Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,342 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
one safe place said:

The Life of Brian said:

ntxVol said:

Anyone know when 2nd quarter earnings come out?

7/27/2023

You can bet they are looking for, and making, every entry they can to make the 2nd quarter look "less worse" than it actually is.
I'd almost bet that it is the other way around. They know everybody is expecting a bloodbath, and there is likely not all that much they can do about it. So throw in all the one-time charges they have been hanging on to and rip the bandaid off quickly. Get all the bad news out of the way now so they can show big improvement in Q3 to get momentum going again.
Get Off My Lawn
Nah. If they had dumped their CEO and begun a course correction, I could see it. But the CEO is still trying to keep his job and will have his team maximize padding for personal benefit.
YouBet
AG
For those asking, BUD is tentatively announcing Q2 earnings on August 3.

This date is not 100% confirmed yet.
munch96
AG
AggieChemist said:

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data", but it's fun...

I just got back from four days of racing at Eldora Speedway in Ohio. 30,000+ race fans in attendance. Beers on offer: Bud, BL, MU, Coors Light, Miller light, Yuengling, Busch light.

In four days of racing, I saw a grand total of three people drink bud light. On day two, the two guys in the row in front of us crushed a 12 pack of BL during the race, and on day four I saw a guy buy a six of BL from the beer tent. That was it. Most people that were pounding beers were pounding Busch light. I saw no Bud heavy consumed at all. Lots of yuengling and coors light. In my 40-some years of attending dirt racing there was always tons of BL being drunk. There was plenty of BL available, but essentially none moving.

My 70-some year old dad and uncle were making fun of the guys drinking BL on the drive home. I told them it was 2023 and gay married dudes can go to a sprint car race, too.

I think local AB distributors are probably pushing Busch Light now since BL sales have tanked...
one safe place
txags92 said:

one safe place said:

The Life of Brian said:

ntxVol said:

7/27/2023

You can bet they are looking for, and making, every entry they can to make the 2nd quarter look "less worse" than it actually is.
I'd almost bet that it is the other way around. They know everybody is expecting a bloodbath, and there is likely not all that much they can do about it. So throw in all the one-time charges they have been hanging on to and rip the bandaid off quickly. Get all the bad news out of the way now so they can show big improvement in Q3 to get momentum going again.
Maybe, but that will only make it look like the boycott was even more successful. I wonder when they lose preferred floor space or shelf space, and what is used to measure when that happens?
txags92
AG
one safe place said:

txags92 said:

one safe place said:

The Life of Brian said:

ntxVol said:

7/27/2023

Maybe, but that will only make it look like the boycott was even more successful. I wonder when they lose preferred floor space or shelf space, and what is used to measure when that happens?
Probably when they stop paying for it. They will likely just shift the space to a different AB brand instead of BL
Kenneth_2003
AG
one safe place said:

txags92 said:

one safe place said:

The Life of Brian said:

ntxVol said:

7/27/2023

I believe this was addressed way earlier in the thread. Distributors and retailers site down, I believe the poster said, once a year to negotiate display space.
Gen. Cornrow Wallace
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible for the obtuse. People are sick of politics, especially woke politics, being shoved down their throats all the time.

We don't want it when we're shopping.

We don't want it when we're drinking.

We don't want it when we're going to the movies or an amusement park.

It's very simple. Stop blasting your woke political nonsense at us. We're done. If it takes Target, Bud Light, and Disney to go belly up, maybe, just maybe, businesses can go back to what made them businesses in the first place.
Its called pandering. Most companies do it. Evidence shows people love it when they are pandered to and buy more of a product when they think its for them. Its why A-B creates a hunting camo Busch beer in the fall. Its why Texas is slapped on any product made in the lone star state. You just dont like when someone is pandering to a market you dont fall in.
What does the evidence show when people get sick of woke pandering to an exceedingly small minority of consumers whom the large majority of consumers find objectionable? What happens to sales when the majority thinks a product is not for them?
txags92
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Prosperdick said:

I'll try to make this as simple as possible for the obtuse. People are sick of politics, especially woke politics, being shoved down their throats all the time.

We don't want it when we're shopping.

We don't want it when we're drinking.

We don't want it when we're going to the movies or an amusement park.

It's very simple. Stop blasting your woke political nonsense at us. We're done. If it takes Target, Bud Light, and Disney to go belly up, maybe, just maybe, businesses can go back to what made them businesses in the first place.
Its called pandering. Most companies do it. Evidence shows people love it when they are pandered to and buy more of a product when they think its for them. Its why A-B creates a hunting camo Busch beer in the fall. Its why Texas is slapped on any product made in the lone star state. You just dont like when someone is pandering to a market you dont fall in.
Yes. But when you pander to one group, it is very important not to attack your existing customers in the process and produce a product that is offensive to a wide segment of them. It would be like a company whose biggest customer segment was Cajuns making a special A&M themed product that says "LSU sucks!" on it. You can pander to one group without pushing another group away in the process. The Bud Light VP chick didn't do it that way because she didn't like Bud Light's existing customers.
sharpdressedman
My dear friend in SA told me she was at the Lincoln Heights HEB grocery store and saw what appeared from behind to be a woman, bent over and struggling to pull a large pack of Bud Light from the cooler. She suspected female because the person was wearing tight, spandex shorts, had a slight build, and shaved legs.

When the beer was out of the cooler, she saw the person was a guy with a short beard and red lipstick.

She saw him again on another aisle with nothing other than the beer in his basket, nearly prancing as he walked. Clearly, his intent was to make a spectacle of himself as some kind of protest figure.

He succeeded...in making a raging fool of himself.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Clearly, his intent was to make a spectacle of himself as some kind of protest figure.
And in doing so, he confirmed the very reason that most are avoiding that brand. Prance on, you crazy Dylan M. wannabee...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TX_COWDOC
AG
So how was the Bud Light?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
FIDO*98*
AG
sharpdressedman said:

Yep, and every dude that saw him reaffirmed their decision to stick with other brands. Keep at it pedos
fullback44
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

Clearly, his intent was to make a spectacle of himself as some kind of protest figure.
And in doing so, he confirmed the very reason that most are avoiding that brand. Prance on, you crazy Dylan M. wannabee...

Bingo .. people don't want to associate with these weirdos .. this bud light must hate what they did .. they now have these weirdos acting weird and dumb in stores with their beer .. what a night mare they have …. But hey, they asked for it and are now getting it !
MEEN Ag 05
AG
sharpdressedman said:

My dear friend in SA told me she was at the Lincoln Heights HEB grocery store and saw what appeared from behind to be a woman, bent over and struggling to pull a large pack of Bud Light from the cooler. She suspected female because the person was wearing tight, spandex shorts, had a slight build, and shaved legs.

When the beer was out of the cooler, she saw the person was a guy with a short beard and red lipstick.

She saw him again on another aisle with nothing other than the beer in his basket, nearly prancing as he walked. Clearly, his intent was to make a spectacle of himself as some kind of protest figure.

Probably lost a bet....
techno-ag
AG
CDUB98 said:

Y'all can scream "go woke, go broke" until the cows come home, but until sales stay consistently low, people get axed, and the share price drops, it's merely a bump in the road for the mega-corp.

I hope like **** that they fail, but the odds are against it.
Lookin good.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Squadron7
AG
Quote:

...nearly prancing as he walked.

I believe that is called "flouncing".
will25u
Chef Elko
AG
will25u said:

Drink away, Charles
TX_COWDOC
AG
Well that's too bad, Sir Charles. I'll move you into the LeBron category of people I couldn't care less about. #instablock

Looks like the last person I have any sentimental attachment to is MJ.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
carl spacklers hat
And MJ was smart enough to keep politics out of his business.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
agent-maroon
AG
At least now we know what libs like Chuck REALLY think of us. Eff you too!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Anyone who still drinks Bud Light…. **** y'all
C@LAg
glad charles solved the real issues like racism so that he freed up enough time to defend a gay beer.
Logos Stick
It's so cool how Barkley gets to rant like that and keep his job.

Black privilege on full display.
AnScAggie
AG
Logos Stick said:

It's so cool how Barkley gets to rant like that and keep his job.

Black privilege on full display.

There's no way a black millionaire celebrity can be racist, no way at all that can happen…
deddog
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Anyone who still drinks Bud Light…. **** y'all

Yeah. No one's ****ing those losers
will25u
Martin Q. Blank
I love whenever this thread gets bumped.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Still digging in his heels on "misinformation" now

https://stocks.apple.com/AHueBuSdVQOuDvdBWkadxnQ
txags92
AG
G. hirsutum Ag said:

The problem AB is facing now is that in order to get their customers back, they have to hope that the beer drinkers who stopped buying BL and other AB brands will actually miss them enough to come back eventually. Nothing they say or do at this point will really matter because it is too easy to just drink something else. There is very little effort or cost required on the part of the people who have decided to stop drinking BL. So hoping that they eventually make the conscious decision to end their boycott and start buying BL again is really all they can hope for. The only other marketing angle I could see them taking would be to highlight the American workers being hurt by the AB boycott if they are cutting back production or reducing shifts at their breweries. But I see that very much as a double edged sword that could come backwards against the executive team and their salaries and bonuses.
powerbelly
AG
txags92 said:

G. hirsutum Ag said:

The problem AB is facing now is that in order to get their customers back, they have to hope that the beer drinkers who stopped buying BL and other AB brands will actually miss them enough to come back eventually. Nothing they say or do at this point will really matter because it is too easy to just drink something else. There is very little effort or cost required on the part of the people who have decided to stop drinking BL. So hoping that they eventually make the conscious decision to end their boycott and start buying BL again is really all they can hope for. The only other marketing angle I could see them taking would be to highlight the American workers being hurt by the AB boycott if they are cutting back production or reducing shifts at their breweries. But I see that very much as a double edged sword that could come backwards against the executive team and their salaries and bonuses.

At this point there is nothing they can do IMO. The people who left for other beers are gone. It is extremely difficult to get people to switch light beers. This is a mistake of their own doing so highlighting working people losing their jobs while the CEO continues to hide and make his money wont go over well either.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
If AB slows brewing and distribution coors and yuengling are ramping up. Americans aren't drinking less beer. Those jobs won't be lost forever
techno-ag
AG
txags92 said:

G. hirsutum Ag said:

The only way to save the brand is turn it into a discount beer and increase Spanish language advertising. In a decade or two they can pitch it as a hip beer to the next generation of drinkers.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Robert L. Peters
We won this one.

Now all those that still have cable or satellite need to boycott CMT.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.