Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,449 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The Fife
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

bonfarr said:

Luckily quite a few AB Distributors also have rights to Constellation Brands and Modelo and Corona are keeping them in business. I had one pushing to add Pacifico to our sets I assume to also offset the BL losses.

It's crazy to me to see how popular and expensive Mexican Imports are now when in the 80s they were known for being dirt cheap.

Tecate by the cases at Lake LBJ back in the 80s. Very cheap. Still have an affinity for that purely for the nostalgia.
Tecate - the only beer so bad I've seen high school kids give it away
CDUB98
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Logos Stick said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

You've seen internal documents or made an assumption?

Ayfkm

Lololololololol

Its a fair question though

AgDad121619 said:

the marketing teams making those decisions are doing it with full support of senior leadership

implies he's aware of facts the rest of us don't have.
You eve heard of a 10-K?
DatTallArchitect
AG
agent-maroon said:

Thanks for the explanation. To be fair, my first thought about "beer titties" was some sort of, uhm... "enhanced" growth because of excessive beer consumption and not necessarily in a good way.
I used to know a guy who had stretch marks (like a mother would have) because of how much he drank the summer he turned 21.
MooreTrucker
AG
Win At Life said:

I forget what channel or program it was, because I was working and not paying attention, but caught a super-americana BL commercial with a cowboy/cowgirl scene at a rodeo or some CW concert. It was such an obvious attempt to pander to the conservative crowd without ever denying what they did, I just had to laugh. FBL and FAB.
Zac Brown's "Chicken Fried" as the soundtrack. Not sure how I feel about that 'cause I love that song.
MooreTrucker
AG
CDUB98 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Logos Stick said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

You've seen internal documents or made an assumption?

Ayfkm

Lololololololol

Its a fair question though

AgDad121619 said:

the marketing teams making those decisions are doing it with full support of senior leadership

implies he's aware of facts the rest of us don't have.
You eve heard of a 10-K?
Yeah, as a run, but not in this context.
TX04Aggie
AG
Lol at Drudge Report. Another thing liberals have ruined.
Ghost Mech
I would love to see how Bud Light sales are doing at MLB ballparks.

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

agent-maroon said:

Thanks for the explanation. To be fair, my first thought about "beer titties" was some sort of, uhm... "enhanced" growth because of excessive beer consumption and not necessarily in a good way.
I used to know a guy who had stretch marks (like a mother would have) because of how much he drank the summer he turned 21.

I remember how much beer I drank that summer,
Your friend was just fat
techno-ag
AG
agent-maroon said:

That's a doctor for you.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

nortex97
AG
Drudge? LOL, it is getting bad for them if that site is reporting it.
Kenneth_2003
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Win At Life said:

I forget what channel or program it was, because I was working and not paying attention, but caught a super-americana BL commercial with a cowboy/cowgirl scene at a rodeo or some CW concert. It was such an obvious attempt to pander to the conservative crowd without ever denying what they did, I just had to laugh. FBL and FAB.
Zac Brown's "Chicken Fried" as the soundtrack. Not sure how I feel about that 'cause I love that song.

That had to already be in production with how fast they pushed it out. That commercial has been floating around with minimal air time for a month or so.
DallasAg 94
DatTallArchitect
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

DatTallArchitect said:

agent-maroon said:

Your friend was just fat
He wasn't a friend; just an acquaintance. He just had the beer belly - not fat all over.
Uncle Howdy
S
Sounds like y'all need to buy a case of Bud Light and relive the glory days
ProgN
Geralt of Rivia said:

Sounds like y'all need to buy a case of Bud Light and relive the glory days

Scruffy
AG
Anecdote: I was at The Station Inn Sunday night (its a well known Bluegrass place) and I only saw 1 person drinking bud light. Place was packed...probably over 200 people.
Normally it's about 50% bud light, 45%coors and the remaining 5% craft beer or whiteclaw
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

DatTallArchitect said:

agent-maroon said:

Your friend was just fat
No lie, I weighed about 150 lbs and could go through beer like Homer and never gain an ounce.

Now I look at a six pack and gain weight.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
TexasAGGIEinAR
I've never tried to understand it. My dad and his buddies called them that in the 70's & 80's and we still do it to this day. My in-laws are Missourians and they laugh when I call them that.
American Hardwood
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

100-years ago kinfolk were trying not to starve to death. Now our biggest problem is deciding what low calorie light beer we ain't gonna drink because of a twink-'n-a-tub.

So overall we doing pretty good and ain't got nothing to complain about.

Yet.
We may not have worry about starving to death physically anymore, but mentally we are malnourished and spiritually we are starving. If we weren't, we wouldn't be suffering from this insanity.

So, pardon me if I am not onboard with us doing "pretty good".

:edit for grammar
AnScAggie
AG
When do the Memorial Day weekend sales figures come in? I can't wait to see how much farther they have fallen.
TRM
AG
https://www.thestreet.com/retailers/bud-light-announces-new-initiative-with-lgbtq-business-owners-despite-boycott-loss-of-sales
Quote:

Anheuser-Busch (BUDFF) is doubling down on support for a pro-LGBTQ+ organization amid recent backlash.

Bud Light announced on Tuesday, May 30 that it would be extending its partnership with the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce which started last year. The brewing company is also donating $200,000 to the NGLCC for the second year in a row.

"Today, Bud Light and the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), the exclusive certifying body for LGBT-owned businesses, announce they are extending their partnership to continue supporting economic opportunities and advancements for LGBTQ+ Americans and business owners across the country," Anheuser-Busch said in a statement.
Jack Ruby
BL has stepped into quicksand. Trying to placate both sides, but failing miserably as they're trying to swim themselves out. They could've just kept the dilly dilly campaign, but the tiny tiny and vocal minority in charge convinced them otherwise. It honestly stuns me how they just handed the keys to the asylum inmates voluntarily.

For the love of God, let this be a lesson to CEOs. We don't want to be preached to, just say: "hey look, our product is cheap, drinkable, and gives you a nice buzz"

Is it really that difficult to understand?
CheeseSndwch

Jack Squat 83 said:

Anyone else waiting on BL to roll out their Pride Month promotions? How many grand plans are now in the trash?

Bud light people scared to do anything.

They trotted out a 'merica commercial that pissed people off even more so now they shut down.

Brand safety-stand-down. all hands. nothing goes in or out till they decide what to do.

Lol at this ****.

One of the biggest brands in America clownin' everybody.

They mad. I wish someone on here was in insider at bud light and could give us the inside scoop.

Still radio silent as of this morning.
Daddy-O5
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Jack Squat 83 said:

Anyone else waiting on BL to roll out their Pride Month promotions? How many grand plans are now in the trash?

They trotted out a 'merica commercial that pissed people off even more so now they shut down.

Brand safety-stand-down. all hands. nothing goes in or out till they decide what to do.

Lol at this ****.

They mad. I wish someone on here was in insider at bud light and could give us the inside scoop.

To be a fly on the wall on the "what's our next tweet going to be?" marketing committee.
AGHouston11
AG
Meanwhile the genius that made the stupid decision to go trans on the can is still getting paid.

deddog
AG
Jack Ruby said:

BL has stepped into quicksand. Trying to placate both sides, but failing miserably as they're trying to swim themselves out. They could've just kept the dilly dilly campaign, but the tiny tiny and vocal minority in charge convinced them otherwise. It honestly stuns me how they just handed the keys to the asylum inmates voluntarily.

For the love of God, let this be a lesson to CEOs. We don't want to be preached to, just say: "hey look, our product is cheap, drinkable, and gives you a nice buzz"

You are wrong on them trying to placate both sides.

If BL wanted to placate their customers, they would have admitted that serious mistakes were made. They have done no such thing. Why? because we've reached a point where ESG matters more than your balance sheet. If the execs disown the campaign openly, they will never ever be employed at a Fortune 500 company or even S&P mid size company - Vanguard and BlackRock will never approve their appointment.

So the execs would rather watch BL going down the drain.
deddog
AG
AGHouston11 said:

Meanwhile the genius that made the stupid decision to go trans on the can is still getting paid.

See post above.
Fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders no longer matters
hunter2012
AG
deddog said:

Jack Ruby said:

You are wrong on them trying to placate both sides.

If BL wanted to placate their customers, they would have admitted that serious mistakes were made. They have done no such thing. Why? because we've reached a point where ESG matters more than your balance sheet. If the execs disown the campaign openly, they will never ever be employed at a Fortune 500 company or even S&P mid size company - Vanguard and BlackRock will never approve their appointment.

So the execs would rather watch BL going down the drain.
Frankly their treatment of mainstream America is just contempt. Their "clydesdale 'Merica!" commercial shows just how stupid they think most Americans are. It was barely even a bone they threw.
Jack Ruby
Yeah that's my point. The military/american flag waving/Clydesdale nonsense is insulting, and only further drives the knife into their own throats.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Daddy-O5 said:

CheeseSndwch said:

Jack Squat 83 said:

Lol at this ****.

To be a fly on the wall on the "what's our next tweet going to be?" marketing committee.
Logos Stick
It's funny to watch this play out.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Bud light twitter account lies abandoned since April 14th.

If the sun sets on the start of pride month without a tweet from Bud light, are we left to conclude that bud light is a fair-weather friend of the LGBT community?
Daddy-O5
AG

If the sun sets on the start of pride month without a tweet from Bud light, are we left to conclude that bud light is a fair-weather friend of the LGBT community?
Homophobes, more likely.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Homophobes, more likely.

Paralyzed with fear. A sign of being truly leader less.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.