Another California company relocates HQ to Dallas

8,804 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Kellso
Kellso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2023/05/10/californias-cacique-foods-moves-headquarters-to-irving/

Quote:

Cacique Foods, one of the leading brands in Mexican food products, said it has relocated the company's corporate headquarters from Monrovia, Calif. to Irving.

The move to Irving signals a desire to deepen Texas connections and to better serve customers in a centralized location, the company said.

This is one of the great accomplishments of our former Governor Rick Perry. About 20 years ago he began actively recruited companies in Blue States to bring those jobs and folks to Texas.

Perry's hard work has paid major dividends for the Texas economy. Over 5 million people have moved to Texas in the past 10 years!

TXAGBQ76
AG
Good news- except they brought politics with them
zephyr88
AG
As long as they assimilate... otherwise they're just gonna **** things up.
Aggie_2463
AG
The jobs can come, the folks can stay put.
Logos Stick
I don't think it takes much anymore to convince companies to leave Cali these days. They've jumped the shark.
Yesterday
AG
Every California person I have met in DFW have moved for the right reasons. It's Austin you need to worry about.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Pizza
zephyr88 said:

As long as they assimilate... otherwise they're just gonna **** things up.

They didn't in Denver.

In the span of 2 decades the 16th street mall & surrounding areas like 5 points, Montbello etc turned into even worse drug saturated **** holes...all due to democRat policies. You can barely make it up any given mountain road without almost running over a cyclist who doesn't give a care about anyone but themselves.

Leftist businesses do not conform to red states.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
Spaceship
AG
Yesterday said:

Every California person I have met in DFW have moved for the right reasons. It's Austin you need to worry about.

This is true. There are a ton of Californians in my northern DFW suburb neighborhood and they are all sensible people who fit in perfectly.
Ag with kids
AG
Yesterday said:

My next door neighbor moved in back in 2019...found out he was from CA...

Of course, the worry set in. Till he started flying his Trump flag as the election season progressed. And he named his 2 German Shepherds Kimber and Ruger.
Signel
AG
You can tell by all the beto signs in your area when he ran twice. They aren't changing.....
Ellis Wyatt
TXAGBQ76 said:

Kellso is a far leftist.
Pookers
AG
I'm sure all you "conservatives" will be jumping for joy when our political landscape flips back to blue because of all the trash people moving here to work at said companies. This is short sighted IMO.
FrioAg 00
AG
Mostly the Californians leaving California are the conservatives giving up - as the liberals generally cannot handle the social pressure from their liberals friends about Texas.

That's different than the ones who moved from Cali to Colorado under the belief they were exactly the same (which they became)
Kansas Kid
Kellso said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2023/05/10/californias-cacique-foods-moves-headquarters-to-irving/

Quote:

Cacique Foods, one of the leading brands in Mexican food products, said it has relocated the company's corporate headquarters from Monrovia, Calif. to Irving.

The move to Irving signals a desire to deepen Texas connections and to better serve customers in a centralized location, the company said.

This is one of the great accomplishments of our former Governor Rick Perry. About 20 years ago he began actively recruited companies in Blue States to bring those jobs and folks to Texas.

Perry's hard work has paid major dividends for the Texas economy. Over 5 million people have moved to Texas in the past 10 years!

Gavin Newsom has done way more to recruit people to Texas than Perry ever did.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
JWinTX
FrioAg 00 said:

Mostly the Californians leaving California are the conservatives giving up - as the liberals generally cannot handle the social pressure from their liberals friends about Texas.

That's different than the ones who moved from Cali to Colorado under the belief they were exactly the same (which they became)

This…Texas is getting some very good folks from CA. They're not Dems at all.
Spaceship
AG
Just a reminder…6 million Californians voted for Trump in 2020.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Not good
MouthBQ98
AG
Spaceship said:

And Biden got all the electoral votes. If those 6 million move to conservatives states and get counted in the next census and reapportionment, they'll help those states get more house members and electors.

Speaking of.
Logos Stick
OP is hoping to turn Texas blue.

Looking at stats from National Realtor Assn, Cali was the top net migration loss state with a loss of 350k people in 2022. NY was second.

All the crap hole blue states that OP loves lost people.

Hopefully most are conservatives trying to escape the hell holes.
Aggie Apotheosis
Great. More people in Texas. Glad I (mostly) work from home and don't have to fight traffic.

Tramp96
Yeah, I don't get why this is a good thing.

1. The cost-of-living has increased exponentially. I'm lucky I bought my home when I did, however, Denton County is trying to push me out of it with its property tax increases.

2. Traffic has gotten even more insane somehow.

3. Even the "red" people from a blue state are more purple than what we have here. They will bring their politics here and we will get more and more purple-to-blue. The metro areas in Texas are already there, and that crap is spreading out like a cancer. Look at Round Rock. Look at Georgetown. RR is practically blue now, and Georgetown is purple (thanks to the libs in Sun City).

At some point we go over the peak of the bell curve and start experiencing diminishing returns on all these people moving to Texas. I think we are already there, personally.

[/get off my lawn]
ComeAndTakeIt
Gigem314
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Last person to leave California... please turn out the light.
The light's been off upstairs for a quite a while in California.
ComeAndTakeIt
"The move to Irving signals a desire to deepen Texas connections and to better serve customers in a centralized location, the company said."

We all know the real reason why… Texas conservative values makes a more business friendly place.
Kellso
Ag with kids said:

Yesterday said:

My next door neighbor moved in back in 2019...found out he was from CA...

Of course, the worry set in. Till he started flying his Trump flag as the election season progressed. And he named his 2 German Shepherds Kimber and Ruger.
This might surprise a lot of you all.....but up until very recently there were more Republicans in California than in Texas.

Most A&M folks would feel very comfortable with the people and politics in places like Fresno, or Bakersfield.
Fresno is farmers, and Bakersfield is essentially West Texas oil folks that live out West.
Kellso
https://www.wfaa.com/article/money/business/kelly-moore-paint-co-irving-hq-move/287-5f7c5ff3-8391-424f-8a44-e64e967ebd29

Even more California companies are coming to Dallas.

I have a buddy that owns a business in the San Diego area, and he stated that he was given all sorts of incentives and tax breaks to move to Texas.

He said the offer was very tempting, but the wife loved the perfect weather and beaches in Southern California.

This really is the work of Rick Perry. Texas loves to give incentives to out of state business to come move their operations to the Lone Star state.

Quote:

IRVING, Texas Kelly-Moore Paint Co. Inc. is the next California coming to "pack its bags" and move its headquarters to North Texas.

The paint manufacturer and retailer is moving its headquarters to an office building at 500 E. Carpenter Freeway in Irving. It must do so by the end of 2024 per the agreement with the city.

Quote:

Irving City Council approved an incentives package at a Thursday meeting for Kelly-Moore to shift its corporate offices to North Texas, according to the city agenda. The incentives include a $75,000 economic development grant.

cab559
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Spaceship said:

And Biden got all the electoral votes. If those 6 million move to conservatives states and get counted in the next census and reapportionment, they'll help those states get more house members and electors.

Speaking of.

6 out of 40? Even worse than I thought….
Kellso
These are the 10 states that are having the most people relocate to Texas.
California has more than #2 and #3 combined.

Texas is the biggest relocation state for Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, California and Colorado.

Quote:

[ol]
  • California
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 82,235 residents
    Number 1 most common destination from California
  • Florida
  • Moved to Texas in 2019: 41,238 residentsNumber 2 most common destination from Florida
  • Louisiana
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 24,513 residents
    Number 1 most common destination from Louisiana
  • Georgia
    Moved Texas in 2019: 24,209 residents
    Number 2 most common destination from Georgia
  • Illinois
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 23,747 residents
    Number 4 most common destination from Illinois
  • Oklahoma
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 23,535 residents
    Number 1 most common destination from Oklahoma
  • New Mexico
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 23,425 residents
    Number 1 most common destination from New Mexico
  • Arizona
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 21,205 residents
    Number 2 most common destination from Arizona
  • Virginia
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 18,973 residents
    Number 5 most common destination from Virginia
  • Colorado
    Moved to Texas in 2019: 18,189 residents
    Number 1 most common destination from Colorado
  • [/ol]

RebelE Infantry
    AG
    Pookers said:

I'm sure all you "conservatives" will be jumping for joy when our political landscape flips back to blue because of all the trash people moving here to work at said companies. This is short sighted IMO.

It's not even necessarily the employees, though that is a problem. Now a lot of the leftist agenda is being enforced by the companies themselves, forcing otherwise normal people to comply lest they lose that shiny new job.
    The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
    Kellso
    Tramp96 said:

Yeah, I don't get why this is a good thing.

1. The cost-of-living has increased exponentially. I'm lucky I bought my home when I did, however, Denton County is trying to push me out of it with its property tax increases.

2. Traffic has gotten even more insane somehow.

3. Even the "red" people from a blue state are more purple than what we have here. They will bring their politics here and we will get more and more purple-to-blue. The metro areas in Texas are already there, and that crap is spreading out like a cancer. Look at Round Rock. Look at Georgetown. RR is practically blue now, and Georgetown is purple (thanks to the libs in Sun City).

At some point we go over the peak of the bell curve and start experiencing diminishing returns on all these people moving to Texas. I think we are already there, personally.

[/get off my lawn]
    These are all valid concerns. There is one other way to look at it.

All of the Athletic Departments at schools in Texas are benefiting from the net migration, and the increase in the Texas population.
    Houston, Austin and Dallas are all exploding in population growth....which leads to more home grown talent.

Last year Texas A&M had the #1 recruiting class in the entire country.
    TCU, Texas Tech and Baylor have all played for the National Championship in football or basketball in the past 4 years.

In the next 10 years you are going to start to see more schools from Texas competing at the very highest level in college athletics.
    The state of Texas will not go another 55 years between college basketball National Champions.
    cab559
    AG
    I care more about politics and college athletics bro. I couldn't care less if cali schools whipped out ass as long as Texas doesn't turn blue.
    OregonAggie
    AG
    TXAGBQ76 said:

Except they didn't and it's funny that so many Texans say this. Cruz wouldn't have beaten Beto without the vote of immigrants from other states. Native Texans voted at a higher rate for Beto than Cruz in 2018.
    Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.