OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,407 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
J. Walter Weatherman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No Spin Ag said:

LMCane said:

and look at the grifter Patrick Bet David guffawing along with this idiocy.

just what you want to teach your daughters! better to be pretty than intelligent.

I'm thinking of she was fifty pounds heavier and twenty years older, Trump wouldn't have hired her.

Still amazes me so many people still support someone who is so obviously a complete scumbag. What a bizarre time we're living in.
BigRobSA
LMCane said:

BigRobSA said:

Nothing is "impossible", but cheating in a caucus in Iowa is pretty close to impossible.

Of course, Trump and his team have zero idea wtf they're talking about. Par for the course.
are the Trumpers deliberately sending out incorrect caucus information to DeSantis supporters so they go to the wrong place?

or it's just another in a long line of incompetent idiotic moves by Trump?

I'm going with the latter. "Top men" and all.
TRM
AG
Seems good.
J. Walter Weatherman
Fact check: True

https://thehill.com/media/4391022-desantis-conservative-media-is-afraid-to-criticize-trump/

Quote:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) suggested certain political pundits on the right and conservative media more generally are shying away from criticizing former President Trump for fear of angering their audiences.
"We got to hold him accountable. … This idea that like all these conservative radio guys and Fox News people like, you know, they will like never criticize because they're so concerned that someone may yell at them," DeSantis said during a campaign event in Iowa this week.

"Look, anyone running for office answers to you, you have every right to hold these people accountable and you should hold him accountable when he's taking those positions that are not consistent with the values here in northwest Iowa," he added.

LMCane
as many of us have stated so many times over the last three years:

if the GOP primary voters are idiotic enough to choose 80 year old Trump over DeSantis

they will deserve the next 5 years of leftist ruin.
aggie93
AG
This is just amazing, it's truly like watching a slow motion train wreck. Hawg, do you have any thoughts on this?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

This is just amazing, it's truly like watching a slow motion train wreck. Hawg, do you have any thoughts on this?
Not really. She's making the point that Kavanaugh will follow the law. Trump has strong cases on both the ballot issues and on his immunity claim as to the Jan 6th case.

And the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings were a s***show.
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Not really. She's making the point that Kavanaugh will follow the law. Trump has strong cases on both the ballot issues and on his immunity claim as to the Jan 6th case.

And the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings were a s***show.
Oh I don't disagree and understand what she was trying to say. I also know that if a lawyer comes out and says a judge who their client appointed will "step up" for you on a news program that's a pretty stupid thing to do. It doesn't help you in your case but it could put pressure on the judge to look like they aren't objective or that they owe your client in some way.

I'm not a lawyer though.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggiehawg
AG
Trying to second guess what SCOTUS will do as opposed to what the should do under the law has been a risky proposition with the Roberts' Court. I learned that with the ObamaCare decision.
aggie93
AG
aggiehawg said:

Trying to second guess what SCOTUS will do as opposed to what the should do under the law has been a risky proposition with the Roberts' Court. I learned that with the ObamaCare decision.
Once again I don't disagree but that's not the question. The question is the competence of Trump's attorney for making that statement on TV not how the Court will eventually decide.

Ronald Reagan
LMCane
Barnyard96
AG
LMCane said:

if the GOP primary voters are idiotic enough to choose 80 year old Trump over DeSantis

Will you pull the lever for Trump is he is the nominee?
aggiehawg
AG
This is not...helpful. There's a better nuanced answer to be made there.

Phatbob
AG
aggiehawg said:

I am shocked that it was just a mid-sentence clip of both the question and the answer, almost as if "Johnny MAGA" only wants a gotcha clip instead of the actual question and answer. Shocked, I tell you!
Rapier108
aggiehawg said:

That Twitter bozo has previously said DeSantis and his supporters should be be "eliminated." Who gives a crap what that loser says? No doubt he would put every DeSantis supporter into a cattle car and send them to the gas chamber. He is nuttier than Loomer.

And rioting at the Capitol was not patriotism. The ones ones who protested peacefully and went home, sure.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I am shocked that it was just a mid-sentence clip of both the question and the answer, almost as if "Johnny MAGA" only wants a gotcha clip instead of the actual question and answer. Shocked, I tell you!
He gave an emphatic, "No," when asked about the motive of those attending Jan 6th as being "patriotic."

He should have hedged before saying that, "No."
Old May Banker
AG
Trump's bootlickers aren't voting for him anyway. But the answer should be better.
aggiehawg
AG
Old May Banker said:

Trump's bootlickers aren't voting for him anyway. But the answer should be better.
That was an unforced error on his part. He doesn't need to get into "good people on both sides" Charlottesville territory but supporting the right of the people to assemble and petition for redress of grievances in a general way before saying the events of that day were sad and even tragic. Assessing blame on one party or another is...as I said...not helpful this close to the primaries starting.
FL_Ag1998
AG
So DeSantis is the one who needs to be more nuanced in his answers, and every comment he or his wife makes are dissected for faults. Yet Trump can put out literal gibberish and there's absolutely zero responses from his supporters about how outright bizarre or outlandish or just plain b.s. they are. In fact, there's immediate scrambling to interpret "what Trump really meant" and explain how brilliant his statements actually are.

And yes, DeSantis isn't perfect in his comments. But for once I'd like to see the same scrutiny on Trump's statements from his supporters.
Phatbob
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

He gave an emphatic, "No," when asked about the motive of those attending Jan 6th as being "patriotic."

He should have hedged before saying that, "No."
There was context both before the midsentence of the question and the answer... and it there is no way to determine from that clip that he was saying "no, they were not being patriotic", unless you edit it to do so. I don't buy quotes like that about Trump either, it's just a way to edit clips to say something that they really don't.
Old May Banker
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

So DeSantis is the one who needs to be more nuanced in his answers, and every comment he or his wife makes are dissected for faults. Yet Trump can put out literal gibberish and there's absolutely zero responses from his supporters about how outright bizarre or outlandish or just plain b.s. they are. In fact, there's immediate scrambling to interpret "what Trump really meant" and explain how brilliant his statements actually are.

And yes, DeSantis isn't perfect in his comments. But for once I'd like to see the same scrutiny on Trump's statements from his supporters.
FL_Ag1998
AG
And asking whether they "displayed patriotism" is a loaded, gotcha-question.

What some were protesting was how the election was carried out and what others were protesting was the the result of the election. I don't believe every protester there that day fits into the same small box that so many want to fit them into. You can't ask one question about "displaying patriotism" that adequately covers every protestor that day nor can you produce one answer that covers them all either.

You're right its a much more nuanced topic, so trying to address it by answering such a simplistic gotcha question like that is difficult if not impossible. DeSantis could have been more nuanced, and maybe he was in his full answer that stupid Johnny Dumbass cut off.

I just want to see Trump's statements held up to the same scrutiny by the same people who are calling out DeSantis' comments. It hasn't happened and I don't expect it to.
Rapier108
FL_Ag1998 said:

But for once I'd like to see the same scrutiny on Trump's statements from his supporters.
You know that will never happen, ever.

It would be like asking a Christian to criticize Jesus, or a Muslim to criticize Mohammed.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Rapier108
Quote:

DeSantis could have been more nuanced, and maybe he was in his full answer that stupid Johnny Dumbass cut off.
Nothing that Twitter troglodyte posts should be taken at face value.
J. Walter Weatherman
FL_Ag1998 said:

And asking whether they "displayed patriotism" is a loaded, gotcha-question.

What some were protesting was how the election was carried out and what others were protesting was the the result of the election. I don't believe every protester there that day fits into the same small box that so many want to fit them into. You can't ask one question about "displaying patriotism" that adequately covers every protestor that day nor can you produce one answer that covers them all either.

You're right its a much more nuanced topic, so trying to address it by answering such a simplistic gotcha question like that is difficult if not impossible. DeSantis could have been more nuanced, and maybe he was in his full answer that stupid Johnny Dumbass cut off.

I just want to see Trump's statements held up to the same scrutiny by the same people who are calling out DeSantis' comments. It hasn't happened and I don't expect it to.

No kidding. Trump speaks in literal gibberish and Maga doesn't bat an eye. But they are analyzing DeSantis' statements like it's the zapruder film? Would be embarrassing but that would involve them having any shame whatsoever.
Barnyard96
AG
Rapier108 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

But for once I'd like to see the same scrutiny on Trump's statements from his supporters.
You know that will never happen, ever.

It would be like asking a Christian to criticize Jesus, or a Muslim to criticize Mohammed.

I think Trump is an *******; but he'll get my vote if he's the nominee.
FireAg
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Trump is in the lead, and he's the defacto incumbent…whether you like it or not, he is going to have more latitude than the guy trying to catch up to him…

That's politics…
FL_Ag1998
AG
FireAg said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Trump is in the lead, and he's the defacto incumbent…whether you like it or not, he is going to have more latitude than the guy trying to catch up to him…

That's politics…

I'm talking about scrutiny from the same people who critique every word out of DeSantis' mouth, i.e. Trump supporters. Those people aren't giving Trump latitude simply because he's in the lead of these polls. They're giving him latitude because they've sold their morals to jump on the Trump revenge train, which means they dare not scrutinize him or risk the wrath of their MAGA brethren.

That's got nothing to do with what you're trying to claim in defense of the Trump non-scrutiny.
FireAg
AG
Why do they have to apply the same scrutiny to the candidate they prefer? Why should they scrutinize their guy when you (and others) won't scrutinize your guy for the missteps he (and his campaign) have made? Shouldn't that door swing both ways?
Rapier108
FireAg said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

That's politics…
Nothing to do with polls except in your mind because polls are the end all, be all of everything political.

Heck, you don't even think the voters matter, just what the polls say.
FireAg
AG
SCOTUS is going to hear the CO ballot exclusion case…DeSantis's BEST chance to win the R Primary this year would be for SCOTUS to rule in favor of the CO SoS…

If they do that, then other liberal and swing states will attempt to do the same thing, and all of a sudden, Trump won't have the required number of electors, and either there's a brokered convention, or DeSantis (or Haley) wins outright…

Now, if SCOTUS rules in favor of CO, don't be surprised if there is violence in the streets…. I'm very much interested to see how SCOTUS applies the insurrection part of the 14th in a case where POTUS was never convicted of such…
FL_Ag1998
AG
FireAg said:

Why do they have to apply the same scrutiny to the candidate they prefer? Why should they scrutinize their guy when you (and others) won't scrutinize your guy for the missteps he (and his campaign) have made? Shouldn't that door swing both ways?

Lol, didn't I say above that DeSantis is not perfect and could have been more nuanced? Strange, I feel like I did. I've also commented previously that I'm not a fan of all of DeSantis' actions in the past (or legislation that has benefitted him, like the law that was passed in FL shielding his travel details "in the name of safety"). I've also commented about his stiffness in some of his MSM appearances and how he needs to relax in those like he does in one-on-one situations.

But nice try avoiding my point and weakly trying to turn it around on me, lol.
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

SCOTUS is going to hear the CO ballot exclusion case…DeSantis's BEST chance to win the R Primary this year would be for SCOTUS to rule in favor of the CO SoS…

If they do that, then other liberal and swing states will attempt to do the same thing, and all of a sudden, Trump won't have the required number of electors, and either there's a brokered convention, or DeSantis (or Haley) wins outright…

Now, if SCOTUS rules in favor of CO, don't be surprised if there is violence in the streets…. I'm very much interested to see how SCOTUS applies the insurrection part of the 14th in a case where POTUS was never convicted of such…
That would be a disaster if CO or any state keeps Trump off the ballot. There certainly isn't a "win" for DeSantis if that happens. First off, people would just write in Trump. Second, if DeSantis won because of Trump being disqualified he would not be considered legitimate to Republicans and thus would lose if he accepted the nomination because of that.

BTW this isn't remotely the big fight either. That's going to happen when Trump starts racking up convictions and that's almost certain to happen (whether it is right or wrong is irrelevant to the political question).

The ONLY paths out are 1) Trump beats all the charges with his crack legal team (lol) or they are dismissed (double lol). 2) Trump drops out and says for the good of the Party and endorses someone else and we have a primary between them (basically too late for this and lol anyway) or 3) Trump loses the primary straight up and takes the L (most likely of the 3 but a longshot at best).

So buckle up kids, we are picking up speed as we drive off the cliff.

Ronald Reagan
ttu_85
Barnyard96 said:

LMCane said:

Will you pull the lever for Trump is he is the nominee?
Yes, while I throw up. I despise the democrats that much. Trump is a jackass. The other party is even worse.
PA24
AG
aggiehawg said:

Dude has no sense of awareness, doesn't have a chance.
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.