Cracker Barrel

10,015 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
TequilaMockingbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll eat at Crack Barrel if I have to, but I certainly don't seek it out.

Definitely do not eat at the one in Abilene.
Owlagdad
TequilaMockingbird said:

I'll eat at Crack Barrel if I have to, but I certainly don't seek it out.

Definitely do not eat at the one in AbileneIt'll
It'll make a turd.
AggieVictor10
AG
Boycott woker barrel
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Ags4DaWin
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Did not expect this. WTF is going on. Why would they do this? How are they so out of touch that they don't know their target demographic?

Cracker Barrels are almost exclusively in solidly red areas, and frequented largely by the elderly.

Sucks because I really loved their chicken n dumplins on occasion and thought the sides were great. Will never give them another dime.

Incredibly stupid, short sighted, and unnecessary imo.

I make better food at home without even trying. They are only in business because of their brand popularity/niche- comfort food old time country cooking.....but it's not even good or really old time.

The food is crap.

Similar to Bud Light and we all know what happened there
SlackerAg
AG
Butt Crack Barreler
pressitup
most of this has to do with ESG scoring.
Thank you Blackrock
.........and if you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans.
milner79
45-70Ag said:

I'll take an old timers breakfast, cup of coffee and a trans rocker.

If there ever was a place that didn't have the customer base for this, CB is my first guess.

CB has been on this track for some time. Not a fan.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2013/12/21/cracker-barrel-chain-pulls-duck-dynasty-items-amid-phil-robertson-gay-slur-scandal/amp/
Buford T. Justice
AG
"Welcome to Cracker Barrell. That ain't gravy."
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Buford T. Justice
AG
I can put breakfast any restaurant.
About 25 years ago, I was at the Kettle in CS and thought to myself, "I can cook better than this."
And I have.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
fka ftc
Well, I tend to agree with that. Particularly if one has their own flattop / griddle.

Comes out hot and exactly the way I want it.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
MarathonAg12
I never in a million years thought Cracker Barrel was going to fall

Wow
fka ftc
MarathonAg12 said:

Wow
They were being targeted during BLM as well.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
AGHouston11
AG
fka ftc said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Wow
They were being targeted during BLM as well.

It should go both ways but the only people feared are the left.
They should get some well deserved backlash now but probably not.
FbgTxAg
AG
If Stucky's and Jim's had a bougie country baby, it's Cracker Barrel.
Psycho Bunny
Cracker Barrel's demise was when Brads wife was fired.
InternetFan02
AG
Waffle House says thanks
LarryElder
jims is better
Robert L. Peters
I didn't have an uncle Herschel but if I did, he wouldn't eat fake gravy.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Based Hiker
If I was ranking them now, Cracker Barrel would come in well below Black Bear and Waffle House, but still top ten breakfast places.
OKCAg2002
AG
edit: I give up. TexAgs won't let you share a link with the word "S hitty" in the URL[url=https://twitter.com/witty_****ty/status/1667744720360189953?s=12&t=NURQmfB6HMKWQQrQamCj7w][/url]
Stat Monitor Repairman
The Hot Bisuit
Kelly's Country cookin'
Cracker Barrel
Village Inn
Perkin's
Shoney's
Huddle House
Grandy's
Ihop
Waffle House
Denny's
Artimus Gordon
AG
Was just in Destin.
On the way:
Steamboat Bill's
Fried shrimp was tough! WTF? Go with the etouffe.

In Destin
Donut Hole for breakfast. Very good! Get there early.
Boshamps for lunch/dinner
Lost pizza co & Guillermo's for kids pizza
The back porch
Shrimp basket
Fat boys (if you want a burger.

McGuires was disappointing.

On the way back:
Don's in Lafayette was pretty good (seafood platter). Didn't care for the cole slaw though.

Sethtevious
AggieSarah01 said:

They want to be "welcoming and respectful" but don't realize that by doing this, they are not being either to those of us who want nothing to do with this kind of thing.

Our public library had put up a table in the children's room full of books about LGBTQ stuff. When called out on it, they said they wanted everyone to feel welcome and included. Except, it completely excludes those of us that don't want our kids to be exposed to it. So I will not ever bring my kids to that library.

In the children's room? Did you ask where the sex Ed books and Playboy are, too? How tf do people not realize how inappropriate that is?
Sethtevious
What is interesting is Cracker Barrel used to be one of the places that openly espoused 'family values' and refused to hire gays.
ts5641
Yet another company who either does not understand their customer base or doesn't care. Either way, not a good move for them.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Its true. The bbl gon gey.
Justin2010
AG
I do marketing for a smallish company (about 300 employees). I'll never understand why you take a stand on any political issue. The only possible outcome is alienating some of your customer base. It's just mind-blowing to me.
No Spin Ag
I'd like to report that whatever supposed boycotting that was supposed to happen to Cracker Barrel is failing miserably. I've been to two different ones, in two different parts of Texas and there was still a forever wait time.

And don't even get me started with Chick-fil-A, because the lines are still insane.

So please, if you guys could; try harder. Maybe tell a friend even.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Shoefly!
AG
akm91 said:

45-70Ag said:

akm91 said:

45-70Ag said:

I don't know why, but my kids love that place. I use to think when they were young it was due to that damn gift shop but they don't even pay attention to that anymore.

When we go destin every summer, we spend two days making the trip and all they want is CB on the way there and back. We've probably hit every one of them on and nearby of I-10 in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Florida panhandle. Insanity.
Take them to Steamboat Bills in Lake Charle's instead.

I've seen their signs. Place looks popular.
If you like Cajun food, it's a must. Their crawfish etoufee is fantastic! The crawfish pistolette is awesome as well.

But you have to go to Louisiana to eat there right? Not gonna try to set foot in that shat hole State ever again!
johnnyblaze36
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Its true. The bbl gon gey.
That looks kinda amazing tbh. But then again bomb pops are my go to if I ever hear the ice cream man in the neighborhood.
Charpie
AG
No Spin Ag said:

I'd like to report that whatever supposed boycotting that was supposed to happen to Cracker Barrel is failing miserably. I've been to two different ones, in two different parts of Texas and there was still a forever wait time.

And don't even get me started with Chick-fil-A, because the lines are still insane.

DatTallArchitect
AG
No Spin Ag said:

I'm curious why you (and others) want to eat there so bad. I haven't ate there in years due to the terrible food. Has the food got significantly better? Is it just nostalgia? Are you a smoker that has lost your taste buds?
Captain Pablo
AG
torrid said:

Serious question, does a business really face any sort of boycott or backlash for NOT doing anything to celebrate pride month? I mean just keep providing the same products and services you already do year round, in the same manner to everyone regardless of demographics or politics.

Yes, possibly

It's about the ESG social credit score

They're not doing it because they necessarily want to

They're doing it because that's what it takes to get credit in this insane environment
Urban Ag
AG
Justin2010 said:

I do marketing for a smallish company (about 300 employees). I'll never understand why you take a stand on any political issue. The only possible outcome is alienating some of your customer base. It's just mind-blowing to me.
A few years ago the anti-2A crowd was flexing their latest attempt to screw with the gun industry and started putting all this pressure on UPS and Fedex not to ship firearms to retailers. Of course their BS position was that any company in that supply chain had the blood of dead kids on their hands. Don't recall how UPS responded (they still ship guns) but Fedex's response was to me anyway, MBA 101 sound logic in handling it. They basically had a short tweet that said "Fedex does and will continue to do business with all lawful customers to meet and exceed their logistical needs". Or something close to that. And then didn't respond to any further harassment from the left.
Stat Monitor Repairman
https://instagr.am/p/CuKFix2vBbd

Dude puts a photo of himself and his dog on the wall at the bbl.

Genius.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.