Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,388 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The tweeter is an idiot trump supporter.
And that has anything to do with this thread?

Yeah I was confused too…I simply saw 41,000 likes of the tweet and commented on how quickly the news would travel and the repercussions to BL.
FIDO*98*
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

It's a little sad that I had to leave my country to feel safe, but that will get better eventually. And I am dying for some Trader Joe's roll Chili lime chips.
Travels to Peru; complains about lack of Trader Joe's chili lime chips.

Sounds like that transition womanhood going really well.

Trader Joe's bracing for impact
techno-ag
AG
https://www.thestreet.com/retailers/costco-sends-a-quiet-but-powerful-message-on-bud-light
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Tailgate88
AG
HEB Tower Point. 5pm on a Thursday.

Aggies2009
AG
Sea Speed
AG
Id guess you are probably taking this thread a whole lot more seriously than he is.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Sea Speed said:

Id guess you are probably taking this thread a whole lot more seriously than he is.

I don't know about that. I thought C@LA was the preeminent and most prolific beer drinker on TexAgs. He should know.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
cajunaggie08
AG
techno-ag said:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/13/costco-places-star-of-death-on-bud-light-beer/amp/
Based on those prices, I wouldnt buy Bud Light at Costco either. Walmart was selling all domestic beer cases at $18.99 last week.
nortex97
AG
It doesn't seem to be getting any better for poor Brendan Whitworth.

cajunaggie08
AG
nortex97 said:

It doesn't seem to be getting any better for poor Brendan Whitworth.

They were selling 12-packs for $17? Either Walmart was ripping people off or they are putting a fake "before-price" to make it seem like a great sale. $10.98 isnt a bad price for a 12-pack of Bud, but its not some crazy discount either
aggiedata
AG
Beer is probably out of date.
nortex97
AG
Pretty sure those are 16 ounce cans/bottle-can things. Getting those on a main brand below a buck ea. is a pretty good deal, from what I know. BL used to be pretty proud of their thin screw top 16 ounce cans.
American Hardwood
AG
I don't care what the price is. Even at $0.01 it isn't worth it if we have to suffer with more of their garbage promotions of wokeism. Burn it down. Burn the whole frickin' thing down to the ground.

(to our resident monitoring Agents, I mean that figuratively, I do not condone arson )
cajunaggie08
AG
Based on the labeling that shows a can or bottle, they seem like the regular 12 oz. I'll gladly take any Bud or Bud Light for less than $1.00 per can these days
cajunaggie08
AG
American Hardwood said:

I don't care what the price is. Even at $0.01 it isn't worth it if we have to suffer with more of their garbage promotions of wokeism. Burn it down. Burn the whole frickin' thing down to the ground.

(to our resident monitoring Agents, I mean that figuratively, I do not condone arson )
Sorry if a rainbow can hurt your feelings. If it gets me cheaper beer then I'll buy it all.
Get Off My Lawn
American Hardwood said:

Hell - at this point, I'd walk past BL being given away. Probably with some snide comment to anyone in line and consideration to bribing them to join me in leaving the beer where it lies.

The liability of stagnant inventory is actually worth real monitory value to me in keeping their train wreck going. This may be the most beneficial social phenomenon to occur in my entire lifetime.
techno-ag
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/costco-just-planted-death-star-133000145.html
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

American Hardwood
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

Sorry if a rainbow can hurt your feelings. If it gets me cheaper beer then I'll buy it all.
Because you think this is about a can, you've invalidated anything else you've said about the matter.
SuhrThang
Bud Light is doing ok over here in SWLA. Most beer customers in this area can't read.
“A drunkard’s dream if I ever did see one”
cajunaggie08
AG
American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

Because you think this is about a can, you've invalidated anything else you've said about the matter.
And because you think A-B trying to do some viral marketing to a segment of the population that they feel they havent captured yet is a sign that you must boycott the product now shows you are a fragile snowflake. The fact that there is a months long thread cheering for them to fail when the advertising choice wasnt supposed to have any impact on your life shows just how sad yall are.
powerbelly
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

And because you think A-B trying to do some viral marketing to a segment of the population that they feel they havent captured yet is a sign that you must boycott the product now shows you are a fragile snowflake. The fact that there is a months long thread cheering for them to fail when the advertising choice wasnt supposed to have any impact on your life shows just how sad yall are.

Nothing like proving you don't understand.
Get Off My Lawn
cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

Children? Capturing the underaged beer market? By funding a spokes-thing who is glamorizing mental illness and who was picked BECAUSE of his following as an advanced of the social contagion which is causing kids to get sexual mutilation surgery?

This flavor of nonchalant moral-superiority through indifference is how the left has hijacked nearly all of our cultural institutions - to include corporate board room.

Congrats on your ability to put on blinders and choke down cheep mediocre beer, though, I guess.
BillYeoman
cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

If Bud Light ONLY was doing viral marketing via Mulvaney this all would be a non-issue.

When Bud Light calls out their customer base who made them the #1 beer in America as basically "ignorant frat guys" as a reason for this campaign then you have a problem.

AB could've easily explained away putting Mulvaney on their can and it probably would still be one of the top beers in the United States.

But they haven't specifically and directly tried to make amends for their business idiocy in calling out and insulting their customers (even though they don't know who their customers are.)

Jack Squat 83
AG
Some folks will never understand that the frolicking twit merely represents the straw that broke the camel's back. It's really not even about him(as much as he and his fans want it to be)
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
cajunaggie08
AG
Get Off My Lawn said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

Children? Capturing the underaged beer market? By funding a spokes-thing who is glamorizing mental illness and who was picked BECAUSE of his following as an advanced of the social contagion which is causing kids to get sexual mutilation surgery?

This flavor of nonchalant moral-superiority through indifference is how the left has hijacked nearly all of our cultural institutions - to include corporate board room.

Congrats on your ability to put on blinders and choke down cheep mediocre beer, though, I guess.
Children? Mulvaney is hardly the first 20-something to promote an alcoholic beverage. Hell, go to any sports stadium and you'll see beer ads all over the place.

If you think kids with gender identification issues are going through surgery because of one person being open about it as an adult, then you need to do some more research on it.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Some folks will never understand that the frolicking twit merely represents the straw that broke the camel's back. It's really not even about him.
They understand. They have to misrepresent us as bigots and simpletons to maintain their worldview. They have to be willfully obtuse.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

Children? Mulvaney is hardly the first 20-something to promote an alcoholic beverage. Hell, go to any sports stadium and you'll see beer ads all over the place.

If you think kids with gender identification issues are going through surgery because of one person being open about it as an adult, then you need to do some more research on it.

If you think mutilating children with "gender identification" issues is the correct path, then you need to do some more research on it.

And just because you lack any morals doesn't give you any sway to try and deride those who do. You're on the wrong side of history, homie.
Prosperdick
AG
I'll try to make this as simple as possible for the obtuse. People are sick of politics, especially woke politics, being shoved down their throats all the time.

We don't want it when we're shopping.

We don't want it when we're drinking.

We don't want it when we're going to the movies or an amusement park.

It's very simple. Stop blasting your woke political nonsense at us. We're done. If it takes Target, Bud Light, and Disney to go belly up, maybe, just maybe, businesses can go back to what made them businesses in the first place.
cajunaggie08
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

If you think mutilating children with "gender identification" issues is the correct path, then you need to do some more research on it.

And just because you lack any morals doesn't give you any sway to try and deride those who do. You're on the wrong side of history, homie.
I'm ok with waiting until people are adults to do this kind of surgery. I can see how parents think they are doing what is best for their kids but ultimately it should be something a person decided on their own when they are old enough to do so I fail to see how campaigning to a trans person all of a sudden is an attack on kids though. Highlighting that trans people exist doesnt suddently turn all the kids into trans people.
cajunaggie08
AG
Prosperdick said:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible for the obtuse. People are sick of politics, especially woke politics, being shoved down their throats all the time.

It's very simple. Stop blasting your woke political nonsense at us. We're done. If it takes Target, Bud Light, and Disney to go belly up, maybe, just maybe, businesses can go back to what made them businesses in the first place.
Its called pandering. Most companies do it. Evidence shows people love it when they are pandered to and buy more of a product when they think its for them. Its why A-B creates a hunting camo Busch beer in the fall. Its why Texas is slapped on any product made in the lone star state. You just dont like when someone is pandering to a market you dont fall in.
American Hardwood
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

I'm ok with waiting until people are adults to do this kind of surgery. I can see how parents think they are doing what is best for their kids but ultimately it should be something a person decided on their own when they are old enough to do so I fail to see how campaigning to a trans person all of a sudden is an attack on kids though. Highlighting that trans people exist doesnt suddently turn all the kids into trans people.
Because they are selling something to young people, and it isn't beer.
aggiehawg
AG
Prosperdick said:

Until we get shareholders up in arms over these awful business managers who care more about possibly be called transphobic than profitability because that will the metric to get their next CEO job. ESG scores over making money.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

Its called pandering. Most companies do it. Evidence shows people love it when they are pandered to and buy more of a product when they think its for them. Its why A-B creates a hunting camo Busch beer in the fall. Its why Texas is slapped on any product made in the lone star state. You just dont like when someone is pandering to a market you dont fall in.

Being the progressive you are, this won't make any sense to you…but the majority of Americans are sick of having politics shoved down their throats. It's really, really simple no matter how confusing it is to your sensibilities.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Cajun, this is exactly how most of us feel about the BL Mulvaney ad. We endure woke messaging non-stop in our daily lives and we've had enough. BL, Target and especially Disney decided to engage in this. They will finally pay a price.
Prosperdick
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

How is being proud of the state you're born in or live in political? I'd also hardly call camo a political statement unless you try to twist it into a 2nd Amendment deal, which is weak sauce.

Now if AB celebrated some young lady's choice NOT to abort her child and put that woman's picture or her baby's picture on a can THAT would be political.

You're just too obtuse to see it and because politics is your religion.
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.