we go destin every summer, we spend two days making the trip and all they want is CB on the way there and back. We've probably hit every one of them on and nearby of I-10 in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida panhandle. Insanity.
Take them to Steamboat Bills in Lake Charle's instead.

I've seen their signs. Place looks popular.
...or take a detour through Foley and hit Lambert's Cafe.

You'll thank me.
Slicer97
AG
Rocky Rider said:

Odd how some people are so desperate for attention that they feel if they aren't continually celebrated there's something wrong with the world.
It's almost as if they know their behavior is deviant, but refuse to acknowledge that fact.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Food quality has consistently gone down over the last 2 decades,
When you start at the bottom of the barrel, how can you go down?
Independence H-D
As long as Waffle House stays above the fray.....
sam callahan
I was expecting that response.

I was NOT expecting it from someone in Canyon, home of the most mediocre food in Texas.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Weird. Do trendy gay people really eat fried southern food and microwavable biscuits inside a place with lawnmowers and tractor parts hanging on the ceiling?
T for Texas
AG
Them biscuits is good but this is disappointing
Slicer97
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Applebees would like a word....
No Spin Ag
Slicer97 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Applebees would like a word....

At the nationwide family restaurant chain level, there is no lower.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
AggieDub14
AG
Tea Party said:

I'm sure the frequent visiting old timers like seeing the praise of degeneracy right as they walk in...

The rainbow is a symbol of God's covenant with living creatures? That's what I keep seeing posted anyway.
EclipseAg
AG
Ag87H2O said:

EclipseAg said:

Cracker Barrel got dinged a few years ago for supposedly racist practices against its customers, paying a legal settlement and a fine. So they are likely terrified of a similar lawsuit from gay customers.

All it takes is one person to claim discrimination and the lawyers and others come crawling out of the woodwork.
They aren't going to get sued for discrimination for not putting out rainbow chairs and flags.

No, but it's like the "bake the cake" issue. If they don't bend the knee, people will seek them out, make a scene, then sue and claim discrimination.

If I were an activist looking to make my mark, Cracker Barrel would certainly be a prime target just because of its brand and history.
fka ftc
For breakfast, nothing beats a local diner except maybe Waffle House.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Quantum Entanglement
Cracker Barrel just released a press statement:

In June they will only use TRANS FAT to fry with.
CanyonAg77
AG
sam callahan said:

I was expecting that response.

I was NOT expecting it from someone in Canyon, home of the most mediocre food in Texas.
Bull**t.

Serious reply, why do you say that? Just curious what you find so mediocre.
Evanhue
AG
Doinked Field Goal said:

Weird. Do trendy gay people really eat fried southern food and microwavable biscuits inside a place with lawnmowers and tractor parts hanging on the ceiling?
Bulldykes do obviously.
AggieSarah01
AG
They want to be "welcoming and respectful" but don't realize that by doing this, they are not being either to those of us who want nothing to do with this kind of thing.

Our public library had put up a table in the children's room full of books about LGBTQ stuff. When called out on it, they said they wanted everyone to feel welcome and included. Except, it completely excludes those of us that don't want our kids to be exposed to it. So I will not ever bring my kids to that library.
sam callahan
Serious answer: smack talking. We are having fun here, no?

I've had many a run of the mill breakfasts at the Ranch House, passable tacos at Pepitos and food poisoning at Taco Villa in Canyon. How someone can mess up a fast food burrito that badly amazes me.

But I'm sure I have overlooked many fine establishments, as has the trip advisor travelers who rate the Palo Duro Trading Post all the way up to 4 on their list.
CanyonAg77
AG
sam callahan said:

Serious answer: smack talking. We are having fun here, no?

I've had many a run of the mill breakfasts at the Ranch House, passable tacos at Pepitos and food poisoning at Taco Villa in Canyon. How someone can mess up a fast food burrito that badly amazes me.

But I'm sure I have overlooked many fine establishments, as has the trip advisor travelers who rate the Palo Duro Trading Post all the way up to 4 on their list.

I was curious if it was smack talk, or if you'd actually been here. And no offense taken

So agree with Ranch House a little, they are usually decent, as is Buenos Dias. Taco Villa doesn't surprise me, Pepitos does surprise me. They are generally excellent, though the owners live two houses down, so I'm a little prejudiced toward them.

Try Sayakomarn's (Thai) or Green Chile Willies (north of town, and Chicken Fried Steaks) next time.

I haven't been to the PD Trading Post, didn't know they had a restaurant.

I was surprised to see Feldman's as #1 on Trip Advisor. They are consistently good, but never outstanding. It's got some interesting decor and the trains running around the ceiling, so it keeps the kids entertained.
sam callahan
I'll try that…and I have to retract my words on Taco Villa. I confused the one in Canyon with one in Lamesa.
Quantum Entanglement
Based Hiker
Quantum Entanglement said:

A study by Princeton found that 75% of gay men are born that way and the rest were sucked into it.
What you did there.......
DamnGood86
AG
Faustus said:

Hobby Lobby is still holding strong though.

It's because they're privately held.

Apparently it is difficult for a publicly held company not to bend the rainbow knee.
ArmyAg97
AG
TxTarpon said:

Craigy said:

Gigem314 said:

So they can put in the effort to get rainbow chairs, but can't get fried catfish back on the menu?
Its not really catfish. They are getting RAINBOW Trout
GROAN

Username checks out
Moral High Horse
I'm starting to respect the rainbow nazis game plan:

1. Infiltrate major conservative brands
2. Get them to promote "love, acceptance, etc"
3. Turn their customer base against them to destablize the companies financially
4. ????
5. Profit

Somewhere an assassin or muscle men is holding a dildo shaped gun to the Hobby Lobby president's head forcing them to pride up their marketing.
one safe place
torrid said:

Serious question, does a business really face any sort of boycott or backlash for NOT doing anything to celebrate pride month? I mean just keep providing the same products and services you already do year round, in the same manner to everyone regardless of demographics or politics.
I will never understand a company promoting deviancy or abnormality. I'd much rather piss off all the abnormals and potentially lose their business than piss off the far more numerically significant normal people just to appease the mentally ill.
TxTarpon
I don't even know.
It is on Twitter.
Musk spend billions to showcase crap like.

I don't get it.
TxTarpon
Thank you for that laugh sir.

Here is my secretary and I at a conference in Miami a few years back.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.