OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

425,626 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old May Banker said:

Trump should beg his supporters to vote RD, let him pardon him, and cut a deal for some cabinet position. Regardless of my dislike for him attacking conservatives, the dude doesn't need to put himself thru this **** at nearly 80 years old. I get that the indictments are all bull*****.. but tell Desantis where the bodies are buried, get pardoned, and be free to wreck shop without this **** hanging around your neck.
If Trump was intelligent and not consumed by his narcissistic rage and ego- he WOULD HAVE DONE THAT TWO YEARS AGO

he has no interest in going into that good night quietly- it's pretty likely none of these indictments would even be happening if he had retired in February 2021.

then again it wouldn't be happening if he hadn't encouraged January 6 either.

"5d chess" !!

What people don't understand is that Trump has always been a marketing genius, but that doesn't mean he is overly intelligent. Plenty of great con men are of average intelligence.

they are just great at conning people.
Charpie
AG
LMCane said:

Trump's own cronies admitted under oath they knew they lost the election, and that Trump knew he lost the election. But they had concocted a strategy EVEN BEFORE the election to claim it was stolen so they could raise money for Trump's legal fees and to sow chaos:

I've mentioned this before. It still won't be enough for the trump supporters to believe that the election wasn't stolen
LMCane
Trump is going to be convicted of a felony in the DC indictment.

Too much evidence against him from Republican politicians and republican government officials.

Plus they have Co-Conspirator 4 Jeffrey Clark dead to rights on trying to lie and use the Department of Justice to overturn the election.

Amazingly, Trump was trying to use officials in the DOJ to subvert an election- it's not that Trump is against the "Deep State" he just wants to be able to use it for himself!

Full 45 Page Indictment of Trump on Overturning the Election
LMCane
Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Trump's own cronies admitted under oath they knew they lost the election, and that Trump knew he lost the election. But they had concocted a strategy EVEN BEFORE the election to claim it was stolen so they could raise money for Trump's legal fees and to sow chaos:

I've mentioned this before. It still won't be enough for the trump supporters to believe that the election wasn't stolen
Yep. The fact is that the true Trump hardcore dead enders will never accept any evidence against him. Just as Trump himself stated back in 2015 "I could shoot someone in New York City" and his defenders would still not believe it.

what type of a person is that called again?

No matter how many REPUBLICANS have testified UNDER OATH that the election was not stolen,

that Trump really did lose in all those states, no matter how many GOP appointed Judges ruled in every single case there was no evidence of fraud to justify overturning the state elections-

the Trump dead enders can't psychologically acknowledge reality. It would shatter their self image.

in reading the indictment, I bet Pence is going to be even more upset that Trump was setting him up to be the fall guy!
Phatbob
AG
My concern is Trump gets a conviction. Republican Party agrees he can't be on the ticket. Trump still runs as a write-in candidate to keep donations coming in but all the while saying "I'm the only one fighting the deep state. Don't let them win".

All the people who claim they would vote for the Republican nominee no matter what will instead be writing in Trump. It gives the left even more reason to push for a conviction if they can be certain of a split vote in 2024
texagbeliever
LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Yep. The fact is that the true Trump hardcore dead enders will never accept any evidence against him. Just as Trump himself stated back in 2015 "I could shoot someone in New York City" and his defenders would still not believe it.

No matter how many REPUBLICANS have testified UNDER OATH that the election was not stolen,

that Trump really did lose in all those states, no matter how many GOP appointed Judges ruled in every single case there was no evidence of fraud to justify overturning the state elections-

the Trump dead enders can't psychologically acknowledge reality. It would shatter their self image.

in reading the indictment, I bet Pence is going to be even more upset that Trump was setting him up to be the fall guy!

Look DeSantis crew. Read these posts. None of this lines up with how yall communicate or think. LMC is obviously looking to gaslight and foment divide. Charpie, our new big "Desantis" moderate has a take that is really concerned and once again breaks to the liberal side.

I get you don't have to like Trump but please be aware that their are at least many wolves in sheep's clothing. And as best you can, avoid following their lead.
nortex97
AG
After yesterday, all candidates should vow never to step foot in DC after being sworn in, to make sure the CCP-Dems can't claim they take actions in the swamp and face trial/indictment there. The era of 'remote white house' leadership is upon us, in more ways than one.

State of the union can be a zoom call, or just a memo again. Save money on travel/energy bills heading to/from vacation/running the White House.
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Look DeSantis crew. Read these posts. None of this lines up with how yall communicate or think. LMC is obviously looking to gaslight and foment divide. Charpie, our new big "Desantis" moderate has a take that is really concerned and once again breaks to the liberal side.

I get you don't have to like Trump but please be aware that there are at least many wolves in sheep's clothing. And as best you can, avoid following their lead.

Pointing out that there is zero evidence that the election was stolen is not "the liberal side." It's the side of people with common sense, something the Republican Party used to be the home for before they let a grifting, lifelong Democrat con artist hijack the party. Thankfully Trump will be gone soon and we have people like DeSantis, Youngkin and others to bring the party back where it's supposed to be.
nortex97
AG

LOL, don't worry, he'll get it right, umm, next year?
LarryElder
texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

I get you don't have to like Trump but please be aware that there are at least many wolves in sheep's clothing. And as best you can, avoid following their lead.

Isn't LMC Barnes ? Let that sink in
FireAg
AG
Is there a path the RNC can take to remove Trump from the primary ballots, at least in key states?

I'm not sure there is a loophole available where it can be done, but I do think that would be the best path for DeSantis to win the nomination…

Most voters, even proclaimed hardliners, are too lazy to take the time to write someone in…even Trump…

I think if the RNC wants DeSantis to be the guy, they need to get Trump out of the way by hook or by crook…
The Banned
texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

I get you don't have to like Trump but please be aware that their are at least many wolves in sheep's clothing. And as best you can, avoid following their lead.

Which part was the gaslighting? I asked genuinely, not to be an ass
texagbeliever
The Banned said:

texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Go look at the indictment threads. See how that same hot take LMC posted is similar to all the resident covid vaccine fan boys who claim to be moderates but 100% believe Trump deserves to be thrown in jail. Just because it is coming from "your team" you don't want to reject it. It is group behavioral psychology because you don't want to create internal strife. Or not. Done on this thread for the day.

To answer the question actually asked. LMC is like the church members who join a church but don't actually believe the doctrine of the church. They slowly make friends and pull church members to their side. Then once they think they have a 1/5 of the church they bring up the doctrinal issue like gay marriage or everyone goes to heaven. If the church fails to weed out and stand up for itself the inevitable outcome is for the church to abandon God and fall to the whims of the wolves.

Argue the legitimacy of these indictments on the indictment threads. Better minds are there.
The Banned
texagbeliever said:

The Banned said:

texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Go look at the impeachment threads. See how that same hot take LMC posted is similar to all the resident covid vaccine fan boys who claim to be moderates but 100% believe Trump deserves to be thrown in jail. Just because it is coming from "your team" you don't want to reject it. It is group behavioral psychology because you don't want to create internal strife. Or not. Done on this thread for the day

If trumps own people are saying there is no fraud, how should he/we approach it?
TRM
AG
FireAg said:

Is there a path the RNC can take to remove Trump from the primary ballots, at least in key states?

I'm not sure there is a loophole available where it can be done, but I do think that would be the best path for DeSantis to win the nomination…

Most voters, even proclaimed hardliners, are too lazy to take the time to write someone in…even Trump…

I think if the RNC wants DeSantis to be the guy, they need to get Trump out of the way by hook or by crook…
Remember some libs want to use the 14th amendment to remove Trump from the ballot. Dem SoS would do that in AZ, WI, MI, and PA and sink any GOP chance before the general election even gets started.
TRM
AG
Trump's new legal defense fund is a 527, so it can accept unlimited donations and foreign donations. I find that troubling. Talk about selling your presidency.
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

The Banned said:

texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Go look at the impeachment threads. See how that same hot take LMC posted is similar to all the resident covid vaccine fan boys who claim to be moderates but 100% believe Trump deserves to be thrown in jail. Just because it is coming from "your team" you don't want to reject it. It is group behavioral psychology because you don't want to create internal strife. Or not. Done on this thread for the day

Yea, going to need to see some evidence of this.
texagbeliever
J. Walter Weatherman said:

texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Pointing out that there is zero evidence that the election was stolen is not "the liberal side." It's the side of people with common sense, something the Republican Party used to be the home for before they let a grifting, lifelong Democrat con artist hijack the party. Thankfully Trump will be gone soon and we have people like DeSantis, Youngkin and others to bring the party back where it's supposed to be.

Sorry I broke my rule.

There was zero evidence the vaccine had side effects or that lockdowns weren't effective at slowing covid.

I can understand a republican arguing there isn't sufficient evidence to prove in a court of law or sway public option that cheating happened but to say zero evidence. That is just stupidity.
J. Walter Weatherman
texagbeliever said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

Sorry I broke my rule.

There was zero evidence the vaccine had side effects or that lockdowns weren't effective at slowing covid.

I can understand a republican arguing there isn't sufficient evidence to prove in a court of law or sway public option that cheating happened but to say zero evidence. That is just stupidity.

Stupidity is still believing Trump's election lies when his own people are testifying, under oath, that it's bs.
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

LMCane said:

Charpie said:

LMCane said:

I think it is important to be pragmatic. Most Trump diehards that I have talked to will equate election fraud (which we know there is more than 0) and the clear media interference regarding Trump and Biden. Those are not the same thing.The media interference is obvious and may have effected enough votes to swing an election, but it's like complaining about referee home cooking at a football game, it changes nothing. Election Fraud is what is important, and that, once it is done, is next to impossible to prove, and when pressed, even those hand picked by Trump can't do it. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that we have no way to prove it, and therefore no way to prove the election was swayed in one way or the other ("stolen").

There are a couple of ways to go with this. Either the chosen people to represent Trump, hand picked by Trump, are incompetent, or they are secret double agents, or it just simply cannot be proved to have happened in court. It's one thing to think one or 2 people who Trump picked for this were secretly on Team Establishment. It's another to think that all of them are secret double agents, and even if it were the case, then Trump handpicks establishment people to run things. The likelyhood is that either 1 of the remaining 2 things are true, and neither of them are positives to Trump. If all of them are incompetent, then Trump has a long history of choosing incompetent people, which as president, would explain why he couldn't really get much done. Not a good look for a leader. The other, option, where it is not provable in court, means that Trump took a horrible wrong turn in strategy by going all in on this, essentially sinking his own ability to run for office and possibly taking the Republican party down with him. Also doesn't speak well of the former president.

Regardless of whether or not you think the election was "stolen", the strategy Trump took has been a dramatic failure. We get to choose how widespread the consequences of that failure are. At this point it seems like we are doing everything we can to make sure the country is going to go down with him.
texagbeliever
You seem to have missed the point of my post.

I can see the logic of thinking Trumps strategy is a losing one. But that is a far cry from "zero evidence" is going to be in jail non-sense that some "desantis" posters flood this board with. I'm just pointing out that delination of message and warning to not trust those people because they have seemingly been on your side.

I don't fault you for thinking DeSantis is a better candidate in 2024. I can't prove he isn't. I will push back on the idea one can prove that (given present conditions) he absolutely is. That is my perspective and I've been largely consistent with it.
FireAg
AG
TRM said:

FireAg said:

Remember some libs want to use the 14th amendment to remove Trump from the ballot. Dem SoS would do that in AZ, WI, MI, and PA and sink any GOP chance before the general election even gets started.

Would they? I thought D's wanted TRUMP, not DESANTIS, as the R challenger in 2024…

Isn't that why many polls are showing Trump with a huge lead…to help propel a losing name to the top of the ballot? Isn't that why D's continue to pursue indictments and prosecute absolutely bogus crimes…because that fires up the Trump base and keeps him at the top so he can be the R nominee and thus easily defeated in 2024?

So why would D SOS's want to help Republicans win the White House in 2024 by ensuring DeSantis is the nominee?

You can't have it both ways…either Ds want him as the nominee because it's an easy win for Ds, or Ds are scared to death of him and know they can't pull a rabbit out of their hat twice to defeat him…

So if you truly believe the Ds are playing 4D chess and want to force Trump to be the nominee in 2024, why on God's green earth would D SOS's want to REMOVE him from their respective state's primary ballots?

No…if you truly believe the D's want to run against Trump in 2024, then as R's who think Trump is a losing proposition, you have to accept that it is only R's with the power to do so (if that even exists as a possibility) are the only ones who can prevent it by removing him by hook or by crook from primary ballots…. The D's, based on many of your OWN ARGUMENTS, would have ZERO incentive to do so because it will be incredibly easy to beat Trump in 2024 and maintain 4 more years of liberal power in the Oval Office…
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

I can see the logic of thinking Trumps strategy is a losing one. But that is a far cry from "zero evidence" is going to be in jail non-sense that some "desantis" posters flood this board with. I'm just pointing out that delination of message and warning to not trust those people because they have seemingly been on your side.

I don't fault you for thinking DeSantis is a better candidate in 2024. I can't prove he isn't. I will push back on the idea one can prove that (given present conditions) he absolutely is. That is my perspective and I've been largely consistent with it.
But functionally there is very little difference between "not enough" evidence, and "zero" evidence. To be pragmatic, you have to admit that any evidence you think might point in your favor, may actually not be evidence. It's a version of your position is never as good as you think it is, but also not as bad as your opponent says it is. The problem is, the opponent isn't the one having to prove a damn thing.
texagbeliever
Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

But functionally there is very little difference between "not enough" evidence, and "zero" evidence. To be pragmatic, you have to admit that any evidence you think might point in your favor, may actually not be evidence. It's a version of your position is never as good as you think it is, but also not as bad as your opponent says it is. The problem is, the opponent isn't the one having to prove a damn thing.

Some evidence is a far cry from no evidence.

OJ was innocent but people are certainly justified based on some evidence to think he was guilty.
There is 0 evidence that Hunter brought cocaine into the white house yet I bet all DeSantis posters think it was his. There is little evidence that Fauci actually wanted to harm Americans with bad medical policy yet everyone here believes it.

Sometimes life doesn't give the gift of certainty that doesn't mean you allow lies to be passed as truths. In this case 0 evidence.
TRM
AG
FireAg said:

TRM said:

FireAg said:

Would they? I thought D's wanted TRUMP, not DESANTIS, as the R challenger in 2024…

Isn't that why many polls are showing Trump with a huge lead…to help propel a losing name to the top of the ballot? Isn't that why D's continue to pursue indictments and prosecute absolutely bogus crimes…because that fires up the Trump base and keeps him at the top so he can be the R nominee and thus easily defeated in 2024?

So why would D SOS's want to help Republicans win the White House in 2024 by ensuring DeSantis is the nominee?

You can't have it both ways…either Ds want him as the nominee because it's an easy win for Ds, or Ds are scared to death of him and know they can't pull a rabbit out of their hat twice to defeat him…

So if you truly believe the Ds are playing 4D chess and want to force Trump to be the nominee in 2024, why on God's green earth would D SOS's want to REMOVE him from their respective state's primary ballots?

No…if you truly believe the D's want to run against Trump in 2024, then as R's who think Trump is a losing proposition, you have to accept that it is only R's with the power to do so (if that even exists as a possibility) are the only ones who can prevent it by removing him by hook or by crook from primary ballots…. The D's, based on many of your OWN ARGUMENTS, would have ZERO incentive to do so because it will be incredibly easy to beat Trump in 2024 and maintain 4 more years of liberal power in the Oval Office…
If they get Trump as the nominee, they can remove him and Joe can stay in his basement essentially stacking the deck against him.
Phatbob
AG
FireAg said:

TRM said:

FireAg said:

I obviously have no more connection to know this more than anyone else, but I do think they would want as much chaos on the Republican side as possible. How perfect of a situation could there be for a candidate as bad as Biden to go against a fractured Republican party. If no one gets to the required delegates, Does the Trump block go quietly into the night in a 52-48 convention where Trump wasn't on the ballot in some states, or do they do a write-in campaign in the general? It is a recipe for a disaster for the Republican primary no matter what happens There is no situation that is bad for Democrats if they go that route, and it is entirely up to them whether or not they do it.
TRADUCTOR
FireAg said:

BINGO
aggie93
AG
FireAg said:

Disagree. Any attempt to have the RNC interfere with Trump being on primary ballots will backfire. The issue is the General election where there are SoS who will keep Trump off the ballot but by then it will be too late. DeSantis has to win in what is seen as a fair manner or else it will be a real problem. That said most of the truly hardcore Trump only voters are in Deep Red states and there aren't enough of them to swing the election most likely. That's especially true since DeSantis has all but said he will pardon Trump and he has definitely pledged to go after the Deep State.

Also, Trump is the one who endorsed Ronna McDaniel while DeSantis backed Dhillon. McDaniel literally owes her job to Trump because if he had joined with DeSantis there is no way she would have won. That's always been the biggest joke to me, Trump is the one that has the actual RNC connections not DeSantis. BTW, the RNC really only has power over rules for debates and such, they have become very weak (though not as weak as the DNC). The real money is in PACs separate from the RNC.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
texagbeliever said:

Phatbob said:

texagbeliever said:

Some evidence is a far cry from no evidence.

OJ was innocent but people are certainly justified based on some evidence to think he was guilty.
There is 0 evidence that Hunter brought cocaine into the white house yet I bet all DeSantis posters think it was his. There is little evidence that Fauci actually wanted to harm Americans with bad medical policy yet everyone here believes it.

Sometimes life doesn't give the gift of certainty that doesn't mean you allow lies to be passed as truths. In this case 0 evidence.
I get your frustration I really do but there are always going to be posters that are more animated than others. That goes for both DeSantis and Trump supporters. To me the far more relevant thing to look at is the candidates themselves and what they are saying and doing. If for no other reason it is really easy to false flag or troll as a random internet poster or people can also just get worked up and rage post. Unless they are crossing the line sometimes you just have to ignore it. There is no way to control that type of thing and if you want to hold others accountable because someone else who holds similar views is too animated then you will always find a reason for outrage.

In the meantime I find it interesting that once again with everything that happened yesterday that Trump's first and strongest reaction was to put up about 10 rage posts against DeSantis. Not Biden, not the DOJ, DeSantis. No words against Pence or Asa who were cheerleading the indictments but instead attacking the guy who thinks it is wrong and there are 2 standards of justice and he will pardon Trump. Why is he mad at DeSantis? Because he won't just drop out and give him the $100 million he has raised which Trump will likely use for his legal bills. Yeah, that's certainly a reasonable request.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
This is extremely well stated, it's time to face reality:

Ronald Reagan
texagbeliever
Guy makes good points then his bias shows.

I believe I posted months ago how DeSantis is the Republican safety net if the Democrats take down Trump. The more success DeSantis has is actually protection for Trump. The more success Trump has is protection for DeSantis. Really just Trump being in it is protection for DeSantis.

The RNC gave themselves 2 avenues for victory. They are now just waiting for the Democrats to pick the winning strategy. That is why Fire and I are trying to help yall realize you are not helping the cause.

If Trump holds off and wins the indictment he will be vindicated and will be bolstered to huge success. If he loses and DeSantis rises then it will be a huge rally to DeSantis and he will win. That is the future. Conservatives are in a good spot.
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

either Ds want him as the nominee because it's an easy win for Ds, or Ds are scared to death of him and know they can't pull a rabbit out of their hat twice to defeat him…

Or option 3.... they don't care which one it is if they can sufficiently divide the party with indictment after indictment.
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

Guy makes good points then his bias shows.

I believe I posted months ago how DeSantis is the Republican safety net if the Democrats take down Trump. The more success DeSantis has is actually protection for Trump. The more success Trump has is protection for DeSantis. Really just Trump being in it is protection for DeSantis.

The RNC gave themselves 2 avenues for victory. They are now just waiting for the Democrats to pick the winning strategy. That is why Fire and I are trying to help yall realize you are not helping the cause.

If Trump holds off and wins the indictment he will be vindicated and will be bolstered to huge success. If he loses and DeSantis rises then it will be a huge rally to DeSantis and he will win. That is the future. Conservatives are in a good spot.
I would agree with you if I didn't think that this whole thing, even if you go with the most generous take possible, didn't point to Trump being enormously unsuited for the role of president.

Trump is like a desperate drowning person. We can try to save him, but if we do try, he is going to take us down with him.
texagbeliever
Since your edit really changed your post. The second part you added is meh.

It is out of our hands. I think Trumps unfitness will likely lead dems to want to take him out. But you can't argue that Trump as president will be at worst a hold of serve for our republic and setup DeSantis for success in 2028.
Phatbob
AG
texagbeliever said:

That's fine, it is out of our hands. I think Trumps unfitness will likely lead dems to want to take him out. But you can't argue that Trump as president will be at worst a hold of serve for our republic and setup DeSantis for success in 2028.
I used to think that, but the way he has behaved since even before the election has made me not think that anymore. I truly believe we will be in a worse place in 4 years if he is president. Not as bad as with Biden, but still worse than now.
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.