OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,721 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
P.H. Dexippus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

aggie93 said:

aggiehawg said:

I don't remember her being on the radar for Trump in 2016, although Trump also had his share of wacky women back then. Katrina Piersol (sp?) comes to mind.
She's only 30 so was just getting started in '16. She used to work with O'Keefe at PV and he still likes her but she took some of the undercover stuff to the extreme. Chick is definitely nuts. She loves to scream and be outrageous and has zero compulsion with lying. Pretty much a sociopath.
she's only 30?!?! she looks at least 40...

but I am sure no one on the left will ever use this photo in a general election campaign.

TRM
AG
UAS Ag
aggie93 said:

aggiehawg said:

I don't remember her being on the radar for Trump in 2016, although Trump also had his share of wacky women back then. Katrina Piersol (sp?) comes to mind.
She's only 30 so was just getting started in '16. She used to work with O'Keefe at PV and he still likes her but she took some of the undercover stuff to the extreme. Chick is definitely nuts. She loves to scream and be outrageous and has zero compulsion with lying. Pretty much a sociopath.
She's only 30?

JFC...those are some rough miles she got on her in those 30 years, then.

I thought she was in her 40s...
UAS Ag
aggie93 said:

Rapier108 said:

CREAg87 said:

It will be interesting to see what the final turnout looks like in that scenario- we'd likely go from a record high year in 2020 to a record low.
Not a record low. Democrats will turn out in mass to vote against Trump.

No one turns out Democrat voters more than Trump does.

What it would do is depress Republican turnout, giving the Democrats absolute and total control of the government forever.
More importantly the Dems have already got the mechanisms in place with AI, Mail In, Ballot Harvesting, and micro campaigns targeting voters to assure they will get their folks out. The only question is if Republicans will and if they can convert Independents.

Trump just puts some extra fuel to that fire for Dems and there is a significant fatigue factor with Republicans around him. He has his diehards but there are a LOT of folks that may still vote for him but their enthusiasm is much lower than before. You could see that with the '22 Midterms where consistently Trump candidates underperformed while those Republicans not strongly associated with Trump tended to do fine or very well. It's particularly prevalent in the Suburbs.
One thing that hasn't really been discussed is how this affects campaign donations.

There will be the Not Trump Republicans that will reluctantly vote for Trump if he's the nominee. But, they're damn sure not going to donate any MONEY to him.

That will really hurt in the general.
Seriously77
DeSantis could have been a major player but that ship has sailed. We need to accept the inevitable, Donald Trump will face Biden for the 47th Presidential race.

No one else can win.

Biden or Trump

Pick your poison
BMX Bandit
Vivek has no shame. He's a compete charlatan. Sad so many fall for it.

aggie93
AG
Seriously77 said:

DeSantis could have been a major player but that ship has sailed. We need to accept the inevitable, Donald Trump will face Biden for the 47th Presidential race.

No one else can win.

Biden or Trump

Pick your poison
I will never understand the insistence by so many that we MUST consider the race over before any votes have occurred. If Trump is going to win big so be it, in a month we will have gotten through the first few primaries and it is what it is.

BTW, this isn't an attack against you. It's an attack against the media and the GOP and a number of politicians who have caved to the pressure that Trump has put on them to push this narrative. I still can't believe how many want to nominate a guy who will be 78 years old and not even force him to debate in the primary.

I will say this. If it works for them and we get Trump and he doesn't win or if it ends up being a disaster I will never forget. I already feel like so many folks I used to love to listen to or that were pols I respected are sellouts. The latest is Mike Lee who literally went to fundraisers with DeSantis and is clearly more aligned with him in terms of policy and he comes out a couple days before Iowa and says he has to endorse Trump because it's a binary choice. Coward.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
UAS Ag
Seriously77 said:

No one else can win.

Biden or Trump

Pick your poison
And here comes the campaign slogan again...

"Sure...Trump sucks ass and is a ********, but but but BIDEN!!!!!!!!!!
Vote Trump Or Else!!!"
--- I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.
TRM
AG
P.H. Dexippus said:

LMCane said:

aggie93 said:

aggiehawg said:

she's only 30?!?! she looks at least 40...

but I am sure no one on the left will ever use this photo in a general election campaign.

aggiehawg
AG

Que?
FireAg
AG
He has zero chance in either, honestly…
aggiehawg
AG
FireAg said:

I question that strategy. Guessing his internal polls are bad? or is there a winner-take-all versus proportional allocation question? South Carolina is winner-take -all but by congressional districts, IIRC.
FireAg
AG
I question his strategy in general…

So much put into Iowa, and I'm not sure he's going to get a good ROI…
J. Walter Weatherman
aggiehawg said:

FireAg said:

I question that strategy. Guessing his internal polls are bad? or is there a winner-take-all versus proportional allocation question? South Carolina is winner-take -all but by congressional districts, IIRC.

I think their entire strategy is based on momentum and allowing people to see that Trump isn't as inevitable as everyone wants to make him seem. If DeSantis can win Iowa then that wouldn't really impact NH as much as it would the states after it. Adding in that Sununu decided to endorse Haley for some reason and there's really no point in using a ton of resources there given the small amount of delegates available. Probably a long shot strategy at this point but also probably the only chance they have.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.
Dan Scott
AG
New Hampshire CNN townhall Tuesday night

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2024/01/12/cnn-to-host-republican-presidential-town-hall-with-governor-ron-desantis-from-henniker-new-hampshire/amp/
aggiehawg
AG
Dan Scott said:

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2024/01/12/cnn-to-host-republican-presidential-town-hall-with-governor-ron-desantis-from-henniker-new-hampshire/amp/
Now I am confused again. He's going to SC after Monday nights caucus but then will be in NH Tuesday night anyway?
shiftyandquick
DeSantis will endorse Trump immediately after the Iowa caucus. He will bend the knee and kiss the ring.
Dan Scott
AG
aggiehawg said:

Dan Scott said:

Now I am confused again. He's going to SC after Monday nights caucus but then will be in NH Tuesday night anyway?

If CNN offers a primetime townhall anywhere you go.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, now I understand. I am not on X so the rest of the info was hidden.

Quote:

He will have a campaign event in Greenville, S.C., Tuesday, then he will fly straight to NH for a town hall event.
astros4545
AG
FireAg said:

There is a real chance Trump is dead in a week of old age
Rongagin71
AG
shiftyandquick said:

DeSantis will endorse Trump immediately after the Iowa caucus. He will bend the knee and kiss the ring.
DeSantis will go to South Carolina because it is near Florida and is familiar with his good work as compared to Haley's off&on conservatism...there are more votes there than New Hampshire which (like most of New England) will tend to go to New Yorker Trump.
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Que?
He's going to South Carolina and then immediately to NH. It's more about the message the DeSantis is sending multiple messages. First he is not dropping out after Iowa. Second he thinks he has a better chance in South Carolina than NH. Third he is still going to compete in NH. DeSantis knows the most damaging thing to his campaign if the idea that he is done and is going to drop out.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

FireAg said:

NH is looking worse for DeSantis as well because the Dems are actively spending and encouraging their voters to turn out and vote for Haley.

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/2792914/iowa-caucuses-feature-hidden-complexities/
Quote:

When the surge of conservative populism started sweeping the Republican Party in the fall of 2015, Howard County Republican Party Chairman Neil Shaffer remained firmly behind Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) when he went to caucus in January 2016.
Quote:

There are two candidates who have remarkably not reached out to Shaffer: Trump and Nikki Haley.
Quote:

Shaffer said no one from the Trump campaign has reached out to him about caucus night or anything other than a blanket email that went out in August, "Which makes me wonder about their overall ground game, sort of reminds me of Howard Dean for the Democrats here in 2004, everyone expected Dean to win until they found out there was no ground game."

Biden's decision to skip Iowa and not hold a presidential caucus Monday night Democrats will still meet and caucus over local matters, but their presidential ballot will be done by mail, and the votes will not be revealed until Super Tuesday has brought about a curious interest from local Democrats, Shaffer said.

"I've had several conservative Democrat friends who will be caucusing with Republicans here because the Democrats have passed on it," he said. "I don't know how much of an impact that will have statewide; however they have been very interested in learning about each candidate and showing up."

Shaffer said a lot of Trump's strongest voters have never caucused before, and shockingly they are also not planning to start on Monday. "I've been surprised by the amount of them who told me when I asked them to come to caucus Monday night who told me, 'Nah, he's going to win anyway.'"

Shaffer just shakes his head, "That is where you need a ground game."
Dan Scott
AG
Dan Scott
AG

Do you want to be entertained or have a great executive?
ttu_85
astros4545 said:

FireAg said:

Yes. Polls say so. It must therefore be true.
Old May Banker
AG
Levin is the newest RINO
Dan Scott
AG
FireAg
AG
astros4545 said:

FireAg said:

Yeah…okay…
CREAg87
AG

Under the bus he goes!
Keep your rifle by your side
Seriously77
aggie93 said:

Seriously77 said:

No one else can win.

Biden or Trump

Pick your poison
I will never understand the insistence by so many that we MUST consider the race over before any votes have occurred. If Trump is going to win big so be it, in a month we will have gotten through the first few primaries and it is what it is.

BTW, this isn't an attack against you. It's an attack against the media and the GOP and a number of politicians who have caved to the pressure that Trump has put on them to push this narrative. I still can't believe how many want to nominate a guy who will be 78 years old and not even force him to debate in the primary.

I will say this. If it works for them and we get Trump and he doesn't win or if it ends up being a disaster I will never forget. I already feel like so many folks I used to love to listen to or that were pols I respected are sellouts. The latest is Mike Lee who literally went to fundraisers with DeSantis and is clearly more aligned with him in terms of policy and he comes out a couple days before Iowa and says he has to endorse Trump because it's a binary choice. Coward.
Okay, support your candidate till the end, I get that.
LMCane
ttu_85
CREAg87 said:

Under the bus he goes!
Like 100's before him. Trump is a clown when it comes to relationships. Seems all his relationships go south. After all. loyalty goes 1 way with this guy.
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.