OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,482 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
LarryElder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Phatbob said:

Or... and stay with me on this... you are a troll and have ignored all of the evidence posted in this entire thread...
Troll cause i have different opinion i see no evidence Destantis has a better chance to beat biden he's polling terribly within his own parties primary
J. Walter Weatherman
LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

Or... and stay with me on this... you are a troll and have ignored all of the evidence posted in this entire thread...
Troll cause i have different opinion i see no evidence Destantis has a better chance to beat biden he's polling terribly within his own parties primary

No, troll because you use terms like "meatball ron," which shows you're not actually interested in a discussion.
LarryElder
Destanits betting odds plus 1000 to win the presidency but im a troll.
LarryElder
J. Walter Weatherman said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

No, troll because you use terms like "meatball ron," which shows you're not actually interested in a discussion.
right like the term cult45 thrown around here by almost every DeSantis supporter.
Rapier108
LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

why do you people think Meatball ron is a slam dunk to beat biden if he gets by Trump in the primary? I dont see him pulling in any minorities or white soccer moms.
Because you aren't looking. In fact, you are actively ignoring.
you got evidence that proves otherwise.? Stop with the troll bs.
You signed up in 2019, made 5 posts, and never posted again until 2023, and most of your posts are designed to be inflammatory. That is the hallmarks of a troll/sock account.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
shack009
AG
LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

https://www.newsweek.com/poll-desantis-trump-stronger-swing-states-1808469#:~:text=The%20poll%2C%20conducted%20by%20Public,%2C%20respectively%2C%20in%20each%20state.

Quote:

The poll, conducted by Public Opinion Strategies and released on June 20, shows DeSantis beating President Biden in Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Georgia, with 47, 46 and 48 percent of the vote against the president's estimated 45, 40, and 45 percent, respectively, in each state.

Trump, according to the same poll, would be defeated by Biden in all three states when voters were presented with hypothetical presidential election match-ups.
I'm sure this doesn't count as evidence somehow.
J. Walter Weatherman
LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

right like the term cult45 thrown around here by almost every DeSantis supporter.

Describing Trump's idiot lemming followers as a cult is not trolling, it's accurate. Calling a presidential candidate meatball Ron is a perfect example of that cult behavior.
Old May Banker
AG
When a leader is never "wrong" ... what should the preferred name for his followers be?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
LarryElder said:

shack009 said:

LarryElder said:

why do you people think Meatball ron is a slam dunk to beat biden if he gets by Trump in the primary? I dont see him pulling in any minorities or white soccer moms.
Lol do you remember the elections we had just 8 months ago?
State of Florida election is not the same as a national election.

It's a battleground state. At least it was until DeSantis was elected. Now it's a solidly red state because of him. What makes it different?
The Banned
Definitely Not A Cop said:

LarryElder said:

shack009 said:

LarryElder said:

Lol do you remember the elections we had just 8 months ago?
State of Florida election is not the same as a national election.

It's a battleground state. At least it was until DeSantis was elected. Now it's a solidly red state because of him. What makes it different?
TRM
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
TRM said:

Naw, naw, naw, see that's not the kind of poll we're supposed to believe right now. We're only supposed to believe Primary polls showing Trump up 90 points over Desantis. We have to put on horse blinders and focus solely on winning the first two quarters of the game, just forget the fact that our opponent makes great second half adjustments and is always statistically stronger in the second half of the game.
TRM
AG
Trump about to go crazy on another GOP governor.
Rapier108
FL_Ag1998 said:

TRM said:

Naw, naw, naw, see that's not the kind of poll we're supposed to believe right now. We're only supposed to believe Primary polls showing Trump up 90 points over Desantis. We have to put on horse blinders and focus solely on winning the first two quarters of the game, just forget the fact that our opponent makes great second half adjustments and is always statistically stronger in the second half of the game.
C45 is having a hard time with this poll. The part of it showing Trump wins the primary is making them all giddy. The part saying Trump loses to Biden is "fake news."
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Old May Banker
AG
His fan club never liked her anyway... just wait and see.
Bryanisbest
AG

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

Describing Trump's idiot lemming followers as a cult is not trolling, it's accurate. Calling a presidential candidate meatball Ron is a perfect example of that cult behavior.

How many names for Trump have been as bad or worse than meatball? We may have more than one cult involved in this race if your criteria is correct.
Old May Banker
AG
What's your opinion of Huckabee-Sanders, while you're here?
aggie93
AG
Bryanisbest said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

How many names for Trump have been as bad or worse than meatball? We may have more than one cult involved in this race if your criteria is correct.
I have always thought the nicknames are stupid but the "Meatball" thing is pretty gross since DeSantis is Italian. Trump gonna Trump though and Ron don't care, he just laughs about it and said he likes DeSantimonious since it has a lot of vowels. Trump is great at appealing to folks that like to think like they are 12 years old on the school yard and think it's cool. I just think it's stupid.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aggie93
AG
TRM said:

It's truly amazing how many people that worked so closely with Trump won't get on board with him.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Phatbob
AG
Bryanisbest said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

You and LarryEldertroll have inspired me. I used to think these sorts of things were childish and pretty much disqualified someone from being taken seriously. But since this is now the height of political aplumb... since he can't seem to even be out of office and not still get rolled by Washington, I shall now always refer to the former president as "IncompeTrump".
LarryElder

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

meatball ron supporters can dish out but are too sensitive to get it back. sounds about right like your whiny candidate.

Also, if you voted in 2016 for Trump were you a lemming then????
BigRobSA
TRM said:

Wait

She's gov now!?

Daaaang

Awesome
BigRobSA
Bryanisbest said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

Which ones has Desantis, himself, called Trump?

Not supporters, because that means nothing. It's Trump, himself, calling people names. I have heard no R candidate call him anything but "Donald Trump" or "President Trump".

TRM
AG
For you BigRob.
File this under "Things a Liberal Says"
J. Walter Weatherman
LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

meatball ron supporters can dish out but are too sensitive to get it back. sounds about right like your whiny candidate.

I don't vote for liberals (which Trump has been basically his entire life) so I voted 3rd party in 2016 and 2020. Since I live in Texas it doesn't actually matter but would have had to consider it if I didn't.

Either way, just voting for Trump in the general doesn't make someone a cultist - there's nothing wrong with voting for the only option against the left. Calling grown adults running for president 3rd grade nicknames because Dear Leader told you to definitely fits the label though.
Old May Banker
AG
What name do you prefer for people that acknowledge zero flaws in their leader?
Rapier108
Quote:

It's truly amazing how many people that worked so closely with Trump won't get on board with him.
One would think it would give some people pause, but C45 will simply say they were always bad people who were always really never-Trumpers and there just to sabotage him.
LarryElder

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

I don't vote for liberals (which Trump has been basically his entire life) so I voted 3rd party in 2016 and 2020. Since I live in Texas it doesn't actually matter but would have had to consider it if I didn't.

Either way, just voting for Trump in the general doesn't make someone a cultist - there's nothing wrong with voting for the only option against the left. Calling grown adults running for president 3rd grade nicknames because Dear Leader told you to definitely fits the label though.
So did Rhonda DeSantis tell his supports to refer to Trump supporters as Cult45? Can you show me where Trump told his supporters to mock Rhonda Desantis?

Look at the post above this one
Old May Banker
AG
Quote:

I voted for Cruz in '16 primaries, DJT in general and DJT in 20. RDS represents a candidate that isn't perfect, but aligns much more closely to Cruz and to my preference. I haven't changed my political stripe just to defend Trumps idiocy, nor will I.
Old May Banker
AG
Lying Ted, DeSanctus, Sloppy Chris, little Marco, low energy jeb ... all fun and games then.

Now you're whining?
J. Walter Weatherman
LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

So did Rhonda DeSantis tell his supports to refer to Trump supporters as Cult45? Can you show me where Trump told his supporters to mock Rhonda Desantis?

I believe #Cult45 was a Texags special but it could have come from somewhere else. DeSantis has basically ignored or laughed at all of Trump's weird nicknames though, 1. because he's an adult, and 2. he knows it's all Trump has since he and his followers know basically nothing about actual policy.
Rapier108

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

I believe #Cult45 was a Texags special but it could have come from somewhere else. DeSantis has basically ignored or laughed at all of Trump's weird nicknames though, 1. because he's an adult, and 2. he knows it's all Trump has since he and his followers know basically nothing about actual policy.
I wish I could take credit for making up Cult45, but alas, I can't. I stole it from elsewhere, but thought it was extremely accurate.
Phatbob
AG
Bryanisbest said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

Dude, there are posters here who compare incompeTrump favorably to Jesus... but sure, let's not invoke the word "cult"
Rapier108
Phatbob said:

Bryanisbest said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

Dude, there are posters here who compare incompeTrump favorably to Jesus... but sure, let's not invoke the word "cult"
If one really wants to see the true depths of Cult45, go to Free Republic. In 2016 members had to swear a loyalty oath to Trump or else be permabanned. Now it is truly a religion for most of them. The few DeSantis supporters are constantly harassed and threatened. The site will eventually conduct a membership purge of all non-Trump supporters.

They do compere him to Jesus, claiming Trump was sent by God to save this country, and that is why he is being prosecuted and will be crucified for it. When I refer to Cult45, it is this kind of insane devotion I am referring to, not someone who just happens to like Trump for whatever reason, but isn't devoted to him now and forever.
aggie93
AG
Rapier108 said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

I wish I could take credit for making up Cult45, but alas, I can't. I stole it from elsewhere, but thought it was extremely accurate.
FWIW I think the "Cult45" thing is counterproductive. Attack Trump or maybe attack an individual supporter but "Cult 45" mixes the crazies with the folks who just like Trump and makes it harder to win them over. I would prefer DeSantis folks didn't use it.

Ronald Reagan
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.