OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,477 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phatbob said:

Bryanisbest said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

Or... and stay with me on this... you are a troll and have ignored all of the evidence posted in this entire thread...
Troll cause i have different opinion i see no evidence Destantis has a better chance to beat biden he's polling terribly within his own parties primary

No, troll because you use terms like "meatball ron," which shows you're not actually interested in a discussion.
right like the term cult45 thrown around here by almost every DeSantis supporter.

Describing Trump's idiot lemming followers as a cult is not trolling, it's accurate. Calling a presidential candidate meatball Ron is a perfect example of that cult behavior.

How many names for Trump have been as bad or worse than meatball? We may have more than one cult involved in this race if your criteria is correct.

You and LarryEldertroll have inspired me. I used to think these sorts of things were childish and pretty much disqualified someone from being taken seriously. But since this is now the height of political aplumb... since he can't seem to even be out of office and not still get rolled by Washington, I shall now always refer to the former president as "IncompeTrump".

You're almost there. IncomparaTrump will make you a sure winner.
BigRobSA
aggie93 said:

Rapier108 said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

Or... and stay with me on this... you are a troll and have ignored all of the evidence posted in this entire thread...
Troll cause i have different opinion i see no evidence Destantis has a better chance to beat biden he's polling terribly within his own parties primary

No, troll because you use terms like "meatball ron," which shows you're not actually interested in a discussion.
right like the term cult45 thrown around here by almost every DeSantis supporter.

Describing Trump's idiot lemming followers as a cult is not trolling, it's accurate. Calling a presidential candidate meatball Ron is a perfect example of that cult behavior.
meatball ron supporters can dish out but are too sensitive to get it back. sounds about right like your whiny candidate.

Also, if you voted in 2016 for Trump were you a lemming then????

I don't vote for liberals (which Trump has been basically his entire life) so I voted 3rd party in 2016 and 2020. Since I live in Texas it doesn't actually matter but would have had to consider it if I didn't.

Either way, just voting for Trump in the general doesn't make someone a cultist - there's nothing wrong with voting for the only option against the left. Calling grown adults running for president 3rd grade nicknames because Dear Leader told you to definitely fits the label though.
So did Rhonda DeSantis tell his supports to refer to Trump supporters as Cult45? Can you show me where Trump told his supporters to mock Rhonda Desantis?

Look at the post above this one

I believe #Cult45 was a Texags special but it could have come from somewhere else. DeSantis has basically ignored or laughed at all of Trump's weird nicknames though, 1. because he's an adult, and 2. he knows it's all Trump has since he and his followers know basically nothing about actual policy.
I wish I could take credit for making up Cult45, but alas, I can't. I stole it from elsewhere, but thought it was extremely accurate.
FWIW I think the "Cult45" thing is counterproductive. Attack Trump or maybe attack an individual supporter but "Cult 45" mixes the crazies with the folks who just like Trump and makes it harder to win them over. I would prefer DeSantis folks didn't use it.

Same here.

Trump supporters are wrong, but namecalling is what Trump does, because he has a child's intellect and thin skin (and small hands).

It is hilarious, and ironic, that the same silly name calling irritates them, but they support an unintelligent narcissist who uses the stupidest names possible for people he doesn't like. Almost all of them eleventy percent more conservative and intelligent than he could ever be.
LMCane
CREAg87 said:

Good article on Trump's feuds with Republican governors:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/07/donald-trumps-stupid-pointless-war-on-republican-governors/

Some select quotes:
Quote:

Some of Trump's most famous feuds with highly successful Republican governors date back to the previously red states Trump lost in 2020. Trump vowed to defeat Brian Kemp in 2022. Kemp had long been a reliable Trump ally and supporter, but he declined to call a special session of the Georgia legislature to attempt (entirely improperly) to have Trump declared the winner of Georgia in 2020. For that offense and no other reason, Trump in September 2021 claimed that Kemp was "a disaster," that "the people of Georgia must replace" him, and that the arch-progressive Democrat Stacey Abrams "might be better than having your existing governor, if you want to know what I think, might very well be better."
Quote:

Trump put up former senator David Perdue to primary Kemp. Perdue was well liked in Georgia before Trump's break with Kemp: He won by more than seven points in 2014, got more votes than Democrat Jon Ossoff on Election Day 2020, and even after Trump's post-election tantrum, he didn't lose all that badly to Ossoff in the runoff. But matched against Kemp, Perdue got massacred by more than 50 points, as Kemp drew 73.7 percent of the vote to Perdue's 21.8 percent. Threats that Kemp would be unelectable due to his alienating MAGA voters proved hollow: He won by 7.8 points in November, earning 200,000 more votes on Election Day than Trump's handpicked Senate candidate Herschel Walker.
Big oof all around- and to think people who support Trump see a path to victory in Georgia?

Quote:

In Alabama, Trump's bad blood with Governor Kay Ivey stemmed from a canceled event. In 2019, Trump called Ivey a "high-quality woman," but after Alabama canceled a 2021 Trump rally at Battleship Park on the grounds that it was an inappropriate site for a partisan event, Trump reportedly blamed Ivey and aimed to recruit Lynda Blanchard to primary her. Blanchard at first ran for the Senate but dropped out of the race and faced off against Ivey, losing by 35 points, 54.5 percent to 19.3 percent. Despite his much-discussed role in recruiting Blanchard which she tried to leverage on the stump Trump never formally endorsed her.
Just embarrassing

Quote:

Why does Trump persist in doing this? Why is he constantly seeking out new enemies among prominent, popular, and successful people within his own party, in defiance of everything two centuries of experience tells us about American politics? Why does he apparently give no thought to when it will blow up humiliatingly in his face, as did his confrontations with Kemp, Little, and Ivey?

Trying to work out what Donald Trump is thinking is a famously futile endeavor, but there are two possible explanations. The first is simply that Trump's fans enjoy watching him in conflict, and Trump himself thrives on conflict and the attention it brings, to the point where it never really matters who Trump is fighting or whether he wins. The fighting is the point.

The second explanation is Trump's need to assert his dominance by showing that he will hit back at anyone who slights him in any way (real or perceived) or stands in his path. From this perspective, rhetorical grenades are a form of deterrence, and the fact that they frequently land as duds doesn't change the message: I will give you a headache and make it your problem if you come at me.
Time to move on from this whiny baby.

And as many examples that article gives on Trump insulting and harming REPUBLICANS.. it leaves out a lot of other examples.

Trump drove Republican Governor of New Mexico Susana Martinez out of office. He drove Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey out of office

result: two more leftists take over.
LMCane
Rapier108 said:

Phatbob said:

Bryanisbest said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

How many names for Trump have been as bad or worse than meatball? We may have more than one cult involved in this race if your criteria is correct.

Dude, there are posters here who compare incompeTrump favorably to Jesus... but sure, let's not invoke the word "cult"
If one really wants to see the true depths of Cult45, go to Free Republic. In 2016 members had to swear a loyalty oath to Trump or else be permabanned. Now it is truly a religion for most of them. The few DeSantis supporters are constantly harassed and threatened. The site will eventually conduct a membership purge of all non-Trump supporters.

They do compere him to Jesus, claiming Trump was sent by God to save this country, and that is why he is being prosecuted and will be crucified for it. When I refer to Cult45, it is this kind of insane devotion I am referring to, not someone who just happens to like Trump for whatever reason, but isn't devoted to him now and forever.

LMCane
Nothing like the former leader of the Free World praising our greatest dictatorial enemies

Former President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping again during his town hall with Fox News host Sean Hannity on Tuesday,

Calling the Chinese leader a "brilliant guy" who "runs 1.4 billion people with an iron fist."

"Think of President Xi. Central casting, brilliant guy. You know, when I say he's brilliant, everyone says, 'Oh that's terrible,'" said Trump during the event. "Well, he runs 1.4 billion people with an iron fist. Smart, brilliant, everything perfect. There's nobody in Hollywood like this guy. I got them to pay us $28 billion because they screwed our farmers for years."

Trump has frequently praised President Xi, as well as other adversarial foreign leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un.

During a campaign rally in March, Trump called President Xi "smart, top of his game." The following month, during an interview with Tucker Carlson, Trump said, "President Xi is a brilliant man. If you went all over Hollywood to look for somebody to play the role of President Xi, you couldn't find, there's nobody like that. The look, the brain, the whole thing. We had a great relationship."

In 2020, Trump celebrated his administration's relationship with China, declaring, "He's for China, I'm for the U.S., but other than that, we love each other."

Trump has also previously made comments about President Xi ruling with "an iron fist," and in 2018 he praised the Chinese leader for becoming "president for life."

"He's now president for life," Trump said. "President for life. And he's great. And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."
BMX Bandit
Upward of 97% of people currently supporting trump are not in any type of cult. very few are paying close attention to this race, and none of this really matters until we get to Iowa. These Trump supporters mines can be changed. Does not mean they will, but they are far from unreachable.

It's those people on Twitter, Texags, and other social media that believe every word, he says, ignore everything he does, and don't really care anything about policy. Even here, it is still a small percentage of Trump supporters that fall into that group.

Not surprisingly, the ones who are most vocal about not liking the name Cult45 almost always the ones that fall into that category. Something about "being over target" comes to mind.
J. Walter Weatherman
BigRobSA said:

aggie93 said:

Rapier108 said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

meatball ron supporters can dish out but are too sensitive to get it back. sounds about right like your whiny candidate.

Also, if you voted in 2016 for Trump were you a lemming then????

I don't vote for liberals (which Trump has been basically his entire life) so I voted 3rd party in 2016 and 2020. Since I live in Texas it doesn't actually matter but would have had to consider it if I didn't.

Either way, just voting for Trump in the general doesn't make someone a cultist - there's nothing wrong with voting for the only option against the left. Calling grown adults running for president 3rd grade nicknames because Dear Leader told you to definitely fits the label though.
So did Rhonda DeSantis tell his supports to refer to Trump supporters as Cult45? Can you show me where Trump told his supporters to mock Rhonda Desantis?

Look at the post above this one

I believe #Cult45 was a Texags special but it could have come from somewhere else. DeSantis has basically ignored or laughed at all of Trump's weird nicknames though, 1. because he's an adult, and 2. he knows it's all Trump has since he and his followers know basically nothing about actual policy.
I wish I could take credit for making up Cult45, but alas, I can't. I stole it from elsewhere, but thought it was extremely accurate.
FWIW I think the "Cult45" thing is counterproductive. Attack Trump or maybe attack an individual supporter but "Cult 45" mixes the crazies with the folks who just like Trump and makes it harder to win them over. I would prefer DeSantis folks didn't use it.

Same here.

Trump supporters are wrong, but namecalling is what Trump does, because he has a child's intellect and thin skin (and small hands).

It is hilarious, and ironic, that the same silly name calling irritates them, but they support an unintelligent narcissist who uses the stupidest names possible for people he doesn't like. Almost all of them eleventy percent more conservative and intelligent than he could ever be.

Fair points, in general I try to leave it for people like Larry and SD who are mostly just trolling and/or clearly are in so deep that reasoning with them is pointless, but agreed it's probably not that helpful in swaying the less fervent diehards who may only like Trump because they aren't familiar enough with the other options.
nortex97
AG

DeSantis closes gap in some states, leads in 5 now vs. DJT:

Quote:

More interestingly, though, are the state-by-state numbers, which seem to benefit some of the other candidates more than they do Trump.
DeSantis is ahead of Trump in five states:
  • Utah: 49-42
  • Colorado: 48-40
  • Georgia: 46-45
  • Virginia: 45-43
  • Wisconsin: 44-43
Colorado is Trump's weakest state, with support among just 40 percent of voters. U.S. Senator Tim Scott picked up 5 percent in the state, and tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy got 4 percent.
Clearly, Donald Trump still has a commanding lead over his opponents, but DeSantis is trending higher among voters in this poll than in the national average with the exception of Washington D.C. (16 percent support), DeSantis is well into the 20s in every region measured.
CREAg87
AG
Yikes, this says a lot about Trump and the state of the country overall:
Keep your rifle by your side
FL_Ag1998
AG
Since Trump has already alluded to not debating and using his poll lead as the excuse why, if the average poll gap between Trump and Desantis continues to narrow then the question starts to become, what is the acceptable gap for Trump to continue using this excuse to skip debates?

Let's fast forward to 1 week before the first debate - if Trump only has a 10 pt lead over the nearest competitor will the Trump supporters still accept him skipping the debate? Is any lead at all in the polls an acceptable excuse in the minds of Trump supporters for him to skip the debate?

20 pts lead? 15 pts? 5 pts? Virtually dead even?

I'm genuinely curious what the opinions of Trump supporters are on this topic.
LarryElder
CREAg87 said:

obligatory polls this far out don't mean anything/
LarryElder
nortex97 said:

DeSantis closes gap in some states, leads in 5 now vs. DJT:

Quote:

More interestingly, though, are the state-by-state numbers, which seem to benefit some of the other candidates more than they do Trump.
DeSantis is ahead of Trump in five states:
  • Utah: 49-42
  • Colorado: 48-40
  • Georgia: 46-45
  • Virginia: 45-43
  • Wisconsin: 44-43
Colorado is Trump's weakest state, with support among just 40 percent of voters. U.S. Senator Tim Scott picked up 5 percent in the state, and tech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy got 4 percent.
Clearly, Donald Trump still has a commanding lead over his opponents, but DeSantis is trending higher among voters in this poll than in the national average with the exception of Washington D.C. (16 percent support), DeSantis is well into the 20s in every region measured.

Ah polls this far out dont' mean anything/rhonda fans.
Rapier108
LarryElder said:

CREAg87 said:

obligatory polls this far out don't mean anything/
You wouldn't be saying that if they were pro-Trump, but rather tossing out more insulting names toward DeSantis and saying he needs to drop out because he can't win the general.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
The Banned
Larry has proven he has no desire to actual discuss the issues or even the race itself in a reasonable way. Probably best to just let him talk to himself.
CREAg87
AG
The Banned said:

Larry has proven he has no desire to actual discuss the issues or even the race itself in a reasonable way. Probably best to just let him talk to himself.
True, I don't bother engaging with him.

Polls like this one should concern conservative/right-wing voters- we now have years of data showing how unfavorably Trump is viewed. Put up almost anyone else and Biden gets utterly wrecked.
Rapier108
We have several just like him, accounts (one from 2014) which suddenly activated to troll for Trump.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
LarryElder
CREAg87 said:

The Banned said:

Polls like this one should concern conservative/right-wing voters- we now have years of data showing how unfavorably Trump is viewed. Put up almost anyone else and Biden gets utterly wrecked.
This is hilarious polls showing trump crushing Rhonda are immediately dismissed but polls showing Trump losing ground favorably are taking at gospel.

Unbelieve and I get called a troll for interrupting group think on here. LOL
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CREAg87 said:

The Banned said:

Exactly, and to be fair, the majority of posters here who refuse to see reality are just liberal trolls pretending to be trump supporters. Outside of the 4 or 5 posters like that on this forum, most people see this.
Bryanisbest
AG
Polls negative to DeSantis are no good. Polls negative to Trump are good. Too early to draw any conclusions about DeSantis strength against Trump. Not too early to conclude Biden beats Trump. Can't have it both ways.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I can objectively argue with proof that trump that has done nothing but lose supporters with his actions the past 4 years since he lost to Biden. Can you do the same?
Old May Banker
AG
Are you willing to state your opinion on the governors like Sanders that refuse to endorse either Trump or DeSantis? What do you think of her as a leader, governor, etc?
Phatbob
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Polls negative to DeSantis are no good. Poles negative to Trump are good. Too early to draw any conclusions about DeSantis strength against Trump. Not too early to conclude Biden beats Trump. Can't have it both ways.
We aren't trying to prove the same points with the polls.The pro-Trump primary polls are of people who would generally be voting for someone like the people running, meaning there is a good chance of movement. The general population "I wouldn't vote for that candidate if my life depended on it" results already at 50% for never voting for Trump ever is already a bad sign. That's not a super-fluid block of voters.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Polls negative to DeSantis are no good. Polls negative to Trump are good. Too early to draw any conclusions about DeSantis strength against Trump. Not too early to conclude Biden beats Trump. Can't have it both ways.

Bryan, do you think Trump can lose legitimately to Desantis or Biden?

Or will it be due solely to cheating if Trump loses?

Answer a simple question instead of just drive-by trolling.
aggie93
AG
Bryanisbest said:

I have always said I think the polls aren't very meaningful right now, they are basically a data point. The internals are much more interesting than the National polls as well. Polls are different for Trump than DeSantis as well because of Name ID and knowledge of the candidate and they should be viewed through those lenses.

The larger issue though is most people just aren't paying attention. The most important voters right now are in Iowa, NH, and SC and the trend lines there are worth watching though even then it needs a pound of salt. The quality of the polls also vary drastically and polls have become a tool for propaganda by all sides, you can commission a poll to get the results you want.

Obviously as a Trump guy you want Trump to do well in polls and DeSantis folks feel the same. Both sides are going to yell at each other and point to the poll they like. That's fine. To me they are just data points and not a real indication of where the race is headed. I think it's fine to post and comment on polls but getting too excited one way or another because the only thing I feel certain about is a LOT is going to change in the next 6 months, just don't know what direction that will go.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
Cross posting this interview from another thread, another solid DeSantis performance:

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
J. Walter Weatherman
Bryanisbest said:

If only we had any real world evidence to know how Trump would perform against Biden in a presidential election.
aggie93
AG
Great breakdown of how "Trump got DeSantis elected Governor" with receipts. It doesn't even mention how DeSantis was one of the loudest Trump supporters in the Russia nonsense and he was running against a NeverTrumper, it wasn't like it was a hard choice for Trump.

Ronald Reagan
FL_Ag1998
AG
Love the postt, but personally I don't need to read that. I AM a Florida voter, and Trump had jack **** to do with me voting for Desantis in either election, lol.
Rapier108
The problem is Trump believes that because he endorsed DeSantis, then DeSantis owns him a lifetime blood debt.

This is why Trump went ape **** over DeSantis running for President.
Old May Banker
AG
Powerful 6 minutes of them being "real folks" there.
aggie93
AG
Rapier108 said:

The problem is Trump believes that because he endorsed DeSantis, then DeSantis owns him a lifetime blood debt.

No, he went ape **** because he knows DeSantis is by far the biggest threat to him and he is a stronger candidate than him. Thus he knows he must tear him down by any means available to try to beat him.

Ronald Reagan
CREAg87
AG

Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks to be the next target of "MAGA" wrath
Rapier108
aggie93 said:

Rapier108 said:

No, he went ape **** because he knows DeSantis is by far the biggest threat to him and he is a stronger candidate than him. Thus he knows he must tear him down by any means available to try to beat him.
That too, but Trump does go nuts when he thinks someone is being disloyal, even just disagreeing with him over one thing.
Old May Banker
AG
And I can get no one that supports Trump to give me their opinion of her... I guess they're waiting until he officially weighs in before they know what to think.
aggie93
AG
CREAg87 said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks to be the next target of "MAGA" wrath
The blood loyalty thing by Trump folks is just creepy. So if you ever get an endorsement or work for Trump in any way you must be loyal to him forever. Uh, no. You are loyal to people who deserve your loyalty. I don't think it matters either way on who Sanders endorses but crap like this from Trump and his team is so weak. At some point people just get tired of being bullied.

Ronald Reagan
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.