Dallas/Ft Worth Area 3rd Airport

15,465 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FriendlyAg
Greener Acres
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

This is supposed to be a PRIVATE VENTURE as you stated above.

And now, you're making it a PUBLIC venture by employing eminent domain for PRIVATE company to profit from.
I mean.... I am not making it a public venture. I'm just adding context to some comments made.

But to your point, the electricity providers are private and they use eminent domain to run lines across property all over the state. Gas companies are private and they use eminent domain to run pipes across property all over the state. Again - I think ED should be used carefully, but to say it can't be used for private ventures or for things that are popular, is not a substantive or valid argument against its use.

Texas A&M Law and Policy Resource Guide - The Texas A&M School of Law put together this white paper titled "A Survey of Eminent Domain Law in Texas and the Nation. It looks like it is in regards to discussions about the high speed rail. I have not read it but skimmed it to see if it was relevant. Seems like it is.
powerbelly
Kellso
powerbelly said:

Kellso said:

Ag with kids said:

Kellso said:

AggieUSMC said:

Wouldn't this be the 4th with DFW, Love Field, and Meacham being the existing 3?
There are no commercial flights out of Meachem.

American Airlines is Ft Worth's largest corporation. AA will never support FT Worth having its own airport that is not a part of DFW.

This is also why I was skeptical of the McKinney ever getting an airport. The Collin County population would have to hit at least 2.5 Million for a commercial airport to be a real viability.

Dallas and Collin Country are at least another 20-30 years from that sort of growth, and by then it will probably be easier to take a train to Houston, San Antonio or Austin rather than fly or drive.
The pipe dream of this train will still be there in your mind in 20-30 years...
When there is train that connects Dallas, Houston and Austin then there won't be any need for an airport in McKinney, TX.

Driving or flying to Houston from Dallas will be obsolete with the completion of a train connecting these cities.

That boondoggle is a ****ing disaster and will never replace air travel for many people.
Cool story bro.
TJaggie14
AG
What I don't understand when it comes to this high speed rail debate is why do people want this so badly?

In 20 years we will have self driving cars. You hop in your car in Houston, set it for San Mexico and off you zip. No need for a train.
GAC06
AG
HSR in Texas is dead. Maybe you haven't heard.
FriendlyAg
It's a really nice alternative. Having more options is better than having less.

The Texas population is going to continue to grow and if I have learned anything it's that 35 and 45 construction always takes about 5-10 years too long and is always about 20 years too late.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.