Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,185 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
rednecked
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nortex97 said:

I've tried 8 and can verify/personally I think it is a pretty good alternative for 'ultralight' or whatever beer. Hopefully it gets cheaper though, as YF is generally a lot less I believe.
it is pricier but it is brewed in Texas. I'll pay a bit more for that.
An L of an Ag
AG
Can confirm that "8" is a good light beer option, although I prefer YF. Met Aikman at our local HEB when he was promoting the beer launch, and got him to sign a 6-pack (still unopened) and my Cowboys hat.

On another note, saw someone order a Michelob ultra last night at the bar.
KidDoc
AG
nortex97 said:

LOL…from cnn which is fake news;

Quote:

The world's largest brewer is counting the costs of being swept into a controversy over Bud Light in the United States.

AB InBev said Thursday that US revenue fell 10% in the second quarter as sales of its top brand slumped. Sales to US retailers declined by 14%, under-performing the wider beer industry, primarily due to the decline in the volume of Bud Light it sold, the company said in a statement.

Revenue fell $395 million in North America during the period, compared to the same time a year ago.

Release.
Wow the execs continue to be blind to the market and think 80% of customers have a favorable view of bud light. Talk about an echo chamber geez.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
American Hardwood
AG
Yeah, who are they polling for this? I would think they might get 80% favorability without the trans-can affair with a normal poll. Surely, out of a hundred people you would find 20% that are craft beer drinkers or Coors or Miller fanbois that would say Bud Light sucks on a normal day.

This sounds more like spin put out there to convince customers that it is safe to like Bud light again.
Hungry Ojos
Was at Blackbeard's on South Padre Island Friday night and saw a table full of masked, white libs outside. Guess what kind of beer ALL of them had in front of them.
YouBet
AG
KidDoc said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

The world's largest brewer is counting the costs of being swept into a controversy over Bud Light in the United States.

AB InBev said Thursday that US revenue fell 10% in the second quarter as sales of its top brand slumped. Sales to US retailers declined by 14%, under-performing the wider beer industry, primarily due to the decline in the volume of Bud Light it sold, the company said in a statement.

Revenue fell $395 million in North America during the period, compared to the same time a year ago.

Release.
Wow the execs continue to be blind to the market and think 80% of customers have a favorable view of bud light. Talk about an echo chamber geez.
EBITDA down 28.2%. OUCH.

Yet, 80% of "customers" have favorable view of Bud Light. Who or what was the "customer" they surveyed?

Surveys are stats; you can make them say whatever you want. Also, just because someone may have a favorable view of you doesn't mean they are going to drink Bud Light.
NASAg03
I seriously doubt they straight up asked beer drinkers to "rate BL's favorability on a scale of 1 to 10".

I'm guessing it was a loaded question designed to skew the results towards BL favorability and fool investors.

They might have had beer drinks rank BL relative to other unrecognizable beers and as such skew the results.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Sea Speed
AG
Lies, damned lies, and statistics
Get Off My Lawn
American Hardwood said:

Yeah, who are they polling for this? I would think they might get 80% favorability without the trans-can affair with a normal poll. Surely, out of a hundred people you would find 20% that are craft beer drinkers or Coors or Miller fanbois that would say Bud Light sucks on a normal day.

This sounds more like spin put out there to convince customers board members that it is safe to like Bud light again. not fire the CEO
Fify. Their audience for this type of report is the investors who read them. They're making the case that a spook riding an iconic American brand into the ground isn't so bad.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Personal account after personal account on here of pallets of bud light sitting in grocery stores untouched, but 80% of beer drinkers have a favorable view of bud light.

If the emperor was wearing new clothes, he'd also be drinking a Bud light.
American Hardwood
AG
Kenneth_2003
AG
80% of people walking out of the local convenience store WITH a BudLight in hand rated BL favorably.
The Fife
And the other 20% were blind people who thought they bought something else but were suckered into taking a case of Bud Light instead
Get Off My Lawn
YouBet said:

KidDoc said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Release.
EBITDA down 28.2%. OUCH.

Yet, 80% of "customers" have favorable view of Bud Light. Who or what was the "customer" they surveyed?

Surveys are stats; you can make them say whatever you want. Also, just because someone may have a favorable view of you doesn't mean they are going to drink Bud Light.
Correction: "consumers," not "customers." It's subtle, but it's written with so much flexibility that they may have asked a bunch of wine-moms; "do you consider BL a consistent product?" or they could have gone to bars and asked anyone holding a BL bottle "do you think favorable or BL?"

There's no telling how they cooked the books. But if you're down nearly 30% in sales while claiming 80% of the market still wants your product… you're clearly lying.
txags92
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

YouBet said:

KidDoc said:

nortex97 said:

Quote:

Release.
EBITDA down 28.2%. OUCH.

Correction: "consumers," not "customers." It's subtle, but it's written with so much flexibility that they may have asked a bunch of wine-moms; "do you consider BL a consistent product?" or they could have gone to bars and asked anyone holding a BL bottle "do you think favorable or BL?"

There's no telling how they cooked the books. But if you're down nearly 30% in sales while claiming 80% of the market still wants your product… you're clearly lying.
I get the feeling it was probably a question like "ignoring all the recent political stuff, what is your opinion on Bud Light as a brand?" Which of course people replied "Before all the political stuff, I was fine with the brand." Nevermind that now, after all the political stuff, nobody will have anything to do with their brand. That approval means nothing if nobody is willing to buy your brand.
Kenneth_2003
AG
The Fife said:

And the other 20% were blind people who thought they bought something else but were suckered into taking a case of Bud Light instead
I figured "no hables"
Tanya 93
I sold the final BL bottle today.

Not ordering more for now.
ShaggySLC
Tanya 93 said:

That's honestly shocking. What is your distributor saying, do they understand or still trying to sell hard?
Tanya 93
ShaggySLC said:

Tanya 93 said:

That's honestly shocking. What is your distributor saying, do they understand or still trying to sell hard?

He gets it.

He is salaried, but also gets commissions.

He knows we aren't selling much.

I just give him free tacos every week because we only need MU every few weeks on tap.

Still have regular Bud in bottles.
ShaggySLC
That's crazy. Does he have any legal recourse against bud light or is that bad for business?
aggiedata
AG
Well they should not have sold the company

nortex97
AG
That's funny. He sort of won the "American aristocracy name game" with a name like "Billy Busch of Busch beer."

"Are you related to the Bush political family". "No, I inherited a bunch of money from the family beer dynasty."
itsyourboypookie
An L of an Ag said:

Can confirm that "8" is a good light beer option, although I prefer YF. Met Aikman at our local HEB when he was promoting the beer launch, and got him to sign a 6-pack (still unopened) and my Cowboys hat.

Here's another chance

agent-maroon
AG

Quote:

Aikman: 'That's a lot of jet fuel just to do a little flyover...'

Buck (with emphasis): 'That is your hard earned money and tax dollars at work!'

Aikman: 'That stuff ain't happening with Kamala/Biden ticket. I will tell you that right now partner'

https://www.kacmedia.com/post/troy-aikman-endorses-biden-ticket-on-hot-mic

Oct. 20, 2020

Tempered my view of Aikman. YMMV
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Get Off My Lawn
Tanya 93 said:

No sure whether to star this posts for not ordering more, or bypass for the fact that a BL was sold…
MookieBlaylock
AG
I mean BL had a ghey guy pretending to be a woman, 8 has a ghey man pretending to be straight
Lake08
Hungry Ojos said:

Was at Blackbeard's on South Padre Island Friday night and saw a table full of masked, white libs outside. Guess what kind of beer ALL of them had in front of them.

Why didn't u say something? Woke ass people. They don't scare me. They need help
FIDO*98*
AG
Saturday morning @ Richmond HEB
Yesterday
AG
We were on a family vacation at 30A(yes I know it's cliche) and we ate at an outdoor venue with shopping, live band and food trucks etc. allied Big Chill. I made it a point to look for bus lights and I didn't see a single one out of ~2k people. Just crazy.
txags92
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Yeah,I went by the beer cooler at the HEB in Bastrop looking for some Yuengling Flight on Saturday evening. The Bud light section was totally full, and I could not find a single Yengling product for sale.
Aston04
AG
aggiedata said:

Well they should not have sold the company

They didn't. It was a hostile takeover.

I highly recommend the book "Bitter Brew"... Tells the story of the Busch family all the way up to InBev taking the company from them.

And Billy Busch is right. His family stood for patriotism, being in touch with the working man, and were obsessed with being the #1 beer in America. Now their new smug, pencil-pushing foreign owners don't care about that stuff. It's a travesty.
Wildmen06
AG
They only owned 4% of the company when it got sold....maybe they should have tried to hold on to a majority share so InBev could not have forced the sale.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Can someone smarter than me explain how TAP missed their earnings even though they had an increase in volume by almost 12% and how BUD beat earnings while they had an almost equal drop in volume?
jokershady
AG
FIDO*98* said:

The location off of FM 723 and FM 1093? Go there all the time and always check their stock.

Football season is around the corner and things are about to get really interesting….
AgsMnn
AG
itsyourboypookie said:

An L of an Ag said:

Here's another chance

I can't believe he has that city limit sign there. Good Ol Troy.

Haven't seen that sign since I was a kid and saw 2 ladies taking one down on I-35.
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.