Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,542 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
TexasAGGIEinAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Us East Arkansans will fully admit that we're not normal! My wife is an Okie and also agrees that Bud Light tastes like that smell. It's spot on.
carl spacklers hat
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Tramp96 said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Bud Light tastes like smell of the inside of a beer titty.

What is a beer titty, and how do you know the smell of the inside of a beer titty?

I'm from the country and we call a "coozie" or "huggie" a beer titty. And to smell them, you simply stick your nose in them and inhale.
I try to learn something new every day. I have now learned that 'necks in Arky call Koozies beer titties. Thanks for the knowledge
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
bonfarr
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Tramp96 said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

What is a beer titty, and how do you know the smell of the inside of a beer titty?

I'm from the country and we call a "coozie" or "huggie" a beer titty. And to smell them, you simply stick your nose in them and inhale.

Ah, I just bought 2 beer titties from the Babylon Bee store so there can be no doubt when I am hanging out at the Community pool.

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Tramp96
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Tramp96 said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

aezmvp
Chances Bud Light becomes Busch Ultra or some such in the near future? High. Completely wreck a brand they've spent half a century building so they can feel good on a live stream podcast. Crazy.
TexasAGGIEinAR
You're most welcome. Plenty more where that came from.
agent-maroon
AG
Thanks for the explanation. To be fair, my first thought about "beer titties" was some sort of, uhm... "enhanced" growth because of excessive beer consumption and not necessarily in a good way.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
aezmvp said:

Chances Bud Light becomes Busch Ultra or some such in the near future? High. Completely wreck a brand they've spent half a century building so they can feel good on a live stream podcast. Crazy.

I would bet they try to pull some retro bud light branding first. Disassociate from the newer branding and go back to the nostalgic feeling.
fka ftc
carl spacklers hat said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

I try to learn something new every day. I have now learned that 'necks in Arky call Koozies beer titties. Thanks for the knowledge
Only time I have ever heard it called a huggie is by an Australian. And he drank beer so fast he never had the need for one.

And now there is beer titty. Never heard of it, not sure I understand the origins but it is Arkansas.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Stat Monitor Repairman
powerbelly said:

aezmvp said:

I would bet they try to pull some retro bud light branding first. Disassociate from the newer branding and go back to the nostalgic feeling.

Bud dry light. Coming soon.
Stat Monitor Repairman
fka ftc said:

carl spacklers hat said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Only time I have ever heard it called a huggie is by an Australian. And he drank beer so fast he never had the need for one.

And now there is beer titty. Never heard of it, not sure I understand the origins but it is Arkansas.
Seems like huggie is common vernacular around south Alabama. Someone can confirm.
fka ftc
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

powerbelly said:

aezmvp said:

Bud dry light. Coming soon.
Is one warned about biting the pillow before ingesting posteriorly?
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
BlueMiles
AG
I just realized Bud Light and Target have the same kind of dog. Any other companies use a bull terrier as a mascot?

fka ftc
Dunno about other bull terriers in advertising, but this bull has nothing on the Hitler Cat from Rocky's sunday funnies thread.

Jack Squat 83
AG
How bout 'Bud Straight'?
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Anyone else waiting on BL to roll out their Pride Month promotions? How many grand plans are now in the trash?
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
aggiehawg
AG
Nipper was part bull terrier.

BlueMiles
AG
Excellent post!
aggiehawg
AG
BlueMiles said:

Excellent post!
That picture of that dog was used in a crap ton of different companies ad campaigns, even though he died in 1895.

Quote:

Nipper lives on through the RCA and HMV brand names; he has even appeared in RCA ads on television with his "son", a puppy named Chipper who was added to the RCA family in 1991
wiki
Stat Monitor Repairman
Jack Squat 83 said:

Anyone else waiting on BL to roll out their Pride Month promotions? How many grand plans are now in the trash?

Bud light people scared to do anything.

They trotted out a 'merica commercial that pissed people off even more so now they shut down.

Brand safety-stand-down. all hands. nothing goes in or out till they decide what to do.

Lol at this ****.

One of the biggest brands in America clownin' everybody.

They mad. I wish someone on here was in insider at bud light and could give us the inside scoop.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
**** you bud light
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
one safe place
Jack Squat 83 said:

lol, yeah, I bet there were some emails and phone conferences telling marketing folks don't you dare!
dreyOO
PlaneCrashGuy said:

**** you bud light
Exactly. The former CIA idiot tweeted in limp wrist fashion, failing to take a stand either way.

They deserve this.
Stat Monitor Repairman
As I recall they waited a week before the CEO issued that a-camel-is a-horse-designed by committee statement that made people lol even more.

They got no clue what to do but trickle truth each other until some consultants recommend they discontinue the brand.
TX_COWDOC
AG
What'd they do last year?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
The Fife
Someone's been screwing around with the mountain of Bud Lite at the neighborhood Publix. The stuff sucks but it's not discontinued... Yet
Johnny Park!
one safe place said:

Jack Squat 83 said:

lol, yeah, I bet there were some emails and phone conferences telling marketing folks don't you dare!

All BL execs are on their knees praying for Miller and/or Coors light to run pride ads
AgDad121619
AG
ProgN said:

George Strait concert goers IGNORE Bud Light tent as Dylan Mulvaney debacle rumbles on | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

ud Light has been hit with another blow after fans at a George Strait concert were caught on camera deliberately avoiding the beer and plumping for other options.

The brand, owned by Anheuser-Busch, teamed up with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney for an advert during March Madness.

But the decision backfired, causing the Belgian brewing giant to tank $19billion from its market value since the advertisement on April 1.

Footage posted on Twitter showed dozens of cans of Bud Light and other Anheuser-Busch products remaining on the shelves in Columbus, Ohio, while fans of the 'King of Country' bought other beverages.

Both Budweiser and Michelob Ultra were also left on the shelves of the fridges, though it was unclear if the boycott of all Anheuser-Busch products was intentional or not.

Quote:

One man grabbed a blue can, but it was unclear if it was Bud Light or not, while others continued to drink Ultra's with one person saying: 'But they're drinking Michelob ultra? They're still giving money to Anheuser-Busch, but they think they're doing something to the makers of Bud Light?'

Many were quick to praise the supposed ban on the light beer, saying: We've been to a AAA baseball game and an MLB game this season. The grab and go stands full of Anheuser-Busch products didn't get touched.

'The ballparks have mostly Bud products available and beer sales are way down.'

Quote:

Timothy Calkins, associate chair of the marketing department at Northwestern Kellogg, told Fox Business: 'I think we'll see more brands be very cautious about getting into the middle of some of these really controversial issues.

'It was pretty clear, with Bud Light, that decisions were made by the team working on the brand, but not by more senior executives. And so, there wasn't really a line in there.

'I think in hindsight a team would say, you really don't want to get involved in that controversial an issue.'
Quote:

Industry analysts have warned that unless something drastic changes, the negative volume trends will continue into the summer.

the marketing teams making those decisions are doing it with full support of senior leadership - too much DEI communication littered through quarterly reports and company communication to give sr leadership a pass.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
You've seen internal documents or made an assumption?
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Logos Stick
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ayfkm

Lololololololol
Win At Life
AG
I forget what channel or program it was, because I was working and not paying attention, but caught a super-americana BL commercial with a cowboy/cowgirl scene at a rodeo or some CW concert. It was such an obvious attempt to pander to the conservative crowd without ever denying what they did, I just had to laugh. FBL and FAB.
aggiedata
AG
bonfarr
AG
Luckily quite a few AB Distributors also have rights to Constellation Brands and Modelo and Corona are keeping them in business. I had one pushing to add Pacifico to our sets I assume to also offset the BL losses.

It's crazy to me to see how popular and expensive Mexican Imports are now when in the 80s they were known for being dirt cheap.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
bonfarr said:

Luckily quite a few AB Distributors also have rights to Constellation Brands and Modelo and Corona are keeping them in business. I had one pushing to add Pacifico to our sets I assume to also offset the BL losses.

It's crazy to me to see how popular and expensive Mexican Imports are now when in the 80s they were known for being dirt cheap.

Tecate by the cases at Lake LBJ back in the 80s. Very cheap. Still have an affinity for that purely for the nostalgia.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Logos Stick said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ayfkm

Lololololololol

Its a fair question though

AgDad121619 said:

the marketing teams making those decisions are doing it with full support of senior leadership

implies he's aware of facts the rest of us don't have.

First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.