This is why Phelan sucks at leadership , letting Democrats run committees.

3,402 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Troy91
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This should never have gotten out of committee. But our leadership in Austin is once again, just trying to be friends with people which never works when you're dealing with Democrats.

Jarvis Johnson should never of vice chair of the committee.

https://www.click2houston.com/video/news/2023/05/09/cheers-erupt-as-raise-the-age-bill-passes-texas-house-committee/
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Tea Party
Are yall "conservatives" waking up to the reality that a large portion of the GOP is in bed with Democrats under their uniparty good cop bad cop scheme?

We are being played and yet people here keep thinking we just need to vote harder for the (establishment) GOP next time, thus the cycle continues.
Pookers
AG
Tea Party said:

Are yall "conservatives" waking up to the reality that a large portion of the GOP is in bed with Democrats under their uniparty good cop bad cop scheme?

We are being played and yet people here keep thinking we just need to vote harder for the (establishment) GOP next time, thus the cycle continues.
EOT.
Secolobo
AG
F'n King.

Let's raise the voting age to 21.
Troy91
AG
It sort of doesn't matter as the bill has zero chance of passing the House vote and making it through the Senate committee process for a floor vote there.

There are only 20 days left in the session. https://lrl.texas.gov/scanned/calendars/DeadlineActionCalendar88.pdf

You will see a ton of news articles as people start to realize that their favorite bill is dead without rapid movement in both houses. A ton of bills are now looking for a bill that is close to the end stages of the process and the attempts to add amendments to random bills will start.
jjtrcka22
Secolobo said:

F'n King.

I'd take that trade. Voting age and military age to 21.
AGHouston11
AG
During the Bush years getting faked by that entire family - Texas conservatives were always told it was Joe Strauss holding everything up on the state level.

If we could only get rid of Joe Strauss then it would all be better.

Well now all we have is Joe Strauss 2.0 as speaker.

Allowing the same Democrats that left the state to DC when they didn't get their way in Texas to be committee heads is absolutely ridiculous!

Texas Republicans are terrible. They don't believe or want much of what they run on. They pretend just like the Bush family did. In the end they prefer liberals more than conservatives.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Tea Party said:

It's not a scheme, it's a function of passive behavior and a general goodwill towards others. Republicans play too nice.
TheEternalPessimist
Secolobo said:

F'n King.

The hypocrisy among many on this issue is astounding.

They want 18 year olds to vote because they vote further left than most of the population.

They dont want an 18 year old to have a beer, cigar, or a gun though.

If you don't have full access to all Constitutional rights independently, then you should not be classified an adult and be allowed to vote either.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
Pookers
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Tea Party said:

It's not a scheme, it's a function of passive behavior and a general goodwill towards others. Republicans play too nice.
No. Its a scheme.
Post removed:
by user
Secolobo
AG
....and last election dems for pushing to move it down to 16 to vote.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Pookers said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Tea Party said:

No. Its a scheme.

Why has nobody ever come forward and provided even the slightest tidbit of evidence that the two parties are working together? Passive Christian conservatives that believe everyone is good is far more likely.
Tea Party
Funky Winkerbean said:

Pookers said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Tea Party said:

No. Its a scheme.

Why has nobody ever come forward and provided even the slightest tidbit of evidence that the two parties are working together? Passive Christian conservatives that believe everyone is good is far more likely.
Are you seriously this naive to everything that has been going on in politics for the past several decades?

Prove to me that Nancy Pelosi is not making money off of insider trading. Just because there is not evidence, right now, does not mean that it is not happening. Or do you also believe that Nancy Pelosi is just smarter than her peers financially?
HumbleAg04
AG
Gooooo Team Purple!

Constant erosion of personal liberties in the name of power. Politics!
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Quote:

Prove to me that Nancy Pelosi is not making money off of insider trading.

I have zero doubt that her and many others are doing it, but it doesn't infer a scheme within the 2 parties.
txyaloo
AG
I agree with OP about democrats being committee chairs/vice-chairs. If the tides flip, we know the democrats won't put any Rs in committee leadership.

I doubt this bill bill makes it out of Calendars. May 8 was the last day to pass bills out of committee. This was pandering for the D base.
MouthBQ98
AG
Wait, are they talking actual bullet diameter or named diameter, because .22LR is actually about .222.

Also, there are .204 center Fire cartridges that are quite powerful.

Gigem314
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

Secolobo said:

F'n King.

The hypocrisy among many on this issue is astounding.

They want 18 year olds to vote because they vote further left than most of the population.

They dont want an 18 year old to have a beer, cigar, or a gun though.

If you don't have full access to all Constitutional rights independently, then you should not be classified an adult and be allowed to vote either.
Tea Party
Funky Winkerbean said:

Quote:

Prove to me that Nancy Pelosi is not making money off of insider trading.

I have zero doubt that her and many others are doing it, but it doesn't infer a scheme within the 2 parties.
Deleting my initial comment. It was rude and uncalled for. My apologies.

GOP platform =/= GOP actions when in the majority.
GOP platform = GOP words and promises when in the minority.
GOP candidates attack each other and D candidates during election season. Attacks grow in strength depending on how far the opposition is outside of the establishment.

Not much passive christian "everyone is good" mentality going on there like you claim.
Ellis Wyatt
Funky Winkerbean said:

Tea Party said:

And democrats flee the state when they want to block legislation.

**** them and **** liberal Phelan.
Teslag
AG
Lol Justin Holland's website pic has him holding a rifle. What a ****ing fake.
aggielostinETX
AG
txyaloo said:

I agree with OP about democrats being committee chairs/vice-chairs. If the tides flip, we know the democrats won't put any Rs in committee leadership.

I doubt this bill bill makes it out of Calendars. May 8 was the last day to pass bills out of committee. This was pandering for the D base.

Agree but it gave the media talking points and Ds a "win"

AggieKatie2 said:
aggielostinETX
AG
Teslag said:

Lol Justin Holland's website pic has him holding a rifle. What a ****ing fake.

Dudes going to get primaried I hope.

AggieKatie2 said:
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Tea Party said:

And democrats flee the state when they want to block legislation.

**** them and **** liberal Phelan.
The subject at hand is both parties working together, not the behavior of the Democrats.
Bucketrunner
Kyle Kacal likes the Democrats chairing committees. And he was re-elected.

Smh
TexAgs91
AG
Tea Party said:

A large portion of the GOP ARE democrats.
Ag with kids
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Wait, are they talking actual bullet diameter or named diameter, because .22LR is actually about .222.

I give you the .17/.50 BMG Incinerator...

BTKAG97
AG
Ag with kids said:

MouthBQ98 said:

In the world of varmint cartridges, it's all about speed. Higher velocity delivers flatter trajectories, and more dramatic impacts on critters. To achieve higher speeds, handloaders have experimented with many extreme wildcats big cases necked down to a smaller calibers. Here we present what may be the most extreme wildcat cartridge of all, the .17 Incinerator a .50 BMG necked down to .17 caliber. Created by Ammo-One, a custom cartridge company, the .17 Incinerator offers blistering performance. The special lathe-turned 33gr projectiles* exit the barrel at 5883 Feet Per Second that's over Mach 5, five times the speed of sound.
Ag with kids
AG
BTKAG97 said:

Ag with kids said:

MouthBQ98 said:

In the world of varmint cartridges, it's all about speed. Higher velocity delivers flatter trajectories, and more dramatic impacts on critters. To achieve higher speeds, handloaders have experimented with many extreme wildcats big cases necked down to a smaller calibers. Here we present what may be the most extreme wildcat cartridge of all, the .17 Incinerator a .50 BMG necked down to .17 caliber. Created by Ammo-One, a custom cartridge company, the .17 Incinerator offers blistering performance. The special lathe-turned 33gr projectiles* exit the barrel at 5883 Feet Per Second that's over Mach 5, five times the speed of sound.
The varmint...

Rapier108
Bucketrunner said:

Smh
He's one of the most reliable votes in the House, whenever the Democrats need a "Republican" puppet.

Same for his neighbor John Raney. For some reason we just can't get rid of either of them.

I'm in Raney's district and ready to vote for the Democrat next time just to be rid of him because he has complete control over the good ole boys network and the only way he is out of office is upon death.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Tea Party
Rapier108 said:

Bucketrunner said:

Smh
He's one of the most reliable votes in the House, whenever the Democrats need a "Republican" puppet.

Same for his neighbor John Raney. For some reason we just can't get rid of either of them.

I'm in Raney's district and ready to vote for the Democrat next time just to be rid of him because he has complete control over the good ole boys network and the only way he is out of office is upon death.

Not voting for the establishment uniparty R candidate is smart.
Voting for the D candidate makes zero sense.
Vote third party or leave their line blank.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Secolobo said:

....and last election dems for pushing to move it down to 16 to vote.

And to be fair they don't even want the young ones to vote. They want more warm body inner city kids that will never vote to sell their vote, get it collected to auto rubber stamp the leftist candidates each election.
SW AG80
AG
Dan Patrick has continually appointed Harris county Dems to chair committees. In spite of the fact he campaigned on the promise he wouldn't do that.

The committee I have worked with is chaired by John Whitmire, a Houston Dem. And Whitmire has now been in the Texas Legislature for over 50 years.

Soon to be Houston's next mayor. And an A 1 azz.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Troy91 said:

It sort of doesn't matter as the bill has zero chance of passing the House vote and making it through the Senate committee process for a floor vote there.

There are only 20 days left in the session. https://lrl.texas.gov/scanned/calendars/DeadlineActionCalendar88.pdf

You will see a ton of news articles as people start to realize that their favorite bill is dead without rapid movement in both houses. A ton of bills are now looking for a bill that is close to the end stages of the process and the attempts to add amendments to random bills will start.

That's part of the plan. The House has passed ONE priority Republican bill and is weeks behind the Senate. This helps Phelan get a 'win' while killing other bills under consideration. Had Phelan not appointed Dems to begin with, we wouldn't be in this position.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.