Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,316 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
CDUB98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Squadron7 said:

CDUB98 said:

Squadron7 said:

You know what would help stop this crap?

Make "Heinerscheid" a verb.

Disagree.

Making the brand name a verb, "Bud Lighting," has much more damage to a brand image versus just one person.

Monica Lewinsky disagrees.
apples/oranges
Squadron7
AG
CDUB98 said:

Squadron7 said:

CDUB98 said:

Squadron7 said:

Disagree.

Making the brand name a verb, "Bud Lighting," has much more damage to a brand image versus just one person.

apples/oranges

I disagree. The promise of relative anonymity lessens the personal penalty.

Make them immortal.
CDUB98
AG
Squadron7 said:

CDUB98 said:

Squadron7 said:

CDUB98 said:

Squadron7 said:

Disagree.

apples/oranges

I disagree. The promise of relative anonymity lessens the personal penalty.

Make them immortal.
Who is it you want to punish, Heinerscheid or woke companies?

I want to punish the woke companies and use another company as an example. The fact that she kicked it off is immaterial to me.

Guess we'll just have to live in disagreement on this one.
YouBet
AG
fka ftc said:

Just saw the ad watching the 'stros. Yea, I am thinking the motorcycle gang contingent are not generally pro-Trannie.

Maybe the busted up yamaha cruiser with a couple methhead tweekers could finally have a harley... beer can.

AB needs to realize that it has to take action to attempt a comeback, not just marketing ploys hoping you forget about Dylan's cans.

He get top surgery or did he get moobs the red blooded American male way by drinking a lot of BL?

Either way I will never forget his sacrifice for the greater good if it causes a sea change in corporate America.
1st Generation Ag
Zarathustra said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

As of November 24 of 2021, the five biggest shareholders of Harley Davidson are Boston Partners Global Investors, the Vanguard Group, BlackRock Fund Advisors, H Partners Management, and Beutel, Goodman & Co.

https://moneyinc.com/who-owns-harley-davidson/

Even BlackRock and Vanguard can't steer the market forever. Their clients won't keep investing their money in entities that don't generate a return.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Who is it you want to punish, Heinerscheid or woke companies?

Yes!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Squadron7 said:

Give it time. This will replace New Coke in discussions on worst marketing decisions of all time. That was not understanding your own brand. This is not understanding your own brand, your customers, or the market.
CDUB98
fka ftc
ABATTBQ11 said:

Squadron7 said:

Give it time. This will replace New Coke in discussions on worst marketing decisions of all time. That was not understanding your own brand. This is not understanding your own brand, your customers, or the market.
Except here they did not **** with the flavor in order to be more like their chief competitor without recognizing customers who preferred coke preferred the flavor of coke "classic" despite the "taste tests".

Here, BL went full tilt associating their product with behavior that many, many folks who actually drink their product found abhorrent and untenable. Its not just bad marketing, they actively disrespected and offended their primary customer.

But to your point, this will make New Coke seem like a poor seasonal marketing campaign compared to terminating the most popular beer brand in the US.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Prosperdick
AG
fka ftc said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Squadron7 said:

Except here they did not **** with the flavor in order to be more like their chief competitor without recognizing customers who preferred coke preferred the flavor of coke "classic" despite the "taste tests".

Here, BL went full tilt associating their product with behavior that many, many folks who actually drink their product found abhorrent and untenable. Its not just bad marketing, they actively disrespected and offended their primary customer.

But to your point, this will make New Coke seem like a poor seasonal marketing campaign compared to terminating the most popular beer brand in the US.
Exactly, the biggest expense to Coke likely was the production costs they wasted in creating New Coke it but it actually made people nostalgic for the "classic coke."

As Don Draper said:

fka ftc
Bud Light could include a free inflatable double D nymphomaniac model with the purchase of a 12 pack and still not get red blooded Americans to buy the product again.

Beer is fickle. If Bud Light is what was available if I wanted a beer, then bud light it is. Miller is fine, I can tolerate Coors but Yuengling is equally acceptable and without the woke. And its sort of the last American brewer out there.

Yuengling should 5x their marketing budget this summer and run the red, white and blue cans nonstop.

I also would put good money on InBev selling the AB segment before end of year.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Txhuntr
AG
fka ftc said:

I don't know, bud has about the same appeal as a poopy flavored lollipop right now. They're going to have to be able to show at least a flattened curve to offload that brand
Jack Ruby
I get what you're saying, but I honestly just want these corps to stop pandering. I've been active duty army for about 11 years and even the "rah rah rah American patriotism" ads make me cringe. I say this as someone who loves the USA.
techno-ag
AG
Let's not forget the Smith & Wesson Clinton era gunlock fiasco. Nobody bought a S&W for years.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

rednecked
AG
fka ftc said:

Bud Light could include a free inflatable double D nymphomaniac model with the purchase of a 12 pack and still not get red blooded Americans to buy the product again.

Beer is fickle. If Bud Light is what was available if I wanted a beer, then bud light it is. Miller is fine, I can tolerate Coors but Yuengling is equally acceptable and without the woke. And its sort of the last American brewer out there.

Yuengling should 5x their marketing budget this summer and run the red, white and blue cans nonstop.

the folks at Shiner would like a word with you

http://www.gambrinus.com/company_overview.html#
BillYeoman
I still think New Coke was sort of unintentional genius. Pepsi was gaining on Cokes market share. When they reintroduced Coke Classic…..Pepsi was left in the dust.

New Coke is totally different than this Bud Light fiasco
fka ftc
Jack Ruby said:

I get what you're saying, but I honestly just want these corps to stop pandering. I've been active duty army for about 11 years and even the "rah rah rah American patriotism" ads make me cringe. I say this as someone who loves the USA.
Roger that. I think Americans respect an American company or an American product / brand going all in on the red, white and blue. When its genuine, its effective. When its just for show, its counter-productive.

Yuengling could put a portion of sales to patriotic causes / charities and leverage their made in America, owned by Americans, etc.

fka ftc
I thought for some reason they had sold out several years ago. But its good to have options.

techno-ag
AG
fka ftc said:

Jack Ruby said:

Roger that. I think Americans respect an American company or an American product / brand going all in on the red, white and blue. When its genuine, its effective. When its just for show, its counter-productive.

Yuengling could put a portion of sales to patriotic causes / charities and leverage they're made in America, owned by Americans, etc.
Tunnels to Towers.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

fka ftc
For Bud Light to recover, they could probably make a blue and yellow can with Zelensky and pander to the war mongering DNC and RINOs who push for ongoing military grift.

Hell, they could sponsor the Ukraine worship thread right here on f16...

AnScAggie
AG
Jack Ruby said:

I don't think the case of Yuengling is pandering. My son goes to Penn St and they are a pretty good "America" proud company. Their advertising has always been about being America's oldest brewery, family owned and American made.
American Hardwood
AG
All these articles comparing Bud Light sales to Miller and Coors are fine and all, but I want to see the comparison to Yuengling Flight. I don't see their sales figures reported anywhere on a quick web search. I think the media is going to be reluctant to report those figures if they are even available because they are probably going to show a multi-hundred percent sales volume increase.

I realize that a hundred thousand cases of YF is going make a much larger percentage increase than a hundred thousand cases of Miller Lite, but most people aren't going to think about that when they see a headline that reds "Yuengling Flight has a 500% Sales Increase in the Wake of Bud Light Fiasco."
ProgN
American Hardwood said:

All these articles comparing Bud Light sales to Miller and Coors are fine and all, but I want to see the comparison to Yuengling Flight. I don't see their sales figures reported anywhere on a quick web search. I think the media is going to be reluctant to report those figures if they are even available because they are probably going to show a multi-hundred percent sales volume increase.

I realize that a hundred thousand cases of YF is going make a much larger percentage increase than a hundred thousand cases of Miller Lite, but most people aren't going to think about that when they see a headline that reds "Yuengling Flight has a 500% Sales Increase in the Wake of Bud Light Fiasco."
Yuengling is family owned private business, they are not required to report anything.
fka ftc
ProgN said:

American Hardwood said:

Yuengling is family owned private business, they are not required to report anything.
I hope they do not have offices in NY. I have heard that there if private business records a private expense in the wrong internally reported category, their CEO can be charged with a felony, regardless of any statute of limitations and regardless of whether this internal reporting was ever shared with anyone or used to obtain a loan, business deal etc.

None of that matters in NY. Private business internal records are subject to felony / criminal charges for putting an expense in the wrong expense category. Crazy how things work up there.

I caution Yuengling. particularly if they get to patriotic with their beer cans and become radicalized white supremacist domestic ultra Mega MAGA terrorist.

American Hardwood
AG
ProgN said:

American Hardwood said:

Too bad. I bet those figures are astounding.....
bonfarr
AG
What I would love to see is InBev sell off AB back to the Busch family. There is no way this crap would have happened if August "Three Sticks" was still running the company. His son IV was CEO last and I'm not sure if there is an August Busch V but there has to be someone capable.

IV led the AB Marketing Team before becoming CEO and was considered instrumental in boosting the brands to a younger audience. I guess he was the "fratty" influence that Heinersheid wanted to obliterate.

Quote:

Busch IV focused the marketing department on humor, youth, animals, and tradition. He insisted to his father that his department could make splashyyet riskyads targeted at a younger demographic. That led to the creation of the Budweiser Frogs advertising campaign featuring puppet frogs chirping "Bud", "Weis", and "Er". Other campaigns overseen by Busch IV featured a friendly alligator, a sinister penguin with the catchphrase "doobie doobie do", partying ants, and a self-absorbed lizard named Louie. The ads, according to Fortune Magazine, helped Anheuser-Busch stock rise by 27% in 1996.[9] By 1998, the company achieved its best sales year ever.[10]

Stat Monitor Repairman
Starting to sound like bud light got Wally Pipped by Yuengling.
JFABNRGR
AG
fka ftc said:

It sounds as if Yuengling sells out often. I suspect they are at capacity. If they are going to take X% of BL shelf space and spend 5X on marketing they better have the production capacity for the shelf space and the demand.
fka ftc
Co-pack it at another brewery. AB may have some capacity.

AnScAggie
AG
JFABNRGR said:

fka ftc said:

It sounds as if Yuengling sells out often. I suspect they are at capacity. If they are going to take X% of BL shelf space and spend 5X on marketing they better have the production capacity for the shelf space and the demand.

They already have their Texas beers made at the Coors plant in Ft. Worth. I don't really think capacity is the issue as much as shelf space. Therefore, once the AB shelf space drops I bet you'll see plenty of Yuengling and it won't be so hard to get. It would be difficult for a retailer to store in the back the equivalent amount of Yuengling products as AB products because in many stores the Yuengling shelf space is limited to the width of a single 6 or 12 pack for their lager, light and Flight.
The Fife
fka ftc said:

Co-pack it at another brewery. AB may have some capacity.

Nah, they're busy packing something else
fka ftc
Kenneth_2003
AG
YouBet said:

fka ftc said:

Just saw the ad watching the 'stros. Yea, I am thinking the motorcycle gang contingent are not generally pro-Trannie.

Maybe the busted up yamaha cruiser with a couple methhead tweekers could finally have a harley... beer can.

AB needs to realize that it has to take action to attempt a comeback, not just marketing ploys hoping you forget about Dylan's cans.

He get top surgery or did he get moobs the red blooded American male way by drinking a lot of BL?

Either way I will never forget his sacrifice for the greater good if it causes a sea change in corporate America.

He's flatter than the pencil neck dork playing Magic cards.

He hasn't had a surgery unless it was to pull his wisdom teeth. Forget not, this flamboyant gay MAN's other goal is to normalize his bikini bulge.

Uhhhh, pretty sure women should bulge a bikini ABOVE the belly button, not below it.
Steampunk-Kangaroo
Cynic said:

We'll see. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. All these companies keep humming along in spite of their dreadful social media campaigns.
Yeah... I hate to say it but Big Tech is especially immune from "get woke go broke".

I mean... take Google. They've got a monopoly on basically everything- video streaming with Youtube, the Google search engine, web browsers with Google Chrome... And the alternatives aren't good enough to convince most people to migrate. Odysee, Bitchute and the like don't have the content people want to see (which becomes a chicken and egg problem since if people don't go there, there won't BE any content) and people refuse to use them because "it's for conservatives".
In the case of DuckDuckGo, it's just as bad as Google is about privacy and censorship, so most people see it as "new boss, just the same as the old boss". Plus the search results aren't nearly as accurate. The first page of DuckDuckGo just feels like the 6th or 7th page of Google over half of the time.
And for Brave, Brave doesn't have the backing that giants like Firefox or Chrome do so it's buggier (in my personal experience using it)

What I'm hoping for is that seeing other companies lose money for adopting leftist dogma will scare the tech companies into backing off.
--- Go and try, you'll never break me! ---
one safe place
fka ftc said:

ProgN said:

American Hardwood said:

I hope they do not have offices in NY. I have heard that there if private business records a private expense in the wrong internally reported category, their CEO can be charged with a felony, regardless of any statute of limitations and regardless of whether this internal reporting was ever shared with anyone or used to obtain a loan, business deal etc.

None of that matters in NY. Private business internal records are subject to felony / criminal charges for putting an expense in the wrong expense category. Crazy how things work up there.

I caution Yuengling. particularly if they get to patriotic with their beer cans and become radicalized white supremacist domestic ultra Mega MAGA terrorist.
Do you have a citation for that? Or is it just something you heard?
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.