Rainey st ripper?

19,640 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by angus55
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just find it hard to believe so many younger men have died the same way- getting drunk, wading/falling into town lake, and drowning.

I mean, how many other cities have bars/restaurants next to rivers and have a similar drowning problem?

I've been drunk and around water. Never forgotten how to swim, especially when I could stand up. I realize that's totally anecdotal, but, it defies my belief this would happen >1 time in the span of 6 months.
Kozmozag
Probably a protected group member.
torrid
AG
Isn't Rainey St. where Hank Hill lives?
Stat Monitor Repairman

Could be a non-binary demon mermaid that comes out of lady bird lake and lures drunk pedestrians to their drowning death. Thats the legend. The siren song is irresistible and people are drawn into the abyss.
YouBet
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Could be a non-binary demon mermaid that comes out of lady bird lake and lures drunk pedestrians to their drowning death. Thats the legend. The siren song is irresistible and people are drawn into the abyss.

I think it's this.

Magic is real.
Stat Monitor Repairman
It's 2023 man.

If we got a president with full blown dementia, UFOs flying around, trans-tifa, an Elon / Zuckerberg battle royale in the works ...

I think we can squeeze out room for a demon mermaid in lady bird lake.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Rainey St. ripper claims another.
BQ78
AG
Yikes my wife was talking about that last night. I'm sleeping with one eye open.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Texas Monthly tried to get cute with all this.

Taunted the Rainey st. ripper and caused they to strike again.
StEdsCOOG
The Zodiac probably moved to Austin along with all the other California transients.
evan_aggie
AG
Nothing to see here. APD has already done preliminary analysis via 8ball and foul play has been ruled out.

Where is Amazon AWS to do the math on likely fatalities vs age, location, swimming ability etc?
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

Others have speculated that the deaths are the work of La Llorona, "The Weeping Woman," a vengeful Mexican spirit who is said to drag unsuspecting people into bodies of water.
Who?mikejones!

Another body pulled out of town lake
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Sculling along, getting some exercise in. Boat goes "bump". Day ruined.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
BTHOB-98
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Texas Monthly tried to get cute with all this.

Taunted the Rainey st. ripper and caused they to strike again.
The sign of a good serial killer is no one believes the deaths are the result of a serial killer. Well played.
Rongagin71
AG
Not all silkies are friendly...

Ghost91
Ghost91 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

There are bars all along that general area. Or within a few blocks at most. It's part of my work territory so I am somewhat familiar.

And just like that, TexAgs has identified a person-of-interest.

MouthBQ98 said:

Someone that isn't into the idiot hype about this? It is getting a little strange there are an unusual number of drownings but there are a few every year since getting wasted in the south part of downtown austin became a thing and even moreso now that there are bar scenes on both sides of the river/lake.

Hmmm, you sound a little defensive. I'm gonna need you to come down to the station and answer a few questions…
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

Police recovered the bodies of Jason John, Clifton Axtell, Jonathon Honey and Christopher Hays-Clark all between the ages of 20 and 40 in the reservoir between February and April of 2023.
Looks like the ripper strikes only during the nicest months of the year in Austin. Low humidity and lower traffic on the lake. Classic ripper behavior here.

PO-lice angrily deny existence of a ripper, but can you blame 'em?

Defund the police gutted APD and now they got a ripper on the loose?
Who?mikejones!
Another one

To be fair, this isn't in lady bird lake
Kozmozag
Night jumping, nothing gike getting drunk and jumping off the spillway at 3 in the morning
fullback44
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Another one

Austin city police need to get their act together on this ruthless killer…. They need to tell the city about the sea creatures or lochness monster Nesi that lives in those waters… they should start videoing in the evening looking for a giant snake like head that reaches up onto the sidewalks and grabs people running on those trails
Beezy2389
AG
fullback44 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Another one

Austin city police need to get their act together on this ruthless killer…. They need to tell the city about the sea creatures or lochness monster Nesi that lives in those waters… they should start videoing in the evening looking for a giant snake like head that reaches up onto the sidewalks and grabs people running on those trails

Ayy. If disturbin' the beast below be whatchu wish.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I've heard that there was a melee with over 3 dead and 21 injured at a local Austin area Red Roof Inn. The struggle seemed to be over who would be the executive producer of the Netflix documentary about this case.

Wow.

I guess hipsters really do have something to fight for, which is very inspiring.
Rongagin71
AG
Rippetty Doo Dah
Rippety Yeah
My Oh My
What a Deadly Day
Stat Monitor Repairman
Only way we catch the Ripper is if youtube live streamers get out there and use themselves as bait. Go out to the bars and try to get roofied by the ripper. Stumble around the lake trails late at night. Do whatever you gotta do.
Rongagin71
AG
I heard that the Ripper always acts around the lake because
it is Cthulu's little sister and lives in the water.
BurnetAggie99
Austin in bad shape with the lack of police force. It was on the Austin news that at times Austin PD may only have 4 cops on shift to cover the whole city.
Who?mikejones!
last Thursday, they had 6 cops for the entire downtown sector, then, the city council meeting was out of control with leftist protestations and they pulled 4 of the cops from the beat to control the meeting, leaving 2 officers for the entirety of downtown.

Then, Saturday, they didn't have a single officer available for the east side of austin.
CDUB98
AG
With the explosion of the homeless population in Asstin, how many of these bodies could just be drunk/wasted homeless wandering to their death?
Who?mikejones!
Maybe some, but, I think a lot of them were young males getting lost while drunk and ending up in the drink
Stat Monitor Repairman
Do we have an 'I survived the Rainey st Ripper' t-shirt kiosk at the airport yet?
Ellis Wyatt
BurnetAggie99 said:

Austin in bad shape with the lack of police force. It was on the Austin news that at times Austin PD may only have 4 cops on shift to cover the whole city.
I don't know about that, but I was talking to a longtime APD officer who was telling me that they have the same number of officers now that they had when he was hired, around the year 2000. Obviously Austin has grown a lot since then. He is disgusted.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

last Thursday, they had 6 cops for the entire downtown sector, then, the city council meeting was out of control with leftist protestations and they pulled 4 of the cops from the beat to control the meeting, leaving 2 officers for the entirety of downtown.

Then, Saturday, they didn't have a single officer available for the east side of austin.

They got them working in shifts.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Who?mikejones!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we-are-at-our-breaking-point-austin-police-association-highlights-staffing-issues-at-apd/ar-BB1iuMbT

Quote:

On Feb. 17, Bullock took to social media to discuss the staffing crisis, pointing to an incident where an entire area in East Austin went unpatrolled for two hours. A couple of days earlier, on Feb. 15, he posted about the lack of officers available to answer 911 calls.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.