Another California company relocates HQ to Dallas

8,784 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Kellso
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll admit I used to think it, and worry about it.

Then I met maybe a dozen families that moved to Texas from Cali, Seattle, Chicago, etc, over the last 5-10 years who all cited "they changed so much" in their reasons why.

Every one of them was a conservative trapped in a place they used to love and who blames liberal policies for ruining it. Due to the experience they show more conservative resolve than your average Texan.

Make no mistake - the Dems want the border open to turn Texas blue. And it's not about importing liberal thinkers - it's about importing as many impoverished people as they can, under the belief that their liberal policies will buy those votes cheaply by stealing it from the middle class.

One of the best defenses Texas (and Florida and other red states) possess is conservatives voting with their feet - and the constitutional protections of states rights (like the senate, the electoral college, and and the bill of rights requiring state ratification)

Migration of the conservatives is a potentially great thing
Kellso
FrioAg 00 said:

Then I met maybe a dozen families that moved to Texas from Cali, Seattle, Chicago, etc, over the last 5-10 years who all cited "they changed so much" in their reasons why.

Every one of them was a conservative trapped in a place they used to love and who blames liberal policies for ruining it. Due to the experience they show more conservative resolve than your average Texan.

Make no mistake - the Dems want the border open to turn Texas blue. And it's not about importing liberal thinkers - it's about importing as many impoverished people as they can, under the belief that their liberal policies will buy those votes cheaply by stealing it from the middle class.

One of the best defenses Texas (and Florida and other red states) possess is conservatives voting with their feet - and the constitutional protections of states rights (like the senate, the electoral college, and and the bill of rights requiring state ratification)

If you look at the voting returns of recent elections all of those conservative voters from California and Colorado are making Texas even more Conservative than it was 20 years ago.

Look at the Austin skyline compared to 10 years ago.
The Dallas, Houston and Austin job markets are exploding right now.
Kellso
cab559 said:

I care more about politics and college athletics bro. I couldn't care less if cali schools whipped out ass as long as Texas doesn't turn blue.
Its a net effect though.

In the last 50 years the state of Texas has won one National Title in Football and one National Title in basketball.
That is somewhat pathetic for a state the size of Texas.
The state of Texas has long been a major league underachiever when it comes to college sports....especially compared to California.

UCLA has more National Titles in basketball than all the schools in Texas....combined.
Same thing could be said for USC when it comes to football National Titles

The next 10-15 years you are going to see schools from this state start to compete for National Titles and Final Four's because the local talent pool in Texas has greatly increased.

One of the reasons Florida schools were so dominant in the 80's, 90's and 2000's was the amount of new residents that moved to the panhandle state.
YouBet
AG
Kellso said:

FrioAg 00 said:

If you look at the voting returns of recent elections all of those conservative voters from California and Colorado are making Texas even more Conservative than it was 20 years ago.

I call bull**** on that. The big urban counties arent going red ever again. Go look at voting results.

We have literally dozens of races in Dallas County where Dems run unopposed. We had 40+ judgeships in the last election that had unopposed Democrats.

There are too many Democrats here for a conservative to win.
FrioAg 00
AG
Don't tell me a state cannot get a lot more red under great leadership. Just look over at Florida.
YouBet
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Don't tell me a state cannot get a lot more red under great leadership. Just look over at Florida.

Apples and oranges. Florida's biggest city would be our 5th largest.

You can do the analysis on it (I have) but once you get to the 1M mark in population (+- some factor) a city almost always goes blue and doesn't come back from it. Think of it as a critical mass inflection point of Democrats.

You are absolutely not getting Travis, Dallas, Bexar, and Harris counties to ever go red again. Tarrant County is purple and will go blue at some point in near future.

So, maybe we can get more red outside of the largest counties but above won't be doing that.
Kellso
YouBet said:

Kellso said:

FrioAg 00 said:

I call bull**** on that. The big urban counties arent going red ever again. Go look at voting results.

We have literally dozens of races in Dallas County where Dems run unopposed. We had 40+ judgeships in the last election that had unopposed Democrats.

These folks are wondering if Texas is going to become the New Hollywood?
Texas has two things in abundance: Land and Money.

Texas has a welcoming spirit. What makes the state so great is the melding of different cultures.

You can acquire things In Texas that are found all around the United States.
You can get Waffle House, In and Out Burger, and Whataburger all in the same city.

The arts scene in Dallas and Houston has gotten exponentially better over the past 15-20 years. This is without a doubt due to all of the transplants that have moved here. Its sort of a brain drain where Texas is now acuiring the best and the brightest.

More money, more corporations, and more resources means more capitol that can be dumped into high quality entertainment options.

If you live in Lincoln, Nebraska, or Sioux City, Iowa you have to travel to other cities to get your cultural entertainment options.

YouBet
AG
Kellso said:

YouBet said:

Kellso said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Texas has a welcoming spirit. What makes the state so great is the melding of different cultures.

You can get Waffle House, In and Out Burger, and Whataburger all in the same city.

The arts scene in Dallas and Houston has gotten exponentially better over the past 15-20 years. This is without a doubt due to all of the transplants that have moved here. Its sort of a brain drain where Texas is now acuiring the best and the brightest.

More money, more corporations, and more resources means more capitol that can be dumped into high quality entertainment options.

If you live in Lincoln, Nebraska, or Sioux City, Iowa you have to travel to other cities to get your cultural entertainment options.

Ok?

None of that has anything to do with what I said. Voting results show absolute domination by Democrats in urban county voting. And that is not going to change ever again.
Kellso
YouBet said:

Kellso said:

YouBet said:

Kellso said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Ok?

None of that has anything to do with what I said. Voting results show absolute domination by Democrats in urban county voting. And that is not going to change ever again.
If Texas becomes the new Hollywood then the Major cities In Texas will continue to grow and blossom.

In the next 20 years you can expect both the Dallas and Houston metro areas to each have over 10 million residents.
Austin and San Antonio are each growing into major job centers of their own.

We can all thank Rick Perry for his foresight and leadership on this topic.
If you remember back around 2002-2005 he was the one that was actively recruiting companies from Illinois, New York and California to move to Texas.

The tax breaks and economic incentives that the state was giving out to lure those companies is a huge reason why Dallas, Houston, and Austin keep getting bigger and bigger.
More people means better restaurants, better entertainment, better strippers....you name it.

Look at the Austin skyline compared to just 10 years ago. These are exciting times for the state of Texas.
one safe place
Kellso said:

Perry's hard work has paid major dividends for the Texas economy. Over 5 million people have moved to Texas in the past 10 years!

Even more than that have crossed our southern border.
YouBet
AG
Kellso said:

YouBet said:

Kellso said:

YouBet said:

Kellso said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Ok?

If Texas becomes the new Hollywood then the Major cities In Texas will continue to grow and blossom.

In the next 20 years you can expect both the Dallas and Houston metro areas to each have over 10 million residents.

If you remember back around 2002-2005 he was the one that was actively recruiting companies from Illinois, New York and California to move to Texas.

The tax breaks and economic incentives that the state was giving out to lure those companies is a huge reason why Dallas, Houston, and Austin keep getting bigger and bigger.
More people means better restaurants, better entertainment, better strippers....you name it.

Look at the Austin skyline compared to just 10 years ago. These are exciting times for the state of Texas.

Cool but irrelevant. You said all these people will make Texas more red and I said the big urban counties will never be red again. Voting results since all of these people moving here show the blue reality.
Spaceship
AG
Kellso said:

YouBet said:

Kellso said:

YouBet said:

Kellso said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Ok?

To be accurate though, many of those buildings are empty.
Catag94
AG
Kellso said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2023/05/10/californias-cacique-foods-moves-headquarters-to-irving/

Quote:

Cacique Foods, one of the leading brands in Mexican food products, said it has relocated the company's corporate headquarters from Monrovia, Calif. to Irving.

The move to Irving signals a desire to deepen Texas connections and to better serve customers in a centralized location, the company said.

This is one of the great accomplishments of our former Governor Rick Perry. About 20 years ago he began actively recruited companies in Blue States to bring those jobs and folks to Texas.

Perry's hard work has paid major dividends for the Texas economy. Over 5 million people have moved to Texas in the past 10 years!

Now imagine how many have "moved to Texas" through Biden and the Dems LACK of work!
Kellso
FrioAg 00 said:

A lot of the companies that are moving from California to Texas are from more conservative parts of the state. Many of the middle to upper middle class people that are moving to Texas for the tax relief are Republican voters.

Houston is one of the cities that is booming from the California migration/invasion.
This was a bone that Rick Perry was throwing to all of his oil donors that have business interest in Houston.

More people means more money for everyone.

Quote:

California Invasion: Houston Sees Big Business Gains from the Coastal Corporate Exodus

Among the area's biggest wins in 2020 was the announcement that HPE would relocate its corporate headquarters from San Jose, California, to the company's new campus in Springwoods Village north of Houston. With $29.1 billion in 2019 revenue, the tech firm would have ranked No. 8 on the Houston Business Journal's 2020 Largest Houston-Based Public Companies List.

Several reasons led to HPE moving its corporate headquarters to Texas, from cost of living and quality of life to infrastructure and a diverse talent pool, Neri said. Meanwhile, HPE will maintain its presence in Silicon Valley as the company's innovation hub. HPE's San Jose site will serve as headquarters for its Aruba Intelligent Edge business.

"Taking advantage of that strategy, that consolidation of our major hubs around the United States, we end up with the best of both worlds," Neri said.
HPE's executive team and a number of employees will relocate from California to the Houston region in anticipation of the new campus' opening in early 2022.

But HPE isn't alone in its move to Texas. Hastened by the coronavirus pandemic, a historic wave of corporate relocations is paying dividends to the Lone Star State and the Houston metro region alike.
More people are moving to Texas than any other state in the nation. Texas gained an estimated 373,965 people between July 1, 2019, and July 1, 2020, according to recent population estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau. States like New York and Illinois shed residents at high clips, and California estimated loss of 69,532 residents is the state's first population decline in over a century.

The greater Houston region has certainly benefited from the exodus, and so too has the city's effort to build a stronger technology sector.

After Houston didn't make the short list as possible destinations for Amazon's second U.S. headquarters, Houston's tech community, the city, corporate and academic stakeholders have worked to develop the Bayou City into an attractive market for startups and technology firms.

New entrepreneurial campuses, like The Cannon, The Ion and the East End Maker Hub, have started to spring up. Numerous out-of-town accelerators have opened up shop in Houston in just the past few years. Money is being spent to attract new venture capital players into the region.
Kellso
Catag94 said:

Kellso said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/2023/05/10/californias-cacique-foods-moves-headquarters-to-irving/

Quote:

Cacique Foods, one of the leading brands in Mexican food products, said it has relocated the company's corporate headquarters from Monrovia, Calif. to Irving.

The move to Irving signals a desire to deepen Texas connections and to better serve customers in a centralized location, the company said.

This is one of the great accomplishments of our former Governor Rick Perry. About 20 years ago he began actively recruited companies in Blue States to bring those jobs and folks to Texas.

Now imagine how many have "moved to Texas" through Biden and the Dems LACK of work!
Its hard for me to imagine that.
How many do you think?

When I want a cold beer I like to drink Tecate. When I'm stressed a bottle of Lone Star will do.
chlavinka
AG
This is sarcasm, right?
Kellso

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/texas/dfw-lands-another-big-hq-relocation-from-california-thermomix/287-99a9b1b1-6f0f-48a8-80f9-a649268b3d39#:~:text=Thermomix%2C%20a%20maker%20of%20Wi,appliances%20worldwide%20for%20smart%20kitchens.
Quote:

Thermomix, a maker of Wi-Fi-connected kitchen appliances, plans to move its corporate headquarters from California to Dallas, the company announced Friday.

Thermomix, which is currently based in Thousand Oaks, Calif., makes and sells cooking appliances worldwide for smart kitchens.

Its U.S. sales totaled more than $30 million last year.
The company announced the move Friday during a meeting with its top sales representatives in Austin, according to a news release.
"We are excited to root ourselves in the rich tapestry of Texas, fuel our long-term future and heat up an appreciation for the world of home cooking in new and exciting ways," Fredrik Lundqvist, the company's CEO for the U.S. and Canada, said in a prepared statement.
The release from the company did not say where in Dallas Thermomix will go, but said the move will take place by the end of the year.
It did not say how many jobs would be transferred or created with the headquarters move.
In connection with the relocation, the company is developing an ambitious expansion plan to supercharge its U.S. sales, according to the release.
Home to numerous direct sales companies for decades, Texas was a clear choice when the brand was choosing a new headquarters location, Lundqvist said.
This week was another win for Texas and the Dallas metroplex with another California company relocating to BIG D.

You really can't understate the job that Rick Perry's did turning Texas into the premier destination for corporate relocations.

The tax incentives that his team put in place almost 20 years ago is a huge reason why people keep moving to the Lone Star State.

Texas population recently passed 30 million.....and (unlike California) we've got all the land to add another 30 million people if need be.
oldarmyjess66
AG
OregonAggie said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

Good news- except they brought politics with them

Except they didn't and it's funny that so many Texans say this. Cruz wouldn't have beaten Beto without the vote of immigrants from other states. Native Texans voted at a higher rate for Beto than Cruz in 2018.

I call BS on the last sentence.
Signel
AG
https://www.mcmaster.com/ is moving to DFW now.

https://www.commercialsearch.com/news/mcmaster-carr-to-open-360m-hq-distribution-center-in-dfw/
Ag CPA
AG
Kellso said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/texas/dfw-lands-another-big-hq-relocation-from-california-thermomix/287-99a9b1b1-6f0f-48a8-80f9-a649268b3d39#:~:text=Thermomix%2C%20a%20maker%20of%20Wi,appliances%20worldwide%20for%20smart%20kitchens.
Quote:

Thermomix, a maker of Wi-Fi-connected kitchen appliances, plans to move its corporate headquarters from California to Dallas, the company announced Friday.

Thermomix, which is currently based in Thousand Oaks, Calif., makes and sells cooking appliances worldwide for smart kitchens.

The company announced the move Friday during a meeting with its top sales representatives in Austin, according to a news release.
"We are excited to root ourselves in the rich tapestry of Texas, fuel our long-term future and heat up an appreciation for the world of home cooking in new and exciting ways," Fredrik Lundqvist, the company's CEO for the U.S. and Canada, said in a prepared statement.
The release from the company did not say where in Dallas Thermomix will go, but said the move will take place by the end of the year.
It did not say how many jobs would be transferred or created with the headquarters move.
In connection with the relocation, the company is developing an ambitious expansion plan to supercharge its U.S. sales, according to the release.
Home to numerous direct sales companies for decades, Texas was a clear choice when the brand was choosing a new headquarters location, Lundqvist said.
This week was another win for Texas and the Dallas metroplex with another California company relocating to BIG D.

You really can't understate the job that Rick Perry's did turning Texas into the premier destination for corporate relocations.

The tax incentives that his team put in place almost 20 years ago is a huge reason why people keep moving to the Lone Star State.

Texas population recently passed 30 million.....and (unlike California) we've got all the land to add another 30 million people if need be.

Living in DFW I'm glad to see this but come on, this company is tiny, probably didn't give the relocated jobs number for a reason...
LOYAL AG
AG
Texas is about 20 years behind Florida in the predicted red->blue migration transformation and I think we all agree that state is redder now than it was 20 years ago.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
AggieMD95
AG
Pookers said:

I'm sure all you "conservatives" will be jumping for joy when our political landscape flips back to blue because of all the trash people moving here to work at said companies. This is short sighted IMO.

I'm concerned too. But if you think about it , California has more republicans than any other state. They're just dominated politically by the huge dem majority
Kellso
LOYAL AG said:

Texas is about 20 years behind Florida in the predicted red->blue migration transformation and I think we all agree that state is redder now than it was 20 years ago.
The last 5 Presidential Cycles the GOP candidate for POTUS has gotten the following vote percentages in Florida

2020 51%
2016 49%
2012 49%
2008 48%
2004 52%

20 years ago George W got 52% of the vote in Florida. Since then Florida has been won by Obama 2x and Trump 2x, and neither of them did as well as Dubya.

Im not sure if Florida qualifies as a "Red" State. A true "red" state is one where almost all Republican candidate for statewide office should expect to easily capture more than 55% of the vote.

Once the winner starts getting under 53% or so.....you are officially in swing state status.
LOYAL AG
AG
Kellso said:

LOYAL AG said:

The last 5 Presidential Cycles the GOP candidate for POTUS has gotten the following vote percentages in Florida

2020 51%
2016 49%
2012 49%
2008 48%
2004 52%

20 years ago George W got 52% of the vote in Florida. Since then Florida has been won by Obama 2x and Trump 2x, and neither of them did as well as Dubya.

Im not sure if Florida qualifies as a "Red" State. A true "red" state is one where almost all Republican candidate for statewide office should expect to easily capture more than 55% of the vote.

Once the winner starts getting under 53% or so.....you are officially in swing state status.

I get your point in general but let's see how Florida plays next year. DeSantis won reelection by close to 20% which suggests a dramatic shift towards the Republicans. Let's see if that translates to the national level.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
LarryElder
Kellso said:

Quote:

moving to Irving huh guess they are getting into indian food now
Kellso
LOYAL AG said:

Kellso said:

LOYAL AG said:

2020 51%
2016 49%
2012 49%
2008 48%
2004 52%

I get your point in general but let's see how Florida plays next year. DeSantis won reelection by close to 20% which suggests a dramatic shift towards the Republicans. Let's see if that translates to the national level.
It really doesn't suggest anything. All that really means is that DeSantis was much better than his opponent.
In 2018 DeSantis won the state of Florida by a total of 33,000 votes winning 49.6 to 49.2%

You can't always compare Governor and Senate races to Presidential. Presidential elections always have a higher turnout and a lot more voters.

Florida is the furthest thing from a "Red" state......Florida has been a swing state for the past 25-30 years.
Kellso
cab559 said:

I care more about politics and college athletics bro. I couldn't care less if cali schools whipped out ass as long as Texas doesn't turn blue.
So...what would you do if you were a rock solid GOP voter that happens to be a Georgia Bulldawg fan?

Would you take back to back National Championship trophies in College football for Texas A&M if the downside was that Texas went blue like Georgia did in 2020?

The Choice is:
A. Texas A&M wins the 23 and 24 National Titles
B. Biden wins Texas in 24

OR
C. Trump Wins Texas in 24
D. A&M goes another 25 years without winning a conference title

The growth of the state is a good thing for all of the college athletic programs. This growth is already paying dividends as evidenced by TCU, Tech and Baylor all playing for National Championships in recent memory in both football and basketball.

Kellso
Ag CPA said:

Kellso said:

Quote:

Living in DFW I'm glad to see this but come on, this company is tiny, probably didn't give the relocated jobs number for a reason...
Its a brain drain. It brings more educated people and thus more $$$$ to the DFW population.
The more folks that move here the better the entertainment options get in Dallas.

Houston and Dallas are both attempting to turn into Tier 1 cities over the next 20 years. Unlike the Bay Area....Austin, Dallas and Houston still have land to grow.

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/2023/08/29/pita-miznon-restaurant-opening-dallas/

Quote:

Israeli restaurant Miznon will open in 2023 in Dallas, in a high-profile spot on Main Street in Deep Ellum.
Mark it down as yet another restaurant with a location in Las Vegas that's expanding into Dallas

But Miznon's map is more global than most. Israeli celebrity chef Eyal Shani started Miznon in 2011 in Tel Aviv. It has expanded to Paris, Melbourne, Singapore, London and more. The Dallas restaurant will be Miznon's first in the southern part of the United States; it's currently in New York, Boston and Vegas.
cab559
AG
Kellso said:

cab559 said:

So...what would you do if you were a rock solid GOP voter that happens to be a Georgia Bulldawg fan?

Would you take back to back National Championship trophies in College football for Texas A&M if the downside was that Texas went blue like Georgia did in 2020?

The Choice is:

OR

The growth of the state is a good thing for all of the college athletic programs. This growth is already paying dividends as evidenced by TCU, Tech and Baylor all playing for National Championships in recent memory in both football and basketball.

Dude, why are you still bothered by something that was said 3 months ago?
LOYAL AG
AG
Kellso said:

LOYAL AG said:

Kellso said:

LOYAL AG said:

2020 51%
2016 49%
2012 49%
2008 48%
2004 52%

It really doesn't suggest anything. All that really means is that DeSantis was much better than his opponent.
In 2018 DeSantis won the state of Florida by a total of 33,000 votes winning 49.6 to 49.2%

You can't always compare Governor and Senate races to Presidential. Presidential elections always have a higher turnout and a lot more voters.

Florida is the furthest thing from a "Red" state......Florida has been a swing state for the past 25-30 years.

Like I said we'll see. No Governor has won that state by 20 points this century. It may mean something but it may not. DeSantis ran on an anti-leftist insanity platform and it clearly resonated in a really big way. We'll see how it goes next year. I keep thinking eventually people will be turned off from voting for a party whose platform is racial discrimination, censorship, anti-self reliance, pro-crime, pro-corruption and high taxes yet I keep being wrong. Maybe 2022 Florida means Americans are finally waking up but maybe not. Nothing either of us says between now and then matters much til we see how it plays out. Maybe one of us will remember to bump this thread and we can laugh about it then.
Kellso
cab559 said:

Kellso said:

cab559 said:

The Choice is:

OR

Dude, why are you still bothered by something that was said 3 months ago?
Dude....why are you "bothered" by my question?
Your first mistake is assuming I'm bothered by anything I read on this board....this is all comedy.

My question is a legit one. USC and UCLA kicked a ton of ass(in revenue sports) in the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's because of the population growth of California.

The rise of Florida St, Miami and Florida since the 1980's is due to the rapid population expansion in Florida.
The same thing that happened to those states is happening to Texas.

Lets be real here....for the most part Texas A&M sucks at major revenue sports. The increase in population will only help A&M in the long run due to the larger amount of home grown talent in sports like football, or basketball.

We are already seeing the dividends of this amazing Texas growth with schools like Houston being in the 21 Final Four, and TCU playing for the National Title last season.

In the next 10-15 years you are going to start to see a whole lot of schools from Texas compete for the National Title in major sports.
APHIS AG
zephyr88 said:

As long as they assimilate... otherwise they're just gonna **** things up.
And they have tried to **** things up. Beto in is last few defeats have garnered quite a few votes and a lot of money.
Kellso
APHIS AG said:

zephyr88 said:

As long as they assimilate... otherwise they're just gonna **** things up.
And they have tried to **** things up. Beto in is last few defeats have garnered quite a few votes and a lot of money.
California has usually had more Republican voters than Texas.
Not every transplant from California is a Democrat.

If someone moves here from Fresno, or the Central Valley they most likely are a farmer who would feel very comfortable in Bryan/College Station.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.