OFFICIAL ****Donald Trump versus Ron DeSantis*** thread...

426,495 Views | 9100 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by astros4545
CREAg87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

A true detailed-oriented man of policy!
Keep your rifle by your side
J. Walter Weatherman
CREAg87 said:

agz win said:

DeSantis hitting home runs and I'm not surprised at all. Hemorrhoids flaring for donald tonight as his anxieties about debating DeSantis goes through the roof.
I can't see him doing it all now. Between DeSantis and Christie, Trump would be completely flustered- one would be attacking the ineffectiveness of his policymaking and the other his lack of character and mental fitness.

The idea of Christie constantly trolling him while DeSantis highlights how much of an intellectual lightweight Trump is on policy (and on basically everything else) is would be epic tv, so no way he shows. In hindsight, there should be a way to force the candidates to participate in the debates in order to be on primary ballots but obviously too late for that. Not sure anyone ever anticipated the so called leading candidate would be such a giant coward.
Old May Banker
AG
CREAg87 said:

A true detailed-oriented man of policy!

There is no educated, conservative human alive that can watch that and compare to how RDS answered similar questions and continue to honestly believe in Trump. To do so, one has to lie to themselves.
Rapier108
Cult45 is mad at CNN, no surprise of course because they dared to let DeSantis come on.

And this is one of Trump's paid Twitter sycophants.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TRM
AG
aggie93
AG

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TRM
AG
10thYrSr
TRM said:

He has a good message, but at this point he is essentially Ron Paul. He has nothing to motivate ANYONE who wouldn't already vote for the Republican candidate.
LMCane
Anyone who watched DeSantis move smoothly through a Jake Tapper interview and is intellectually honest- knows that he is far superior to Trump who could not get through a Brett Baier interview without lying and being surprised by his own policy recommendations.

LMCane
for those living in fake reality who believe somehow the 79 year old who lost to Joe Biden

is going to miraculously pick up millions of more votes AFTER two impeachments, three indictments, inviting Kanye to dinner and supporting the January 6 events..

LMCane
TRM said:

eagerly anticipating the drive by Trumpers creating a stand alone thread to pump those poll results

the entire New Hampshire poll shows Trump down to 37% support in the primary with DeSantis at 24%.

but Trump told me yesterday he is "50, 60 points ahead" so that is why he is too afraid to debate.
J. Walter Weatherman
10thYrSr said:

TRM said:

He has a good message, but at this point he is essentially Ron Paul. He has nothing to motivate ANYONE who wouldn't already vote for the Republican candidate.

Count me in as someone who would not vote for "the Republican Candidate" if it's Trump, but would happily vote for DeSantis, and would likely volunteer to campaign for him if I was in a swing state. So, you're wrong.
Rapier108
Quote:

but Trump told me yesterday he is "50, 60 points ahead" so that is why he is too afraid to debate.
Trump is spending a lot of money paying for polls, many of which have him ahead by that much or more. This allows him and his acolytes to claim that Trump is miles ahead and is inevitable. And yes, some of the polls have him up 50+ nationally, and up by 80% in some states. Even with his base, there is simply no way he will win 80% unless only his base turns out for the primary.

You can tell its a Trump poll when no one has ever heard of it before, when none of the sites like 538 use it, and the only places that report on it are Breitbart, RSBN, Gateway Pundit, Conservative Treehouse, InfoWars, The National Pulse, The National File, etc.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CREAg87
AG
Good article on Trump's feuds with Republican governors:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/07/donald-trumps-stupid-pointless-war-on-republican-governors/

Some select quotes:
Quote:

Some of Trump's most famous feuds with highly successful Republican governors date back to the previously red states Trump lost in 2020. Trump vowed to defeat Brian Kemp in 2022. Kemp had long been a reliable Trump ally and supporter, but he declined to call a special session of the Georgia legislature to attempt (entirely improperly) to have Trump declared the winner of Georgia in 2020. For that offense and no other reason, Trump in September 2021 claimed that Kemp was "a disaster," that "the people of Georgia must replace" him, and that the arch-progressive Democrat Stacey Abrams "might be better than having your existing governor, if you want to know what I think, might very well be better."
Quote:

Trump put up former senator David Perdue to primary Kemp. Perdue was well liked in Georgia before Trump's break with Kemp: He won by more than seven points in 2014, got more votes than Democrat Jon Ossoff on Election Day 2020, and even after Trump's post-election tantrum, he didn't lose all that badly to Ossoff in the runoff. But matched against Kemp, Perdue got massacred by more than 50 points, as Kemp drew 73.7 percent of the vote to Perdue's 21.8 percent. Threats that Kemp would be unelectable due to his alienating MAGA voters proved hollow: He won by 7.8 points in November, earning 200,000 more votes on Election Day than Trump's handpicked Senate candidate Herschel Walker.
Big oof all around- and to think people who support Trump see a path to victory in Georgia?

Quote:

In Alabama, Trump's bad blood with Governor Kay Ivey stemmed from a canceled event. In 2019, Trump called Ivey a "high-quality woman," but after Alabama canceled a 2021 Trump rally at Battleship Park on the grounds that it was an inappropriate site for a partisan event, Trump reportedly blamed Ivey and aimed to recruit Lynda Blanchard to primary her. Blanchard at first ran for the Senate but dropped out of the race and faced off against Ivey, losing by 35 points, 54.5 percent to 19.3 percent. Despite his much-discussed role in recruiting Blanchard which she tried to leverage on the stump Trump never formally endorsed her.
Just embarrassing

Quote:

Why does Trump persist in doing this? Why is he constantly seeking out new enemies among prominent, popular, and successful people within his own party, in defiance of everything two centuries of experience tells us about American politics? Why does he apparently give no thought to when it will blow up humiliatingly in his face, as did his confrontations with Kemp, Little, and Ivey?

Trying to work out what Donald Trump is thinking is a famously futile endeavor, but there are two possible explanations. The first is simply that Trump's fans enjoy watching him in conflict, and Trump himself thrives on conflict and the attention it brings, to the point where it never really matters who Trump is fighting or whether he wins. The fighting is the point.

The second explanation is Trump's need to assert his dominance by showing that he will hit back at anyone who slights him in any way (real or perceived) or stands in his path. From this perspective, rhetorical grenades are a form of deterrence, and the fact that they frequently land as duds doesn't change the message: I will give you a headache and make it your problem if you come at me.
Time to move on from this whiny baby.
TRM
AG
10thYrSr said:

TRM said:

Not remotely compare to Ron Paul. I think there's 10% in Florida that disagrees with that assessment.
Rapier108
Latest Loomer attack on DeSantis. Of course it is coming from The National File.

Old May Banker
AG
The only way they can attack him is with lies or from the left... tells me plenty about the people that lap it up or brag about his full arenas. It's all emotional.

Trump doesn't want a policy debate with Ron.
CREAg87
AG
Lol....The National File is basically Great Value Brand InfoWars.
Rapier108
CREAg87 said:

Lol....The National File is basically Great Value Brand InfoWars.
Yep, but it is one of the go to sites for Cult45.
aggie93
AG
Rapier108 said:

Latest Loomer attack on DeSantis. Of course it is coming from The National File.

The level of cognitive dissonance to grasp that narrative is truly amazing.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
DukeMu
DeSantis is a loser - he's toast.

Give me Tim Scott or Will Hurd. At least they are sane.
Rapier108
DukeMu said:

DeSantis is a loser - he's toast.

Give me Tim Scott or Will Hurd. At least they are sane.
You're a leftist so you wouldn't vote for Scott, and no surprise you like Hurd.
LarryElder
why do you people think Meatball ron is a slam dunk to beat biden if he gets by Trump in the primary? I dont see him pulling in any minorities or white soccer moms.
Phatbob
AG
LarryElder said:

why do you people think Meatball ron is a slam dunk to beat biden if he gets by Trump in the primary? I dont see him pulling in any minorities or white soccer moms.
Because you aren't looking. In fact, you are actively ignoring.
agz win
AG
LarryElder said:

So who do you think will beat biden? DeSantis is the best shot. I don't see anyone else currently.
shack009
AG
LarryElder said:

Lol do you remember the elections we had just 8 months ago?
LarryElder
Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

you got evidence that proves otherwise.? Stop with the troll bs.
LarryElder
shack009 said:

LarryElder said:

Lol do you remember the elections we had just 8 months ago?
State of Florida election is not the same as a national election.
Phatbob
AG
LarryElder said:

Phatbob said:

LarryElder said:

you got evidence that proves otherwise.? Stop with the troll bs.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
J. Walter Weatherman
LarryElder said:

I know you're just trolling, but would you like to compare DeSantis and Trump's results in Miami Dade County? Seems like a pretty diverse area.

Trump - lost by 7 points.
DeSantis - won by 12 points.
shack009
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

LarryElder said:

I know you're just trolling, but would you like to compare DeSantis and Trump's results in Miami Dade County? Seems like a pretty diverse area.

Miami Dade County is not the entire country/LarryElder
LarryElder
so no evidence got it thanks. Forget this is the desantis fan boy page.
LarryElder
shack009 said:

LarryElder said:

so governor elections and presidential are one in the same?
Phatbob
AG
Or... and stay with me on this... you are a troll and have ignored all of the evidence posted in this entire thread...
J. Walter Weatherman
LarryElder said:

shack009 said:

LarryElder said:

so governor elections and presidential are one in the same?

So you think 10+% of voters will vote for DeSantis for governor but not for president?
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.