Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,190 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
TexasAGGIEinAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agent-maroon said:

Drove down Stateline Av in Texarkana recently. The Arkansas side is liquor store after beer store after bar/club. Every one of them had BL signage as far as I could see. Can't imagine that they are going to want that signage up and will be replacing it at the first opportunity. It's not just the distributors - it's everybody involved with beer sales at every level. We're watching the stock price anticipating a big drop, but the actual costs to replace the now toxic BL branding is going to cost many times the market/stock value losses.

The Walmart stores here in Northwest Arkansas are still attempting to sell 30 packs of BL for $24.99. Needless to say, they're not moving at all. The Miller/Coors sections stay absolutely gutted. The AB products, sans Busch Light, don't move at all. Same goes for Casey's, Kum & Go and all the liquor stores here. They're going to have to break at some point.
Ag with kids
AG
AgDad121619 said:

lb3 said:

Sports venues are the last place I would want to be seen drinking a Bud Light. This isn't a conservative boycott against Bud Light, this is a brand that became toxic overnight within bro-culture. This is basically like in July of '79 when disco suddenly became toxic. The cultural underpinnings of each are similar.
this made me go back and read some articles about the overnight" disco sucks " phenomenon. I remember it clearly but never gave it much thought. An article from 2019 wrapped up linking it to Trump. I kid you not
I looked it up, too...

First article was from NPR.

Now I know that Disco Demolition was done for racist and homophobic reasons...
Tanya 93
Probably just received my last BL keg for a long, long time. Maybe forever
TRIDENT
AG
Tanya, Why did you accept it if it is just taking up space/not selling?
falconace
I was in St. Louis last week. They had bud light in the grocery store under local craft beers. The store was packed with BL but was running low on Miller/Coors.
Tanya 93
TRIDENT said:

Tanya, Why did you accept it if it is just taking up space/not selling?

Football season is approaching where it is a big seller. And if it doesn't sell then, I don't take another one.

I looked at the sales of home football weekends and plus Chiefs' weekend games and we sold a lot.

Probably threw away 170 dollars, but we made thousands on the sales last fall.

TRIDENT
AG
Good luck!
CDUB98
AG
falconace said:

They had bud light in the grocery store under local craft beers.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
falconace said:

I was in St. Louis last week. They had bud light in the grocery store under local craft beers. The store was packed with BL but was running low on Miller/Coors.

If its bad in St. Louis, its probably 10x worse everywhere else.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Was in Kingsland HEB yesterday. Beer cooler cleaned out by weekenders on the lake. Well, cleaned out except for AB products. It was very stark. BL and Ultra shelves still full. Shiner, Coors, Miller, even Lone Star was decimated.
trip
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

AnScAggie said:

txags92 said:

Im Gipper said:

So was this the worst marketing decision in history?
I can't think of any that are even in the same ballpark as far as what they cost their parent company.

IMO New Coke vs Classic Coke was the worst, but they pivoted a whole lot faster than Bud Light. AB apparently is happy seeing their brand driven into the ground.

New coke was marketing genius to mask the transition to corn syrup.
This is true. Imperial Sugar in Sugarland went closed because of the transition. They went from 3 train cars a day of sugar to 1 car a week.
nortex97
AG
trip said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

AnScAggie said:

txags92 said:

Im Gipper said:

I can't think of any that are even in the same ballpark as far as what they cost their parent company.

IMO New Coke vs Classic Coke was the worst, but they pivoted a whole lot faster than Bud Light. AB apparently is happy seeing their brand driven into the ground.

This is true. Imperial Sugar in Sugarland went closed because of the transition. They went from 3 train cars a day of sugar to 1 car a week.
Someone should make a small, horrible suburban neighborhood around Sugarland called 'Fructoseland.'
Urban Ag
AG
Lake Georgetown HEB. Got back from a trip Saturday and did the grocery shopping for the week Sunday.

Yuengling, all of it (Flight, regular) completely gone. Aikman's "8", completely gone. I just wanted a sixer for grilling that night. They actually had Asahi which I love so I grabbed a six pack of that.

Bud is DOA.
Stat Monitor Repairman
They tried that in the early 80s but went with the name First colony instead.
txags92
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

They tried that in the early 80s but went with the name First colony instead.
Don't forget Patelfair too.
rednecked
AG
Urban Ag said:

Lake Georgetown HEB. Got back from a trip Saturday and did the grocery shopping for the week Sunday.

Yuengling, all of it (Flight, regular) completely gone. Aikman's "8", completely gone. I just wanted a sixer for grilling that night. They actually had Asahi which I love so I grabbed a six pack of that.

Bud is DOA.
Aikman's 8 is a solid beer and brewed in Texas. I think it is better than Flight and Shiner Light Blonde.
TX_COWDOC
AG
trip said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

AnScAggie said:

txags92 said:

Im Gipper said:

This Sugarland diversion is a good time to remind myself to post about the filming of Sugarland Express with Goldie Hawn. Finale was shot in my grandparents' home in Floresville. I've got some old papers / pictures I need to post on the Entertainment board.

Anyway, carry on. Can't wait for the q2 earnings report!
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Urban Ag
AG
rednecked said:

Urban Ag said:

Bud is DOA.
Aikman's 8 is a solid beer and brewed in Texas. I think it is better than Flight and Shiner Light Blonde.
It's very good beer. No question. And the timing was uncanny.

Troy Boy has to be laughing his ass off to the bank. Nice work for an Okie.
Tanya 93
5th half keg of Yuengling delivered today
JaxDad
AG
I went to a Minesota Twins game last week and BL is a big sponsor. At one of the walk-in coolers all the craft beers were flying off the shelves but the BL was hardly touched.
Faustus
YouBet said:

I want Coke with cocaine in it. Refuse to drink it until we get that.

It sounds fun until you think of all the empty calories.
techno-ag
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

trip said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

AnScAggie said:

txags92 said:

Im Gipper said:

This Sugarland diversion is a good time to remind myself to post about the filming of Sugarland Express with Goldie Hawn. Finale was shot in my grandparents' home in Floresville. I've got some old papers / pictures I need to post on the Entertainment board.

Anyway, carry on. Can't wait for the q2 earnings report!
Happened in Wheelock. Bob Wiatt, the FBI agent who shot the guy, went on to become Police Chief at A&M.

https://today.tamu.edu/2010/08/13/legendary-lawman-bob-wiatt-dies/
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

techno-ag
AG
Urban Ag said:

rednecked said:

Urban Ag said:

Bud is DOA.

I think we adopted him as a Texan after the Superbowl wins.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

ContinentalAg
BL section at my HEB seems to be growing. I wonder if it's because there is so much unsold? They have pushed it into a corner, but it's bigger than normal. Mostly untouched unlike most of the other beers around it.
tamc93
AG
Perhaps they ran out of room in the warehouse to store it?
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
nortex97
AG
LOL…from cnn which is fake news;

Quote:

The world's largest brewer is counting the costs of being swept into a controversy over Bud Light in the United States.

AB InBev said Thursday that US revenue fell 10% in the second quarter as sales of its top brand slumped. Sales to US retailers declined by 14%, under-performing the wider beer industry, primarily due to the decline in the volume of Bud Light it sold, the company said in a statement.

Revenue fell $395 million in North America during the period, compared to the same time a year ago.

Release.
AggieDruggist89
AG
BL boycott isn't just about BL and beer. To me, everytime I see BL but buy another brand, it's a small victory against everything left that puts a smile on my face. What can I say ...
CDUB98
AG
American revenue hit, but overall revenue globally rose.
nortex97
AG
Revenue fell 400 million bucks in one quarter in the US. Yes, alcohol is a big business both here and globally, but wow.
TRADUCTOR
1.2 BILLION yr saying get back in the closet.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

AB InBev's core profit rose 5% year on year, well above expectations despite a boycott that led to a sharp fall in sales of Bud Light beer.

The world's largest brewer reported 7.2% revenue growth despite a drop in volumes as it hiked prices.

Quote:

In revenue terms, the drop was partially offset by the double-digit growth of its "mainstream portfolio" in South Africa and Colombia.

China was another area of strength, with regional volumes up by 11% in the second quarter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/03/bud-light-owner-ab-inbev-beats-forecasts-despite-boycott.html
The Fife
HumpitPuryear said:

Was in Kingsland HEB yesterday. Beer cooler cleaned out by weekenders on the lake. Well, cleaned out except for AB products. It was very stark. BL and Ultra shelves still full. Shiner, Coors, Miller, even Lone Star was decimated.
That just shows that the fine people of Kingsland have excellent taste!
BassCowboy33
Urban Ag said:

rednecked said:

Urban Ag said:

Bud is DOA.

Didn't he pull in a huge haul when he sold his portion of Wing Stop when it went public or something like that? Rumors are he sold his shares for an 8-figure sum.

Dude has made some savvy business decisions.
nortex97
AG
I've tried 8 and can verify/personally I think it is a pretty good alternative for 'ultralight' or whatever beer. Hopefully it gets cheaper though, as YF is generally a lot less I believe.
BassCowboy33
nortex97 said:

I've tried 8 and can verify/personally I think it is a pretty good alternative for 'ultralight' or whatever beer. Hopefully it gets cheaper though, as YF is generally a lot less I believe.
The reviews here have me curious. I work in Georgia, so I'm out of market until I can return home for Christmas.
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.