Congratulations California, the thugs have won.

5,277 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DatTallArchitect
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And yet, Gavin Newsom will somehow defend this. Oh no wait, he won't even talk about it.

Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Maroon Dawn
AG
They just need bread to feed their starving families! -Concerned Moderate
deddog
AG
oh Yeah!
When i want to stop thugs from stealing something, i put up a wall of

*checks notes*

glass?
Franklin Comes Alive!
Don't look at that conservatives!!!

You're supposed to be arguing Trump vs Desantis
Stat Monitor Repairman
During covid they put employees behind pexiglass to stay safe.

Now it's all the products staying safe behind the pexiglass.
Gigem314
AG
I'm sure Jimmy Kimmel will use this as an opportunity to tell us again how he thinks Florida is the 'North Korea' of America.
bmc13
AG
they should just go to a private club model and only let you in if you're a club member with a valid credit card attached.
annie88
AG
One reply made a good point.

Can you imagine how long it would take you to shop?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
91AggieLawyer
AG
The thing I'm wondering is, without adequate staffing to open up the locked doors, how will anyone get anything? Its like you need one associate per customer. So what you save in thefts you pay for in labor or lost revenue because customers won't go there if it takes them an hour to shop rather than 15 minutes.

I mean, I understand the sentiment and this may be Target's way of sticking their middle finger into the so-called leadership of the city. But it would be better to just close the store down. I don't think this strategy has any viability.
coconutED
AG
They voted for this. Give it to them.
AGHouston11
AG
It's Target it doesn't matter!

What matters is that they have gender neutral restrooms.

Now the only problem in San Francisco is that people will not be able to easily buy products for their kids to tuck and stuff things so they can brag to their leftist friends.
AgBQ-00
AG
The future of "shopping" at CA Target stores
PCC_80
AG
annie88 said:

Can you imagine what is will cost to have a bunch of employees with keys to follow around the customers to open the display cases. Probably a couple of dozen extra employees will be needed for every shift. Where are you going to get this many extra employees and how are you going to be able to pay them ? ? They should just go ahead and close the store. It will be cheaper.
FCBlitz
I don't care. They are still losing money hand over fist. That glass will just attract a bigger thug crowd. More muscle to bust Da Glass!

Next they will have to employ robots to keep their clerks from being murdered by the vulnerable.
Dimebag Darrell
So the Service Merchandise approach applied to grocery shopping? Brilliant...so progressive!
deddog
AG
annie88 said:

Being Capt.Obvious here, but they don't care about the shopping experience.
They are
Reducing their losses and maintaining the facade of a store in SanFrancisco. Why? My guess is to stay in Newsome's good books and curry political favors
B-1 83
AG
Has anyone determined that this is racist yet?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
milner79
Target!
Muy
AG
bmc13 said:

they should just go to a private club model and only let you in if you're a club member with a valid credit card attached.

Yeah those old people at Costco could totally stop thugs from getting into Target!
TAM85
Perhaps a benefit of online buying, it is harder to shop lift. Continue to invest in delivery services and credit cards.
bmc13
AG
I more had the idea of a private club entrance with a bouncer in front.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
San Francisco(and California) voters are reaping what they sow. Unfortunately they don't learn and instead move out spreading that crap like a plague across the country.
Jason C.
AG
My great aunt was a clerk at Kress (K-mart) starting around WWII into the fifties. She took your order then went and got your stuff for you. So it's actually leftists who want to take America back to the 1950s.
Muy
AG
bmc13 said:

I more had the idea of a private club entrance with a bouncer in front.

Make it armed guards
Stat Monitor Repairman
What's the exposure of employees getting assaulted for failure to unlock the cabinets on demand?

Also what's the liability for Target when employees inevitably profile customers and refuse to unlock the cabinets.

They might have robbed Peter to pay Paul on this deal.

It may be better for the shareholders for Target to close these stores and be accused of contributing to food deserts and urban blight.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Amazon should buy Target and make it a parcel pickup network like Service Merchandise.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Retail and commercial real estate getting kicked in the nuts.

People deny this is the case but I see a ton of vacant space while driving around.

Some mom and pop places that's been abandoned since covid. Closed and never reopened.

Keep hearing that its not gonna be a problem but I think a lot of long term leases are expiring or about to expire.
Dawnguard
AG
Is it wrong that if I went shopping there, I'd really have to fight the urge to just walk out without paying after getting the employees to open several cases?
Sea Speed
AG
I'm pretty sure this is just in the toiletries and hygiene section. Things like razors and tampons, notbthe entire store. Iirc the original video was one aisle, maybe two. Poibt stands, but it wasn't the entire store.
torrid
AG
Sea Speed said:

I'm pretty sure this is just in the toiletries and hygiene section. Things like razors and tampons, notbthe entire store. Iirc the original video was one aisle, maybe two. Poibt stands, but it wasn't the entire store.
I can't see how that is the entire store. If that were the case, they would just do online only and have employees treat the whole store as a warehouse.
Roll the Bones
AG
Karl, shiess dem fenster!
Pizza
What's creepy is that if the people who shop there get used to that setup, and target decides their margins don't suffer or maybe improved slightly due to the prevention of theft...that prison setup will be here to stay for the rest of us.
fc2112
So FWIW - people online are saying this is just one aisle of items. Full vide owhos aisle right next to this one is open.

https://www.tiktok.com/@srdreamtorch/video/7223888037573397802?embed_source=71112494%2C121331973%2C120811592%2C120810756%3Bnull%3Bembed_fullscreen&refer=embed&referer_url=www.businessinsider.com%2Fsf-target-store-locking-up-shelves-to-deter-shoplifters-2023-4&referer_video_id=7223888037573397802
Sea Speed
AG
Hey I'm a person online and I just said that a few posts ago
AndesAg92
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Retail and commercial real estate getting kicked in the nuts.

People deny this is the case but I see a ton of vacant space while driving around.

Some mom and pop places that's been abandoned since covid. Closed and never reopened.

Keep hearing that its not gonna be a problem but I think a lot of long term leases are expiring or about to expire.

Are you referring to SF retail/CRE specifically? No sheet they are getting kicked in the teeth.

Other markets, I don't think so. More of a shift in market tastes and what works for todays consumer. Less about covid and "leftists" policies in other MSAs, especially the sunbelt.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.