Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,376 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Prosperdick said:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible for the obtuse. People are sick of politics, especially woke politics, being shoved down their throats all the time.

We don't want it when we're shopping.

We don't want it when we're drinking.

We don't want it when we're going to the movies or an amusement park.

It's very simple. Stop blasting your woke political nonsense at us. We're done. If it takes Target, Bud Light, and Disney to go belly up, maybe, just maybe, businesses can go back to what made them businesses in the first place.
Until we get shareholders up in arms over these awful business managers who care more about possibly be called transphobic than profitability because that will the metric to get their next CEO job. ESG scores over making money.
It's exactly why I said businesses go back to what made them successful in the first place.

Walt Disney didn't create movies and theme parks to shove his political beliefs down everyone's throat.

Adolphus Busch didn't migrate here from Germany to start his own brewery in order to convert folks to his politics.

George Dayton moved to Minnesota and wanted to become....gulp, a minister, before turning to the business world and started the first Target stores. I don't think he did it to spread the gospel.

I don't know why this is so difficult a concept for the woke idiots to grasp but I guess it goes back to if politics is your religion and your salvation you want it to infiltrate every aspect of everyone's lives.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
"Its only a $28,000,000,000.00 can guys"
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Get Off My Lawn
cajunaggie08 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

I don't care what the price is. Even at $0.01 it isn't worth it if we have to suffer with more of their garbage promotions of wokeism. Burn it down. Burn the whole frickin' thing down to the ground.

(to our resident monitoring Agents, I mean that figuratively, I do not condone arson )
Sorry if a rainbow can hurt your feelings. If it gets me cheaper beer then I'll buy it all.
Because you think this is about a can, you've invalidated anything else you've said about the matter.
And because you think A-B trying to do some viral marketing to a segment of the population that they feel they havent captured yet is a sign that you must boycott the product now shows you are a fragile snowflake. The fact that there is a months long thread cheering for them to fail when the advertising choice wasnt supposed to have any impact on your life shows just how sad yall are.
Children? Capturing the underaged beer market? By funding a spokes-thing who is glamorizing mental illness and who was picked BECAUSE of his following as an advanced of the social contagion which is causing kids to get sexual mutilation surgery?

This flavor of nonchalant moral-superiority through indifference is how the left has hijacked nearly all of our cultural institutions - to include corporate board room.

Congrats on your ability to put on blinders and choke down cheep mediocre beer, though, I guess.
Children? Mulvaney is hardly the first 20-something to promote an alcoholic beverage. Hell, go to any sports stadium and you'll see beer ads all over the place.

If you think kids with gender identification issues are going through surgery because of one person being open about it as an adult, then you need to do some more research on it.
You clearly haven't done ANY "research" of your own if you don't know that Mulvaney's audience is underaged.

Mulvaney's current gig is leveraging Tick Tock's algorithm for wealth/fame. The program is pushing his content to children. His audience is children. It's benefiting him because his current gig is playing womanface: glamorizing a man pretending to be a woman. Again: TO IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN.

BL picked him BECAUSE he has a following. Again - that following is UNDERAGED children whose minds are being warped by his confusing cross-dressing grift. And by supporting him they supported his activities and associated damage to kids.
cajunaggie08
AG
Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible for the obtuse. People are sick of politics, especially woke politics, being shoved down their throats all the time.

It's very simple. Stop blasting your woke political nonsense at us. We're done. If it takes Target, Bud Light, and Disney to go belly up, maybe, just maybe, businesses can go back to what made them businesses in the first place.
Its called pandering. Most companies do it. Evidence shows people love it when they are pandered to and buy more of a product when they think its for them. Its why A-B creates a hunting camo Busch beer in the fall. Its why Texas is slapped on any product made in the lone star state. You just dont like when someone is pandering to a market you dont fall in.
How is being proud of the state you're born in or live in political? I'd also hardly call camo a political statement unless you try to twist it into a 2nd Amendment deal, which is weak sauce.

Now if AB celebrated some young lady's choice NOT to abort her child and put that woman's picture or her baby's picture on a can THAT would be political.

You're just too obtuse to see it and because politics is your religion.
trans people existing isnt political. its them being them. denying that is political.
Bubblez
Get Off My Lawn said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

I don't care what the price is. Even at $0.01 it isn't worth it if we have to suffer with more of their garbage promotions of wokeism. Burn it down. Burn the whole frickin' thing down to the ground.

(to our resident monitoring Agents, I mean that figuratively, I do not condone arson )
Sorry if a rainbow can hurt your feelings. If it gets me cheaper beer then I'll buy it all.
Because you think this is about a can, you've invalidated anything else you've said about the matter.
And because you think A-B trying to do some viral marketing to a segment of the population that they feel they havent captured yet is a sign that you must boycott the product now shows you are a fragile snowflake. The fact that there is a months long thread cheering for them to fail when the advertising choice wasnt supposed to have any impact on your life shows just how sad yall are.
Children? Capturing the underaged beer market? By funding a spokes-thing who is glamorizing mental illness and who was picked BECAUSE of his following as an advanced of the social contagion which is causing kids to get sexual mutilation surgery?

This flavor of nonchalant moral-superiority through indifference is how the left has hijacked nearly all of our cultural institutions - to include corporate board room.

Congrats on your ability to put on blinders and choke down cheep mediocre beer, though, I guess.
Children? Mulvaney is hardly the first 20-something to promote an alcoholic beverage. Hell, go to any sports stadium and you'll see beer ads all over the place.

If you think kids with gender identification issues are going through surgery because of one person being open about it as an adult, then you need to do some more research on it.
You clearly haven't done ANY "research" of your own if you don't know that Mulvaney's audience is underaged.

Mulvaney's current gig is leveraging Tick Tock's algorithm for wealth/fame. The program is pushing his content to children. His audience is children. It's benefiting him because his current gig is playing womanface: glamorizing a man pretending to be a woman. Again: TO IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN.

BL picked him BECAUSE he has a following. Again - that following is UNDERAGED children whose minds are being warped by his confusing cross-dressing grift. And by supporting him they supported his activities and associated damage to kids.
Its TikTok. Sure it skews to the younger generation, but its far more than just kids that view it.
deddog
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

Its called pandering. Most companies do it. Evidence shows people love it when they are pandered to and buy more of a product when they think its for them. Its why A-B creates a hunting camo Busch beer in the fall. Its why Texas is slapped on any product made in the lone star state. You just dont like when someone is pandering to a market you dont fall in.
How is being proud of the state you're born in or live in political? I'd also hardly call camo a political statement unless you try to twist it into a 2nd Amendment deal, which is weak sauce.

Now if AB celebrated some young lady's choice NOT to abort her child and put that woman's picture or her baby's picture on a can THAT would be political.

trans people existing isnt political. its them being them. denying that is political.

Go get your own thread where you can admire all the trans and cross dressers you want. And leave this one alone.
American Hardwood
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

Glorifying mental illness, normalizing it, and selling it to kids IS political and that is what BL is unapologetically guilty of.
Get Off My Lawn
…and there are adults who watch Sesame Street. Your point?
Squadron7
AG
Denying trans and denying trans access to my daughter's locker room are two different things.

And neither one constitutes genocide.
American Hardwood
AG
Don't worry, you didn't ruin the thread. But you did reinforce the reason we need it so thanks for that.
cajunaggie08
AG
American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

Glorifying mental illness, normalizing it, and selling it to kids IS political and that is what BL is unapologetically guilty of.
Being on Tik-tok isnt selling it to kids. Sure kids might be following him, but existing on the internet doesnt require an 18+ ID to have followers. Perhaps all social media should have 18+ requirements. I wouldnt be opposed to that.
Bubblez
Get Off My Lawn said:

Being on TikTok does not equate to targeting children as your audience.
nortex97
AG
American Hardwood said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

Bingo. Diseases should be treated, not celebrated/facilitated. It was also an insult to women, as has been stated ad nauseum.

Apparently all of the "trans" supporters claiming they are going to enjoy getting a great deal on BL are not helping offset the…decline. Not even in the top ten, LOL.
Get Off My Lawn
Bubblez said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Bondag
AG
Bubblez said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

What is the median age of his followers?
hondotex03
AG
coming back to the original topic....apparently Bud Light is still taking hits. A rodeo in West Texas that is sponsored by Bud Light will not sell alcohol at this year's event since they are contracted to only sell Bud Light products and they don't want to.

Another larger, more prominent rodeo in the state has informed Bud Light that they do not want their corporate sponsorship. They would like to move away from the Bud Light brand and go to Michelob Ultra. The only problem for AB is those are different divisions with different budgets and marketing teams.
Logos Stick
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

Denying it is science, not political. I ack they exist and demand they get treated.
deddog
AG
hondotex03 said:

coming back to the original topic....apparently Bud Light is still taking hits. A rodeo in West Texas that is sponsored by Bud Light will not sell alcohol at this year's event since they are contracted to only sell Bud Light products and they don't want to.

Another larger, more prominent rodeo in the state has informed Bud Light that they do not want their corporate sponsorship. They would like to move away from the Bud Light brand and go to Michelob Ultra. The only problem for AB is those are different divisions with different budgets and marketing teams.
Move the Bud Light marketing team to the Ultra marketing team.
Sounds like a winning stratergery
techno-ag
AG
hondotex03 said:

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Hungry Ojos
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

There is no way you are this obtuse. You seriously think this is about Bud Light's virtuous quest to acknowledge that "trans kids exist"? Kids with Down Syndrome "exist" too and are being aborted all over the world, in mass, as a result, which is the most sickening thing I've ever heard, but is Bud Light putting them on a can? Of course not, because that wouldn't be politically expedient or woke enough. This was all about profit and it bombed. Quit trying to make them seem at all virtuous.
powerbelly
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

There is no way you are this obtuse. You seriously think this is about Bud Light's virtuous quest to acknowledge that "trans kids exist"? Kids with Down Syndrome "exist" too and are being aborted all over the world, in mass, as a result, which is the most sickening thing I've ever heard, but is Bud Light putting them on a can? Of course not, because that wouldn't be politically expedient or woke enough. This was all about profit and it bombed. Quit trying to make them seem at all virtuous.
one safe place
cajunaggie08 said:

First off, there are no trans people, you cannot "trans" into something you are not.

It is not "them being them", it is them pretending to be something they can never be.
aezmvp
one safe place said:

cajunaggie08 said:

First off, there are no trans people, you cannot "trans" into something you are not.

It is not "them being them", it is them pretending to be something they can never be.
I'd call it cosplay but that'd be insulting to the geeks. At least they know the things they're doing are fantasy.
CactusThomas
AG
12th man 12 pack or gtfo

FBL
FAB
FDM

and cajun sounds like a homo
No offense.
agent-maroon
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

American Hardwood said:

If the price of beer is your only consideration, then you should buy enough to get you & your bud light drinking & like minded friends blasted and laissez les bons temps roullez

The rest of us will continue to mock and celebrate the "go woke - go broke" death of a brand trying to shove this trans crap down our collective throats.

Everybody wins. Living in a free country is great, amirite?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
C@LAg
CactusThomas said:

beveled beer.
ntxVol
Anyone know when 2nd quarter earnings come out?
ATX_AG_08
AG

FIDO*98*
AG
one safe place said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Not enough blue stars for this post. No amount of exogenous hormones, surgeries, clothes, or makeup will ever turn a man into a woman or vice versa. It's mental illness pure and simple.
Kenneth_2003
AG
FIDO*98* said:

one safe place said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Not enough blue stars for this post. No amount of exogenous hormones, surgeries, clothes, or makeup will ever turn a man into a woman or vice versa. It's mental illness pure and simple.

For plenty more not on any meds, it's a fetish and nothing more.
AggieChemist
AG
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", but it's fun...

I just got back from four days of racing at Eldora Speedway in Ohio. 30,000+ race fans in attendance. Beers on offer: Bud, BL, MU, Coors Light, Miller light, Yuengling, Busch light.

In four days of racing, I saw a grand total of three people drink bud light. On day two, the two guys in the row in front of us crushed a 12 pack of BL during the race, and on day four I saw a guy buy a six of BL from the beer tent. That was it. Most people that were pounding beers were pounding Busch light. I saw no Bud heavy consumed at all. Lots of yuengling and coors light. In my 40-some years of attending dirt racing there was always tons of BL being drunk. There was plenty of BL available, but essentially none moving.

My 70-some year old dad and uncle were making fun of the guys drinking BL on the drive home. I told them it was 2023 and gay married dudes can go to a sprint car race, too.

CDUB98
AG
Quote:

I told them it was 2023 and gay married dudes can go to a sprint car race, too.
Get Off My Lawn
CactusThomas said:

12th man 12 pack or gtfo

FBL
FAB
FDM

and cajun sounds like a homo
No offense.

Doce Aggies?
Hondo.
ntxVol said:

7/27/2023

one safe place
The Life of Brian said:

ntxVol said:

7/27/2023

You can bet they are looking for, and making, every entry they can to make the 2nd quarter look "less worse" than it actually is.
First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.