This is why Phelan sucks at leadership , letting Democrats run committees.

3,392 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Troy91
Sam and Dean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tea Party said:

Are yall "conservatives" waking up to the reality that a large portion of the GOP is in bed with Democrats under their uniparty good cop bad cop scheme?

We are being played and yet people here keep thinking we just need to vote harder for the (establishment) GOP next time, thus the cycle continues.

I was awakened years ago. Her name was Kay Bailey Hutchinson. It was a hard lesson to learn.

"I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna...I shall never surrender or retreat."
10thYrSr
Bregxit said:

Love the ignorance in the description of "certain large caliber...". It covers anything over.22 caliber. A .223 is not a "large caliber".

Anyhow, this goes nowhere. This was allowed out of committee to make the Uvalde moms feel better.

Why is there no legislation requiring police to enter public buildings to engage the threat regardless of their own safety when minors are involved being proposed? Why are there no bills being proposed that would allow for protection of the children at all costs to adult life?
Post removed:
by user
Troy91
AG
SociallyConditionedAg said:

Troy91 said:

It sort of doesn't matter as the bill has zero chance of passing the House vote and making it through the Senate committee process for a floor vote there.

There are only 20 days left in the session. https://lrl.texas.gov/scanned/calendars/DeadlineActionCalendar88.pdf

You will see a ton of news articles as people start to realize that their favorite bill is dead without rapid movement in both houses. A ton of bills are now looking for a bill that is close to the end stages of the process and the attempts to add amendments to random bills will start.

That's part of the plan. The House has passed ONE priority Republican bill and is weeks behind the Senate. This helps Phelan get a 'win' while killing other bills under consideration. Had Phelan not appointed Dems to begin with, we wouldn't be in this position.
The House is always weeks behind the Senate due to the traditional House delay in naming committees.

Some of this is Phelan and some of this is traditional Texas leg behavior.
SW AG80
AG
10thYrSr said:

Bregxit said:

Love the ignorance in the description of "certain large caliber...". It covers anything over.22 caliber. A .223 is not a "large caliber".

Anyhow, this goes nowhere. This was allowed out of committee to make the Uvalde moms feel better.

Why is there no legislation requiring police to enter public buildings to engage the threat regardless of their own safety when minors are involved being proposed? Why are there no bills being proposed that would allow for protection of the children at all costs to adult life?

So why don't we just make it a law that everyone must do their job to the best of their abilities? Or do their job as they have been trained?

If a third grader fails a spelling test, then we can prosecute the teacher. For not doing a good job.

Or if someone dies of a heart attack then we prosecute the ambulance driver for not driving fast enough.

I hope you get the picture I'm painting. If your post was sarcasm then ignore my post.
annie88
AG
Another thing that won't do anything. You cannot legislate evil. Bad guys and crazy people still do not follow laws. They'll just buy them illegally.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Pookers
AG
annie88 said:

Another thing that won't do anything. You cannot legislate evil. Bad guys and crazy people still do not follow laws. They'll just buy them illegally.
Or just use an SUV to accomplish the same results.
Troy91
AG
As previously stated, it was a Pyrrhic victory.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/09/texas-ar-15-raise-the-age/

The unexpected elation felt this week by gun control advocates and families of Uvalde shooting victims dissolved to despair Tuesday, when a bill that would raise the age to legally purchase semi-automatic rifles lost its newfound momentum and was left off the Texas House's agenda ahead of a key deadline.

Barring an unexpected development, the delay likely ends the bill's chances of becoming law.

aggielostinETX
AG
Maybe crushing their hopes is better.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Troy91
AG
aggielostinETX said:

Maybe crushing their hopes is better.
There is no money in that for politicians.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.