Texas House Committee recommends expulsion of Rep. Bryan Slaton (R- Greenville)

6,518 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Schrute Farms
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SociallyConditionedAg said:

Rapier108 said:

Hmmm, of all the Representatives to cast out, they choose one of the most conservative? I smell a rat, or a Phelan.
No, this guy completely ****ed up. Good riddance to him. The GOP can do without people like him.

So Phelan got rid of his most vocal, effective opponents, and everyone else in the House is clean? His biggest crime was obviously being conservative.
Holy. ***** Imagine the mental gymnastics needed to come to this conclusion.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
TxTarpon
Slayton is a "good conservative."

Divinity Degree
Introduced a bill to criminalize abortion.
Introduced a bill to allow tax credits for married residents with lots of children.
Introduced a bill to allow for a TEXIT vote.

"Children don't need to be focused on sex and sexualization, and we need to let them just grow up to be children and let them do that as they're getting closer to being an adult"---Bryan Slaton

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
That neck of the woods is my stomping grounds.

That hombre won't be back either due to expulsion or losing the next race. These folk don't take kindly to shenanigans.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
BluHorseShu
AG

Hmmm, of all the Representatives to cast out, they choose one of the most conservative? I smell a rat, or a Phelan.
What?? Really? Even his lawyer knows he's guilty. Or are you saying "meh, no big deal"? This is the problem I have with other conservatives....Some can't just own up to the fact that we have some trash on our side, just so we don't look like the dems. I won't overlook stuff like this just so I can still 'own' the libs. We have to be better, and thats how we win.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
BluHorseShu said:

What?? Really? Even his lawyer knows he's guilty. Or are you saying "meh, no big deal"? This is the problem I have with other conservatives....Some can't just own up to the fact that we have some trash on our side, just so we don't look like the dems. I won't overlook stuff like this just so I can still 'own' the libs. We have to be better, and thats how we win.
Hey, I'm sure that he also believes that Nancy Pelosi was set up when she went to her hairdresser during COVID.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
BluHorseShu said:

No doubt he did it, but there probably aren't a handful that haven't done as much or more. This just goes to show that if you go against Phelan, he'll get rid of you.
Ol_Ag_02
AG

BluHorseShu said:

No doubt he did it, but there probably aren't a handful that haven't done as much or more. This just goes to show that if you go against Phelan, he'll get rid of you.

Got anything to back this up or are you just screeching for no good reason because a piece of **** middle aged man got his 19 year old employee drunk so he could have sex with her and he just so happens to be on team Republican?
annie88
AG
The cover-up is always worse than the crime.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
IndividualFreedom
We all sin. He will pay socially, personally, and professionally. God will forgive him.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
What happens behind the pine curtain should have stayed behind the pine curtain.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Has the democrat party welcomed him with open arms?
TxTarpon
Stringfellow Hawke said:

Has the democrat party welcomed him with open arms?
Only if he dressed in drag.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
CanyonAg77 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Rapier108 said:

Another leftist spike the ball thread, thinking some great victory has been scored.

Of course the OP misses the fact that it is the GOP who voted to expel this guy.

The Democrats would not have expelled one of their own. The GOP cleaned up their own house.
Democrats would be mad he didn't sleep with a pre-teen.

Of the same sex
And a cousin.
Txhuntr
AG

BluHorseShu said:

Have you done the same? Do you think most people behave in this manner? Why don't you hold your politicians to a higher standard if you truly believe this?
schmellba99
AG
YouBet said:

Would have been celebrated if a Democrat.
*especially if it were a trans, young boy or gay person he did it to
DTP02
AG
Correction said:

When your lawyer's best argument is "sure, my client got his underage intern drunk as hell and banged her, but it was at his apartment, not at the office!" you're probably screwed.

He should have tried the "April Fools!" defense.

I feel sorry for his family, but good riddance.
YouBet
AG
BluHorseShu said:

I won't lose any sleep over him being out. He needs to be gone because it's the right thing for him to be gone.

However, your bold is wishful thinking, unfortunately. Two different standards these days. Conservatives *generally* have them and police their own while Democrats have no standards at all other than double standards.

We aren't going to win dick by policing our own because it's not going to gain you any new voters. Democrats will laugh at our self ownage while they ignore their own people doing even worse because they don't care.

Independents (where it matters now) will decide how to vote on Tuesday morning based on the absolute latest sound bite that entered their brain right before they turn off the car and walk into the voting precinct.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Txhuntr said:

BluHorseShu said:

Have you done the same? Do you think most people behave in this manner? Why don't you hold your politicians to a higher standard if you truly believe this?

I've never done it or thought it. Unfortunately, Phelan is my representative and didn't have a challenger in the Primary or the General. Hopefully we'll have a challenger this year.
Schrute Farms

BluHorseShu said:

This is completely false. Slaton's had character issues since last session. Instead of being a decent legislator (or human) he learned he could just be an ineffective troll and still be hailed as a conservative hero. In this instance, his staff intervened to save a girl from further abuse and Slaton is dealing with the consequences.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
So you just don't like Phelan and you're trying to make this about him, got it.

Sometimes I wonder what percentage of political posters are purely motivated by personality, and don't care at all about any principles, philosophy, or policy.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Schrute Farms said:

BluHorseShu said:

This is completely false. Slaton's had character issues since last session. Instead of being a decent legislator (or human) he learned he could just be an ineffective troll and still be hailed as a conservative hero. In this instance, his staff intervened to save a girl from further abuse and Slaton is dealing with the consequences.

How many legislators in the House and Senate don't have character issues? I know both my senator and representative have them. I'd be happy to see both of them expelled. The bottom line is don't dare be a conservative or you'll be kicked out of the club.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
Microwave Onions said:

Sometimes I wonder what percentage of political posters are purely motivated by personality, and don't care at all about any principles, philosophy, or policy.

Nope, he just happens to be my representative and is the biggest obstacle to passing conservative legislation in the House. I'm not the only one in my district that feels that Slaton was targeted by him, either. If I was concerned about personality over policy, I'd be supporting RINOs instead of conservatives, but we're quick to kick out actual conservatives while making excuses for RINOs and Dems. It's not a winning strategy.
InfantryAg
AG
InfantryAg
AG

Microwave Onions said:

Nope, he just happens to be my representative and is the biggest obstacle to passing conservative legislation in the House. I'm not the only one in my district that feels that Slaton was targeted by him, either. If I was concerned about personality over policy, I'd be supporting RINOs instead of conservatives, but we're quick to kick out actual conservatives while making excuses for RINOs and Dems. It's not a winning strategy.
If only slaton had had a way of not being targeted. You know, like not raping a girl. Phelan really set him up here. He probably bought the rum, and the coke. Then he probably told slaton to go for it, everything would be OK.

No way for slaton to avoid that trap!
Schrute Farms

Microwave Onions said:

Phelan did not target Slaton. Here's the report.

Per the report, Slaton developed an inappropriate relationship with a 19 year old staffer. This culminated in getting her intoxicated one night, in front of other underage staffers, and taking her virginity. The loss of virginity caused a significant amount of blood loss.

The staffer's mom noticed that her phone was not pinging at home. The mother called the staffer's roommate, who was at Slaton's apartment the night before, to ask about her daughter's location. The shortened summary of this interaction is that the staffer returned home, after purchasing Plan B, and had bloody undergarments to remember the occasion. This caused the roommate to ask a lot of questions and the staffer shared all the details from her night with Slaton.

Slaton dug his hole further by trying to intimidate the girls into staying quiet about the event. The girls, however, had already shared a lot of the info via the rumor mill. The Freedom Caucus was one of the first groups to learn of the assault.

It was the Freedom Caucus, not Phelan, who targeted Slaton for investigation then expulsion. This is why Briscoe Cain was the first to publicly call out Slaton as a predator. The Freedom Caucus does not tolerate hypocrisy lightly due to the convictions with their policy stances.

I know it seems cool to have a Phelan conspiracy, but that greatly minimizes what actually happened. The GI report is damming and Slaton's actions left no alternative except expulsion. This was driven 100% by his actions and the honest convictions of those who found out first.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.